Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Hullabaloo News & Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old October 21st, 2002, 07:15 PM   #1
Stryker-187

Question for Anabolic Frolic

Anabolic,

Is there any chance of getting into a location other then The Oprah House? That is the only reason that my friend and I stopped comming. You should try and get back into the docks, I am sure you have though of that but there is an alternative you could look at that is almost as big. The Rev in Waterloo? You should really inquire. Just my thoughts.

Stryker187
Stryker-187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2002, 08:39 PM   #2
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I've discussed this topic repeatedly on our board now. The answer is no. The Opera House is the only thing keeping Hulla going and without it as a venue I would have called it quits a while ago. I'm sorry you don't come any more for that reason, but that's why I make the location public so people can make the decision to come or not and they don't feel ripped off by me keeping the location secret till the last second and you're ticket is already bought.

The Docks is no longer available for any type of rave event. There are simply no decent venues I'm willing to use available. Anything else out there that is being used right now would either be a step down from the opera house or are run by goombah mafioso types whom i won't do business with.

Every Hullabaloo party is a celebration of music, fashion and culture. That to me is the most important aspect of it. The Opera House meets my needs of providing a safe legal space with low-stress management to accomplish this.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2002, 10:20 PM   #3
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
noice^^^^
Old October 22nd, 2002, 02:04 PM   #4
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
I am way more sick of hearing people bitch about going to the opera house than actually going to parties at the opera house. I don't mind it as a venue and we would all choose to go to the O.H. than not have hullas at all. My only complaint is those fuckin stairs that has got to be a fire code violation

I would certainly be up for a hulla somewhere else but am quite content with the opera house
Old October 27th, 2002, 11:16 PM   #5
Asteroth
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Asteroth Send a message via Yahoo to Asteroth
i agree fully with that, i mean the opera house i small when it gets cold ONLY because of the coat check peope do NOt leave the friggin loby area and, sometimes it gets a LITTLE pover crowded *cough* *feb 16* *cough*
but i have to say even if you added up all pros and cons i have still hard a great time at every hulla i have been to. and since i started my hulla partying i have not missed one single one.

i am sort of new to it compaired to other people, BUT still. The day i was at my first Hulla, and Charlie B was MC'ing with MC Storm i think it was, and he just kinda went to the front crowd and shook a bunch of people's hands... i never knew parties were like that i had only been to like 2 prior, one was at stardust *shudder* another was at Tropicana which was SpinRight, it was great but i was new and timmid. BUT since the first hulla it has always been great, so as long as like you said frolic are not taking steps down or taking to the wrong people i think you know what you are doing now and i do not hear complaints about the parties ever, only the vanu and personally i like the opera house.

Cheers
Old October 28th, 2002, 08:19 PM   #6
EtArDo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to EtArDo
like whats honestly wrong with the opera house???

i dont understand at all what ppl complain about.

like yeah the coat check is kinda slow but i havnt been to a party ne where where the coat check was super so that would be a lame excuse to complain about and really thats the only thing i see wrong with the opera house
Old October 28th, 2002, 08:29 PM   #7
RaaVeN
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaaVeN Send a message via MSN to RaaVeN
the opera house is great.

simple as that.
Old December 2nd, 2002, 11:15 AM   #8
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
the only complaint i have about the Opera House is the sound.

it's not that it's always horrid, but the fact that it is horrid and could be better. please oh please turn down the mids..

although i DO wear earplugs, they always seem to pierce through me..

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2002, 11:18 AM   #9
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
oh.. and IF possible, ask the brothers doing the lighting (mac 500's you always bring in) to program them so they're not shooting into people's eye..

last time i though i "saw the light" after that gas filled discharge bulb blinded me i'm sure the dj's aren't too keen on them either... mix mix blinded mix mix
Old December 2nd, 2002, 12:05 PM   #10
Jilly111

WOW!!! Im soooo sick of hearing people bitch about the Opera House!!!!!! Frolic has answered that question a million times!!!!!
Jilly111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2002, 05:54 PM   #11
Polina
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Polina
And he will answer it a billion times more...
I used to not really give a fuck, i mean the opera house in not bad at all..
but somtimes change is needed.
Whatever i dont really think its up to random ravers to propose ideas for different venues..
Frolic obviously knows what he is doing better then most ppl. Leave it up to him...

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can believe it, you can become it

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
Polina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2002, 12:09 AM   #12
*BunnE*
Hullaboarder

I find it hard to believe that the Opera House is what is keeping Hulla alive. Other companys seem to make it using different venues. Personally, I love the Big Bop. One of the better venues I've been to!

