The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Fires in the Sky
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 23rd, 2003, 01:19 AM   #51
DJ Cheddar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Cheddar Send a message via AIM to DJ Cheddar
OMFG That was an awesome hulla!!!! I was soaked head to toe in sweat and I can't even count the times I danced until I could barely stand!!! Hope to see ya all at Enchanted!!!!
Old September 23rd, 2003, 01:34 AM   #52
beet_freek024
Hullaboarder

caresieB dont worry you were cute too and i was already freeking out...nothing short of hardcore could have freaked me out...
FREEK OUT! ...see me climb as high as i can go, looking down on people far below, you can live a secret fantasy, take a magic carpet ride with me!!!!!!

BEET FREEK MYSPACE
Old September 23rd, 2003, 05:01 AM   #53
dexyl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to dexyl
not enough people mentioned mannik and saiyan...phenomenal in the opening timeslot...bsides that...everyone has said everything else...amazing sets all nite...packed full of great peeps that would take forever to list...hulla at its finest

why cant dec 6 come sooner, hehe
Old September 23rd, 2003, 12:56 PM   #54
robotpilot
Hullaboarder

thanks to all of you, FITS was an amazing night.

i don't even have the words (nor, i think, do david & lyndsey (^_^) to articulate how fantastic this party was...

good times...can't wait for more \(^o^)/

xo teva
Old September 23rd, 2003, 01:56 PM   #55
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
had an amazing amazing time!! i enjoyed bringing my new boyfriend to the party he really liked it and he's not much into hardcore

to everyone thanks for making my night like my first hulla all over again
Old September 23rd, 2003, 02:52 PM   #56
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

Where to start... I had the time of my life!!! Such a good party! What a way to celebrate my b-day! Cheers to all the ppl that make these evenings possible. Promoters, DJ's, and the massive!

Now to get Frolic to book me as an opener....
Old September 23rd, 2003, 06:46 PM   #57
Baron420
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Baron420 Send a message via AIM to Baron420 Send a message via Yahoo to Baron420
Wow what a party. Well, thanks to everybody for making the 16 hour drive from and back to North Carolina worth it. It rained the whole fucking way, except in Canada. It was my girlfriend's first rave, and she was planning come back up the whole ride back.

peace,

baron
Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:06 PM   #58
candykates
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to candykates Send a message via MSN to candykates Send a message via Yahoo to candykates
i remember meeting you! i cant for the life of me remember what you look like, but i *DO* remember meeting someone from NC. wicked!

tell me, am i right to think that there could be nothing better...?
Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:14 PM   #59
Race 2 Da Beat
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Race 2 Da Beat
Quote:
Originally posted by Xphox

Kelly (remember?) *snickers*

Know why I don't remember you? (Well, I remember your face and all, but name wise)

BECAUSE I CAN'T PRONOUNCE IT!

I want to say "Hi X-Box!!" but I didnt because I thought it would be disrespectful!

Kelly
Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:35 PM   #60
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
I met you guys i think! You came and borrowed my friend seans NC hat!

Carrie
Quote:
Originally posted by Baron420
Wow what a party. Well, thanks to everybody for making the 16 hour drive from and back to North Carolina worth it. It rained the whole fucking way, except in Canada. It was my girlfriend's first rave, and she was planning come back up the whole ride back.

peace,

baron
Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:53 PM   #61
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
wow... i thought i was blown away at my first party "get hype"... FITS kicked its ASS soooo hardcore! FITS rocked my socks all night, this has definitely been my absolute faveorite party! i didnt miss anything that i didnt wanna miss and the night went PRETTY smoothly
i got to f*ck the hell outta my voice when tyco n psyk were playing, ESPECIALLY PSYK!!! i cant speak above a certain tone or else i sound like a 14 yr old boy XD
Frolic, i really really enjoyed how ya played a bit of a harder set, from the get go, i was like, whoa, hell ya frolic! and ya heard it from me later ^_^ and fok ya for playing Lost Generation, i SO lost it when i heard it!!! XD i had anuther lil 'spiritual' moment again during that
mannik n saiyan, i missed half yer guys set, but ya guys were rockin!
twitch and satori? for trance, ya guys were pumpin, thanks for not frying the vibe like past trance sets have XD
Scott Brown was amazing, i was soo rockin it during his set!
Mr Donnie D-Minus, ya were roooockin, such a fun set! and i had to get up when ya played that house track. these guy n girl kept on egging me on to dance as hard as i could during yer set... and i really did, you and raoul made me dance the hardest! XD
SOS was rockin again, frisky was fun, it was hillarious wantching ya chomp that cigar as ya spun. heard ya were preeetty far gone XP and silver1, yer set kept me bouncing till tha end yo! ^_^

