The HullaBoard

The HullaBoard (http://www.hulla.info/board/index.php)
-   Back & Forth (http://www.hulla.info/board/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Review (http://www.hulla.info/board/showthread.php?t=18963)

~*Little_Butterfly*~ December 12th, 2004 09:27 AM

OMFG! last night was the shit!

yo who else is the biggest sketch bag? last night is definately top three (wich makes sense as it was only my third rave :D ) i am sooooooooooooooo sketchy. who else feels the pain?

a big psycic hug too every one who was there last night. i know you all partied hard!

my tactile responses are skrewed but it was well worth it!

..... even if i did spend a significant portion of time in the bathroom! :D (big thanx to Shannon the cool security chick, its nice to know some one cares enough to help you out when your head is in the toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

orbz December 12th, 2004 09:33 AM

Review

Ok, I've only been going to hulla since enchanted, but even just attending the hullas from enchanted through funtopia, i had started to get sick of a lot of things, i still looooooved hulla but... well you've all heard me bitch :D heartbeats yada yada

but OMFG WTF now hulla's the best party AND the best talent!!! well, obviously the talent was present, maybe i mean 'performance', or even just 'music'
everyone really seemed to be giving it their all. it hadn't really hit me til last night that, while its (for example) ken and lisa's first time playing hulla... it's also quite definitely their last... and for the next 4 hullas every set is clearly gonna have that final-set unbelievableness to it

every set last night was absolutely stellar... my favourite track definitely goes to psyklone for dropping skeeter's everything i needed to know i learned from pingu... but i think my favourite set would have to be the lost boys... simply fucking unbelievable. euro! a shitload of unbelievable jungle!

all the mcs were amazing too, i loved end early on, its been a long time since ive seen him at a party where the setup and focus really allows for paying attention to it, but that was awesome! and ed/gobstoppa/jumper was siiick

i even liked jumper. hell, i was even good with kwik.

there's like soooo much more i can't even start, like id have to just list everything that happened all night.

only complaint: guys, mr. vain is getting kind of overplayed, i'm sick of going to hulla and hearing that track all night :lol:

j/k of course

everything was amazing

eeeeeeverything

except security grabbing me out of the middle of the dancefloor for no reason to pull me to the front to search all my shit again, and then watching me all night long. that wasn't amazing. that was stupid. :rolleyes:

AstroCreep December 12th, 2004 12:24 PM

friskey & d-minus, hands down, no compitetion, best set of the night for me
every track was great
only dissapointment, that tease with jungle was just mean, i hear a few breakbeats, dance like hell, and then it was gone, but a few tracks is better then nothing

venue seemed a tad empty, but it made for a nice airy, not to hot setting

good party tho
but hope to see a jungle set thrown in the mix for the next 3 parties

JaMGiRL December 12th, 2004 01:02 PM

This was one of my favourite hullabaloo's by far. :)

That is all! :)

babyEjunglist December 12th, 2004 01:55 PM

This was also one of my favorite Hullas for sure. The vibe inside was just soooo amazing :D... The beginning of the night I remember was EXTRA good but its still a little blurry from the fact I was completely wastered off my ass :).. but I loved hearing CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT hahaha.. that was awesome.... and Hardcore Vibes definetly made my night!! Pete & Mike u two are amazing together... I enjoyed myself the wholeee night.. I wasn't crazy about Elixir and SOS but hey I did dance to it!! hehe

babyEjunglist December 12th, 2004 01:57 PM

PS.... Spinback & Storm KICKED HARDKORE ASS!

DynamicHalfDuo December 12th, 2004 02:08 PM

EVERY set rocked.

Gabberen... so close yet so far :P

THis is one box set I will eventually have to own :D

"Like a shooooooting star.... " :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The best two year anniversary anyone could ask for, amazing vibe and awesome people and a "Hulla-ey" feel made for an amazing night. :D

Polina December 12th, 2004 02:31 PM

I had a good time

this ranks 2nd to 4th best hulla, i dont remember :P

It was pretty packed on the floor near the stage at one point, so i desited to try my luck on the stage.. all was good.
Everyone had good sets, i seemed to be all over the place till about 1, so i missed dminus and frisky :S it sucks because children of the night was played.

nice to meet who ever i met, and see everyone who i saw again!

i am denfinetly good for the next little while.. till next hulla offcourse!

