View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2005, 03:55 AM   #2
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
The year was 1997... and coming from Sudbury, I didn't even know what a rave was.

During my first year in TO, I was living in college residence on the all-male, "Macho Roadhouse 2" floor. I wasn't comfortable with the macho thing, so I decorated my outer door with posters of drag queens and the Mona Lisa smoking a bong.

After a few months, I was told to take the blinking christmas lights off my door because of the fire hazard.

In my quest to become more Torontonian, my first goal was to eliminate jeans from my wardrobe, and to replace them with things from Le Chateau.

My favorite outfit featured silver PVC pants with a shimmering, body-fitting, fuzzy, electric-blue velour shirt. My Airwalks were made out of black PVC with holographic sparkles that gleamed rainbows in the sun.

Every Friday, I'd take the complimentary limousine shuttle that left Church and Wellesley for the Guvernment, the newest million-dollar club to open up. Us queers actually had the main room, not just the dinky little Orange room. Cover was only $10.

I would dance to the track "Storm" very seriously. My other favorite club songs at the time were "Sugar Is Sweeter", and "Spin Spin Sugar". My CD collection included every Much Music Dance Mix ever released, at least 12 musical soundtracks, and things like Right Said Fred.

I went to my first after hours, "Joy" in December, and my first circuit party, "Titanic The Party", on New Years Eve.

I didn't go to my first rave until Destiny threw a party at Radius Nightclub sometime in January of 98'. An acquaintance I met there invited me to Hulla's "Into The Blue". The rest is history.

My GPA was the worst ever that school year. WORST.
Snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote