The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Stay Here Forever
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 6th, 2003, 10:30 AM   #1
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
And It Was Gooooooood

Yes oh yes. Thats what I have to say about that party.

Wow. The music was amazing. Soooo much cheese. My throat is sore from singing! It was awesome.

This was the best vibe I've experienced at a hulla.

It wasn't or maybe it just didn't seem as packed as it normally is...while not good for ticket sales I never felt clostrophobic....which is awesome at the opera house.

So many people I talked to and had cool encounters...so I was the guy with the chili peppers shirt, a flower headband and photons on my hands.

Tootles

I can still feel it...I'm not sure if I should dance in my room or go to sleep.
Old July 6th, 2003, 11:28 AM   #2
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
after a little 5 hour sleep, i am back up and probably going back to bed for an hour before work if i can manage it.

showed up at 11pm..
left at 3pm..
kinda seems like a short night... but i was pretty tired

all the sets were great as usual..
for some reason i definately got into the jungle this time. I am definately not one that enjoys it, but last night i was right into it.. probably because of mr friskys make shift mosh pit

none the less, would have loved to stay longer, but i realized that sleep is definately important, and even after getting some, i want more!

thanks for a great time everyone i met..
if you got a CD from me, you're one of the lucky 100+ people
Be sure to burn a copy for all your buddies!

-Paul

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old July 6th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #3
dj frisky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dj frisky Send a message via AIM to dj frisky
wow hard to believe that its been 6 years and the hullavibe is still going strong!
great party chris thanks for doing this for everyone.
Old July 6th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #4
DJ Wolf
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DJ Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Wolf
That was an AWESOME party!! One of my favorites by far! Incredible THANKS again to Chris, Robin, and the rest of the Hulla crew for an amazing job well done!
Old July 6th, 2003, 12:35 PM   #5
innerspace
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to innerspace
First I would like to say that this was an awesome party with great music and people. I will try to write a full review at a later point after I have had some sleep. I want to thank the guy that found and turned in my wallet (leather with stickers on it), with everything still in it! Only at a hullabaloo! would this happen. I really appreciate, I would not have been able to get back across the border without it. Send me a message so I can know who my new hero is. I also want to thank chris and robin for another kick ass event. Peace

-Sean
email: sme4740@rit.edu
Old July 6th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #6
innerspace
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to innerspace
First I would like to say that this was an awesome party with great music and people. I will try to write a full review at a later point after I have had some sleep. I want to thank the guy that found and turned in my wallet (leather with stickers on it), with everything still in it! Only at a hullabaloo! would this happen. I really appreciate, I would not have been able to get back across the border without it. Send me a message so I can know who my new hero is. I also want to thank chris and robin for another kick ass event. Peace

-Sean
email: sme4740@rit.edu
aim: rollanotherdice
Old July 6th, 2003, 02:36 PM   #7
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
good party indeed

the sets i enjoyed most were mr. wolf and frisky
good job guys

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old July 6th, 2003, 03:09 PM   #8
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
And it goes a little something like this...

Robin was very gentle taking my wristband Hullabavirginity, and let me tell you, it was better for me than it was for her.

Jarefox was in fine form in the warmup, and I was full of more butterflies than Mr. T is of middle fingers.

Wolfs set was probably my absolute favourite time on the mic in the 3 years I've been at this. His mixing was smooth, his track selection was killer, and I have NEVER played to such an incredible crowd. More on this later.

I boozed it up with the 19+ massif all the way through Silver1 (bangin'), Spinz (bouncin'), and Brisk (FUUUUUUCK!), and then joined the floor fillers for Frolic.

Frolic, your set was everything an Anabolic Frolic set should be- non-stop floor movers, monstrous anthems, and E-by-Gum made it Hullabaloo. I still haven't stopped smiling at that one. Brilliant.

Frisky, you never dissappoint- you've formed your own style, your own breed of happycore, and you're going far for a reason, and you proved it tonight. Gobstoppa was in fine form as usual- the energy he brings to the crowd is unbelievable.

Elixir, that Human Traffic track made me jizz in my knickers!

