Thread: seriously
View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #10
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
I would prefer they had a testing kit available, if it hasn't been discussed Frolic should talk that over with the Opera House and see if he can offer pill testing services, either have dancesafe/trip or some similar group do it or buy one and have someone at the downstairs bar do the testing. Or even get security to allow people to bring their own testing kits in.

But failing that, at least he has drug safety fliers at the venue. That alone probably helps a great deal. And I'm sure if he gets word of anyone selling fake stuff, that person is probably never going to a Hullabaloo again.

Whenever I'm looking for stuff, I either go to a dealer I've gone to in the past, or failing that, I look for people already having a good time on whatever pill they got and ask for a pointer to their dealer- either of those strategies is very simple and while not as good as testing, very effective at reducing the risk of dangerous adulterants.

Drugs in general, I don't have a problem with it- as long as they are practicing all reasonable harm reduction practices, aren't pushing people to use that don't want to use, and aren't so blasted they can't behave in public, thats their choice. I do agree people under 16 probably shouldn't be using anything, probably not under 18 should be, but as long as they are being safe and taking responsibility for the consequences of their actions regardless of sobriety(after all, you do something bad fucked up, you chose to take that pill that caused your misdeed- still your responsibility), go for it.