The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Power of Dreams
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 10th, 2003, 05:34 AM   #51
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1
BEST HULLA SINCE THE ANTHEMS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by anabolic frolic
Oh, and I want to send a special thank-you to Moondancer who made all those dreamcatchers you might have seen around the venue.
She's in Florida right now and couldn't even be here for it but look at what she does for us.

They looked AWESOME!!! though...some ppl. just made me die of laughter about them...like this...

Jesse(mr.magoo) " Hey Keron, What's up with The Dreamcatchers everywhere? "
Me " Gee, I dunno Jesse...could it be the partie is called Power Of DREAMS?!?!?! "

buaahahha...definately quote of the night

Quote:
Originally posted by § p u n n
i still cant talk...

i hope i get my voice back tomorrow...

don't worry dude...you're not the only one! I lost my voice...which was DEFINATELY a good sign of having a good time!

ok first of all THANK YOU!!!

got to the venue early but stayed in the warm car until around 8:20'ish cause I knew Chris asked Jeff
to start early cause ppl. would be out in the cold. and he didn't want a big line forming.

My lil brother was only in a dress shirt and pants and my buddy Ry was wearing a sweater and pants...they
were both SOOOOOOOOO cold...haha, i wore a nice thick black sweater...and only got cold a lil bit...cause
i also wore my ol skool adidas jacket

anyways...get in...say hi to a few ppl. and get STRAIGHT to the front of the stage!!!

Normally a partie takes a little while to kick in for me...but it started off even before I got in cause
I could hear Jeff spinning Sensation when i was outside.

DJ Wolf - dude, you dropped SOOOOOOOOOOOO many good tracks...3 tracks i especially wanted to hear
Thanks so much!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNNNNNNN ON MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...haha
my lil brother was dancing his fcuk'n ass off already and Laura came up to me and she's like " YO! Your brother
is fcuk'n losing his mind!!! " I turned around and he was just going mental!!! it was great! I was happy
he had so much fun!!! He went NUTS when you played Children Of The Night...so thanks for that

Subsonic Chronic - I felt bad not being able to hear as much of Pete's set as i'd originally planned on...but this
was basically the only time i had to run around and try and find some friends who i was told would be there in time for
his set. What i did get to hear got me movin though!!! 1 track stood out most...probably like the 3'rd last track he spun.

Frisky dude...your set was absoloutly fcuk'n bangin!!! i loved it!!! even * YOU * thought I would " hate it "
haha...but i didn't at all.you seemed SOOO surprised when I told you how much i loved it!!! great great set!

Capital J - this man was SO into his set...he looked like he was having a fantastic time back up on the decks
at a Hulla. Definately had me going...i was LOVING it!!! i don't really like Jungle that much anymore but J got me
dancin ( a bit ) and singing along...i even heard Donovan of all ppl. was dancing dudring this set...that speaks VOLUMES!!!
haha

Dj Vibes - just like others have said...his set started off slow for me too...a promise of anthems
and cheese was made and I didn't feel this was heard until the second half of his set when he started pump'n
'em out...got me going CRAZY!!! thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!! i totally appretiated hearing I Need Your Lovin!!!
made me lose it big time!!! It also made me happy to hear how excited he was when he was invited to spin at this hulla...i love it when Dj's are excited to come spin for us!

Anabolic Frolic - Chris...THANK YOU for listening to everyone's wishes for more cheese...it DEFINATELY
showed the Power Of CHEESE at this partie!!! your set opened and ended amazingly! you got all the Americans going
absoloutly fcuk'n NUTS!!! they sure do worship you man! again, this partie definately showed a side of hulla that somewhat lacked at the last event. Big smiles, Big vibe, not a complaint in the air...definately well done.