as for people ooooh man! so many people! i had so many guys come up and be like, "OKI!!!!!!!" and most of you... i really had no clue who ya were (but i recognized a lot of your faces, some of you i figured out as the night went on where i'd metchya, so dont all of you worry too much)... im sorry! but i seriously had bout 15 diff guys run up to me SO excited. i almost accidentally stole one of your PLUR books cause the security guy was being harsh in the lobby! im glad i found you! but ill learn you peeps soon enough, dont worry! im just bad with names
but cheers out to the newbs i saw throughout the night, especially bullfrog and jen!! all the way from florida! did i scare ya guys with my driving to the airport though....? XD
shout outs to too many people! but those i can spit off the top o my head, ALL the buffalo crew (specially my lil bro n leahchan!), all the syracuse kids i saw that i met at rev it up, and o course the original syracuse kids XD (yeay sunny n court!), ALL THE MICHIGAN KIDS THAT CAME! oh my god, there were SO many of you! it made me happy, yeay for michiganders! shout out to my UUK homeboy snoop!!! the pittsburgh crew, jersy jenn and her new boi, yeay for getting ta see ya again poemi, this time a bit more in depth, hell ya to all the goodfellaz crew! you know you rock me like almost no other! XD seizure, i need a pic of you, i need to reconnect a face to yer name, cause i hardcore remember meeting you, i just like remembering whatchya look like for future reference.
oh god, i cant go on, too much to say! there is so much more, so just... HEY TO ALL THE HULLACREW!

peace love unity and respect, hugs out to you all,
- oki ^_^

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~
Old September 23rd, 2003, 09:07 PM   #62
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to dianejapa Send a message via AIM to dianejapa
i'm in a lazy no-typing mood... i had fun... lol
Old September 23rd, 2003, 11:56 PM   #63
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally posted by okidam
all the syracuse kids i saw that i met at rev it up, and o course the original syracuse kids XD (yeay sunny n court!)

close but no cigar
sorry i have to give respect to the syracusians who came before me and court

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:16 AM   #64
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
Hullabaloo...wow... as usual.

First off, I am so glad I got to the lineup early so that I got into the venue in time for most of Saiyan and Mannik's set because HOT DAMN guys... honestly one of the best Hulla sets I've heard. You guys belonged on that stage.

Then Tyco and Psyklone... hearing Gabbereen at a Hulla fulfills a lifelong dream I didn't even know I had Wicked, wicked set, everything we've come to expect from the Goodfellaz crew.

Frisky, you never fail to impress me... your track selection is consistently able to get me up and dancing, even when I've got bronchitis and haven't had a single beer (me without beer is rare, believe me!). Looking forward to seeing you booked internationally, even if it is going to be hell driving to England for your set.

Scott Brown... this is the 2nd time I've seen you, and the 2nd time I've been blown away by your performance. You truly are one of the kings of hardcore, and a large part of the reason that hardcore is making such astounding strides lately.

Frolic... you bring us Hullabaloo. If you had done nothing else that would be amazing, but you played a hot set too. Thank you doesn't begin to go far enough.

Donny Minus... I may be able to outdrink and outfight you but you are one of the best damn DJs on the planet, and you keep improving every time I see you. Toronto is lucky to have you, even though I'm sure we'll have to share you with the world scene soon enough.

SOS... Jim may have some choice things to say about hard trance and lemonade, but that was bangin'. Anyone who can get me to dance to trance without a beer in my body is worthy of respect. *thumbs up*

Silver1... what a hell of a way to wrap up the Hullabaloo... that party didn't stop until the lights came on, the sun came up, and security rolled us on out of there... a damn fine set that got me and 600 of my closest friends up and dancing.

