The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Get Hype
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 29th, 2003, 03:10 AM   #26
Q-Pid
Hullaboarder

Don't knock drinkin outta the piss trough until you've tried it! That's some sweet unfiltered water right there my boy!

I wish I was a hundred feet wide...
Old April 29th, 2003, 04:20 AM   #27
kraver1981
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to kraver1981
Rachel I will always forever hate Long Island. j/k Actually I've only been there once[it reminded me of N. Jersey haha] and I never heard of "W. Babylon" so I assumed it was a hick town in Northern New York...not to say that there aren't hick towns on Long Island too. Isn't there a town called "Hicksville" or something like that out there?
Old April 29th, 2003, 04:32 AM   #28
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
This arguement is gayer than Rob.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old April 29th, 2003, 04:53 AM   #29
Poemi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Poemi Send a message via Yahoo to Poemi
yeah theres a stupid hicksville, and I dont know why but I never thought of it that way. Dont ask me why. (???)

It's not like I looooove long island or anything, I just hate it when people assume that everyone from there is crappy. I've got double shitty lived-in-that-place-ness going on. I was born in New Jersey! So after a while all the rude comments and generalizations start to irk me.

And I know you didn't mean EVERYONE from long island, but its just that, it's kinda perpetuating the stereotype.

And I totally agree that lots of people suck there (why I left), but people suck all over the place.

* dont worry neverlandgurl, I'm not mad or anything crazy, it's just that it sucks when people make the ewww face when you tell them where your from.
Old April 29th, 2003, 06:18 AM   #30
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
actually my final paper im writing for my doctorate in Ravology disproves the all-accepted fact that spinning jungle for 16 years makes you omnipotent....a lot of research went into this tho ,so you guys can take my word for it.....
by the way does the name of this thread remind anyone of the SNL skit where david spade, adam sandler and chris farley work at banana republic
( only knobs work at banana republic ,puddn ,sorry)
Old April 29th, 2003, 06:33 AM   #31
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
What is all this about? I must have missed the thread it started in...

It wouldn't be Hulla without Q-pid up there. I actually thought they paid him to do that (What a dream job). I think you guys may have missed something about the Hulla vibe... I encourage you to come back next time and meet some more people. I think you'll have a great time, if you let yourself.

On a related note... what's wrong with hicktowns in upstate NY?

I like my Eden, stoplight, Dairy Queen, 7,000 people and all.
Old April 29th, 2003, 08:16 AM   #32
abnormalcy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to abnormalcy
Long Island Represent!!! Yeah, it does suck down here, The attitude is pretty nasty, but thats why I live here, to cancel it all out. Seriously, Digital Outlaws was my first Hulla in Toronto. I remembered Q-Pid from WEMF. I thiHe's a great part of Hulla, I actually wonder if he'll be there, every time. How could you you have a problem with him? He's Hot, funny, and has a really cool leather jacket!!! What Happened to the Girl with the Matching Pink and blue fuzzy face outfit??
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:34 AM   #33
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
well.. it seems as though he's not replying..
my guess is two reasons..

1. he got banned... in which case there is a good reason for it
2. he obviously knows we're right, and can't figure out any other "well thought out" comments to make

either way, good riddance

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:42 AM   #34
renegade_emcee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to renegade_emcee Send a message via Yahoo to renegade_emcee

BATMAN!
Old April 29th, 2003, 10:00 AM   #35
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Re: hahahaha

Quote:
Originally posted by djmidnite
well dj transit ive heard much about you internet wannabe dj's
you have eh? it seems as though the reviews I am getting are all positive. ask anyone I gave a CD out to at Get Hype. that alone speaks for itself. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not desperate to get booked. Infact most times I refuse bookings as I DJ as a hobby, and it acts as "release" from daily stresses to me. That's where it starts and stops in my mind. I do it for the love of the music. Nothing more, nothing less.
Quote:
and if you question the validity of my opinion ill battle your newbie ass.
ok... great.. so we have a "battle"... whatever the outcome, will this make the winner right just because they are a better dj? No. That whole statement in itself is just childish and makes you look like a fool.
Quote:
have some respect for the real dj's.
I do respect real djs. People such as Frolic, Frisky, Dminus, and all the other fine hulla residents (not forgetting all the US and UK djs) have had my respect for years. I respect them for their hard work, dedication to the music, and great attitudes. It's not hard to list the good qualities about all these people, although I would challange you to find any noteworthy flaws in each one of them. You may be a DJ yourself. That's great. Hope thats working out for you, although I will say that if I was a promoter I would blacklist you. With an attitude such as this, I would never want to work with you, and be sure to spread the word that you are no good. Remember... no matter how good you can do something, people will hire someone else if your attitude sucks and you're a complete asshole. That life lesson is free.
Quote:
as for bat boy im sure you eat drum n bass djs for breakfast; cause your gay. its ok you can come out of the closet.
that's a great point. very valid. best thing I have heard all day. you must be a dj
Quote:
in this open minded world you wont be bashed as much as in the south. im just tired of all you kids acting like you know whats up. its funny to me.
let me guess.. you started the whole "rave" scene in north america right? You know what it's all about? I'll bet you were on the docks in Queens when Frankie Bones did his whole speach on P.L.U.R. right? You're old school, elite, and jaded (because it's ravecool). Should we all bow down and kiss your ass...

