The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Digital Outlaws
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 17th, 2002, 11:19 AM   #76
robotpilot
Hullaboarder

nothing could make me not want to party anymore--
but dood, i'm like, twice their age...
at least they weren't trying to sell me drugs.
i hate it when the kiddies try to sell me drugs.
Old December 17th, 2002, 11:33 AM   #77
Silvershadow
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Silvershadow
Quote:
Originally posted by *BunnE*

I realize that. But why should someone be able to drink and I can't intoxicate myself with my drug of choice? Someone else chooses alcohol. I hate alcohol. I enjoy the feelings I get from something else. I understand that it isn't legal and alcohol is. But I would raher see a room full of people on E or sober than a bunch of drunks. I've been around too many aggressive drunks. I haven't seen someone seriously hurt someone while on E. I know, that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I just disagree with taking away every other drug. To each their own.

Totally agree... I HATE drunks. HATE them. I'd much rather deal with a roomful of people on E than a handful of drunks.
Old December 17th, 2002, 11:42 AM   #78
robotpilot
Hullaboarder

& yeah...drunks are why i rarely go to clubs
blechy
Old December 17th, 2002, 04:06 PM   #79
Polina
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Polina
I disagree about the alcohol or E
i think the fact that Alcohol is legal and E is not says it all.
But what ever
people could do what they wanna do, if someone has a problem with it, them well. whatever.

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can believe it, you can become it

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
Old December 17th, 2002, 04:22 PM   #80
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
I think everyone makes a concious choice to dose. I have never been pressured to dose in my whole raving career.

People who dose KNOW it's illegal, they KNOW it could kill them, but the prospect of having a good time outweighs that in their minds. Educated drug use is better than blind pill popping any day.

Don't be too quick to judge though... remember when you first started partying... how old were you? How much did you dose? Ever take a stupid risk? Ever sneak out of the house to hit a party? Ever eat laced candy from a stranger? Ever make out in the middle of the dance floor?

Just because you've been there, done that doesn't mean that you reserve the right to judge other people for doing the same as you- right or wrong, hindsight is 20/20, but most people need to learn their own life lessons.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old December 17th, 2002, 04:49 PM   #81
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
no
no
no
yes
Old December 17th, 2002, 04:53 PM   #82
CRAYOLA-KYD
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to CRAYOLA-KYD Send a message via MSN to CRAYOLA-KYD
Quote:
Originally posted by Polina
its seems like there where 2 pairs of 14 year olds at the party...
and if you think the parents of those who got caught are not responisble
then you are wrong.
its not fair to assume things like this, not knowing the full situation

was one of them you?
Old December 17th, 2002, 05:04 PM   #83
Commander Keen
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Commander Keen
shrug, I don't like judging people, but c'mon.. theres "smart" drug use (and I use the term loosely). smart drug use would be a mix of harm reduction and common sense. Harm reduction would include researching the drug, and looking up wqhat kind of pills are out there (ie dancesafe, pillreports). Granted that these are not 100% foolproof, but you'll know what stuff is better/cleaner, and what is bunk. Common sense includes knowing your limits, knowing when to cut yourself off, when to take a breather. (common sense would work well with alcohol use as well).
Mixing drugs is also another issue, but I'm pretty sure that a large portion of us have mixed. it all comes back to knowing your limits.

and getting rolled means getting mugged. ie "I got rolled for my shoes"
Old December 17th, 2002, 05:22 PM   #84
Polina
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by CRAYOLA-KYD

was one of them you?

no i was not at this party
and i think, no i am SURE that if i was those OTHER 14 year olds would not be dosing
Old December 17th, 2002, 05:24 PM   #85
Polina
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Everybodies_Daddy
I think everyone makes a concious choice to dose. I have never been pressured to dose in my whole raving career.

People who dose KNOW it's illegal, they KNOW it could kill them, but the prospect of having a good time outweighs that in their minds. Educated drug use is better than blind pill popping any day.

Don't be too quick to judge though... remember when you first started partying... how old were you? How much did you dose? Ever take a stupid risk? Ever sneak out of the house to hit a party? Ever eat laced candy from a stranger? Ever make out in the middle of the dance floor?

Just because you've been there, done that doesn't mean that you reserve the right to judge other people for doing the same as you- right or wrong, hindsight is 20/20, but most people need to learn their own life lessons.

