Thread: Reviews
View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #57
dj frisky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dj frisky Send a message via AIM to dj frisky
I don't think there is a single thing that could have been changed about that night to make it any better than it was. The hulla vibe was incredible from Hujib's first track and did not relent until Frolic's encore performance was over. Every dj managed to poignantly sum up all things hullabaloo in their sets, and the crowd responded accordingly. The montage at 3am was awesome and had us all captivated. I feel very
lucky and honored to have been a part of hulla over the years and while it is sad for it to now be over, I am glad it went out with the bang that it did. I can't add much to what has already been said about the party, but a final few thoughts to a few people that made the night happen:

Frolics - Doubtful that we'll ever see the kind of commitment you two put into the scene. I'm sure that the decision wasn't necessarily easy to make to end it all, but you can definitely look back with satisfaction that you made a difference in some way to thousands of people. The emotions that were expressed that night are a true testament to what you guys achieved. Thanks for the support you guys have shown. Congratulations on 8 years of Hulla and all the best in your future endeavours.

D-Minus - No more B2B hardcore sets, but I know that this is not the end.

Silver1 - see retirement post - it's been great sharing the decks with you over the years.

Hujib - big tings a gwaan

Spinz - Hope to run into you again soon - loved your set, despite all the anthems you dropped

Elixir and Subsonic Chronic - I've heard you guys play across the spectrum of trance and you two did a fine job of encapsulating what trance at a hulla meant to me.

All the MCs - I am sure I'll work with some of you again soon but top job indeed!

Friendship crew - often an overlooked part of the hulla experience in my view, but a very important one. It was obvious that this final party meant a lot to most of you. Thanks for all the hard work you lot put into things!

Hulla ravers - you guys are the best in the city if not in the world. I think more than anything that the energy and excitement that you brought to hulla parties is what I will miss most. Thanks for making the night as incredible as it was!
www.hyperstomp.com