View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2001, 04:53 PM   #1
uki
Hullaboarder

PARADISE 2(official release)

Hi everyone.
I'd like to present myself.
My name is Ulric.I am the booking agent and the one responsible for Public Relations for Paradise 2.

I'd like to make some few corrections and and a short statement.The offical press release will be out ass soon as we get all the facts.

First off.I am in no position to point a fingure at anyone or anything right now,but one thing is clear beoned any reasonable dought,this was a sabotage and this will not be taken litely.

We have already consulting with many lawyers and other investigators and the apropriate steps are in motion to find the actual reason,person or persons responsbile for the horendous incident.These steps are underway to bring justice(in a court of law) not only to them but also for the ravers and promotors,investors,staff and public image of the production company.

I would also like to add some very important facts.

1 I never respond to attacks,but this one is too important.

NEOPHYTE,BINARY FINARY,DELAT 9 and CHIRS FISHER WERE ALL PAYED,FED,REIMBURSED FOR ALL THERE EXPENSES LIKE WORK VISAS AND OTHER COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PARTY.THEY WERE ALL BROUGHT TO THE AIRPORT FOR THEIR SCHEDULED FLIGHTS.

And I know this because I was the one to take care of all this personaly to let the promotors rest.I finished all this a little over five hours ago.

2 Although none of the artist played there sets,they all left with a smile and promise to return for a future event if ever we decide to throw another.

3 Neophyte was booked on many occasions in Canada(including one recently in Ottawa,where they were cacelled last minute,unpayed and very upset).This was the first time that everything was dealt with profesionally as such to insure that they would have no troubles.With long experince in this feild,I have to say that i don't understand why others have failed,in many forms,to bring neophyte succesfully into canada.

4 The event could not have been relocated as this location was the back up venue,and that the sound system,lights and live PA systems for both live acts take over 8 hours to prepare for sound check.Unlike other cities,afterhours do not rent their venues to indipendant promotors or events.

5 Like said before,every measure was in place for a succesfull evening,inclding all venue capacity lisences.Liability,fire and gear insurance for the event venue.All artists where present and keen to perform,(when the sound chek was powered up,you should have seen the faces on both of Binary Finary's artists faces).

6 In years of raving and working in this world of electronic music,i have rarely seen a set-up of this magnitude at any event in Montreal.Not a dollar was spared.
Unlike other events recently where you could not understand why you payed 40$ tickets for the set-up and venue,PARADISE 2 was well worth the ticket price,and more!

7 Our line up bosted three headliners who had never played in Canada,and one who hadn't played here in over six years.It had been many years scince we had seen a line up like this in Montreal,or Ottawa for that matter and it will be a long time comming to see a line up of this magnitude and originality.

I have to add that door tickets for PARADISE 2 where 40$,with over 15,000 usd(over 27,000$ can) worth of artists.Compare that to 55$ door tickets at GLOOM,for,well,you know the line up.Not one of GLOOM'S artist cost over 300$ can.(If they did,you got screwed)

Please make sure to stay tunned for more info on the future of PSYCOFROGG,TRIPTROINK and KEARBEARS productions.We will up date all this info in the OFFICAL PRESS RELEASE comming some time within the next few weeks.

At a time when planes are crashing into skyscrapers,when war is going on in other countries,neihboring countries and our own...that humanity as a whole is more unsafe and unhappy then ever before in history,we decied to punish the ones who wish to let a few thousand people forget these horrible times for 12 hours and enjoy themselves in unison,to music that in no way promotes violence,death,money gain or capatilism or any other negative aspects of this world.Please make sure you forward this forum page thread url to anyone who you may think would be interested or be willing to help.

Thank you to all who suported us before,to all who suported us the night of the event with help after the bad news,and to all who will suport in the future.

In the words of BINARY FINARY...

'IF YOU LAY DOWN AFTER THIS,YOU SHOW THEM THAT THEY WON,AND THAT THEY CAN WIN AGAIN.YOU MUST FIGHY THIS WITH ALL YOU HAVE AND CONTINUE TO THROW EVENTS EVEN IF THIS HAPPENS TO EVERY OTHER OF YOUR EVENTS FROM NOW UNTIL THE END.'

'Ricky Grant and Anthony 'Tony' Simmonds,Binary Finary

ulricr@hotmail.com