User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 16th, 2003, 01:17 AM   #1
boobear3
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to boobear3
Question if on what is allowed in

Ok I never been to hulla before and I just wnat to make sure Of the thing sthat are allowed in and not liek In the usa people Are mean and some parties don't let you bring in cameras/ video cameras and some don't even let you bring in book bags and pens. Can someone help So i don't have to go throw a whole mess at the door
Old March 16th, 2003, 04:28 AM   #2
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
Bring a camera, bring a PLUR book to write in and a pen or two, but make sure it fits in your pockets or a SMALL bookbag...larger bags must be coat checked. I'm not certain on video cameras... I've seen them there before but always for something related to production.

You're also heartily encouraged to bring a smile and a warm fuzzy feeling... but if you leave yours at home, more will be provided for you at no charge.
Old March 16th, 2003, 07:42 AM   #3
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Candied out backpacks are usually allowed. You'll have to coat check anything that isn't small or candy.

Cameras are definately allowed in.

Water bottles aren't. Just about everything else is.

On this topic...I was almost stopped from bringing in my flower backpack...but then a more experienced security guard came to the rescue! and it was good...I was allowed in. I was also almost stopped from bringing in a slew of candy necklaces once...but then they were ok with it.

I think you can get away with bringing in most things. As long as you've got a smile and are adding to the hulla vibe its all good.
Old March 16th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #4
candypunk
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to candypunk
^^ haha i remember your star backpack Dave that thing is sweet, they let me bring my addidas backpack and its pretty big but not huge as long as its not anything extreme i dont think they care

PLUR

-Will
Old March 16th, 2003, 06:46 PM   #5
boobear3
Hullaboarder

cool i don't think my bags to big in medium size But I don't think I bringing my video camera anyway just casue I have to carry it and I want to actually dance. I'm smiling just thinking about finally going. I can die happy after going to hulla. But thanks for the help
Old March 16th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #6
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
i always have a shoulder bag i carry with me.
i have never HAD to check it..
i have been asked to many times, but explain that i need to keep it on me.. as long as you're firm, yet respectful to security, they are usually quite flexible with you too.

my normal strategy remains.. i have nothing to hide.. no drugs, no weapons, nothing i shouldn't have..

i always have anything remotely questionable in my hands before they pat me down, and show it to them.. make the search as easy as possible, and make sure to show them all compartments in your bag / clothes..

they like that

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old March 16th, 2003, 08:07 PM   #7
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
The bag-check policy is the Opera House's, but I've grown to like it since as crowded as it gets sometimes, you can imagine what a mess the place would be if there were hundreds of backpacks piled all over the venue as well.

Even if you check your bag, you're allowed to access it during the night to get things/put things away for no extra charge.
Old March 16th, 2003, 10:15 PM   #8
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
i have never had a problem with coat check..
but i still prefer to keep my bag on me when i can
just a sense of security to myself
Old March 17th, 2003, 05:56 AM   #9
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
That's true, I brought a bunch of glowstix with me and left them in my bag, and had no trouble getting it in and out of the coat check at will... although I eventually became lazy and just shoved a mess of them in my pocket (I keep randomly giving them away somehow).

I agree, Tranzit, when getting searched make it as easy as possible for security and all will be swell... do it with a smile and do what they say and they will be very nice about it. I've never done it any other way so I don't know if they would be mean or something if you don't make it easy for them, but it's possible.
Old March 17th, 2003, 06:04 AM   #10
Troile
Hullaboarder

It all depends on the security guard you get doing your search.

9 times out of 10 though you should get a nice one.

The one I had at the last hulla was the nicest security guard ever. He even got me to give him one of my ring pops Well...dude at heart attack was really nice too.

Somehow how nice the security guard is at the pat down makes a difference in my night.

I think its just cool to have really nice ones.
Old March 17th, 2003, 08:25 AM   #11
robotpilot
Hullaboarder

opra haus security are super-nice.

just show courtesy & respect.

