View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2001, 02:43 AM   #6
uki
Hullaboarder

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Here is what exactly happened.

9:30 pm.

I come back from getting cokes from the store for binary,they finish sound check and both sound guys from both rooms give thumbs up for the go ahead.

As always,my pager was going off like crazy,so I decide to get that done and head for the phone in the front lobby,I pick up the receive and hear a knock.All I see is a firecheif badge(i'Ve seen them before alot) and my heart sinks.

He walks in,along with 2 cops.

They tour the venue(which has been used for over 2 years for over then 100 parties.This is the ideal back up venue for any event.)

About 11 pm,after negotiations,along with offers from us to move the tires outside(the venue is a go kart thingy),replace the missing emergency lightbulbs,along with a list of other things,but he says its not possbile...''there is no way this event is going to happen...dispures the line up and send everyone home'' he says

The line up exceeded 1000 poeple at 10pm when i checked

1200 tiks where sold in adavance and more then 6 buses where expected and more then 1000 people more for door tiks.

So while the fire cheif is still at the venue(11pm),on the other side of town,my buddy dj indica is playing for a woping 40 people at the ray junior party.rumors have it that he sold a little over 200(yes 200) tikects in presale.so....

So thats the story...

I mean.If anyone hear has ever had this happen to them,you know that we are still deaing with all this and will be for months to come.

We still have not decided if we will refund tickets or make them valid for another event later next year(next event was suposed to be utopiahase 4 / june 30 2002.

So as of now,we are still working on different possibilities.

I'd also like to add that we are not pointing the figure yet,and we are not sure if we will at all in the future,this is just what happened as I saw it and felt it.

This is a very sad day for any montreal raver/party goer.This affects us all,one way or another.It's just madness right now to get everything done.

Thanks for