The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Enchanted
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 8th, 2003, 11:44 PM   #76
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1
Quote:
Originally posted by Xphox

Kelly and Jessy: OMG, I'm gonna XBOX u! *snickers*

Keron: Hmm... maybe one time we can actually have an interesting conversation, instead of me running away from you! Hah. Hopefully you don't take offense to that, cause it wasn't intended... I'll shut up cause I'm not making sense. *shakes head* Your name is XBOX?... His name is XBOX.. your name is XBOX. Ahhh!

Nick

haha yes dude, i agree! we have to actually talk sometime rather than have the normal " hi " then run away
Old December 9th, 2003, 12:21 AM   #77
Potoroo
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to Potoroo Send a message via Yahoo to Potoroo
Awesome Hulla! It was my second time out, and it's true! Hulla is like curry...it gets hotter with each moutful

Thanks to everyone there, I hope to see you all again in February! Especially the furs...we must grow in numbers

Robin!! Thanks for the Roo!! It's getting along well with my other kangaroo plushies

ps. I was the guy in the Evangelion shirt and the pink mohawk Hopefully next Hulla I'll be more...kangarooish
Old December 9th, 2003, 02:52 AM   #78
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to dianejapa Send a message via AIM to dianejapa
it would have been a great party for me if....

#1. the guy who drove me up could actually drive. he was jut a really bad driver at night, let alone in the blizzard coming out of nyc. and he was tired and it took us getting into two car accidents before he would pull over at a rest stop and sleep for a few hours. we fucking hit the siderail and a fucking semi! a huge ass truck! and i dont mean that was like an ice thing, he started driving a little off the road and we went on those bumpy noisy things that are on the sides and tehn he realized he was going off the road so he pulls back into the lane without even looking behind him tosee if anyone as coming and he dorve right into a semi! miraculously, we did more damage to teh truck than it did to us, and no one was hurt. but that had potential to be really really bad. the siderail problem was at least an ice problem, i think he was just falling asleep tho... so yeah, i'm a little leary about taking rides from people i dont know well now.

#2. Because of all the accidents and general stress, i didn't sleep a wink the whole night. the night before i was up with school stuff and only got about four hours, but i figured that would be okay because i could get quite a few hours in the car. i was never so wrong in my life. after the driver was finally convinced it wasnt safe for him to drive he finally let erika drive, so i stayed awake the whole time keeping erika company while he slept. so by the time i finally got to the party, i was completely beat. it was great to see my friends and stuff, but it took a long time for me to get up teh enrgy to really dance. after a while of forcing myself to stay awake and dance because id been thru hell to even get there, i finally got my second wind and was able to dance.

#3. the smoke!!! i thought you couldn't smoke in the opera house!? usually you see some people smoking anyways, but that night it loooked like fucking everyone in the place had a cigarette in their hand. the air was like a big cloud. i have mild asthma and usually smoke doesn't bother me, but the air was just full of smoke! so every breath i took in was full of smoke too... and after a while i just couldnt dance anymore when i realized hwo heavy my chest felt and that i couldnt even get a full breath of air into my lungs. like i said, my asthma is really mild and i never relaly had a problem with it and i hadnt used my inhaler in weeks, so it wans't in my bag, it was on my desk at home. so i went down in the hall near the guys bathroom with two of my firends because it wasnt smokey down there, and i thought htat maybe if i took a break for a while things would get better but they didnt, and i definitly could breathe and thought i was going to pass out, so my friend leah got one of the medics and they had an inhaler i could use, and all was well after a little while. i did find them later in the night and use it again too when things started looking bad again to head it off before it got to the point it was before

#4. taking the greyhound home... i wasn't planning on spending that much money, but my safety came first, so i hitched a ride back to buffalo with my friends from home and took the greyhound from there back to nyc. my mom was against me going this time from the very begining, but she said she'd reimburse me for half of the bus ticket if i wrote her a little essay about five things i've learned from the whole thing.. lol

those are really my only complaints. the party itself was totally great. i jsut wish that it wasn't such a high stress/no sleep weekend so i could have just enjoyed it. but apparently that wasn't going to happen this time. oh well tho! i still had a lot of fun, maybe not my usual amount of fun, but i'm still glad i got there, and there's always next time
Old December 9th, 2003, 05:47 AM   #79
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Since I have a little more time right now... *work is pretty boring @ 4am* I'll write my lil review of the night