D-Minus, I was too tired to get past 15 minutes of your set, but I'll watch for the recording, and bounce in my car, garaunteed!

Shout outs:

K-spigga... my #1 groupie, KEMF promoter, and all around stand up fellow. It wouldn't be partying if you weren't there.

Wolf... Fucking brilliant. Gatecrasher by New Years!

Frolic... I can't thank you enough.... honestly...

Robin... I haven't seen you have this much fun at a party in forever and ever...

Jumper... nothing needs be said, I told you at the bar.

Gobstoppa... Same as above.

Mandy... no words are required! <3 <3 <3

KerOn... I KNOW you wanted fun fur on this one. I can see it in your eyes!

Darren & Caitie... I hope it was everything that lasting memories are made of!

Leah... *unf* You're my love and laughter, when skies are grey!

HM... dude, you constantly restore my faith that hardcore is alive and well!

Tranzit... you dodgy fuck, nice seeing you on this one!

Polina the Boy... no elbows, no kicking, no squirming, no drawing. Only happy vibes allowed!

Iris... <3 <3 <3 Hulla wouldn't be the same without you!

Jen & bizznatch... You guys always make my night- such happy vibes from every orifice!

Spunn & bizznatch... You were rocking out hard, and I was loving watching it!

2CB & Jimmyhoppa... great to see you both having a wicked fucking time!!!

Barrie Crew... finally we can keep in touch... mulletville won't know what hit it!!!

My memorable moments:

"It's the one, the only, Aaaaanabolic Frolic!"

"Each and every last posse, and every last crew
Sound off if you love the Hullabalooooooo!" *deafening noise* *Set You Free*

Seeing the ENTIRE venue, from top to bottom, front to back go utterly bonkers when Sunrise dropped.

Frolic & Robin dancing...

"Oi, Frisky & D-Minus are a couple of homos!"

I can't wait to hear the recordings, especially Wolf's lame excuse for a set, and also to see any and all party pics! wOOt!

MC Everybodies*InternationallyKnown*Daddy

Hot + Dirty
Old July 6th, 2003, 03:29 PM   #9
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
Awesome awesome night.

Big ups frolic for 6 wonderful years of hardcore.
Old July 6th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #10
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
i came.
i saw.

im gettin too old for this.

<----soooo sore.
Old July 6th, 2003, 04:09 PM   #11
d-MiNuS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to d-MiNuS
Talking

WoW. Great B-DAY Party! Congrats to Chris and Robin!

Nice see'ing everyone again. Its seems like its been quite some time. This has been one crazy week. Time for sleeeeeeep.

Like Shane said "im gettin too old for this"

My body is in desperate need of some R&R!

-D-MiNuS-
Old July 6th, 2003, 05:01 PM   #12
HappyHead
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HappyHead
Jealous and bummed I couldnt have been there I REALLY wanted to see E-By-Gum, but maybe I'll see him next time he retires hehehe....

But, congratulations Frolic on 6 years!! See you all in September!
Old July 6th, 2003, 05:08 PM   #13
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

I don't usually show up on the review threads but you know, this party was fucking amazing. That's all. As ED pointed out, I haven't had this much fun at a party in a really long time. I always enjoy our parties but this was crazy, it was totally off the hook. Thank you to everyone who came out and made the night what it was. Thank you to the Friendship Crew who got to the Opera House at 4 PM so they could blow up all those balloons and make the arch and cut the whistles and do everything else they do. Thank you to all the ravers who came to share this evening with us and especially thank you to the ravers who don't come partying anymore but made it out to this one for the sake of old times. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old July 6th, 2003, 05:15 PM   #14
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
and it wasnt on a squash court!
Old July 6th, 2003, 05:42 PM   #15
Lupyne
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Lupyne Send a message via Yahoo to Lupyne
For being my first Hulla....it couldn't have been better. Well, except maybe if I had worn more comfortable shoes, but that can be ignored.

Everyone's set was awesome.

Hello! to everyone I met, and I hope to see you at any future Hullabaloos I can somehow make my way to.
Old July 6th, 2003, 06:01 PM   #16
xSKaNKx
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to xSKaNKx
Thumbs up *tries to keep her eyes open*

Jeepers creepers Batman, I don't know where to begin!

