User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 23rd, 2003, 10:49 AM   #1
abnormalcy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to abnormalcy
What do you think about the war?

As an American i feel cheated out of the freedom i've been promised. even my right to vote means nothing anymore. Yet, i still do it. The US government does not represent me in any way shape or form, yet i am hated by many for simply being born here. As a New Yorker, I am Scared Shitless. Orange alerts and threats of terror. I ride the Subways every week. I drive over the bridges. I cant leave my home without going throught NYC. This is my home, and it sucks that the decisions of other people make me feel unsafe here. I am a person. And I wish not to be catergorized with the people who started this war. My feelings and beleifs are completely seperate from those people in power that i did not vote for. I'm sure there are people in france who feel the same way.
abnormalcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2003, 10:59 AM   #2
abnormalcy
Hullaboarder

Yeah, So, i am really curious about how the Canadian kids feel about it.
Old March 23rd, 2003, 12:16 PM   #3
RaverPrincess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaverPrincess
Wow it is nice to hear an american's view on it since this is mainly a Canadian board. And I feel nothing but sympathy for those of you who have to deal with the fact that because of the actions of the few in power, the entire population of americans are being judged. And I also agree with you that it is unfair that he (Bush) is in power and he was not really voted in. I hope though that after this whole conflict that the citizens of the US will find a way to come together and fix that error in your electoral system.

As for the war, there are many many threads already that are talking about it but to sum up how I feel. I'm against it. There may be some facts that show reasonable cause for this war but when you look at it in a humanitarian way instead of simply politically I cannot justify this war to myself. However, whether any of us like it or not, it's happening and now we all have to just do what we can, as the future generation to lead these countries, to ensure that this doesn't happen again.

For me, this war isn't simply about politics, money, power, whatever - it's about the fact that there are human lives who will be forever changed because of the actions of the US and British governments. I mean more than just casualties, I mean the fact that they are going in there forcing this change on the people of Iraq and although this change will most definitely be good for them in the long run, is it not up to these people to make the change for themselves? I see nothing but years of turmoil and disorganization in the future for the people of Iraq and I pray to go I'm wrong about that.

It saddens me that if I ever have children, this is the world they are going to grow up in. Bush, Blair and all the other warmongers out there are shaping the world that our kids will have to live in.

Well man this sure turned into a rant. Sorry guys - just my own opinion based on nothing but my priorities and feelings on what I have heard and seen to this point.

Nadine
RaverPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2003, 07:43 PM   #4
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Old March 24th, 2003, 02:30 AM   #5
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
I think most of us are pretty dead set against the war.

I am.

-PV2 Ellis, US Army
Old March 27th, 2003, 02:55 PM   #6
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
I could care less about the war... doesn't affect me in any way... even if the war had nothing to do with America.. and rather two other countries... I still wouldnt care... even if the country at war was my home country... I prolly wouldn't care excess just cheer my country on to victory with a 'Go Team Go!' and wave some pompoms I steal from a school... fun!
Seizure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 04:29 PM   #7
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
well..
I think ppl need 2 jus not worrie..and those who are..i jus laugh!
if we are destined to die that wya, then we're GOING to die that way! So jus try to live EVER DAY OF YOUR LIFE!!

I also think THIS WAR SHOWS HOW MUCH WE
--HAVEN'T EVOLVED-- WHAT A SAD WORLD!
And the sadder thing is that..s+irt like this will NEVER stop

And one last statement
-->PPL SAY, "USE YOUR WORDS NOT YOUR FISTS"

That statement, has just been totally f+cked over!
Old March 28th, 2003, 02:08 AM   #8
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
For those who attempt to justify this war - leave "justifying" an invasion to the experts.

The Nazis.

The rest of us should know better by now. War doesn't solve problems.
DynamicHalfDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2003, 06:35 PM   #9
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

^^^ EXACTLY!!
PPL IN THIS F*CKIN WORLD JUS DON'T LEARN!!
==SIMPLE== ,
==DONE==
xRaVeRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 01:48 PM   #10
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

