View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2001, 02:28 AM   #5
bowzer
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to bowzer
This post only makes sense if you knew what had happened before, so I'll try to recap from what I heard/experianced.

When our buses from Ottawa arrived in Montreal, it was about 11pm. We came to see lots of people standing outside, we though, "damn, this must be really big and taking along time to get it"... it turns out police were checking out the venue to make sure it was safe. word is they gave it the okay, but they needed a second opinion from the firemen... the firemen finally came at like 11:20, and they gave it the thumbs down. They said that it wasn't safe enough because some exit signs didnt have lightbulbs, not enough exits in the building, and it was too dirty... something along thoose lines. Oddly the same venue has been used many times in the past for very large parties, and this party was the safest/most organized one yet.
So the firemen said there won't be a party go on... it really did not seem like this could be happening... so many peoples weekends were ruined.
Our choices (the 2 shuttle buses from ottawa), were either sit in the parking lot, or goto some party put on by "ray junior". this ray junior guy has been known to do sketchy things in the past, and his parties are pretty trashy. our only option was to go there... i wont comment on that party, but one thing is that 8 hours of house music WILL drive you insane.
blah... so after the party we went back to ottawa, pretty disappointed. after reading some of the forums and comments from ravers/promotors and others who helped out, theres a possibility of some dirty things that went down that weekend. it seems like someone *cough* ray junior *ahem* might of paid off the firefighters to get paradise vs hellsfire shutdown, so more people would goto his party. now this is not certain, and not proven yet... but its pretty shaddy and convient if you ask me. if this IS true... holy shit, I wouldnt even know where to start.