D-Minus - what can I say Donny??? not much other than you're a big little kid and you're the king of all cheese!!!
hahaha...you got * ME * dancing to HAPPY HARDCORE!!! that hasn't happened in AGES!!! thank you...it felt good man...
thanks for NOT playing Elysium!!! i made sure to rub that in Kelly's face hahaha. ( sorry Kelly ) thanks especially for dropping Hands Of Destiny! second time it'd been played for the night...I think I even saw a mr. supaster enjoying that track hahahahaha

sadly enough...this is where the partie ended for me my little brother was extremely tired and my buddy Ry felt sick. They both had an awesome time. both being hullavirgins...1 being a partie virgin altogether! i'll make sure I can stick around for more of Jory's set and Tommy's next time though! Jory, your hat was awesome! and Tommy, i definately wouldn't have even recognized you without the silver shirt on man!

now...for other stuff

I had a BLAST at this partie...thanks to everyone who made it just THAT much more enjoyable

one of the biggest highlights of the partie was seeing a bunch of the dj's and mc's down in the crowd with us singing and dancing like CRAZY!!! definately brought back alot of the old Hulla feeling!!!

awesome seeing tons of friends but also great meeting new friends! just so i don't miss anyone really, HI to all the new
ppl. i met!!! hope you all had even HALF as much fun as i did!!!

some shout outs...

Quote:
Originally posted by HEATER
Keron: It was nice to FINALLY put a face to my hullaboard twin
hahahaha...DUDE...it was FINALLY good to put a face to MY hullaboard twin too!

supaster - i knew you'd show! it was good seeing you as always and singin along!!! haha, HANDS OF DESTINY!!!

kandeegirl2 - Jenn!!! you seriously rock alot hun!!! you're always so happy and crank out the vocals!!! awesome seeing you again!!!

vicks kills - WTF!!! I totally flipped out...hahaha...where were you ALL night??? seeing you during the last like half hour I was there didn't do justice!!!

Leah - dancing and singing with you was AWESOME!!hahaha...especially during Eternal Flame! you rOck!
Quote:
Originally posted by BeBe

Keron and little Keron () - I hope you guys had a good time. Keron, I think my official favourite place to hang out with you is
at the front of the Opera House... we always seem to have these funny little moments there. Keep on keepin on.

BeBe - hahahahahaha...oh the crackyness...you're such an amazing gal to partie it up with!!! i definately agree - front of the Opera House!!!

Mr.T & QuijiKid - You're both so awesome!!! glad to see you both!!! it's a shame your plans got so messed up with the whole
meeting at Karlos'...but everyone made it anyways!!! gooooooood times!

Mrs. Frolic - awww...poor Robin out in the cold!!! nice havin a lil chat with ya out there! It was nice hearing about Australia!!! Thanks for putting in just that much more into this partie while the hubby was away!

Jenna Crew - you girls are ALWAYS a good time! We should all try and chill sometime...and i promise next time i even THINK it's you at the mall, i'll say hi Jenna

The " lesbians " - hahahaha...you are both AMAZING gals...luv ya both!!! definately great seeing you again and both lookin hot!!!

Polina - too bad we didn't really get to talk much...but i definately agree with your statement as this being the best hulla since anthems!!! i was glad to see you having a good time

rade2dabeat - HAHAAHAHA...DIE ELYSIUM DIE!!! awww...sorry Kelly but it just wasn't meant to be...heheehe...just buggin ya!

mr.magoo - Jesse...QUOTE OF THE NIGHT!!! haha, can't wait to see me in that video...* some guy doing some liquiding....KERONS FACE RIGHT IN THE CAMERA!!! AHHH ) buahahaha that is going to be hilarious!!!

*candypants* - it was great seeing you, as always. eventhough it was for like...3 seconds?

Bowzer - hahaha...dude...we ALMOST got through the night wihtout hearing it...ALMOST...oh well, still an amazing time!!! good seein ya again!

Starlite & Donovan - good seeing ya haha...interesting hearing DONOVAN dancing to Jungle, i must say!

again...to all the ppl. i danced and sang with...AWESOME times!!!

