View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM   #1
EagleScorpion
Hullaboarder
Asteroids Champion! High Score: 58340  Pinball Champion! High Score: 2755  Starship Legend Champion! High Score: 1442  Alien Terminator Champion! High Score: 48924 

Send a message via AIM to EagleScorpion
Show Your Support For Happy Hardcore Music!

Dearest Happy Hardcore fans,

It has unfortunately come to my attention that HHC has been getting slandered and disrespected on a popular rave forum, www.ravelinks.com . Where recently they have decided to add happy hardcore as a legitimate genre of music deserving it's own forum.

In this forum, HARDCOREJUNKIE started a new thread entitled "Fuck Happy Hardcore" and writes:

WTF IS THIS SHIT THERE IS A HAPPY HARDCORE FORUM U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FAGS DONT U DARE WONDER UR PACIFIER SUCKING ASSES INTO MY ROOM

This thread has resulted in a heated discussion between people agaINST HHC and people who love HHC. One of the members of the forum, named "Happy2bHardcore", wrote this in response,

"As a veteran of Hullabaloo parties in Toronto, Canada (which I drove 9 hours to get to), I am a little disgusted with some of the comments made on this thread, and I feel like I need to say something in defense of a music genre that is so misunderstood and so under-appreciated.

Obviously, HARDCOREJUNKIE and the rest of you no-love chumps have never been to a HULLA! You have never witnessed the true power of happy hardcore music. It creates some of the best vibes and draws the finest of people whether they are gay or straight, and it is an atmosphere of love and respect for one another... something you seem to have no concept of. Some of the people I have met at Hullas and other Happy Hardcore - oriented events are some of the most genuine , generous, kind hearted individuals on this planet, and the world needs more of them, not more shady, hate-mongering trash like you.

If you cant handle it, then go back to your sheltered, ignorant world of negative vibes and shady shadeball sheisters. Your comments and your input have no place here.

Sure, happy hardcore gets a little cheesy sometimes, and sometimes, I admit, I'm not in the mood for it.. but other times, no other music will do for me, it is art at it's finest, and arguably one of hardest to spin live (not to mention MCing over). If you are a happy hardcore DJ or MC, it means you have MAD skillz and an innovative mind, and it is a badge of distinction recognized and respected only by a very proud few (including myself) and worn by an even fewer amount of people who are willing and able to play it well. It's one of those things that few people unfortunately ever get to witness in their lifetime and one of those things you are sublimely grateful to have witnessed if you have. You probably dont know what its like to have things given to you for free, or what its like to cry in happiness with others. I feel sorry for you.

Sure the world is a shitty, f-d up place, but each of us has our own ways of dealing with it. Go ahead and dance with the demons if that's what makes you feel better about it somehow. (and i dont blame you, Gabber and Darkcore is f-ing tight!) Just know that there are those who choose to rise above the hate, confusion, and ignorance and transcend it, effectively eliminating it from our lives and from our scene. (The scene that WE built)"

So far, the opponents of happy hardcore music have not responded to this reply.

I think it would be a good a meaningful gesture to join that forum and post a reply in support of happy hardcore music, to show these people that they cant just disrespect people in the manner they have displayed, and that happy hardcore is a beautiful art form that should be apprecited more and not DISSED.

thank you for your time.