Weaver December 12th, 2004 02:40 PM

I'm having a hard time picking my favorite set of the night, it MIGHT have to be wolf + transit, but spinback + storm and frolic + silver1 come so close it's really hard to compare, GREAT work everyone!

Shout outs to:
Hulla Child, I'm glad you had a good night man! Happy first hullabaloo! You were a real nice guy and I look forward to seeing you at the last ones!

Weava, Nice to finally get some time to talk to you, up with the PLUK!

Happy 2B trendy, Happy first hulla to you too! You were as much fun as Weava, I look forward to hanging with both of you more at the last ones!

MC ED, Didn't really expect to get talking with you, but you're a real nice guy and alot of fun!! I was happy to talk to you for a bit, it made my night! :)

DJ Tranzit, The odds are you probably don't remember even talking to me cause you were VERY VERY VERY drunk... like damn!

Polina, I think thats who you said you are! Sorry that we didn't get to talk much but happy hulla!!

And also lots of happy vibes to all I've met before (I'mNotYourStar, DigitalDream, Blaire, chip, Jess, Holly) yay!!!!!!! great party!

enD December 12th, 2004 02:57 PM

Wooohooo!

I had so much fun for the little time I could stay.

Pixelation + no sleep + 7am work = cranky E.N.D

I ended up leaving early so I could catch some Zzzz's, but the party was fucking SLAMMING!

Thanks for having me up on the hulla stage again Chris! Hopefully next time I can spin a set. :)

Oh btw Shooting Star owned that party. I danced so hard.

Happy Hullabaloo everyone!

:D

Polina December 12th, 2004 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
I'm having a hard time picking my favorite set of the night, it MIGHT have to be wolf + transit, but spinback + storm and frolic + silver1 come so close it's really hard to compare, GREAT work everyone!

Shout outs to:
Hulla Child, I'm glad you had a good night man! Happy first hullabaloo! You were a real nice guy and I look forward to seeing you at the last ones!

Weava, Nice to finally get some time to talk to you, up with the PLUK!

Happy 2B trendy, Happy first hulla to you too! You were as much fun as Weava, I look forward to hanging with both of you more at the last ones!

MC ED, Didn't really expect to get talking with you, but you're a real nice guy and alot of fun!! I was happy to talk to you for a bit, it made my night! :)

DJ Tranzit, The odds are you probably don't remember even talking to me cause you were VERY VERY VERY drunk... like damn!

Polina, I think thats who you said you are! Sorry that we didn't get to talk much but happy hulla!!

And also lots of happy vibes to all I've met before (I'mNotYourStar, DigitalDream, Blaire, chip, Jess, Holly) yay!!!!!!! great party!

You were the one with the awesome hat right???

Weaver December 12th, 2004 03:39 PM

^ heheh yeah!! And you had the fuzzy halo!

~*Little_Butterfly*~ December 12th, 2004 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroCreep
friskey & d-minus, hands down, no compitetion, best set of the night for me

i agree, best set of the night!

Mjorning December 12th, 2004 04:21 PM

Wonderful times. The music was top shelf, as always. This was the first time I've been now that the whole no smoking deal is in effect (what can I say? It's been a while), and hot damn! It makes things so much nicer. I'm glad I was able to go, and just let loose again. My thanks go out to all for both hosting, and attending the event, to make it all happen.

That girl I gave a ticket to because she lost hers had better have had a damn good time, or POW! Sugar in the gas tank!

Polina December 12th, 2004 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
^ heheh yeah!! And you had the fuzzy halo!

No actually. i was the one with the orange "i love carbs" shirt
who pulled off you hat, and then stole it for a picture :p

yup, i never actually spoke to you tho..

*wonders who the girl he thought i was, was*

4real December 12th, 2004 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polina

wow so far not one negative review FUCK i wish i was there :mad:

*MoonDancer* December 12th, 2004 06:15 PM

I had such a good night last night.
The 4 turntable deal just blew me away.. like how cool is it to see 2 djs rocking the decks with tunes and scratching and samples and wow wow wow!

I met so many wicked party kids! And so many people with kickass outfits.. every person i saw wearing something remarkable made it themselves.. some of the detail put into the outfits like whoa!