I ALMOST went the whole night without hearing Deep Inside...oh well...haha

MC Keron & MC Darren - " REEEEEEEEEWINNNNNNNNNNDDDDD " hahahahaha...hold it down hold it down hold it down!!! " BRUP BRUP! hahahahahaha

TABBY SCRATCH!!! TABBY CLAWS!!! hahahaha

April 19'th eh? Count me in!

Last edited by Keron_DaFunky1 : February 10th, 2003 at 05:50 AM.
Old February 10th, 2003, 06:01 AM   #52
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally posted by Iris
one thing i noticed is that a few of songs were played two or three times i remember this also hapening at WEMF, now dont me wronge it was great and i really like those songs, but i like alot of songs, soo maybe the DJs could discuse their playlists before.

I actually feel that for new tracks to really make an impression they NEED to get played more than once in a single night. This is not the same as tired old anthems being cained repeatedly though. Fortunately, the Hulla residents are some of the most upfront hardcore DJs anywhere so you're not going to get that.
Old February 10th, 2003, 10:50 AM   #53
thehatgrl00
Hullaboarder

All was amazing. All went well. All I have experienced was amazing grace...Thank you all for a fantabulous First Hulla!!! This is about my 16th rave, and there is no true comparison to the amazing people and spirit of Hulla...DJs and MCs blew my mind...thanks for all the candy and hugs...hope you all enjoyed the hearts and stars stickers and neon and stars bracelets...most of all thank you Sunny & Hardcore, Courtney & PLUR, Mikey & Spongebob & my little Roxy*best night ever*-I love you!

I am humbled to have met you all and to have made new friends. Don't forget to check out itsgigglegirl's link to Hulla pics

"Gravity....never let me down..."
Old February 10th, 2003, 10:51 AM   #54
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
I'm still thinking of Hulla while at work... in my own little world.. pretending i'm hopping around.. haha...
Old February 10th, 2003, 11:14 AM   #55
divingFaces
Hullaboarder

What a great night!

That was a killer party! I met lots of great people! Only a few members of the board though. Nice to meet MaTch, you're a good guy.

Special 'hi' to the "asian connection" (Darryl, Quan, Darren, Ian, Cole and I know I missed a name or 2) if any of them make it on here.

candypants & §tarlite, as always that party couldn't have been better with anyone else.

Frolic, nice chattin' with you for a bit during the signing Get your ass in gear on those happy hour compilations!

Mrs, Frolic, sorry for bein' a paypal slut and "takin' you away from the action"

supaster, heard you met my sister, but once again we eluded one another... I even had my nelly furtado t-shirt on again Alas, we still aren't sure where to put the em pha sis in your damn board name (starlite forgot)

Okay, the American flag thing I believe has run it's course, it's a nice gesture and all, but unless you're gonna hold up a flag of equal size representing the country you're actually in to display unity which I believe is your intent, for a party that kind of patriotism is probably better left at home... just my $0.02. None the less glad so many Americans representing.

Every set of the night was outstanding minus the jungle. The dancing was forced I swear it I wish the jungle could be broken up into four 15 minute sements... that'd be great! An hour straight of it is barely tolerable for me. HOWEVER, I was glad to see Capital J so into his set and all the jungle lovers get their fill. Makes it far more tolerable to see a bunch of kids shakin' their shit like there's no tomorrow.

Vibes set was WAY bette than I expected. I was expecting the cheese level to be nauseating, but it was perfect. Couldn't have been better. And I love it when DJ's (especially the headliners) get on the mic for a brief moment to say their piece after a set. Just pumps up the intimacy value a little for me.

I was very happy that Frisky played at his regular pace on Saturday (as opposed to at Anthems when he must have been keeping things slower for the last set of the night, perfectly understandable, but makes the set seem SOOO slow on tape)

Elixir's set couldn't have been better for his video shoot.