MCED

who is this directed towards?
Old December 17th, 2002, 08:05 PM   #86
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Quote:
Originally posted by Polina

no i was not at this party
and i think, no i am SURE that if i was those OTHER 14 year olds would not be dosing

But haven't you admitted in the past that you have dosed at parties?
Old December 17th, 2002, 09:34 PM   #87
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
well said mced........

i have done the whole popping a pill, making out in the middle of the dancefloor, and sketching out in the back room..

sure... exstacy is a "fun" drug to put it into one word, but it's not something i do on a regular basis, and it's definately not something i need to do to have a good time at a club/rave/party.

when i first started going to raves i went sober... 100%.. no drugs, no alcohol, no wakeups... NOTHING! i would go all night.. dance, whatever... i don't know how i did it, but i did. i did this for a good 2 years...

then i tried some exstacy to see what it was all about.. tried it at home.. with some friends.. we had a little party of our own.. it was fun times... i will always remember that night.. it was a feeling not like any other. then i did it at a couple raves... same effect.... loved the feeling.. then i started to realize i was taking it all the time... i didn't want to turn into some sketchy raver who needed it to have fun..

i stopped... went sober since... haven't touched the shit outside of a half a pill a while back so i would stay awake... i didn't have much of a choice in a sense...(you ALWAYS have a choice)... i was tired.. had hardly any sleep, and it was only 2am.. it was the middle of nowhere (not downtown) and my ride didn't leave till 6am... so.. half a pill later, i stayed up... it was perfect.. no high, but just kept me up.. no sketchyness..

now i just have a couple drinks if i decide to drink that night, and always keep a couple wakeups on hand just incase i start to doze off.. i try not to take them unless i need to, as they give me bad stomach cramps, but sometimes i need it to stay awake..

none the less...
i prefer partying without the effects of drugs

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***

Last edited by DJ Tranzit : December 17th, 2002 at 09:36 PM.
Old December 17th, 2002, 10:48 PM   #88
Polina
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Busta

But haven't you admitted in the past that you have dosed at parties?

yeah i have
and i wish i had not
and i probably will never again
Old December 19th, 2002, 06:54 PM   #89
MadChemist
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to MadChemist
To Dose or not to dose, that is the question
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer
this E and K of outrageous portions.
Or to take arms against a sea of thugs
and by abstaining, end them. To nap, to sleep --
No more; and by a sleep we say the party ends.
The heartache and the thousand sketchy kids.
That hulla is heir to. Tis a consummation
devoutly to be wished.

MadChemist
Old December 23rd, 2002, 11:02 PM   #90
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

I've been giving this whole issue some thought and I wanted to weigh in. First, the age issue.

Occasionally, we have young kids come to our parties. (By young I'd say anyone under 16). This isn't necessarily a bad thing; I was 15 when I started partying and I have never done E at a party, and didn't attend a party on drugs (pot) until I was 18. Some kids are responsible.

With that said, I'd still be thrilled to not have anyone under 16. This is mainly for the reason that kids below that age usually don't have their parent's permission. There have been parties where parents have shown up at the front door and I've walked with them through the venue, helping them find their kids so they can take them home. We don't want that kind of trouble; we don't want the reputation of "evil child-luring rave". That's not who we are and not who we want to be.

This is why we put "16+ recommended" on our flyers. I feel strongly about not checking ID for a few significant reasons, though. The most important, to me, is that the rave scene is about being inclusive. If we start saying that only people Age X and over can attend, we begin excluding people. There is no unity and no respect inherent in excluding people.

The vast, vast majority of our ravers are over 16, and most are over 19. Occasionally we get someone younger. Occasionally this causes a problem. But I don't believe that an occasional problem is worth excluding an entire group of people.

Now, as for the parents:

Yes, parents have some responsibility here. But we all have been kids and we all know that kids will be kids. Sometimes they sneak out and sometimes they do things they're not supposed to. A parent can't watch their kids 24 hours a day and sometimes these things happen. I don't think it automatically means that a parent isn't a good parent if their kid sneaks away and does something that isn't allowed.

I'm glad they showed up and took their kids. We don't need children at our parties acting irresponsibly, any more than we need adults at our parties acting irresponsibly.
Old December 23rd, 2002, 11:42 PM   #91
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

Now, the drug issue. I know my comments probably won't be all that popular.