First off, this was supposed to be ONE KILLER weekend party with my JaMGiRL and my cuz Sputnik. We had planned on getting a room @ the h0j0. JaMGiRL and I really didn't want to spend tooooo much $ because we needed groceries and stuff but decided...what the hell it's HULLA! We can starve ourselves for a week So that was the plan. We ended up reserving the room and was told of the 50$ charge for canceling. We thought, "no way are we going to cancel". After all that.. what happens; The Cheeze party got cancelled!!!! We were soooo looking forward to that. Since that got cancelled there was no need to show up on Friday. We knew it could be cheaper to split the 50$ charge 3ways and show up to the Opera House Sat night for Enchanted and leave early Sunday morn after the party. Well...this wasn't the case. My cuz wanted to sleep before driving home, meaning jamgirl and I didn't have a choice in the matter. We forked over the $ and got the room for Sat night. The only time we used it was to get ready before the party. We didn't even see the room after for more than 15mins. Waste of $ if you ask me. Ah well.. it's over.

Besides that, the night was AMAZING!

I couldn't believe the line up @ the door when we got there around 8:30. There was like 10people!! Was nice to see them letting people in early because of the cold weather.
Transit'z set absolutely rocked. Woohoo got a cd *now just need to find it :P * Of course everyone else rocked too.. but I think he may have been my fave of the night.
Hullaboard Meet : I know the meet @ the bar at 12am is never really organized well..but hopefully next time it is :P
Balloon Issue : Ok, ok.. I know everyone loves those flying balloons in the air.. tossing them up and hitting them again on their way down.. YAY!! great fun cept ONE THING. Why do they ALWAYS land on my head :P Do I have some electro-static thingy-ma-jig on my head? I post to ban all balloon use :P jk.
Enchanted was my 3rd "Hulla" party and it seems to get better each time. The vibe that everyone gives off is like no other. I think JaMGiRL said it best in her post. Something like "Only @ Hulla do you see a group of strangers sing Happy Birthday to a gurl they don't even know"
To all the wonderful people I got to meet over the course of the night. You guyz/gurls always make the party for me. Of course I look forward to seeing some g00d DJ'z and MC'z rock the house.. but I go for you. You all have such a wonderful heart and wear it well on your sleeve.
Kandijunglegurl ;
Hope you had a blast @ your first Hulla. Happy 24th b-day again
Frolic ;
Nice of you to sign my book, since I’m always signing yours :P
xphox ;
You told me to call you if I’m ever in Windsor :P Wish I could put a face to the name again
Jill & Jared ;
You guyz rock. Was nice meeting some old friends of Denise. You accepted me with open arms. Thanks.
RaverBunny ;
I don't believe you're on this board, but I'd like to get your email somehow. You were a super cool gurl with rabbit ears :P We have a picture together on my page. Hope you enjoyed the light show :P
Kendall ;
Sweet gurl Enjoy the flashy ring. Hope to see you again.
Jebby182 ;
London Represent! hehe Your awesome gurl. Was funny to see you surprised that I still had the Blink bracelet you gave me @ Get Hype. And how weird was that! You ask me what my fav colours are, and I respond with "blue, orange and green" What do you pull out? A bracelet with those exact 3 colours NIIICE.
JaMGiRL ;
What can I say about you..you're the best. Thanks for getting me into the party scene. I'm so happy to be a part of it with you.
*high-five greasemonkey*

Sorry if I missed some people I'll get you next time hehe.

Such a great night...can't wait for the next!!

PeAcE All!!

*Pix*
Enchanted - Link #1
Link #2 - goes down alot..not much bandwidth allowed.

