The HullaBoard

The HullaBoard (http://www.hulla.info/board/index.php)
-   Hullabaloo 10th Anniversary Weekend Celebration (http://www.hulla.info/board/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Well, it's official...sorry peeps (http://www.hulla.info/board/showthread.php?t=24785)

XxLuVBuGxX August 5th, 2007 01:39 PM

Well, it's official...sorry peeps

My mum is dead on about thinking all raves are bad. she won't even listen to anything i say. i gave the link to the hulla board to my mum and she gave me and evil look. she didn't even read anything! and yet again we got into a little spat about "raves are bad and i'm not letting you go to any as long as you live in this house"
the only i was able to to One More Group hug, is i really didn't tel my family it was a rave except my little sister because me and her keep each others secrets.
and i'm not sorry i did that. i loved hulla so much. and it's hard to explain to my mum about it. she all like "i don't want my daughter to get druged up so high as a kite and having sex" DUDE! i mean i know my stuff and i would never let that happen. they think i know nothing...god i hate it.
oh and you guys are going to love this. my mum said, her exact words.
"I would rather you go to Woodstock, than a rave."

so yeah...Luvbug will not be at the Reunion Hulla.

No Typical Raver August 5th, 2007 02:18 PM

you should slip her a roofie and then have sex with her and be like "see mom it wasn't all THAT bad now was it?"

sporkacide August 5th, 2007 02:26 PM

:rolleyes:

XxLuVBuGxX August 5th, 2007 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Typical Raver
you should slip her a roofie and then have sex with her and be like "see mom it wasn't all THAT bad now was it?"
omg thanks so much NTR..that made me laugh and smile
=]

No Typical Raver August 5th, 2007 02:28 PM

ugh fuck you all its a good idea

XxLuVBuGxX August 5th, 2007 02:30 PM

yeah, but it's my mum...
how about you do it..:lol:

EvoldicA August 5th, 2007 02:34 PM

Sorry to hear that... :(

sporkacide August 5th, 2007 02:35 PM

If you knew your mom was so adamant against raves then a] you shouldn't have told her [especially when it's so far away] or b] proved to her that when the time comes you are responsible enough and mature enough to go. I've been in your position. Four years ago I proved to my mom that I was responsible enough to go to raves when I was 17.

XxLuVBuGxX August 5th, 2007 02:40 PM

i'm 15 going on 16...and i have proven myself so many times. but she so dead on about raves being bad. man, and she would rather i go to wood stock then raves?

No Typical Raver August 5th, 2007 02:43 PM

tell her you dont even know what woodstock is that'll get her

weava August 5th, 2007 02:50 PM

Explain to her that there is security and emergency crews on hand. This isn't the old warehouse party scene, it's more like an all night club.

No Typical Raver August 5th, 2007 02:52 PM

just tell her its a concert with djs

XxLuVBuGxX August 5th, 2007 02:54 PM

@ weava
i did i did!
*sighs*
showing her the thread was my last hope..:(

the architech August 5th, 2007 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Typical Raver
just tell her its a concert with djs

lol, that's what I used to do.

XxLuVBuGxX August 5th, 2007 03:09 PM

ha ha...you peeps are awesome ^_^

EvoldicA August 5th, 2007 03:57 PM

Maybe watch the 2 DVD's that are coming out with them, and discuss any objections they have afterward. My parents were fairly reasonable... They used to go to rock concerts with me :b

XxLuVBuGxX August 5th, 2007 04:12 PM

oh! maybe!...great idea bill!
i just need to buy the dvds...* sighes*

heidibear August 5th, 2007 10:17 PM

you have a whole year to show your mother that you are responsible and can handle yourself. That's a lot of time to work on that :D

anabolic frolic August 5th, 2007 10:38 PM

I agree, don't sweat it just yet and try not to be too pushy in the meantime.

I stopped calling what we were doing a rave for many years (the word didn't exist on our web site at all) because of the bad association, but since we officially ended I've embraced it since I see Hulla as a shining example of what a rave is and want history to note that. Now that we've been doing these reunion parties though it could cause some knee-jerk reactions from some, unfortunately.

XxLuVBuGxX August 5th, 2007 10:48 PM

i understand....^_^
man thanks everyone. i will keep things on the down low for awhile.
and i 'll do what ever it takes to prove to my mum and my dad i'm responsible.

anabolic frolic August 5th, 2007 10:57 PM

Well, just try and realize your parents are trying to protect you the best they know how. Hopefully you can have a good conversation with them in the coming months.

XxLuVBuGxX August 5th, 2007 11:15 PM

yeah i know...
and i hope so too.
thanks Chris ^_^

No Typical Raver August 6th, 2007 04:01 AM

just have chris and robin call them

MindWarp August 6th, 2007 10:48 AM

I never listened to my parents, and I think I turned out alright :P

but its even more fun to mess around with them. have fun while you still can.

XxLuVBuGxX August 6th, 2007 11:56 AM

NTR- ha ha, that would be interesting

Mindwarp- ha ha, heh i gruaduate when i'm 17. then i'm looking on how to get a college visa to go to college in canada. ^_^