^^ see, no one can respond! or fight back ..b/c itz true!
Old April 5th, 2003, 02:50 PM   #11
.cocaine.raver.
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to .cocaine.raver.
i'm an american too. born in texas yet raised all over the globe. my entire life i have been proud to be an american and i continue to be today. i get jokes cracked at me all the time, but heyyy, i don't really care. (canada is a great place too) yet with this now developed war i feel ashamed for what my country (america) thinks it's doing. no really the country itself, but it's president and ppl in power. i completely understand bush's view but i think he's being an idiot. i am pro-war for i want to see my country on top, but the way he's going about things is ridiculous. i know 12-year olds who got more sense than him. he's being too obvious and nonchalant. personally, i have nothing against iraq and it's ppl, but saddam..u just gotta be kidding me that this man is breathing. and yess, i agree with the above that war doesn't solve issues, but i also believe that eliminating certain criminals betters society.
i hold new york very dear to my heart for the first time i travelled there was 3 days before 9/11 happened and i fell in love with manhattan. i went back last summer and seeing the site of the wtc my love only grew. i am not a new yorker, yet one day i hope to be, and for now all i can do is send out my dearest and most sincere sympathy for those who were touched personally by the terrorist attacks. when i saw the terror unfolding before our eyes that day i felt hurt in a way that i've never experienced before, and i can't even begin to comprehend what new yorkers must of felt.
canada has remained fairly neutral over the attacks on iraq and i am greatful for that for i feel a sense of security, yet i feel we owe it to america to support them. what i think really has no impact on what occurs, but i just want ppl to know that my heart goes out to them. america is a wondeful county, (trust me cause i know) and it is completely childish and immature that an entire nation be judged upon one man's decision.
in final thought, i hope there will be minimal casualties and victory for those who deserve it. all we can do is let time play out it's destiny.
.cocaine.raver. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 04:44 PM   #12
RaverPrincess
Hullaboarder

^^ wow - awesome post....
Like I've said before, it isn't the casualites of war that concern me so much as the aftermath. It is an unfortunate fact of war, there will be collateral damage. I think what will be most important is what the world does AFTER this war is over. For starters - get Bush the fuck outta the white house so he'll stop giving Americans a bad name. And second - let's actually get in there and help these Iraqi citizens like we promise. The US has a bad habit of not backing up their claims.
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:40 PM   #13
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

UN has lost its authority since US attack: Nth Korea
North Korea says it will never recognize any United Nations resolution regarding its nuclear programme, saying the world body has lost its authority because of the US attack against Iraq.

The statement came ahead of this week's UN Security Council discussions on the North Korean nuclear crisis.

The official Korean Central News Agency says North Korea will declare any UN resolution null and void.

The News Agency repeated a demand for a legally binding non-aggression treaty through direct bi-lateral talks with the Bush administration.
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:52 PM   #14
RaverPrincess
Hullaboarder

Legally binding through who, though? I mean, if N.Korea won't uphold anything the UN declares, then who is there to uphold this legally binding agreement?
Old April 5th, 2003, 07:34 PM   #15
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

1) BUSH IS A FUCKIN IDIOT! AND NEEDS TO LEARN NOT TO FUCK WITH PPL!!
2) AFTER ALL THIS BIG WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME! THEN WHAT?
WE'LL STILL HAVE OUR NORMAL LIVES, SO? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF HAVIN HUNDREDS OF PPL DEAD FOR "PEACE"
3) PPL SAY, OHH...GIVE MONEY BECAUSE......
SAY THAT TO YOUR FUCKIN LEADER!! BUSH IS SPENDIN YOUR TAX DOLLARS ON MILITARY KILLING ITEMS!!

...ohh, ya, PLZ ELECT BUSH AGAIN!! ==NEVER AGAIN==
Old April 6th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #16
abnormalcy
Hullaboarder

Serously, it really kills me that my taxes go to this shit. i dont mind paying taxes for things like the police, schools, hospitals.... but i dont want to work my ass of just so some corporations can profit by killing people and blowing things up. Did you know that dick chaney was the head of the oil company that is getting tax money to "clean up" the oil feilds in iraq. The sad thing is most americans are brainwashed so bush might really get re-elected. frankly it makes me want to puke.
And in the states, we wont have our normal lives. Theres gonna be massive unemployment because we have to pay for the war and everyone is cutting corners. The money from the oil they are stealing from iraq is going to a select rich few so. once again the country that is of, for and by the people...screws the people...in the waorst way then claims it to be in the name of freedom. gotta love the usa.
Old April 8th, 2003, 01:51 AM   #17
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Bush's approval rating as of 07 April 03, 1630 Eastern Time: 72%

That is fucking sick. We Americans really can't think for ourselves anymore.
Old April 10th, 2003, 05:16 PM   #18
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

AMERICANS!! PLZ FOR THE WORLD AND YOURSELVES!
--DO NOT ELECT THAT FUCKER (BUSH) AGAIN!! PLZ!!--

**I want future generations to live here to, but not with killers like Bush around and with this world in such denial and greed and selfishness..and so on..