*Colin*

Last edited by TrYpPy : December 9th, 2003 at 06:09 AM.
Old December 9th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #80
kneeling
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to kneeling
KERON IS LOOKING SEXY THAN EVER! AHAHAH uhmmmm i liek to say i met the most amazing guy at HULLA! i miss him so much! but i got his digits so its all good!!
Old December 9th, 2003, 01:14 PM   #81
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1

* lol *

thanks Jess
Old December 9th, 2003, 04:31 PM   #82
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Speaking of the hullaboard meet... whatever happened to that? I went upstairs around 12:05 for roughly 5-10 minutes.. and I didn't know ANYONE... at least at FITS I knew like 10 people... this time it was NO ONE... probably cuz everyone was downstairs during Marcus' set
Old December 9th, 2003, 04:54 PM   #83
uk_baby
Hullaboarder

well seeing as I missed about 95% of the party.. lol.. I ended up staying at guvernment till like 4 00 and I was completely wasted and I managed to get my friends to go to hulla before it was over and I had problems with the security guard so that took me another 15 minutes arguing with him.. I finally got in and the music was soundin good... so I walked around for a bit.. and from what I can remember met a few incredible people.. left hulla at like 5 or 5 15 cuz i was getting pretty sick .. but .. overall hulla seemed preetty good and Im gonna make it for the WHOLE party next time

-Page

MSN Messenger: blonds_bite@hotmail.com

~P·A·G·E~
Old December 9th, 2003, 05:26 PM   #84
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
^^^x2 that's why I missed the hullaboard meet...I don't think i'm alone in saying that if the music's good, I'll skip the board meet and see y'all around on the dancefloor

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old December 9th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #85
*MoonDancer*

Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
Saturday.. I woke up with a killer sore throat ( i still have it- boo)
I really shouldnt have gone to hulla since this week is exam week and ive got more stuff to do still!
But.. HOW CAN I SAY NO TO HULLA!

Hulla for me started a few weeks ago when the myself and the rest of the Friendship crew started making decorations..

We pumped HHC on the computer while starting on the craft task
Friday night before hulla was the same..
Me n Lisa spent a good couple hours finishing up the decorations/set lineup as well as wings and fun things for the friendship crew's FAIRY costumes.
I think she finally left here at like 2 am?
Anyway.. Saturday.. Did all my usual saturday Hulla TO DO stuff.
GOt to the Opera house at 5:30 and Me and the crew started our decorating funness..
We got done in time for like 2 minutes to breathe before the doors opened. (its always like that.. no matter how early we start!)

Doors Opened early... THe Party Started.....

Let me just say.. YAY to Paul Tranzit for playing such GOLDEN tracks..
I was standing in the Lobby and running around doing stuff singing along to like every track
SEA OF LOVE - OH man.. i ran to the stage for that one
Dont Go away.. I was singing at the top of my lungs!
Great set (sorrie about youre camera)
Runnaway was pure cheese Too..

3 Cheers for teh Cider Crew ... Virus likes to molest todlers.. oh baby
Silver1 was spinnin quite a lot of Newish Harder tracks.. I wasnt exaclty singing along to them.. but they weren't TOrture heeh

Marcus and JD were up next... I was up in the bar drinking.. Didnt really dance like i should have.. OOPS
Hixxy and Storm.. like whoa.... I havnt been so excited for a DJ /MC combo in ages.. i was like..OMG OLDSKOOL RUSH!
I love storm.. that is all.. HE is so lively.. he makes me want to jump around all night long.. STORM I LOVE YOU ! :P
Go Frisky.. its youre birthday.. we're gonna party like its yer burfday.. and Spankings are GOOOOOOD .. and I still have yet to upload the FRISKY gets a CAKE inthe face video
Frolic.. Nice tunes.. But i have 5 words to say
GIVE ME FUGEES SONG NOW! ...i was like..omg HHC version of such a good jungly track..where have i been?
How come i never heard that one before!
IT was SOOOOOOOOOOO good~
Then Elixir came on... I was Hella Tired.. SO I sat down.. and decided that I need a personal massage therapist to join me when i go to Hulla :P
Donny spun a good cheese set as usual...
Then i left....

