View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #4
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
Response

First Hulla? Digital Outlaws, December of 2002.

What does Hulla mean to you? To me, Hulla epitomizes the ideal of the rave scene: friendly people, uplifting and high energy music, amazing vibe, freedom of expression, and the unique opportunity to truly feel alive. That is what raving is - and should be - about, and Hulla captures that feeling perfectly.

What do you think Hulla means to the scene? Hulla gives a standard to hold parties up to - both in terms of enjoyment and in terms of professional success, as it is rare indeed for a promotion company to run 8 years solid. It gives newcomers something to strive for in emulation, even as they similarly seek out fresh and new ideas of their own - as Hulla itself was once a bold, untried new idea.

Your ultimate Hulla set/memory: At my first Hulla, knowing nothing of the rave scene and very little of Happy hardcore, recognizing no DJs and being for the first time on my own in a foreign country, Frolic dropped "See Me Climb" during his set, the first song I recognized that night. It was at that moment, surrounded by hundreds of ravers smiling and singing along, that I knew I wanted to do for a long time to come. I haven't missed a hulla (or hardly any hardcore parties) since.

Share a funny Hulla party anecdote: No. :P There's just too many to mention and besides, I'm pretty sure I don't remember most of the BEST ones Stupid bar....

Your own space to add anything you want (shout outs, thoughts etc..):[/b] They say all good things must come to an end, but they also say that every end is a new beginning... the end of Hullabaloo as a party doesn't mean the end of hullabaloo as an ideal and I expect every true hardcore raver work together to maintain and build on the traditions that Hullabaloo has so excellently begun. And MOST importantly, I expect everyone to continue to have a great time and to remain the most compassionate, outgoing, and understanding group of people I've ever had the privelege of knowing.