no.
you don't know what it's about. plain and simple. I can say that with backing, just from reading your posts. You come onto this board, and start to bash people. (No PLUR there). You think you're hot shit, and gods gift to music because you're a jungle dj (Great... that's just what the world needs... a cocky dj that thinks he's big time). That's been spinning for 8 years. (that must make you good... anyone who spins for 8 years is world class you know). You just seem like you want to pick fights. As I mentioned before, your attitude speaks for itself.
Quote:
so batboy. do your thing if you wanna prance around on a stage or in a crowd, just stay out of my way. thats it.
who said he was in your way?
Quote:
p.s. my girl need not get on stage....she has nothing to prove, and is not DYING for attention as YOU clearly are....she just came for the music, not to look like a dumbass.
well.. let me assure you that each time you make a post, she is looking like a dumbass. To stay with someone that has an attitude like your's is just plain nuts. Speaking of which, why can't she stand up for herself? Or are you controlling her?
Quote:
She'll leave that to you since you do a superb job at it! now go take another drink and flutter far far away!!
good closing.. adds a lot of validity to your point. Hold on.. you're a DJ.. so whatever you say IS valid. Being a "dj" myself, how should I ever forget such a golden rule. I must have left my DJ handbook in my other record crate. silly me.

I have nothing more to say outside of the fact that you need a good reality check, and I really hope we don't run into each other at any point, as I won't fight you, but trust me, you will look like a fool infront of eveyone that is around each time you open your mouth.
Old April 29th, 2003, 10:02 AM   #36
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

it's amazing how i can take a short paragraph post and pick each single sentence apart until there is nothing left of it eh?
Old April 29th, 2003, 01:45 PM   #37
Poemi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Poemi Send a message via Yahoo to Poemi
yeah, good job too!

And I totally agree with him speaking for her.

It makes them both look even more ignorant. (and who knew that was even possible)
Old April 29th, 2003, 02:38 PM   #38
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally posted by kraver1981
and I never heard of "W. Babylon" so I assumed it was a hick town in Northern New York
i'm from northern new york...what are you trying to say???
lol....i admit it, i'm from mootown usa...objectiview is right...
i am knob-tacular

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old April 29th, 2003, 02:39 PM   #39
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
. edit
Old April 29th, 2003, 02:40 PM   #40
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Quote:
Originally posted by DynamicHalfDuo
On a related note... what's wrong with hicktowns in upstate NY?

I like my Eden, stoplight, Dairy Queen, 7,000 people and all.
lol you and me timmy...we'll rock it out...DQ style
Old April 29th, 2003, 02:43 PM   #41
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
right on!! go paul btw, your cd is gooD i like the axel f track
Old April 29th, 2003, 02:58 PM   #42
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
So.

Who likes oral sex?

MCED
Old April 29th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #43
renegade_emcee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to renegade_emcee Send a message via Yahoo to renegade_emcee
LMAO!
Old April 29th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #44
grincoregenetix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to grincoregenetix
as much as i wanna say so much shit, i think i must refrain myself and delete the whole paragraph i just wrote. cuz honestly it's not worth it. obviously some people are stupid enuff to drive 10 hours to a party they are totally clueless about. he just made himself look like an asshole without me having to comment.

long islanders never cease to disappoint me. i'm from long island too and it just sux that most of the kids are exactly like this one. i try to defend LI and i can't even cuz for the most part my experience growing up here has been very negative. i suppose i travel to toronto to get away from it which is of course impossible.
ah well. fuck it. another asshole to make note of.

strange tho, i've never even heard of dj midnight. hmmmm are we lying??? or is that not even your dj name?

Last edited by grincoregenetix : April 29th, 2003 at 04:34 PM.
Old April 29th, 2003, 04:25 PM   #45
abnormalcy
Hullaboarder

You Go Sean!!!
Old April 29th, 2003, 04:37 PM   #46
grincoregenetix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to grincoregenetix
^^ aww thanx jordan.

I totally edited that one out tho. i'm too nice. but that kid's retarded. i have no doubt we've seen him at one of DJ ELLO'S parties
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old April 29th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #47
renegade_emcee
Hullaboarder

here this will cheer u all up
Old April 29th, 2003, 06:01 PM   #48
abnormalcy
Hullaboarder

Wow, i wasnt even pissed off and that cheered me up anyway!!!
Old April 29th, 2003, 06:02 PM   #49
kraver1981
Hullaboarder

^LOL @ renegade_emcee

But yeah this topic is dead and we are all retarded.

Old April 29th, 2003, 06:04 PM   #50
kraver1981
Hullaboarder

^LOL

But yeah this topic is dead and we are all retarded.