Thanks for a great party once again. Looking forward to April.

~Donovan
Old February 10th, 2003, 12:04 PM   #56
ANGELWHITE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ANGELWHITE
Monday morning,and I'm still feeling the vibe!! This Hulla, had to have been one of the BEST!! I didn't stop dancing all night!!
Go Frisky & Elixir!!! All the great people as usual showed, and many more that I met!! All the love to you all! Can't wait for the next one!! Keep smilin!! xoxox
Old February 10th, 2003, 12:18 PM   #57
Lil RaZcal
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to Lil RaZcal Send a message via Yahoo to Lil RaZcal
FRISKY -> MAKE SURE YOU BRING ME TO THE NEXT HULLA!!!!
Old February 10th, 2003, 01:20 PM   #58
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
I had fun.
Old February 10th, 2003, 03:48 PM   #59
punky_k
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to punky_k
had a super great time! i spent about 80% of the night on the floor...haha but damn, it was good. such AMAZING music, sooo many great people i met...and of course my usual group...just an OUTSTANDING night. YAY!
Old February 10th, 2003, 06:58 PM   #60
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
HAHA Keron I totally forgot about that!!! Stupid dream catchers!!!

LOL and that shot of you freakes everyone out when I show it to em!
Old February 10th, 2003, 08:57 PM   #61
KandieRav5r
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to KandieRav5r
I'M THE BLUES CLUES GIRL!!

Amazing partie. Started off not good with the whole accident outside (that was my boyfriend in the car). Got inside.....aaaah. Meet so many people a bunch from this board....it was great seeing old friends there too. Haha...my quote from the night that i heard from sumone walking by...."wow...that's the blues clues girl" hehe.

Oh my gosh and THANK YOU SO MUCh...to Silver1 for playing Test of Time (i believe thats who spun it). I almost fell on the floor when i heard it....haha.

Last edited by KandieRav5r : February 10th, 2003 at 09:11 PM.
Old February 10th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #62
candypunk
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to candypunk
amazing, amazing sets and an amazing vibe, Hulla is back
PLUR
-Will
Old February 10th, 2003, 09:38 PM   #63
thehatgrl00
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by thehatgrl00
All was amazing. All went well. All I have experienced was amazing grace...Thank you all for a fantabulous First Hulla!!! This is about my 16th rave, and there is no true comparison to the amazing people and spirit of Hulla...DJs and MCs blew my mind...thanks for all the candy and hugs...hope you all enjoyed the hearts and stars stickers and neon and stars bracelets...most of all thank you Sunny & Hardcore, Courtney & PLUR, Mikey & Spongebob & my little Roxy*best night ever*-I love you!

I am humbled to have met you all and to have made new friends. Don't forget to check out itsgigglegirl's link to Hulla pics
Quote:
Be honest. Be true. Be kind. Be you.
Old February 10th, 2003, 10:44 PM   #64
Polina
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Polina
well then
i am really missing this hulla already...

lets see if i could try and remember people who i saw
(although i defenetly was not social enough at this hulla, and now apearantly was not recognizable, and did not recognize many people)

Kandi Kat: Great!!!! to meet you.. I hope you had a great frist party, and hope to be seeing you at more!

Match: Good seeing you again.. glad to see you got in!

Kelly: Sorry you did not seem to be having such a good time.. but you were trying! Hope to see you again hun.

Eagle Scorpion: nice to meet you! I hope you had a great time this hulla.. hope to see you again in Canada.

Karlos: Awesome seeing you, i am glad you had a good time and did not want to leave.. also glad that you are aware of how great i am... other poeple have yet to discover it

Bebe: yeah it was great to meet you... again... hehe, it was great to see you, thanks for the braclette.

Keron: Nicce to see you... and to meet your brother! You had a great vibe going and it deffenetly brought up my mood.. yeah i too agree... the front of the party IS THE PLACE TO BE!