I've given this significant thought for years now. And my final conclusion is:

Where can we rent a narcotics dog?

I would be THRILLED, OVERJOYED, EXUBERANT to not have any drugs in the venue. I don't have anything against people taking drugs responsibly (preferably at home where they aren't putting other people at risk). But if we could get rid of the drugs *inside* the venue, it would take away a lot of problems.

It's your own business what you do outside the venue, we can't control that. If there were no drugs inside, it would get rid of a significant number of problems. First, there would be almost no mixing drugs, because people wouldn't be buying pills from multiple dealers. Two, it would incredibly reduce the chances of an OD or zoned-out drugtard because they wouldn't be able to to keep buying and taking pills. Three, drug dealers are doing something illegal and there is crime that comes along with that; it would reduce thug activity if there was no drug dealing occurring. Four, it would make raves less of a problem for police (which means they'd harass us less). Five, those people who come to parties ONLY to buy drugs and do large quantities of drugs would no longer come to parties.

I don't think anyone can say that having those five points happen would be a bad thing.

Unfortunately, I also know this is in Robin's Dreamworld.

Some people want to do drugs. Some people are going to capitalize on that need. Their actions are going to jeapordize the safety and enjoyment of rest of us.

This is an issue that I feel deeply and strongly about. Frolic and I have put an extraordinary amount of work into Hulla; it's like our baby. And every time something significantly bad had happened, it has happened as a *direct* result of drug activity. The negative aspects of drug use have been, and continue to be, a threat to our creation, our livelihood, and the people who attend our parties.

There isn't really anything we can do about it. We like the Opera House because they're stringent in their searches, but legally there's a lot of areas that security can't search. People who really want to get drugs in will find a way to get drugs in. It makes me sad to know that some people consider our parties to be nothing more than a place to do drugs. I feel that we've tried really hard to create and maintain something truly special, something that can be enjoyed without being fucked out of your skull.

I can't stop you from taking drugs at a party or anywhere else. If you make the decision to do so, please limit your consumption, and don't mix drugs. Remember that your actions affect not only yourself, but everyone around you, and the ramifications may be much more serious than you expect.
Old December 24th, 2002, 03:19 AM   #92
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Can I pet the narcotics dog?

MCED
Old December 24th, 2002, 04:20 AM   #93
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

You know, I thought I had sent you a goofy PM but I actually sent it to someone else, who was rather baffled. How embarassing.
Old December 24th, 2002, 10:46 AM   #94
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
i totally agree with robin...
despite taking exstacy a couple times and having a blast running around like a 2 year old on acid, i much prefer going to a party sober.

now on another note, i do enjoy having a couple drinks here and there... not all the time i will have a drink... sometimes... it's more of the social aspect of it for me.

now as for the drug dog.... hahahaha.. i have a friend who's dad is part of the K9 unit for Metro Toronto Police.. He's got two of the dogs..Friendliest things you'd ever meet. I went over there once after a backyard party where some people were smoking weed (somewhat near me), and the dogs started to bark... it was pretty outrageous. none the less, i think that you'd probably need to hire PDOs with dogs to search... something i highly doubt hulla can afford without raising ticket prices..

well... it's a good idea, but like you said, i think you're living in a bit of a fantasyworld
Old December 24th, 2002, 11:01 AM   #95
tranzits grl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to tranzits grl
Not everyone can see/ feel the magic of Hulla without drugs or alcohol it' s unfortunate...
I wish people would just be responsable with what they choose to do.
Or we could legalize drugs *jokes*

Last edited by tranzits grl : December 24th, 2002 at 11:04 AM.
Old December 24th, 2002, 09:10 PM   #96
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

As for the dogs, I'm quite certain they don't hire them out, so it isn't really an option even if we could afford it.

Although I'm in favour of legalizing all drugs, simply legalizing them wouldn't take away the risk of OD's and people so fucked up they can't do anything but lie on the floor.

This is an issue I have to deal with constantly. A few parties ago there must have been some bad pills going around, because a lot of people were puking outside. I was so angry and frustrated. It seemed to me like people were only coming to the parties to get fucked up, and at that point I have to ask myself, Why are we doing this? Why are we putting so much effort into this if people think so little of Hulla that they feel they need substances to enjoy it? Are drugs what our party is all about to people?

