The HullaBoard

The HullaBoard (http://www.hulla.info/board/index.php)
-   Hullabaloo News & Discussion (http://www.hulla.info/board/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Hulla - what was it like? (http://www.hulla.info/board/showthread.php?t=25929)

wilky August 19th, 2008 09:44 AM

Hulla - what was it like?

Ok, bein in the uk i never went to a hulla, but i did by a dougal cd off this site!

What where they like? Whats ur best memories of the hulla parties u went to? Ave u been 2 a uk event, how did it compare?

Answers on a post card plz ;)

No Typical Raver August 19th, 2008 12:32 PM

i think most of us have never been to a UK event so it'd be hard to try and compare. if i'm just going from the recordings and pictures i've seen of UK parties, i'd say that they were pretty similar. crowd size would be the obvious difference, and although Hulla was pulling in huge numbers at its peak, the latter years were smaller more intimate events.

i think hulla may have had a better vibe. most hulla kids weren't able to get the hardcore raves in their areas and traveled from across the U.S. and Canada (and sometimes UK!) to get in and get that rush. when you get that many people coming together just to party for one night every couple of months or so, whereas there's a party in the UK every night pretty much, its a really unique crowd.

kylefabulous August 19th, 2008 01:13 PM

I agree...

i've never been to any party before hulla or after that had such an amazing vibe...

it was an ecclectic convention of amazing people! who were brought together to enjoy the music they love!

so many people, putting so much personal energy into each party!
*making kandi for months... just to be sure you have enough to give away
*making a unique outfit to follow the theme of each event
*buying cute candy and stuffed animals to give away
*driving for a day just to go to an 8 hour party!
*meeting the best friends I've ever made!

truly a life changing experience...

in comparison to UK events, i'd say hulla is much more unique... it was a very special gathering of some very special people!

the fashion, the art, the music, the energy, the vibe, THE WHISTLES, the smiles, the dj's... Hullabaloo Stamps!!!

I don't think the world will ever see something as amazing as hullabaloo EVER again!

it took the stars in allignment to implement such an amazing event!

Sim August 19th, 2008 06:37 PM

ive only been to 4 hullas but one of the main reasons i went was cause the majority of the partiers put their hearts into it.

they'd bring bubbles, signs, shit that makes noise etc etc and go ape for almost the whole party. a lot of those candy kids prepare months in advance for the party.

everyone is just rockin with smiles on their faces for almost the entire time.

i never got into the bright and shiny colours thing. i was just rockin with a smile on my face for almost the entire time :)

Weaver August 19th, 2008 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
shit that makes noise
too true.

Sim August 19th, 2008 07:45 PM

oh and you had to watch out for dj's throwing mix cd's off the stage.

weaver will probably agree :D

Weaver August 20th, 2008 12:13 PM

^hahaha yeah.
No worries, I always catch things with my face :P

wilky August 20th, 2008 05:20 PM

In the uk we have loads every weekend, kinda lucky like that, but i guess we ave a bigger scene!

happy1 August 20th, 2008 06:17 PM

dude, it was my first hulla, and its was frikkin magical! the first person i met was a complete sourpuss, some blond haired girl, but my two friends I may have met before that were cool! the premeet was the most magical, people were even coming up to us and wanting family pics with such brightly dressed people with smiles! i also hope to one day hit up a UK happycore rave.

weava August 20th, 2008 07:40 PM

hulla was ok

Andjo August 20th, 2008 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
^hahaha yeah.
No worries, I always catch things with my face :P

yeah, ive caught a few tapes and cds like that too

wilky August 21st, 2008 03:39 PM

we have a bandwagon scene in the uk tho

Mr Skittles August 21st, 2008 06:53 PM

I think I've been to a hulla before, I'm guessing it was kinda loud in there if I can remember correctly

weava August 21st, 2008 07:13 PM

Shut up you never went.

ghost_girl April 23rd, 2009 08:04 PM

Fart*

No Typical Raver August 19th, 2009 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_girl
Fart*

yeah pretty much this

fallenangelslove September 2nd, 2009 12:06 PM

:)....

DreameChilde September 3rd, 2009 04:09 AM

hulla was life. or something.

EagleScorpion September 25th, 2009 05:29 PM

* thinks about moving to the UK *

I was one of those people who drove across the country to attend. Would I do it again? You damn skibbity! Would have gone to more. Took it for granted.

kasihime November 18th, 2009 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScorpion
* thinks about moving to the UK *

I was one of those people who drove across the country to attend. Would I do it again? You damn skibbity! Would have gone to more. Took it for granted.

<-- wants to get on board with that....or maybe toronto

neverlandgurl December 13th, 2009 03:18 PM

In my experience, the UK events did not have the intimate, family vibe that the raves did at the peak of my personal raving years. I love the UK parties for their music though...I do so wish we had some of that variety over here :)