The HullaBoard

The HullaBoard (http://www.hulla.info/board/index.php)
-   Sail Away (http://www.hulla.info/board/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Horns Crew Don't Stop! (http://www.hulla.info/board/showthread.php?t=16265)

anabolic frolic March 28th, 2004 04:42 AM

Horns Crew Don't Stop!

The one thing missing from Hulla's has been a lack of horns, so I've managed to order a couple dozen UK style horns (12" long hard plastic, not too big like the stadium horns, but proper rave horns).

They'll be on sale at the HullaStore booth for 10 bucks.

Everybodies_Daddy March 28th, 2004 10:46 AM

They were like 10 quid at Slammin' Vinyl's NYE... so $10 ain't bad.

Any word on white gloves and construction worker outfits?

MCED

Race 2 Da Beat March 28th, 2004 11:21 AM

Horns are fun.... just sell them to RESPONIBLE people... like you know, the ones who AREN'T on various letters and who don't ruin songs with them.

Theres nothing more that I hate than stupid kids who thing its necessary to "toot" on their wistle all throughout a set.

Kelly

Mr Skittles March 28th, 2004 12:16 PM

I have my own sacred Hulla Horn. U can hear it on several cds from various hullas. I never leave home w/o it!!

neverlandgurl March 28th, 2004 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race 2 Da Beat
Horns are fun.... just sell them to RESPONIBLE people... like you know, the ones who AREN'T on various letters and who don't ruin songs with them.

Theres nothing more that I hate than stupid kids who thing its necessary to "toot" on their wistle all throughout a set.

Kelly

hahaha i can see kids trying to take a permit test before being able to buy

g-love March 28th, 2004 04:32 PM

horns seems like they would be too annoying if a couple dozen candy kids got a hold of them

anabolic frolic March 28th, 2004 04:51 PM

horns are like whistles, one person blowing them is annoying, a bunch just drown each other out.

Whistles are actually more annoying cause of their pitch, so if you can handle the whistles, horns just add some bottom end to all the noise ;).

orbz March 28th, 2004 08:39 PM

This is all going to end in tears.

I say pass around a few megaphones

dianejapa March 28th, 2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

Kelly

i second that notion... im defintily not a fan of disruptive horn/whistle blowing... so note to anyone who ends up getting a horn, please use it at appropriate times :::Gets down on knees and begs::::

kandeegirl2 March 29th, 2004 10:01 AM

horns are a nice effect and hopefully people who would buy one know what they're buying it for....i love to whistle but hopefully i don't do it annoyingly.... :)

monstercan-D March 29th, 2004 11:26 AM

Horns, whistles and all that jazz at Hulla -great!

Whistles at Digweed (like two weeks ago) -hate!

JaMGiRL March 29th, 2004 11:50 AM

Quote from Gobstoppa with DJ Dougal (Get Hype)... "Now I want to hear you make the LOUDEST noise that you caaaaaaan...." *whistles.... HORN... whistles* "shouts out to tha horns crew... now THAT was loud!"

Such a good set... Such a good MC!

g-love March 29th, 2004 06:05 PM

^^^^one of the best i know

pinkbunny511 March 30th, 2004 10:33 AM

the only hulla i've been to was accelerator, and they didnt have horns there, but in the hulla cds i have i can hear them in the background and it sounds awesome! :rotfl:

raveDave March 30th, 2004 11:35 AM

Can I bring my Dad's old air raid siren? It's got a hand crank like the one in the movie Grease. It's really hardcore!

RoB-B March 30th, 2004 01:55 PM

mr t
limey
myself
and maybe a few select others

it has been decided

who ever has the most broken horns at the end of the night wins

pointy_sticks March 30th, 2004 02:51 PM

I prefer horns over whistles any day. They're louder, but not so painfully high-pitched.

limey March 30th, 2004 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoB-B
mr t
limey
myself
and maybe a few select others

it has been decided

who ever has the most broken horns at the end of the night wins

hahaha.. ill have to bow out of this one. That night im hitting up Donnie's cancer fund raiser thingy... two charity parties on the same weekend... what are the odds?

happyhat March 30th, 2004 07:21 PM

Anabolic Frolic, nice topic :goodwork:
Many of you probably herd my horn allready, it's very loud (((!psycho!)))
I've seen those plastic long horns that you have to manualy blow
into to produce sound

You guys should try the Nitrous Oxide powered horn it's
125 decibles of rave hardcore power

WARNING!
This device breaks the laws of sound :eek:

JaMGiRL April 1st, 2004 12:10 PM

Yeah Happyhat your horn is VERY VERY Loud... Loud horns scare me... I run away from them... hehe

okidam April 1st, 2004 05:46 PM

i hate when assholes get the no2 horns, a guy was blaring it back towards the crowd at a party last weekend XO

Weaver April 1st, 2004 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveDave
Can I bring my Dad's old air raid siren? It's got a hand crank like the one in the movie Grease. It's really hardcore!

LMAO

that would be really cool, especially just to hear everyone go "what the fuck was that"

TrYpPy April 1st, 2004 08:50 PM

Quote:

Kelly

Do i EVER agree with you there.. but no worries.. if I see someone ruining a song :P I'll buy the damn thing off them for 15$ and smash it.. or.. just use when we're asked to make some HaRdCoRe noise!

*Ravers are you ready!!!!*

orbz April 3rd, 2004 02:49 PM

^^ now ppl are gonna ruin stuff just to extort money :eek:

fREAKYjUNGLIST April 10th, 2004 05:22 AM

this is interesting...uk style eh?!? how so
*intrigued*