Last night/this morning was fricken great!
I missed Jarefox, which really blows (why don't I know which bus to take?). I'm sure I'll catch 'em someday. I also missed the beginning of Wolf's set. But the part I did catch was GRReat! CHeeSe! Silver1 was amazing (as usual). DJ Spinz did a spiffy job as well. Brisk...Brisk blew my socks off - 4 times over! What a set...oi vey! Anabolic Frolic, Mr. Chris...wow. You never let me down (mind you last night was only my 3rd partie). Frisky was smokin'! Elixir's set was fucking amazing! I just wish I would have had more sleep the night before, 'cause I would have been bouncing off the walls for 'em. As for d-minus...good golly Donny, you know how to spin. Although I was about to pass out, I MADE myself dance for him. Donny is still my favourite Hullabaloo DJ (no offense to anyone else, I love you all too)! CHeeSe! But yeah, Donny's set was so great (as it always is) because everytime I looked up at him, he was smiling. He was having fun and showed it. Some DJ's, I've found that they don't express how much they're enjoying themselves. But d-minus, keep bouncin' and smilin' my friend! And lastly, when Donny spun "Heaven"...that was classic. He let it spin, completely untouched. I almost cried. There's just certain tracks that shouldn't be played with, just to give that proper effect, and Donny knew how to play it. LET 'ER SPIN!

Anyways, time for my shoutouts! Good grief...

Amber (system_raver), I wouldn't have made it there without you. Thanx for being my bus buddy! (I will pack less next time!)

Aries, my wife, I lobes you. Wish you could have been there for the whole night. But I'm glad that I got you hooked. I'll keep you posted on upcoming parties that I shall be attending. And thanks for letting me "crash" at your place See you sooner than later, I hope!

Mike, 'twas great to finally meet you love! You looked smashing! And thank you for the necklace, it was muchly appreciated! See you around darling!

Spunn, ah Spunn. Thanks for the hug (although I kind of attacked you, so you didn't have much of a choice - hehe). Again, I'm glad you enjoy the book, and you're passing it on to others. It really is a wonderful read. And thanks for the gum, I needed it! hehe See you sometime again!

Inna, 'twas nice meeting you again darling. You're one of the specific people that can instantly bring a smile to my face, because you're so cute, and you always look happy! Thanx!

Q-Pid...I won't even get started with you - haha. Thanx for the fun moments. No video footage will ever beat the Gnoming footage. Sorry I didn't watch the whole thing though. And yes, your pants will be mine.

Shaun, I MISHED YEW BABY! We have to hang out more! Thanx for the hugs n kisses. I lobes yew!

Deryk (sp?), you are one hot ass boi! I'm tellin' yah! Can u, Shaun and I have a 3-some!? hehe I joke, I joke. Anyways, nice meeting you, and sweety, the red was hotter on you than the blue.

Kelly, you're too cute! hehe And ur friend, with the red overalls that Deryk was wearing (I can't remember her name), she's fricken awesome too!

I don't remember the guys name, but he was wearing a white t-shirt, and had really short blonde hair. And some kandi too, of course. He was super righteous! He talked to me each time he saw me, and I poked him each time I saw him. He was very cool!

And well, that's it for now. I haven't gotten any real sleep since Friday. Ugh. Anywho, thanks for making Stay Here Forever such a memorable experience everyone! I love you all! Keep up the great work Robin and Frolic! (By the way, the dance...that was classic. So cute!)

HAPPY HULLAVERSARY!

ps: CHeeSe!

Last edited by xSKaNKx : July 6th, 2003 at 06:06 PM.
Old July 6th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #17
Toye
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toye
My first Hulla and my first TO party, defiantly the best party I've ever been too. No more Montreal for me.

Loved the music the second I got in there, the venue was attractive and there was air conditioning! Even though a lot of people didn't know it.

Never been to a party with such a good vibe and a friendly atmosphere, must've met and traded candy with 100 people, good suvinears.