I'm just getting sick of the same security. I've had some woman bitch at me at least four times and one time, she completely ruined my night. It's hard to enjoy yourself when it's as dark as it is. I like a little light. I like being able to SEE where I'm going. It would be nice to see Hulla be held somewhere else. Opera House is boring. Something new and fun!
*BunnE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2002, 01:39 AM   #13
Polina
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Polina
After nightmare....I think that IT nightclub is the best one i have been to, big bop is awesome as well.
Polina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2002, 02:40 AM   #14
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
yah can't there be anything done about how rude the security is to some people at the opera house

i have witnessed some people treated with no respect for no reason

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
J-Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2002, 09:51 AM   #15
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
I've never personally had any problem with the security there. But I also have seen them really harrassing other people. But I guess it's better then having the police in there harrassing people.
Old December 9th, 2002, 02:19 PM   #16
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
The Big Bop is too small. It may hold about as many as the Opera House can, but that's over multiple rooms so our "main room" would be MUCH too small then since that's where everyone would want to be. The other issue is I'm not interested in throwing multi-room parties that can't compare with our previous ones.

IT nightclub is only available this month while their liquor license is suspended, although I still wouldn't take it for that reason. Too many of our patrons are 19+ these days and a licensed area is mandatory.

I don't think I've thrown a single party where people haven't complained about security for whatever reason, so it's going to be an issue no matter where it's held.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2002, 10:54 AM   #17
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

agreed on the security - no matter where you are, security is always an issue.

look at it from their standpoint too... if they don't come down hard on a couple people, then everyone will think they can walk all over them..

part of security is having people hold you in higher regard. if they don't respect your authority, then they will be more apt to do something they shouldn't, seeing as they don't think you'll stop them.

it's all relative.

security is security..
the docks had bad ones, opera house has a couple bad ones, as does any place i have visited (raves, clubs, bars, whatever).. it's a fact of life.. accept it.

although i still think we could work on those mac 500s
Old December 11th, 2002, 02:54 PM   #18
Sebby Bozak
Hullaboarder

Hey frolic. The hulla fans seem to be very loyal and all of your parties always sellout and are always great.
Have you ever considered doing a bi-weekly or monthly night at a night club or smaller venue then the opera house.
It seems to me that people who love hardcore are finding less and less places to hear hardcore now that there isn't as many raves.
Also it would be a great way to introduce new djs and talent to all the hardcore fans because its always the same line-up at hullas with the exception of maybe a different trance dj.
i'm not saying i don't like your resident djs (in fact i love em all)
I'm just saying that maybe it would be a good outlet for new djs to try and break thru.
Old December 11th, 2002, 02:56 PM   #19
Sebby Bozak
Hullaboarder

^^^^^^^^^^I'm sure it would be a succes
Sebby Bozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 09:12 AM   #20
tranzits grl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to tranzits grl
I"m sure Dj Tranzit would spin at a party for ya.. His happy harcore spinning is getting to be really good. ask Frisky or D-Minus. I'm sure Paul has made them hear it. Or even some people on the bored have heard his music. Mind you if they have something from about 6 months ago or older disregard. he's much better than that now
tranzits grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 12:59 PM   #21
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

^^ doesn't know what she's talking about
Old December 15th, 2002, 06:23 PM   #22
tranzits grl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to tranzits grl
^^^^ don't be so shy!.. You play on those damn things all the time.
tranzits grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2002, 03:36 PM   #23
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
security @ the opera house isn't bad at least I've never had a prob. Treat them with respect they usually do the same

now

The security (albeit a better venue) were NAZI's
And does it really matter when Hullas were at the Docks for 3-4 parties people bitched about the docks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:58 PM   #24
SmaX
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to SmaX Send a message via Yahoo to SmaX
i have been to a few hulla's and seirsouly, i could care less if it was in suomones attick (as long as it had windows ;-) ) i mean honestly, it is a celebration of music and the vibe is always off the hook! so who cares if its a lil crowded and stuff, have fun!

security is agiht, except for when i was takin a pee and got searched! can't a white boy pee?
and know dreams never die
somewhere deep inside,
somewhere deep inside me
i found the child i used to be
and i know its not to late
never too late
SmaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 09:27 AM   #25
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

nothing wrong with the palais royale imo..
except in the winter / colder weather, when they decide to open up the doors, and it gets freezing in there... other than that, i like the venue... i just don't venture downstairs