To all the MCs, particularly Everybodies Favourite... my first party was Digital Outlaws, and that was the day I first decided that MCs can take a really good set and make it outstanding. You guys prove that theory time and again. Mike, take care over there and we all look forward to having you back, safe and sound and ready to party.

To the friendship crew... it was nice finally meeting most of you, and being able to put faces to names. Thank you for the "special" stamp, although (and this is my fault for not finding you near the stage) I STLL don't have a Hulla stamp You guys help make Hulla the special event it is, and for that I thank you on behalf of the thousands of people whose lives you've helped change. Myrana... I hope you like the Playdoh.

To the border guard... who stopped me on the way back, searched my bag, asked me how the rave went, played with some of my kandi, and then waved me through with a smile... thanks for understanding that we aren't so evil after all.

And last, but most assuredly not least, the hullabaravers themselves... in all my life, I've never met a group of people so amazing, accepting, intelligent, friendly, and compassionate. The music is astounding... the dancing is awesome... but it's the people that keep bringing me back. I savour every minute I spend in Toronto with you guys, and when I talk about friendship, it's the ravers that are on my mind. Thanks for being special, and proving to me that my faith in humanity isn't misplaced.

And one final addendum... to my special one... though this time we may have been forced apart by medical considerations, you may be sure that we will make up for lost time in the future. You remain my one true love... Labatt Blue. *melt*
Old September 24th, 2003, 12:04 PM   #65
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally posted by DynamicHalfDuo

And last, but most assuredly not least, the hullabaravers themselves... in all my life, I've never met a group of people so amazing, accepting, intelligent, friendly, and compassionate. The music is astounding... the dancing is awesome... but it's the people that keep bringing me back. I savour every minute I spend in Toronto with you guys, and when I talk about friendship, it's the ravers that are on my mind. Thanks for being special, and proving to me that my faith in humanity isn't misplaced.

w0000t soooo true, I keep coming back again and again to toronto and its the people who keep me coming back, the hulla atmosphere, is just phenomonal
Old September 24th, 2003, 03:38 PM   #66
Xphox
Hullaboarder
Penguin Bashing Champion! High Score: 3235 

Send a message via ICQ to Xphox Send a message via MSN to Xphox
Quote:
Originally posted by Seizure

Gah? What the... Did I meet you at hulla? I don't recall, don't think I did!

Well, I guess you could have forgotten about the conversation we had about brining my sister Dawn to a hullabaloo, or the multiple times you kept asking me what time it was, or the hours you spent ripping up the dance floor next to me. I guess I'm easy to forget!

And the converstation about how I told you, the picture you have of me, and you that you keep posting is the worst picture of me ever, because I was dumb, and decided to tuck my shirt in that night... Why oh why, did I do that..

If you don't remember now.. then I give up. *crys*

L8r!
Old September 24th, 2003, 03:45 PM   #67
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
^^^^^ Oh! You shoulda just said so in the first place!
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:05 PM   #68
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Quote:
And one final addendum... to my special one... though this time we may have been forced apart by medical considerations, you may be sure that we will make up for lost time in the future. You remain my one true love... Labatt Blue. *melt*

That brought a tear to my eye. *snif*

Old September 24th, 2003, 08:19 PM   #69
Eric, Flat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Eric, Flat Send a message via Yahoo to Eric, Flat
Quote:
Originally posted by Baron420

peace,

baron

Baron, you and your girlfriend deserve a lot of credit, driving through a hurricane to get to Hulla! We met you in the basement...we were the really OLD people...
Hullabaloo's amazing. We've been partying for 4 years, and reminded me of what it was like when we first started. Can't wait to come back.
Of course, there was lots of awesome hardcore, but Twitch & Satori were very impressive. Really interesting set.
Old September 24th, 2003, 08:33 PM   #70
Baron420
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Baron420 Send a message via AIM to Baron420 Send a message via Yahoo to Baron420
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, Flat

Baron, you and your girlfriend deserve a lot of credit, driving through a hurricane to get to Hulla! We met you in the basement...we were the really OLD people...
Hullabaloo's amazing. We've been partying for 4 years, and reminded me of what it was like when we first started. Can't wait to come back.
Of course, there was lots of awesome hardcore, but Twitch & Satori were very impressive. Really interesting set.