Poor Donny chose the wrong moment to come outside and got the wrong end of the Robin Stick. He finally had to take me around the block where I could scream and cry for awhile without alarming anyone. He did manage to calm me down eventually.

I fully believe that everything that is wrong with the rave scene is directly attributable to irresponsible drug use.
Old December 24th, 2002, 09:27 PM   #97
oOFuzzEOo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to oOFuzzEOo
Quote:

I can't stop you from taking drugs at a party or anywhere else. If you make the decision to do so, please limit your consumption, and don't mix drugs. Remember that your actions affect not only yourself, but everyone around you, and the ramifications may be much more serious than you expect.

Well said.. But The amount of narcotics dogs can sniff is limited... And if you are going to get one of them.. and stop drugs from coming into the party.. then you should close the bar too..

I understand that many people come to raves because thats where you can get "Rave" drugs, but the funny thing is you can buy them anywhere you don't have to buy a ticket to get them. I think it is discusting that people come to parties just to buy drugs, I hate the fact that there are people at parties that think thats all raves are... Yes drugs are a part of raves, but not everyone does them.. and Most of the time people that do them are smarter then to take more then they can handle...

Personal I think anyone that O.D's or does to much has no one to blame but themselfs.. as for dealers selling BUNK drugs thats an other story, I think if you are going to Sell E.. Don't do it for a profit do it so people are safe..

TRIP does all they can to inform the E-tards of what they are doing to there body.. I personal belive that if you are going to injest a drug, Learn about it, study it... Know what your doing to your brain and body

For anyone that does ecstasy.. I suggest looking for a book called.. "The Love Drugs : Marching to the beat of Ecstasy" It is a very informative book and will clear many of the things people don't understand about the drug..

I belive it is next to impossible to get drugs out of the parties.. it has come to a point where raves need them.. I can quote from the book I just talked about.. "If Raves were and engine, Ecstasy would be its fuel"

But Robin.. Its true.. Lots of people need drugs to enjoy hulla.. But thats because they think that to be a raver.. You have to be on drugs..
Old December 24th, 2002, 09:34 PM   #98
kraver1981
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to kraver1981
Quote:
I fully believe that everything that is wrong with the rave scene is directly attributable to irresponsible drug use.

I agree...somewhat...I also believe that the deterioration of the scene can be attributed to the "type" of people who come to parties nowadays...PLUR is dead...you wouldn't know it from the way I and my friends act but it's a fact of life...another question is...did it really exist at all? I've only been partying for a little bit over 4 years but at all the parties I go to anymore[here in NYC and up and down the east coast] I don't feel the sense of "comfort" anymore...I remember when I could start a conversation with anyone and would meet tons of great people to chill with...anymore now I keep to myself and my gf or hang around my friends...here in NYC the scene has just gotten so grimy...abuse[abuse...not responsible use] of E is a problem but also Dust is a very popular drug here and it's just fucking up our scene...Also you have the thugged out drug-dealers/posers who come to parties just looking for a easy hookup...if u wanna do that then go to a booty club!! Shady, Shady people...*rawr* I'm actually think that I may start going to more clubs come Spring...at least then I'll hear some new DJs that I haven't heard before and I'll be away from the grimyness of the party scene...

BTW - Hullabaloo was totally different in that respect...I had such a great time there...my first time...and I met some pretty cool ppl...yes I got asked multiple times if I wanted to buy drugs but the vibe there seemed so much more true to our PLUR roots LOL <---cheesy....hehe...my gf even commented that "Canadian partykids seem so much cleaner and less shady" lol...So be happy with what you guys have and preserve the magic!! We're definitely coming back...
Old December 25th, 2002, 12:07 AM   #99
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Frolic
You know, I thought I had sent you a goofy PM but I actually sent it to someone else, who was rather baffled. How embarassing.

I have a narcotics dog.

His name is Fluffy.

MCED
Old December 25th, 2002, 02:28 AM   #100
Race 2 Da Beat
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Race 2 Da Beat
MAKE PARTIES STRICTLY ENFORCED AT 16+ (at a minimum)
(no ID? TOUGH SHIT!!!)

That takes care of some issues we'd all like to see gone, and as for them 13 year olds that claimed "we are mature 13 year olds" they should have never been allowed in!

Polina I love you, but please gurlie, wait another year

Kel