View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #22
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
nice one. since I missed this post before, here's my two cents.

I agree he was stupid for leaving the shit in his pocket, but doesn't deserve 4 years, hell he didn't deserve 10 months. Yes, dubai is crazy. He probably should've known better, but why would you take the insane country's police's side over this and not be outraged at them being fucking crazy in the first place? I read an article about a guy who went to prison there because he had poppy seeds on his pants from a muffin he ate!

The firm I work at designs some of those crazy buildings going up over there and the only way I'd ever ever consider going to dubai is on the company ticket (and insurance). There's just too many crazy police, shit costs way too much (those of you who want to see that hotel, it's about $200 just to walk in. Don't even think about getting food), nothing is finished, not even the roads connected the buildings. Only way I could afford to do anything there is to eat and live in the slums with all the impoverished immigrant workers being forced to build these monstrosities. That Burj Dubai you guys like? There have been several riots, people killed, and buildings destroyed by workers because of the horrible living conditions and pennies they're paid.

I am surprised to see you guys side with these crazy fuckers.
the architech is offline   Reply With Quote