View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #11
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Typical Raver
dubai is fucking amazing. he deserves a 4 year prison sentence. don't fuck around with illegal shit and you'll never do time.

I agree, to be honest.

And about the claims of Dubai not wanting tourism, Tourism is one of their largest (perhaps the largest) form of revenue. I would like to visit there some day, as they have some of the most stunning architecture in the world.

And I don't think it's really a case of Dubai being intolerant of culture, but more of tourist being intolerant of theirs. Yes, the shoe thing is insane. But carrying a noticeable amount of weed into a "city" where you should KNOW they are hard as shit on drugs, not to mention a place where the police force is under direct rule of Maktoum himself, you would be fucking careful. This isn't the relaxed western world, where you can just play stuff off cool. They don't give a fuck over there, it doesn't matter who you are or what you've done. Thats what I mean ignorant of their culture. Just cause your hot shit in the UK doesn't mean the Dubai police care.