View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2004, 10:52 PM   #20
CaNaDiAn-X-3001
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to CaNaDiAn-X-3001
Cool Weird Hulla

Its now 9:55 PM , some 15 hours after hulla... i have had no sleep and miss the night past
This was one of the most unique hullas I've been too...
Where to start....
The people were great... however they were far and few between... I understand WEMF is coming up and many are saving for that. I liked the space however, I would trade that for more ppl to talk to altho less ppl meant i got to talk to the same ppl for longer thus remembering them better which was good... its a weird balance... shout outs to follow later on

One thing i did find is that the opera house seemed extraordinarily bright... well brighter than usual... anyone else find this? im sure it wouldnt bother most unless like me they were giving lightshows for most of the nite and thus some of the effect was lost.

I got there late so i missed the first couple sets regrettably ... but i came in late elixir... unfortunately I came just in time to catch Hixxy's set... after i made it through that though the rest of the sets seemed to be as good as if not better as ive ever heard @ hulla... good jobs guys/gals especially anabolic frolic

Another interesting thing I noticed is that at a party that is supposed to celebrate the past 7 yrs everyone i met seemed to be newbies or semi-newbies(this was their 2nd hulla) ... but it was good to see the future of hulla coming up...

Also The majority of people i met were American which was not what i was expecting... I usually only meet 2 or 3 ppl from the states... I met ppl from Kansas, Minneapolis (not sure if thats spelled right, sorry), milwaukee, and a bunch from new york (various places, long island to syracuse), and i think im missing a state/city that had a group of ppl. I hope all of our southern neighbours enjoyed spending their independance day in Canada. I sure enjoyed havin ya here.

So ya all of this made for an interesting hulla experience like none other i have experienced before. Definitely tonnes of fun though... everyone was keeping the hulla atmosphere how its supposed to be.. everyone was nice and friendly and awesome and interesting... etc etc

People I can remember that made my hulla great...
Mike G,
Muffins ( & a bunch of his NY crew who helped us in our time of need) ;-) ,
The ppl from Kansas, Minneapolis, Milwaukee (Sorry remembering names is not on my list of specialties),
The guy in the zebra fun fur pants (that matched his g/f) his story was almost as unbelievable as his greed,(bastard j/k :-P) ,
The girl that gave me pop rocks,
The girl with the cherry on her shirt ( sorry i didnt make it to kaw beach), Melody and Jay who walked with us most of the way to Union Station,
Dennis and the two girls( I never got their names) @ Union that kept me company for an hour and a bit till our busses got there,
Liz so comfortably laying on the concrete after hulla using the comfortable fire hydrient as a pillow

...and last but definitely not least was the Guy with the Canadian Flag and the Maple leaf tattoo on his chest ( Mike i believe his name was, if not im really sorry, as i sed names are not my specialty) who took the time to teach me about 10 yrs of rave history in T.O.... not too mention sang Oh, Canada! with me ... that was the most memorable part of my nite... thanx man

Not too mention everyone I talked too through out the nite, gave me candy bracelets, massages, lights shows or just put up with my lightshows.

Cant wait to see you guys in September!
Thanks To All for a Great Nite...
PeAcE
The Man With The Silver Light Refracting Glasses,
DM