So many Buffalo people, the only one I can remember is Greg at the moment but thats because he was the first person to give me a bracelet, yay.

DJ Snoop-e and all his friends, cool to meet you all, see you at WEMF, eh?

Hope everyone who got a pixie stick enjoyed them, some people asked me if it was drugs, heh. :P

I met this one big thug looking guy, his first party/hulla and he promised he'd never listen to Eminem or go to a club again, woohoo for Hulla!

For anyone who remembers me I was in leopard fun fur pants, white t-shirt, lots of candy, leather collar with a d-ring, white visor with a smiley face on it and a meowth backpack.

Cheers! Happy Hulla!
Old July 6th, 2003, 06:41 PM   #18
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Some thugs are just bottled up teddy bears inside.

I <3 meeting candy thugs. Its so awesome.
Old July 6th, 2003, 07:04 PM   #19
4am
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to 4am
My god last night could not have been more perfect

The music was a perfect mix of stuff I knew and loved and stuff I'd never heard before and loved all the same It kept me dancing as much as my body would allow and then some, sure, I'm sore now but it was worth it!

I was feeling the vibe heavily all night, it was euphoric. Stay Here Forever was so much better than Get Hype (not that Get Hype was bad, Stay Here Forever just happened to rock my socks). Met sooo many new people, met a bunch of old ones, so yay to that! Got me a new bunny (thanks to the Bunny!) and a teddy (yay friendship crew?) and then Wolf and Frisky's CDs (both of which I'm listening to right now). Wow, just wow. I can wait till the next Hulla in September

Shoutouts: Everyone who met me, you know who you are, it was super meeting you all, I just don't feel like putting up the names (partially cause I don't remember some of them and I dun wanna make anyone feel left out).

>I made this!<
Old July 6th, 2003, 07:18 PM   #20
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
dminus ended it perfectly with that heaven(candlelight remix?) track
Old July 6th, 2003, 07:36 PM   #21
4am
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to 4am
^^^^ I fully agree with you, that was just amazing (nice seeing you again btw)
Old July 6th, 2003, 08:13 PM   #22
GreatBigMouth
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to GreatBigMouth
I will try and keep this as coherant as possible considering i still havent slept yet. I had such an AMAZING time last night. I met soooo many kickass people and the music just couldn't have been any better. And meeting silver1 was just the bomb ass shizzle...He is the man...

Ill do a shout-out section later when I am more rested...
wait..
S-M-A-R-T
Old July 6th, 2003, 08:37 PM   #23
craven kandi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to craven kandi Send a message via Yahoo to craven kandi
There is really nothing more I can say that hasn't already been said, but I'll try....ready? 4th time is a charm, it was my 4th and favorite party! the music was great, and finally found out what everyone was talking about the atmosphere. I met lots of cool peeps and had a fan fucking tastic time! I was wearing the anti-mtv shirt, so if you met me, get back at me kids. Hope to see you all at another 6 year bday party!
Old July 6th, 2003, 09:18 PM   #24
Snoop e
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 23 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Snoop e Send a message via MSN to Snoop e Send a message via Yahoo to Snoop e
DUDE THERE IS A RAVE GOIN ON!!!!!!!!!!!

i have no idea where to start... so i will start with this... AWESOME fuckin party... that was tha best!!!! ... i met sooo many awesome people there... first time rave, first time hulla, or first time cookie eatin (you kno what im talkin about) ... but anyways... it was really nyce to see some of my friends there to...

Dave and Teva are tha best...
Shaun it was really good to see you again also...
Amber i still miss you ...
Toye it was awesome to meet you
MC Everybodies Daddy it was great to meet you man
oki thank you for tha ride kid... i wouldnt' be there without you
Everyone at Days Inn... it was awesome friday night
TEAM ASS (ainsley+jenn) you 2 are great

if i forgot everyone im sorry... im just not all here today

Check me out on MySpace.
Old July 6th, 2003, 09:24 PM   #25
Snoop e
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 23 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Snoop e Send a message via MSN to Snoop e Send a message via Yahoo to Snoop e
sleep???? what tha hell is that hahaha... im a rave machine