Last edited by robotpilot : March 17th, 2003 at 08:27 AM.
Old March 17th, 2003, 09:27 AM   #12
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

most of them are pretty upbeat.

it's not until you are working with them that you actually see some of the shit they deal with.. on new years 2001 (the most significant of all occasions), i was working with a security company.. we were doing the sound/lighting, and i was kinda passed out on the back of the stage talking to one of the guards for most of the night as my bordem level was through the roof. None the less, she told me a lot about what she's seen/had to do in her years working, and some of the funny shit that's happened. I recognised her from a lot of recent raves and whatnot, but she was definately quite down to earth.

Sometimes it's kinda hard to see others (security, djs, promoters, etc) as "humans" too, when you are so caught up in being a spectactor...
Old March 17th, 2003, 05:58 PM   #13
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
if you tape a switch blade between your legs they normally never find it
well at least for me

guns, its best if you break it down, get one that can detach, and your best bet is you and your friends each take a peice in.

drugs, well thats what girls bras are for

jk
cept for the last part
Old March 17th, 2003, 06:46 PM   #14
SmaX
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to SmaX Send a message via Yahoo to SmaX
haha i hear that rob
and know dreams never die
somewhere deep inside,
somewhere deep inside me
i found the child i used to be
and i know its not to late
never too late
Old March 17th, 2003, 10:09 PM   #15
korremer
Hullaboarder

whats this about water bottles??? you cant bring yer own?? why not? WEEEEE im so excited
Old March 18th, 2003, 12:07 AM   #16
kandEgloBEAR
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kandEgloBEAR
Smile

Yay! I'm happy I could bring in a camera. Alot of the parties here, in SoCal, you're only allowed to bring in a digital camera (which I don't have). I'm just hoping my backpack will be allowed in...it is kinda small. I'm assuming security doesn't check shoes.
Old March 18th, 2003, 04:11 AM   #17
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

lol... you assume wrong. Tapping out the shoes is a complete ritual for me... I take my damn sweet time at it because it's fun and the security guards get amused when you dance with your shoes that you aren't wearing.

Ok, but don't do that. Just do what they ask.
Old March 18th, 2003, 09:21 PM   #18
korremer
Hullaboarder

what about the water bottles??? why arent they allowed in? is that arule for all places...?
Old March 18th, 2003, 09:34 PM   #19
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Most places won't allow water bottles for two reasons:
1. they want you to buy their water bottles.
2. There's no way for them to be sure that what's in the bottle is actually water and not vodka or kerosene or something.

But you can just buy one bottle at the beginning of the night and fill it in the bathroom sink.
Old March 18th, 2003, 10:09 PM   #20
boobear3
Hullaboarder

so many people In my town hate filling ther bottle sin the sink they think is dirty. So they buy Like 5 bottles of water It's just carzy to spend that much money on just water
Old March 18th, 2003, 10:24 PM   #21
korremer
Hullaboarder

how are the sinks at the opera house? and how are they at Comfort Zone?? these are the places i go... but i dotn know about sinks..
Old March 19th, 2003, 05:26 AM   #22
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by boobear3
so many people In my town hate filling ther bottle sin the sink they think is dirty. So they buy Like 5 bottles of water It's just carzy to spend that much money on just water

It's a convenient way for us Americans to dump all those loonies and toonies before we go home...we can't quite get around the concept of dollar coins.
Old March 19th, 2003, 05:36 AM   #23
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
^^^
contrary to that

when i have a pial of $1 bills when im in the states, i feel like im loaded and rich, meanwhile i have like 9 bucks
even just flipping a bunch of bills is decieving
Old March 19th, 2003, 05:50 AM   #24
Troile
Hullaboarder

The sinks are great at the opera house.

How you ever made juice from the can using your sink? Its like that only the water is probably better than your tap water.

Its nice and cold too.
Old March 19th, 2003, 10:57 AM   #25
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
There's nothing wrong with the tap water, even if the sink looks nasty just let it run for a minute and it will be clean enough. I've drank the water from some pretty disgusting bathrooms in long-abandoned buildings and never gotten sick, so I'm sure that any legitimate venue will have perfectly safe water.