-->Also on another issue, actually..Ill make a thread for that!<--

xRaVeRx
Old April 13th, 2003, 10:37 PM   #19
.cocaine.raver.
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to .cocaine.raver.
i wouldn't vote for bush. personally, i liked clinton. (and thanks for acknowledging my previous post so kindly) and now i would just like to mention one thing - i'm sure that by now we've all seen the footage of saddam's head being dragged through baghdad and although i'm not convinced that he's actually dead, i think that in the lucky chance that he is, he should be allowed to rest in peace. if in fact he really is dead, fine, good, it's time to move on. but personally, i think he has outsmarted the US once again and he's prolly hiding in a cave somewhere..with osama. but that's just my far out thought for the situation.
as much as i love the US, we talk a lot of shit. i don't know if it's like a system of brainwashing which makes americans think that no matter what they do it's gotta be the right thing just cause they're doing it. it's human nature that ppl make mistakes and take upon bad decisions. i just find it vain that no one seems to ever be able to fess up. i love my country, i always will, but u gotta be shitting me..cause no one is perfect.

Last edited by .cocaine.raver. : April 13th, 2003 at 10:39 PM.
.cocaine.raver. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2003, 11:36 AM   #20
SempaiMiles
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to SempaiMiles
Thumbs up i feel glad!!!

its finaly winding down and im glad the US went in and kicked Saddams butt! hes no longer a threat and the this could well be the start of total peace in the middle east!

-Miles

I love you Jen! I will always support you and NSS!
SempaiMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2003, 12:14 PM   #21
RaverPrincess
Hullaboarder

Or the start of complete chaos that the people of Iraq were not ready to deal with yet. And I mentioned this before about the war - just look at the US's track record for cleanin up their messes. It isn't too good. They go in there, all guns a blazin, and then say "whoa we aren't police, we don't know how to deal with looting" - then WTF ARE YOU DOING THERE?!?! I don't think the US is going to do any more than just put in another puppet government who will suit their needs and then move on to take over a new middle east country. This is SO far from over. The shit is JUST STARTING to hit the fan.
Old April 16th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #22
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

^^^ good point!! PPL IN IRAQ have been fucked with for 30 some-odd years! now its total chaos, and they're just letting out 30years f torment and pain and suffering!! The matter in Iraq shouldn't of been handled the way it did..cuz now look what happened? HOW WILL THYE EVER RESTRE DEMOCRACY OR W/E TYPE OF GOV'T THERE?! ..i realize they eventually will, but not anytyme soon!
***PEACE DOESN'T COME WITH MURDER***
Old April 17th, 2003, 12:53 AM   #23
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Peace in the middle east? Are you serious?
Old April 17th, 2003, 10:42 AM   #24
RaverPrincess
Hullaboarder

Yeah for like two or three thousand years now, there hasn't been peace in that region but WAIT! Here comes SUPER-AMERICA to the rescue and SOMEhow they will make it all better and everyone will be happy. YEAH RIGHT! There will never be total peace there. Their culture for the most part probably wouldn't allow for an "american" way of life. Their ways and their religions are much different than ours.
Old April 17th, 2003, 10:53 AM   #25
SempaiMiles
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to SempaiMiles
ya..I am

Quote:
Originally posted by pointy_sticks
Peace in the middle east? Are you serious?

Saddam WAS harboring terrorists, we now know that for a fact. By getting rid of him, many of the terrorists are on the run. Most of the poeple in the middle east live the way they do because of fear. This war should have shown anyone that. By removing all the safe places for the terrorists to hide, and getting rid of their threat, the people of the middle east will have no more reason to live in such fear. I feel that by defeating Saddam Hussiens government, and freeing the people of Iraq, we have shown the rest of the owrld that by working together, we can solve this issue and bring a long lost prosperity to this vital region of the world. I understand if you dissagree, and there are many vital counter-points to my stated oppinion, but I feel that this is the begining of the end for terror and war in that region.

-Miles(*whew*)
SempaiMiles is offline   Reply With Quote