Cait: looks like you had a good time this hulla... i hope to see you next party i go to...grrreat to see you again!

Spunn: HEY! Thanks for the Valentine (spounge bob) hehe i hope you had a fab. hulla.. i saw you dancing on the stage!

Krys: I only saw you at the end (very end) when i had my coat on and was ready to pass out.. to bad i did not see you before.. hope you had a great hulla

well i already stated my overall thoughts

but what i most regret was the lack of poeple i saw or met rather! I hope all you First timers had an AMAZING time and will be seen (by me) at more! oh and lastly
people i thought i saw but was not sure at the time----
Vicks Kills
Kandeegurl2

hope to see everyone at goodfellaz.. one wich i MUST be at or NEXT hulla!

Lovez!

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can believe it, you can become it

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
Old February 10th, 2003, 11:49 PM   #65
Race 2 Da Beat
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Race 2 Da Beat
OK! MY REVIEW:

I went in there, not having such a great time, but by 2 am when frolic was on, I couldn't stop dancing...

To the people:

Jesse: I see you all the time so I have nothing to say to you

Jenn: Always a pleasure... come to TORONTO more often

Polina: I did end up having fun eventually...

Karlos: thanks for the dances

Leah: Love the hair, next time, we'll get that CD

KERON Jemima: Screw you too! haha... oh, they will play ELYSIUM next time... at least 3 times, because it wan't played ONCE that night...

Bebe: Thanks so much for the bracelet!

Vicks Kills: Jesse showed the video to his class (when we were dancing) and they thought we were hot... umm... yeah.... hope to see ya soooon!

D-MINUS: Please play Elysium at the next hullabaloo and dedicate it to KERON??? Thanks

Frolic: Thank you for a marvelous time again!

To everyone else I met and saw again, I didn't forget about you, its just that Jes is kicking me off the computer... so it was nice to see all of you again!

Kelly
Old February 11th, 2003, 01:05 AM   #66
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1
hahahaha Keron Jemima!!!

NOBODY DEDICATE ELYSIUM TO ME!!! THAT TRACK BELONGS WHERE IT WAS AT HULLA...and that was not on a turntable
Old February 11th, 2003, 05:59 AM   #67
Iris
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Iris
Quote:
Originally posted by anabolic frolic

I actually feel that for new tracks to really make an impression they NEED to get played more than once in a single night. This is not the same as tired old anthems being cained repeatedly though.

isnt this how songs become tired old anthems? i do love to hear some songs over and over again. i know there are so many great newer songs.

thanx soo much for a really great hulla!

Last edited by Iris : February 11th, 2003 at 06:05 AM.
Old February 11th, 2003, 06:03 AM   #68
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
I don't know...I noticed this at Digital Outlaws. See me Climb twice, esp Heaven twice...

But at PoD I didn't get annoyed by any repeats. The few songs that they played that are overplayed weren't fully played either. Maybe a minute long or something? I know Eyeopener was cut short. It was awesome to hear it for a bit but too much is too much.
Old February 11th, 2003, 10:49 AM   #69
Camrose
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Camrose
This was one great party (as always!). I danced from 9:10pm till I left at 4:00am. I got to see some friends I haven't seen in a while, which was kool.
DJ Wolf - crazy set, made me soooo happy. Frolic just has to bring him back at the next hulla, but at a later time slot. Too early for good talent! (And I love the CD!)
Frisky - Awwwwww, you played my song. You always have the best set.
Vibes - Great set, I recognized most of the tracks he played which was good.
Frolic - The king of HHC, what else can I say? But Raver's Anthem kicked ass
D-Minus - The last track you played was great. OK, your whole set was great. You should play the Jay and Silent Bob intro at the next event You feel right in front of me, which scared me, cause I know it hurt.

