View Single Post
Old November 25th, 1999, 01:04 PM   #1
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

Cool

i know there have been a ton of "what's your favourite party" threads on this board, so i thought i'd try something a little different. what are your favourite party MEMORIES or MOMENTS from the past year? what special occurrences have you witnessed? what special incidents can you think of that you know you'll remember fondly for the rest of your life?

here are some of mine ... all from the past year:

1. anabolic frolic's new year's eve countdown at DIY NYE

2. "the keys have been found!" during subsonic chronic's set at DIY NYE

3. sitting around the rampsterdam with the rest of the clean-up crew the morning after DIY NYE - knowing that we had all just participated in one of the most incredible nights of our lives

4. sketchmaster j's EBF 1 house party in kitcher/waterloo - still the best damn house party that i've ever attended

5. golden griddle breakfast with the original double g crew after EBF 1

6. silver one dancing on the speaker at hullabaloo 9 "big top"

7. silver one falling off the speaker and breaking the lighting board at hullabaloo 9 "big top"

8. my surprise birthday party - thanks to the lovely jennstar (where you been hun?)

9. subsonic chronic vs. stone cold steve austin at "purple haze productions" - and the scuffle on the hullaboard over who should pay for stone cold's broken cell phone

10. announcing the "mystery dj spock" as we raised the banner and let the confetti cannons fly at DIY "springroll"

11. spontaneous group hug on the dancefloor at DIY "springroll"

12. saying goodbye to our friend anastasia onstage during subsonic chronic's set at DIY "springroll" - when she started to cry, we all cried with her

13. hugging rabbit at DIY "springroll" after realizing that a rumour i had heard about her getting hurt was false - massive relief after a very big scare

14. the craziest hardcore crowd still going strong when the sun started coming in the windows of the international centre at kamikaze "awacknation" - no vibe, my ass!

15. the dancing cop with the glowsticks on the balcony at dose "connected"

16. hugging e-chick after our car accident on the way to destiny "chocolate"

17. walking into the warehouse and seeing the most incredible decorations - live trees and all - at hullabaloo 10 "foreverland"

18. dj x's first hullabaloo set at hullabaloo 10 "foreverland" - way to go willar!

19. sweet 16 birthday dinner with carmeee at the top of the cn tower - watching her exclaim "oh my god!" after seeing the menu - eheheh

20. silver one's first dj set ever at "uproar" - way to go tommy k!

21. the star wars overnight line up - sooooo many memories from that nite - breakfast television and all baby!

22. anabolic frolic's "i've just got one thing to say ... happy hullabaloo!!!" speech at hullabaloo 11 "funtopia 2"

23. knowledge and wisdom performing the most insane jungle set of the year (in my opinion) at next junction "need to know"

24. subsonic chronic saying "happy birthday erin" while playing to a tent full of friends at wemf 99

25. m-zone's set in the hullabaloo tent at wemf 99 with mark eg and e-by-gum going mental on-stage

26. mark eg biting into records and smashing turntables during his set on the main stage at wemf 99

27. anabolic frolic coming out to dance with the rest of us during m-zone's set at wemf 99

28. robin's "chris, i have an important question to ask you ... *down on one knee while the audience goes beserk* ... can we get a puppy?" onstage at the hullabaloo tent at wemf 99

29. dj frisky having a wee bit too much to drink at email productions "fresh off the tree"

30. dancing in the rain at mad science "paradigm shift" in hamilton

31. alex d's 3 hour disco set outside at citrus 99 (one of my ALL-time favourite sets)

32. sos's goodbye speech at kamikaze "ju'rave'ic park"

33. anabolic frolic's mom dancing onstage with the glowsticks at hullabaloo 12 "a view to a thrill"

34. rabbit on the moon's set at freakin 99 - one of the greatest performances that i have ever witnessed

35. jenna singing onstage at ATM "reunion" while they *tried* to release the balloons!

well, that's about it for now. my brain is starting to hurt. but i'm sure i missed a LOT of great memorable moments so i'll add more to this thread when i think of them.

it's important to step back every now and then and think about why we love the party scene so much. that's what prompted me to make this list.

peace love unity respect,

Klubmasta Will

[This message has been edited by Klubmasta Will (edited 11-25-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Klubmasta Will (edited 11-25-1999).]