View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:44 AM   #14
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
My First Hulla
Funtopia 7, God why did i wait so long???

What Does Hulla Mean to Me
To me, hulla is an escape. The ultimate anti-reality. A eutopian oasis where people of all sorts and sizes come together, to get their drink of life... it is a gathering place, of like minded individuals. Where u can unite, unreserved, and dance fiercely with your brothers and sisters. Hullabaloo is what has kept me burning in the rave scene... anxiously awaiting ANY form of news regarding the next hullabaloo. IT IS THE ULTIMATE RAVE PARTY...

What Does Hulla Mean to the Scene
I think it was said best in a prior post. Hulla has an amazing magnetic force which gives 'it' the ability to draw in the newest most curious ravers as well as the most bitchy board-bound jaded party kids out there. It is an outlet for people who love their music. In history there has never been a promotion that i have encontered that is as well known as hulla... and for the right reasons...

My Ultimate Hulla Set/ Memory
It is so hard to decide what part of the entire experience is the best. I am going to have to say that out of all the amazing sets i have heard at hulla, Scott Brown was the most memorable for me. I was not the MOST fond of his track selection, however what really made the night for me was the AMAZING amount of energy pulsing in the opera house that night. His set was an hour long, and it seemed a minute... i danced harder than i ever have. the whistles, the lights, the sound, and the smiles... that cannot be reproduced in a pill... no pill is that good. that is why hulla does what it does... and is so amazing to so many people..
to quote a hulla MC " we don't need no krystal, we don't need no E, hardcore is the drug for me " and honestly.. during scotty's set, i truly came to understand what this meant...

Hulla Anecdote
My 1st hulla, trying to make my way from hotel to opera house...
i ended up on queen st west, and had to take a cab all the way back to queen st east. Me and my bf started walking to the building that looked most like where we should be. There was no line, it was about 11 in the evening, and there were just a few security people at the door... I wasn't sure that we were even in the right place... i asked the guy at the door...
"what is this place" and he responded " this is a rave silly, it's called hullabaloo, and u look like yur dressed for the occasion" i will never forget how excited i was when i heard someone ELSE speak the word hullabaloo... noone in my real life has any idea what hulla is... i lead a total secret hulla life...

My Space
I don't have much to say here... the general thank you's... the frolics ( Robin good luck with school... i know how hard it is), the dj's, the mc's, the crowd, the friendship crew, Amelia the hot bartender at the opera house, and to all my wonderful raver friends, i love you all
It is not fair for me to list specific names.. i know that i would forget someone... and everyone that matters knows already who u are...
Hulla is an experience i will have etched in my mind forever... when parties stop, and ravers get old, and the music we love changes into something new and popular... when 'the man' finally takes us down, and the switch to our party gets flipped... I will always have Hulla... noone can take that away...

finally... thank you to my wonderful boyfriend HardcoreBoi(Will) who whole heartedly accepted the raver in me, and came to share and love something with me as special as hulla...