The HullaBoard

The HullaBoard (http://www.hulla.info/board/index.php)
-   Birthday Funtopia 7 (http://www.hulla.info/board/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   What the Brits thought... (http://www.hulla.info/board/showthread.php?t=17329)

Davespice(uk) July 7th, 2004 07:14 AM

What the Brits thought...

I have never felt so welcomed at a rave as I did at Funtopia last Saturday, seriously, you lot are an absolute credit to the global hardcore scene! I’m sure you’re gonna start seeing more Brits come over when we tell everyone about our experience. When we got pulled up onto the stage – my god – I have never in my life had that much attention, and if that was not enough we had a dance from the friendship crew dedicated to us! I honestly don’t think we deserved all that, but hand on my heart those things plus the friendliness of everyone I met will set that weekend in my memories for ever!

Sadly though, I don’t think I will be coming back for the foreseeable future. In September I am going to University in London to start a degree in Archaeology, which means that (on the pittance that a student gets these days) I won’t even be able to afford raves in the UK, let alone overseas! But seriously though, if anyone here comes over to London do look me up as I will be living very close by! You will always be welcome in my house.

neverlandgurl July 7th, 2004 10:01 AM

awww dave you're the bestest!
i'm glad you guys made it home okay!

Saber July 7th, 2004 10:53 AM

that's a very generous invite mate. my friend Ada is heading over this October and my sister now is studying at Oxford. A trip on the tube and we'er in London, so it would be great to meet up\!

Cheers

Acorn143 July 7th, 2004 12:37 PM

That is so nice.. Thanx hun.. I am sure Moondancer will look you up cause she goes to England every Summer...

CareSieB July 7th, 2004 03:03 PM

i am so glad i got to meet you dave! you guys were super nice so of COURSE people were nice to you! I am that girl who told you I wasnt crazy haha..i know I was lying hehehe :P
SO glad you guys had a good time!

astralkid July 7th, 2004 03:27 PM

Great seeing you guyz, u looked u were enjoying urselfs, Im the kid who introduced himself as astralkid and took a pic of u with a couple of ppl from the hulla board..... Good luck with University, and yeah I also wanted a degree in archaeology, but didnt have the patience for it :p ....

2+2=5 July 7th, 2004 03:40 PM

+

You two are insane!!! Seriously!

That's really great that you had such a rad time over here in Toronto. The conversation we had about parties over there was well entertaining!

Goodluck with Uni!!! I'm supposed to stop by England next year so maybe i'll get the chance to pop in!

=

XSTACEY July 7th, 2004 04:10 PM

Awhhh you guys DID totally deserve that :) I've never seen anyone come that far in my whole life of raving hehe It was the sweetest tribute since the marriage proposal at Hardsound 1 @ the NewZ

and dont worry about not coming back for awhile, school is way more important, I might see you guys in late March Im planning a trip to Europe :D

WeeEeeeEe

Mr Skittles July 7th, 2004 05:53 PM

I'll be going to Europe next July sometime. But thank you guys for coming out!

happyhat July 7th, 2004 06:10 PM

^^^

While you're down there, get me one
of those UK's green traffic control
vest will ya :yeah:

Weaver July 7th, 2004 06:55 PM

yayyyyy Dave! Have a good time in university and goodluck! Thanks for comming out to Hulla, you made my night just that much better!

DJ Tranzit July 7th, 2004 07:12 PM

we may have a smaller "scene" but we definately know how to party :)

hkorekanddy July 7th, 2004 08:19 PM

dave man it was great to meet you. ill definatly let you kno if im comin over seas. its possible in the next 2 years ill be comin there for masters of hardcore, thunderdome, and love parade. and if u ever make it to the sates again keep me posted. glad you had a blast.

laters
dj dice :spin:

pinkbunny511 July 8th, 2004 03:16 AM

glad you guys could make it!

xdigitalxdreamx July 8th, 2004 04:10 AM

that was a neat part of hulla meeting other ravers from overseas!!
im glad you guys enjoyed partying it up in canada man! :D

astraboy July 8th, 2004 05:16 AM

Yes it was rather good wasn't it?:D
I write rave reviews for another website so I will post up a link when it is finished.
I had a REALLY good time though, the way we were made to feel welcome by just about everybody in the building was a definite highlight. as was the Care Bear Stare :D
Full review coming soon,
Shouts to everyone who was there, you're all heroes:cool:
astraboy.

Saffron July 8th, 2004 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraboy
Yes it was rather good wasn't it?:D

So British :D

Do you go on www.gurn.net ?

Saffron July 8th, 2004 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTACEY
school is way more important,

:eek: I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES!

*touches floor*

Yep its FROZEN! :D

astraboy July 8th, 2004 05:41 AM

I write for them, I'm not sure if they want me to do a review for them or not though.
The review I am writing will go on www.ush.net/board but I will post up a link so you wont have to search for it.
If i manage to get to a computer tonight it will be up by this evening. if not, tomorrow.:)
Regards,
astraboy.

Saffron July 8th, 2004 06:47 AM

^^ Did you ever go on the gurn board? Ket kid and I are like best buddies :D /sarcasm

astraboy July 8th, 2004 09:19 AM

lol! no, I'm afriad Ketkid and I dont get on very well. :D;)
Besides, Gurn.net is not the place for me. Ush.net is where I belong, I just write for Gurn cos they asked me to.
astraboy.

Saffron July 8th, 2004 10:11 AM

^^ I was being sarcastic :) KetKid is a right TWAT.

Mr Skittles July 8th, 2004 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tranzit
we may have a smaller "scene" but we definately know how to party :)

Paul knows whats up!