View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2002, 11:56 PM   #5
airbag
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to airbag
First of all I wish to send a large thank you to the Destiny crew. Great organizational skills and a genuine effort to produce the best party they possibly could should be attributed to them. It was my first wemf and i truly enjoyed every single minute of it.

The highlight of the weekend for me was dj Teebee who played on sat 3-5am at the Syrous stage. It was a phenomenal set that kept me completely enchanted for two hours straight. I did not want to dance or talk to anyone, I just stood there stairing at him in amazement and listening to the most incredible drum and bass set i have heard in my life. I might have enjoyed it so much because there wasnt a single anthem in his selection, no popular poppy drum and bass that you get so used to hear at parties - This unique set consisted of dark and maybe a bit trancy tracks that seemlessly flowed one into another. Deep rolling basses contrasted with high pitch sounds left me utterly speechless and immobile. Judging from the expressions on the faces of fellow dj code, e-riot and dj doublecross, i wasnt the only one who was experiencing those moments.

Another memorable set was spun by Commander Tom on Destiny stage and also maybe John the Dentist right before him. Their sets were comlimented by amazing light and laser show from four 10 meters tall towers surrounding the area.

Aside from that , i had plently of fun spending time with some of my friends and especially with my g/f jazz without whom i definitley wouldnt have enjoyed wemf even nearly as much as i did.

THANK YOU WEMF.
THANK YOU TEEBEE.
THANK YOU JAZZ.

p.s.
I'll post some pictures asap..