View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:04 AM   #21
kikster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kikster Send a message via MSN to kikster
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandeegirl2
its starting to set in for me a lot more now too. i came up to the last goodfellaz and was like this doesn't feel right. i mean i had a good time but i was soo used to my excitement for hulla and then i went to a different party in toronto. i was not disappointed in gf, but i was missing hulla the whole time. like the first 20 mins i was there i was wondering okay so what am i missing? then i finally found the people i knew in the 19 plus area. i was definitely feelin devoid of a welcoming vibe...i miss hulla and im sad its done but i guess alls well that ends well right?

i've been feeling the same thing lately.

i FINALLY managed to listen to the first several CDs from AGT, last weekend. before that i just couldn't do it. i got to frisky's set and started crying (a bad thing since i was driving). but it was such an amazing set that i had to go nuts, and that made me miss hulla even more.

yeah, there are other parties, but there was something different about hulla. i miss the anticipation, the weeks of planning and preparation, the routine of it all, because so many things were always the same. and some people might say that would be boring, but it wasn't. it made it better. it was very comforting in some ways, to go through the cycle of hullabaloo. the crazy crazy weekend, then the posting of pictures and memories and connecting with people you met, then waiting impatiently for the box sets and lineup for the next one to be released, then buying the box set and tickets to the next one, then the excited countdown, and track requests, and planning outfits, and getting the box set in the mail, and then it was time to do it all over again!!

i miss the long drive up from minneapolis, finally getting to our hotel, all the last-minute preparations on saturday, running around town all dressed up in the afternoon, pre-drinking at the real jerk, finally hopping in line, waiting through the tedious security searches, getting a whistle from the friendship crew, and then FINALLY being there! inside the opera house! at hulla! running to the front of the stage and dancing and jumping up and down with excitement and yelling "HAPPY HULLABALOO!!" and hugging all my friends, cause EVERYONE was there, always. and it was always the same in some ways, but every hulla was also special in its own way.

other parties are lots of fun, and i support the scene 100%, but it's just not the same somehow. there's still a great happy vibe at other parties (nocturnal commissions comes to mind), but it's not the same.

meh.. i've rambled long enough. those of you who were there probably already know what i mean, and those of you who weren't there can never know.

i miss hulla.