View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2007, 11:01 PM   #21
deggs
Hullaboarder

in singapore, their drug laws are super crazy. a girl i was dating back in the day, who had lived in singapore, knew people she went to high school with who were executed. one guy actually sat two seats over from her in her english class. one of the other people involved in the incident is still in prison (over a decade now). they had all just turned 18 at the time. another person involved in the incident who also went to my ex's high school, fell off a 20th floor balcony trying to escape the police the night of the arrests and passed away.

when i was in singapore, there were tons of legal parties (this was back in 2001). on new years eve, we had a choice of carl cox at zouk/venom, sasha and digweed on santosa island beach and some other bigname at the tiny chocolate bar in boat quay. their rave scene was extremely separate from the dumbass drug culture that dogged the scene here in the late 90s. still, if you want to take crazy drugs, that should be your own personal decision. it's a pity that that has to be dealt with so harshly in these countries.

(my own humble opinion) if drugs were legal, it would remove a lot of the criminal element (but it might also potentially overload the health care system with dumbass partiers who don't know their limits and maybe even create some unexpected addicts)...
deggs is offline   Reply With Quote