The HullaBoard

The HullaBoard (http://www.hulla.info/board/index.php)
-   Enchanted (http://www.hulla.info/board/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   How many people were at Enchanted? (http://www.hulla.info/board/showthread.php?t=15429)

Sim December 11th, 2003 05:43 PM

How many people were at Enchanted?

I'm just curious, approx. how many people were at Enchanted?

Also, what is the capacity of the Opera House?

thx :)

Seizure December 11th, 2003 08:52 PM

I'm not sure about Enchanted specifically... but on average at a Hulla event at Opera House, would be about 900 people... give or take.

Sim December 11th, 2003 11:47 PM

wow.

You'de never think you could cram that many people in there :D

itsgigglegirl December 12th, 2003 03:58 AM

I think on PureRave it lists the max capacity at 850...but maybe i'm remembering incorrectly...in any event, in theory it does seem like a MASSIVE amount of people to be having in there...but when you're there, it feels nice and homey...and like "the more, the merrier" :)

TrYpPy December 12th, 2003 06:21 AM

hehe it's true :) The more people there is, the better the party.
Of course the music is always awesome, but it's the people that make or break the party for me.
I'm not sure if there was actually 850+ people in there, but there sure was alot :)

*MoonDancer* December 14th, 2003 11:30 PM

I think that number is a bit high..
750 - 800 i believe is Capacity for Opera house.
Kris*

Keron_DaFunky1 December 15th, 2003 09:03 AM

it is HORRIBLE when the opera house is put over capacity...

one of the last concerts i went to there...

ow...i was pushed RIGHT against the front of the stage for 3 hours...it had cut THROUGH my jeans into my legs...but it was SOOOO worth it \m/ rock! \m/

anabolic frolic December 15th, 2003 03:28 PM

Capacity for the opera house is 850. From my dealings with the management there, generally they don't have any of their door people keeping count so concert promoters may very well put more than that in there. Because of our history we've always stayed within the legal limits, and 850 is crowded enough.

dianejapa December 15th, 2003 05:55 PM

850? yeah id say that is definitly crowded enough, although i must say it seems like theres more than 850 people there. like in the pictures of the crowd. it look like so many more people are packed in there

DJ Tranzit December 15th, 2003 08:19 PM

pfft. no way.
in pics it looks like 300-400

keep in mind, you have about 25-50 people downstairs in the washrooms

about 100-200 in the bar area, plus people on stage, and by the doors

Sim December 15th, 2003 08:28 PM

Ya from what I could see while there, it didnt look like there were any more then 500 total in that building.

I wasnt really sure, thats why I brought my question here :)

dianejapa December 15th, 2003 08:40 PM

i dont know... i was never good at math... i see lots of people and my mind jumps to big numbers... usually made up numbers like "gajillion"

anabolic frolic December 15th, 2003 09:31 PM

It's hard to judge sometimes, I've had people ACCUSE ME (with supposed "inside information") of putting 1400 people in there. ha.

Anyways, I think the Opera House serves us fine for what we're doing at the moment. There are certainly worse places to be. When SARS was going on and our attendance was down, the staggered dancefloor helped make those parties feel like they were still rockin' even those the back was more empty than usual. We also closed the balcony early to keep the vibe tight downstairs.

objectiview711 December 15th, 2003 10:24 PM

A venue that is too large makes a party seem small and scattered even when there are a few hundred people there.
I.E. pleasuredome

kandijunglegrrl December 16th, 2003 02:27 PM

i didn't feel as though it was that packed. i would guess-timate about 600 people. and i was comfy all night :) that was the best night of my life.... :)

i can't wait til stardust though....my one year. a massive. yay. :) 4000+ attendees.

then there's accelerator a few weeks later...gods above am i addicted to hullabaloo now or what!? haha

liquidgecko December 16th, 2003 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kandijunglegrrl
i didn't feel as though it was that packed. i would guess-timate about 600 people. and i was comfy all night :) that was the best night of my life.... :)

i can't wait til stardust though....my one year. a massive. yay. :) 4000+ attendees.

then there's accelerator a few weeks later...gods above am i addicted to hullabaloo now or what!? haha

what and where is this stardust you speak of?
thx.

anabolic frolic December 16th, 2003 02:56 PM

we had 800 at enchanted btw.

Sim December 16th, 2003 03:38 PM

cool.

Ya its kinda hard to judge by eye. There were too many sensory-provoking elements to be able to get an accurate estimate :D

itsgigglegirl December 16th, 2003 03:59 PM

I can totally agree with 800 people being in the opera house...I've had lectures with 450 students in them, so I have some concept of how many peole that is, and I can feel that there are always WAY more than that at hulla.

anabolic frolic December 16th, 2003 04:06 PM

Our December parties are usually down a bit in attendance, due to the timing with students exams and stuff so the fact that we were close to capacity for this one was a success for me.

Our February parties usually do very well, and so I expect a sellout for our next one considering we have flyers on the street and promotion on our website already.

itsgigglegirl December 16th, 2003 07:44 PM

the April hulla won't be around Easter again this year will it? I don't think I can afford to miss that holiday again without being disowned by my family...:(

anabolic frolic December 16th, 2003 08:11 PM

Is Easter on April 11th? We're a week later I think.

dianejapa December 16th, 2003 09:46 PM

easter?? please... i only celebrated 4/20 last year... stoner holidays come before jesus holidays with me :lol:

DJ Tranzit December 17th, 2003 10:11 AM

*shakes head*

family stuff is important guys.. you'll learn this one day

Ceduxion December 18th, 2003 03:53 AM

:p Yeah, family holidays should be taken advantage of before your parents get old and start losing their minds and talking to toys and hunting for faeries in their basements and then randomly deciding at different points during the year that they forgot to disown you this month. (which is why i stay the HELL away from anyone related to me on Christmas!!!)