Well, I'm going back to bed now.
Amy
Old February 11th, 2003, 12:21 PM   #70
RaverPrincess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaverPrincess
Eyeopener wasn't cut short - it was the new gabber mix...that song made my fukkin night. Once that nice hard gabber part kicked in, I couldn't stop dancin!! Love that tune!!

Nadine
Old February 11th, 2003, 12:33 PM   #71
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
Okay finally after getting home, some sleep and having any energy to do anything……..i’m finally posting. It was an exceptional weekend!!!! The ride up to t.dot was great. Yum yum brownies for the ride  had a super blast at the party! I really enjoyed this party. It was great as usual
Dj wolf was spinning all my favorite choons  you did awesome man 
Vibes was also stellar. I couldn’t believe how much he looked like he belonged at a metal show that was soo great!
Frolic, thank you for signing my promo thingy.  your set was also superkalafregalistickexpeealladocious 
Dminus you know you rocked it hard like a magic kiss!
Elixer that hat was the bomb diggity  you looked like you were having a good time.
And
Silver1 I really dig the goatee…it looks really really good. It was fun dancing out there with ya.
Way to keep everyone dancing!

Everyone as usual was great to see! All the new people I talked to were great too!
Kelly, kittykitty, I got your email I just haven’t had time to reply to it yet. I pwomise I will.

I really liked the vibe at this party. It was super dee dooper *(not to sound like barney, but yah)!

Thanks for the valentines spunn. And bebe thanks for the bracelet  
I know I prolly am missing stuff but im trying to get this done so I can read the boards
Big hugs
And
Love

Kandeegirl2
Old February 11th, 2003, 01:09 PM   #72
bowzer
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to bowzer
why isnt capital j's set from hulla in my hands yet damn it!
but seriously, any idea of when and if we'll see some sets from that party? they were all sick
Old February 11th, 2003, 02:53 PM   #73
lenolias
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to lenolias
Hey everyone again, hope you enjoy the pictures I put up. I must say, Frolic manages to put up one amazing party after another, I don't know how it's possible but the last one is always the best one :-) Anyhow, much love to everyone from the SFC crew, you prolly saw all of us there with our jersey's. From myself, the double zero (yellow tofu), Marky Mark number 9 who thanks everyone for an amazing FIRST RAVE, Mattchiew the Nature Boi number 20, Jeffrey the number 13 Mayo, the Chef Shaolin Norman number 33, the soon to be inducted Alex the Girus number 94, Mervert the invisible number 5 that wasn't allowed in cus the stupidass security thinks our cousin was dealin' last time he was there, what an A-HOLE, and last but certainly not least, our team captain, the number 1 armand mikey mendoza. We love all you Hulla peeps, you're the reason why we attend every hulla party. To Frolic and the gang, good show, and don't deny entrance for my cousin next time cus they think he did something he didn't. In his words "it wasn't me, it was the one-armed man." LOL....anyhow, we love you all and don't forget to give anyone with an SFC jersey a big bear hug at any Hulla you go to.

WE LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Old February 11th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #74
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Quote:
Eyeopener wasn't cut short - it was the new gabber mix...

Haha thx. I'm sure that its much shorter than the other version though...I liked it a lot better. (ok I like eyeopener...but I can only listen to it for so long...it was played at heart attack a week before...hehe)
Old February 11th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #75
Subsonic Chronic
Hullaboarder

Re: What a great night!

Quote:
Originally posted by divingFaces
Subsonic Chronic - I felt bad not being able to hear as much of Pete's set as i'd originally planned on...but this
was basically the only time i had to run around and try and find some friends who i was told would be there in time for
his set. What i did get to hear got me movin though!!! 1 track stood out most...probably like the 3'rd last track he spun.

err.... hmmm...

I'm wracking my brain trying to remember what tracks I played and in what order.

I'll check at home again... although I *think* that the track was either Zorba, feat. Chicago: The Rush (on TIP World records) or Sesto Sento: Alchemista (on Future Link record).

Not 100% sure though...

Pete