Hey, I remember you guys. You go to the Muny and the Asylum. I remember partying at those places.

peace
Old September 25th, 2003, 11:05 AM   #71
Squibbles
Hullaboarder

well I've finally gone through this entire review thread. And my review for the party, well all I have to say is WOW!

best_rave_ever

I came from Ottawa with my friends Robb Pepertree, Anatoli, and Tasha and omg! what an amazing night! I don't even know where to start!

We weren't quite sure where the Opera house was because I had only been there once 2 years ago for iDance, but we found some very nice ravers who helped us on the way, whoever you gals are, thanx!

shout outs to the Ottawa crew who was there: myself, Robb Pepertree, Anatoli, and Tasha! it was cool when I asked MC Gobstopper to give a shout out to the Ottawa crew during Scott brown's set and he did

shout out to Will & Amy! I love you guys so much and glad I ran into you at Hulla!

shout out to Peter (belladonnakillz) who came out! awsome seeing you again buddy! you must come back to Ottawa and play my piano again

thanx to the Friendship crew for the This is Hullabaloo cd! omg! best cd ever! I havn't taken it out of my diskman yet cause its so damn good!

This night was so wonderful and magical in SO many ways, the music, the crowd, the candy kids, just everything made it the most incredible night ever! I was losing faith in raving because of the way the Ottawa rave scene is, but then going to this Hullabaloo totally changed everything for me and gave me more faith!

sets of the night:

Scott Brown: HE IS A GOD!!! truly a memorable set and it was SO worth it seeing you for my first time at a Hullabaloo! I got to meet him and get my picture taken with him.

D Minus: never ceases to amaze me! I always love your track selection and you made me go COMPLETLY NUTS when you played TIll the Day (my all time favourite track next to Follow Me)

Anabolic Frolic: you made my night when you played Follow me by Force & Styles! next to Till the Day! best track ever and I FLIPPED when you played it! and then you blew me away by playing MORE force & styles and Field of Dreams! also, Fires in the Sky, that's also one of my new favourite tracks now! I can't stop playing it!

Silver 1: I missed your set because we left right after D Minus but I got to see you in Ottawa the week before playing a classic anthem/hhc set at Ascension 2! Ottawa was spoiled that night even though it wasn't a huge turn out

Anyways, there is so much more that I want to say but I think this review is already long enough ( can't remember the last time I wrote a review this long)

I will DEFINATELY try and make it out for Enchated on December 6th because Hullabaloo's are TRULY THE BEST RAVES EVER!

peace
Squibbles
when we look at modern man we have to face the facts, that modern man suffers from the kind of poverty of the spirit which stands in glarring contrast to a scienctific and technological abundance we learned to fly the allied birds we learned to swim the seas like fish and yet we havn't learned to walk to earth as brothers and sisters.
PLUR
Old September 26th, 2003, 03:59 AM   #72
DJ Cheddar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Cheddar Send a message via AIM to DJ Cheddar
Quote:
Donny Minus... I may be able to outdrink and outfight you but you are one of the best damn DJs on the planet, and you keep improving every time I see you. Toronto is lucky to have you, even though I'm sure we'll have to share you with the world scene soon enough.

I love D-Minus...(lol)
Old September 26th, 2003, 11:57 AM   #73
Xphox
Hullaboarder
Penguin Bashing Champion! High Score: 3235 

Send a message via ICQ to Xphox Send a message via MSN to Xphox
Quote:
Originally posted by Race 2 Da Beat

Know why I don't remember you? (Well, I remember your face and all, but name wise)

BECAUSE I CAN'T PRONOUNCE IT!

I want to say "Hi X-Box!!" but I didnt because I thought it would be disrespectful!

Kelly

lol, you and everyone else..

It's pronounced ssssssfox...

I get Xbox, ex-fox, all bunch of varities.. I'll pretty much answer to anything but a punch in the face
Old September 26th, 2003, 01:38 PM   #74
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
lol how do you get sssssssssfox from "xphox"?...the fox portion makes sense, but the "sssssssss"?

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old September 26th, 2003, 02:57 PM   #75
psyklone
Hullaboarder

Xena?

Xylophone?

Go back to bed, sicky!