View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:20 AM   #1
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ~CrEaMy~ Send a message via MSN to ~CrEaMy~
Major Props For Sail Away... and Shout Outs...

I know that I could have made a post under any number of other threads to share my experience of Hulla. But something tells me it is more important to make a new thread. Hopefully in return, more people will be interested in reading it, and not just scanning through it.

I want to start out by saying that this party was off the hook. I truly have not been to as amazing of a party for close to the last 3-4 years. Your culture is awesome... everything there made me feel like I was walking into a Utah Rave 3+ years ago. It was the best feeling and vybe.

The Utah scene became jaded. People that were amazing Kandi Kids stripped their Kandi, and either threw them away or broke them. Their may be some kids that have hidden it in their closets as memories of the past. But for the most part, their are no true Kandi Kids in the Utah scene anymore. Part of this reason is because the new kids are coming in and wanting to be Kandi Kids. But they have no one to teach them. Kids now a days are considered as Plastic Kids by some... which is definitely a pretty huge diss. Kandi became so incredibly related to drugs, that people wanted to stop wearing their Kandi because of the name they were getting. For one reason or another Kandi Kids make up the largest part of a vybe at a Rave, whether sober or not.

I myself shed my Kandi and placed it in my closet. Sometimes I will bring it out and wear it to a party. But nothing is the same. However, I wore my Kandi with pride at Hulla. I did not wear near all of the Kandi I own. But I wanted to represent anyway. The one thing I wish I had the money and time for was to have made some Kandi to give away at this party. I felt like I missed out on an important part of Hulla. However, I am definitely going to make Kandi the next time I come out there.

One thing that I found somewhat intimidating and hard was coming out of my shell, and talking to people. Only myself and Onyx were there, and most of the time I was by myself. It was awesomehaving people introduce themselves, and showing that they cared. I have lacked being like that for quite some time now. But with your examples... I am going to become something more again.

Once again... the vybe was incredible; and I was sober the whole night. I couldn't have asked for more. You each gave me a reason to smile, and I felt like I was reborn. It has been a very long time since I have had someone come up and ask me if I was okay. It's been a long time since I have seen some one go out of their way to make me smile. It has been a long time since random people wanted to come up and start a conversation out of no where. The scene reawakened me, and I found that I was missing a part of myself. I truly want to become the person I was when I first started in the scene. With your examples I want to show the Utah scene what has been missing, and hopefully start to create a new feeling and vybe. I don't know that it could ever compare to what I felt in Toronto. But if you believe in something enough, anything is possible.

I want you all to know that I love you all, and the way that you represent a scene. I truly hope that it never dies. Please don't give up on the scene, don't get jaded, and don't bring people down with you. Keep the scene alive, and keep on dancing and keeping it real until I have a chance to come back down to dance the night away with all of you once again.

I want to give some special shout outs. I want to apologize about the fact that this is going to be pretty short, and more then likely I will miss saying your name. One of two reasons I might now shout out to you, would be:
1- It was to loud to hear what your names were at the party.
2- I find myself having a hard time to remember names for the most part anymore.

I want to give shouts out to all of the DJ's and MC's though first. You kept the party going, and jumping. I give you all major props for making the scene what it is. You are the reasons Raves are around. Your music definitely made me keep up and dancing virtually all night. It's been quite a long time since I have danced so hard. I have to admit that I have never felt much like I was into Happy Hardcore. But after this night, how can I turn away the amazing music you guys were busting out. You have made a believer out of me.

Anabolic Frolic- You were the main reason I brought Onyx out there. I want to thank you for helping me give her the most amazing night of her life. Thank you as well for taking a picture with her, and signing to CD's for her as well. And thank you for throwing such an amazing party. Also... for e-mailing me and showing how real and awesome you seem to be. I wish that I would have had the chance to meet you in person. But I guess I will have to wait until next time. I would however, like to let you know that one day I definitely want to bring you to Salt Lake. I'll keep in touch when it comes to these matters. Guaranteed!

Neverlandgurl - I want to say that it was truly awesome finally getting the chance to talk to you. I'm glad that you showed up, and that I was finally able to meet you in person. Thank you for giving me some Kandi to give out. It was awesome for you to do something like that. However, I kind of feel dirty because of it. Next time I will definitely bring out my own to give away. Thank you for talking to me about Hulla before it happened, and keeping me excited to come out there. I truly want to keep in touch with you, and attempt to make you a really good friend. Your truly worth it.

Candyraver and Jess - You two were the first people I introduced myself to at the party. You were in a way, the gateway to my night. I was timid about meeting people. But after I made the first step to meeting you both, things just fell into place after that. I want to let you both know that you seem like really cute little Kandi girls. Which definitely made me smile whenever I saw you kids around during the night. Hopefully I will have more chances down the road to get to know both of you better. By the time I come out for my next Hulla, I want to be comfortable with the two of you.

Skittles- I didn't get much of a chance to talk to you during the night. But from what I felt and saw you seem to be a pretty amazing person. One of which is in it's way the head of the scene. I look up to you for the vybe you gave out. Thank you for talking to me and giving me some insight to the Toronto scene. People like you were what I was going for. I only have one question for you however: What happened to the Cherry Beach party? Hope to talk to you in the near future.

Ashley - I do not actually know if you took my advice or not to get onto this board. But hopefully you do. I just want to let you know that it as awesome the way you treated me, and just came up and started a conversation. It was one of the things that made me smile the most throughout the night. I especially thank you for taking the time to introduce me to your friends. Hopefully we can stay in touch.

RallyRaver and girlfriend - You were two of the people I talked to the most at Hulla. And I definitely had a lot of fun being able to chat. I want to apologize for the little bit of drama that occurred, but I am glad that I was able to make it up to the both of you. Hopefully in the long run you both had an amazing night. I don't know that I will have enough money to come to Detroit next month, but we'll see. I definitely want to keep in touch with you kids however. Oh, and I hope that I got the right name?

(more continued in next post)