I had to run away just before 4am due to my driver falling asleep.. and well i have exams like crazy this week... therefore.. its back to studying ...
I love hulla.. i woudlnt have missed it for the world...

*big snuggles to all the cute ravers and wicked djs*

Big Thankyou's to Chris Frolic and Robin - it seems impossible for you to throw an event anything less than WONDERFUL!

Thanks to the skoolgirl friendship crew..you guys did a great job! (could i expect anything less? i dont think so!)

HAPPY HULLABALOO!
Kris*

cocainextoupees December 12th, 2004 06:19 PM

staying up all night friday, i say to derek 'haha, you are going to be tired at hulla tonight, and i get to sleep'

then a friend calls me up and is like I'LL PAY FOR YOU JUST COME.

am i everrrr glad i went. hullas were getting disapointing but this one really revived the spirit of hulla for me. the vibe was intense.

ken finch and lady bass were real good.. the only set i didn't enjoy was tranzit and wolf's set, but maybe i was just getting tired..

good meeting so many of you, nice seeing people i hadn't seen in a long time.

1 down, only 3 more :cry:

DJ Tranzit December 12th, 2004 06:25 PM

^^ oh?
what didn't you enjoy about it?

perry461 December 12th, 2004 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tranzit
^^ oh?
what didn't you enjoy about it?

Probably the lack of DJ Foible!

itsgigglegirl December 12th, 2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

oddly enough, i wasn't even at the party, but i think i know who he's talking about

there's another polina running around the rave circuit up there...she usually wears the blue XTC skirt and sometimes wears a fuzzy halo...i think that she and her boyfriend used to wear those white haz-mat-type suits to hullas

i too have made the mistake of thinking she was you Polina, when in fact she is Polina2 :)

Weaver December 12th, 2004 06:36 PM

Quote:

Ohhhhhhhhh THAT was you!!!!!!!!!! Well yeah, I wonder who that person was then...

xI'mNotYourStarx December 12th, 2004 06:57 PM

WOOT! I looooved Hulla...

Last night was amazing, I had the best time, and I was totally..and unbelievably straightedge the entire night..AND DIDN'T FALL ASLEEP! I loved it.

Every new person I met, rocked, and everyone who I've known from past raves, STILL rock! I was happy to see and get hugs from everyoneee.

I can't really complain about the sets.. I have to agree with everyone who said Frisky vs D-minus was the best set of theee night. and I love hulla for all the hhc thats always spun, singing along = fun.

Hope to see eeeeveryone again at the next hulla!

DigitalRaver December 12th, 2004 07:14 PM

Words can't even begin to describe how my night went ... can anyone say AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!! I'm listening to DIFM.com as i always do. which is how i knew most of the songs. but omg does it ever change the feeling i get now. I can't stop wanting to dance. Not like i ever wanted to stop before. you know what i mean. It was my first but it won't be my last hulla, I'm so glad i went. And to top things off. After being single for over two years I met the most amazing girl last night. Could things get any better!

Oh ya, and i still haven't slept yet.. :D HAPPY HULLABALOO EVERYONE! See you at the next 3.

CandyGirl23 December 12th, 2004 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjorning
That girl I gave a ticket to because she lost hers had better have had a damn good time, or POW! Sugar in the gas tank!

I met that girl in the bathroom, she was so blown away by your incredibly kindness!! <3 Its things like that which make me truly love the hulla ravers, you guys are all so great!!

I had a fucking blast!!! Storm and Spinback are amazing, mike's plan worked perfectly ;) Frisky and Donny definitely had the set of the night for me..... opening with euro and going thru so many of my favorite tracks in nearly every genre of music. I loved the 4 turntable setup, it allowed for so much more creativity in the performances. A HUGE thank you to all the dj's and mc's who put forth so much effort and kept us dancing all night (well.... dancing til i fell asleep.... 3 nights without much sleep will catch up to you at the end of a hulla!) and an even bigger thank you to chris for bringing all of us ravers together again.

I hope Ken and Lisa have the opportunity to perform @ another hulla, their set was so good.

I really will miss the random conversations in the bathroom of the opera house when hulla is done. Now i need to study and sleep. :(