View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2001, 03:06 PM   #7
f a i a
Hullanewbie

Thumbs down ya....ok.

First off I would like to say that it is HIGHLY unlikely that the firemen/fire marshall would have accepted bribes to shut the party down.
That is a fairly ludicrous suggestion.

I very highly commend the work of those who threw the bus, to make the best of a bad situation.
This was obviously highly disappointing for many people on many differnt levels.

NOW, I want to say to YOU UKI......that, although I feel for you and your situation, I really think you should try getting your facts straight BEFORE you say anything. So you ARE the public relations spokesman for THIS party, bvut I highly doubt you were in Ottawa when Neophyte was scheduled to play there. I also highly doubt that you were in contact with the promoters for that party (Paradox).

THIS:
"Neophyte was booked on many occasions in Canada(including one recently in Ottawa,where they were cacelled last minute,unpayed and very upset)."

is completely untrue.
The promoter (and yes, I know him personally), knew at least 2 weeks in advance that there was a venue problem (3 weeks i think, but I may stand corrected). Neophyte was given LOTS of warning that they may not be able to come and play, SOOOOO they were told that if they found another gig for that weekend, to by all means GO!
They were given fair warning and they DID find another booking that weekend. Therefore they WERE paid for their time for the weekend. If it had been a 'day of' thing, then it would have been dealt with differently, but they were informed with lots of time to spare. This was the most mature thing that the promoter could have done.
(to follow up, they did find a last minute venue and although Neophyte was a no-go, Or-Beat did make an appearance).

SOOOOOO....before you make any comments about past parties that you were in no way affiliated with, why don't you try learning the facts?
pfft.