Highlights of the night....
Janine's Hat and Hair adventure
Meeting super sweet girls at the front of the stage
SIginging like 30 books (i havnt signed more than like 2 books since like 3 years ago)
meeting some random purerave kids that Ive never met
Frisky's Cake incident
Robin's kickass fairy princess oufit
Megans story of sewing her skirt ONto her ( P.S She is on the next flyer)
Seeing so many excited and happy faces at the front of the stage getting pumped up by storm.

AMazing night.. I love hulla....

Thankyou to the friendship crew for all youre hard work!
The Decorations.. Putting them Up..The whistles..The enthusiasm
The dedication.. I love you all!

Pictures to come
I'll stop procrastinating and go back to exam prep now
Kris*

P.S I still have a sore throat.. hehe boooooooooooo!
Old December 9th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #86
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally posted by TrYpPy
The vibe that everyone gives off is like no other. I think JaMGiRL said it best in her post. Something like "Only @ Hulla do you see a group of strangers sing Happy Birthday to a gurl they don't even know"

my friends and i sang happy birthday to a girl in a grocery store once at like 1 in the morning...totally sober...cause she had a balloon saying it was her 21st
everyone should be excellent to each other outside of hulla too

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old December 9th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #87
*MoonDancer*

Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
OMG I wrote a NOvel.. Im sorrie!
Old December 9th, 2003, 06:34 PM   #88
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Yours was a short story compared to mine on page 1
Old December 9th, 2003, 09:35 PM   #89
UrbaNomad
Hullanewbie

Ok... this was my first hulla.
I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't come so far. I drove from Boston to CT and met some friends, then they drove us to Toronto... but like... there was this huge blizzard that made us really late, so we didn't get there until whoever was spinning D&B was almost done. That blizzard sucked for a lot of people, some of my friends got in TWO accidents on the way up and they were all shaken up.
Hixxy was awesome, but I really hate MCs. So even though it was Storm, for me everything he was saying just kind of degenerated to HIBIDIBIBIDI BLU HIBIDIBUUUUUUBLU and the like. Though the live version of the Ravers Anthem during I think Frolic's set was definately cool.
Frisky was good as well, goooood hardcore.
Elixir was um... an interesting change of pace. It wasn't quite what I was expecting at hulla but I still enjoyed it.
But D-Minus and Kwik... dude what happened? DMinus was so good when I saw him before. I think people were actually booing. That's something I've never seen in 3 years of partying. And then Kwik was like "Ya you better get up, you better come back, or or we'll be coming for you NEXT. We'll be coming for your scene next!" Or something like that. What was that supposed to mean? I mean I know he just slipped and he was freaking out, but still...
I think it may have been because so many people were expecting so much in such a small venue.
Also, towards the end I went to the bathroom, and these 3 shady mofos were just kind of chilling not doing anything, but when I was washing my hands they all kind of were looking at me, and then one said to another "Ya, so did you see those two weirdos making out on the dance floor? That really freaked me out." Which I am thinking was directed at two of my friends who were kissing during one set or another towards the end, and I was in their general area dancing... I mean... common what the hell is wrong with these people? And even more, why would you try and instigate something over it? One of my other friends also got hated on for being American, so I was not too keen on the vibe of this place. Very elitest in a lot of ways. It was all hyped up and excited but I felt like a good many of the smiles were plastic.
Well, I still had a good time, and there actually were nice people, and if I have the time next year I'd like to give it another shot. Much love to the rochester kids and the wisco kids, and everyone else who danced with me.
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:39 AM   #90
FaeryFae
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to FaeryFae
Wow, my second Hulla.....
FITS was my first Hulla, second large event ever. I thought it was fun and looked forward to Enchanted.

Enchanted blew me out of the water!

It started out with someone handing me glow sticks, he said he cracked the wrong colors. Someone told me it was TrYpPy. If so thank you very much! I really had fun with them.

The music was spectacular and the vibe was terrific. Hixxy and Storm rocked! Towards the end of the night Elixers set got my exhausted body moving again.

I'm looking forward to the next Hulla, and hope it continues to be so much fun!
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:02 AM   #91
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
Quote:
Originally posted by Potoroo
Hulla is like curry...it gets hotter with each moutful

HAHAHAHA

okayyyy

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:09 AM   #92
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
I'm so fuckign sick now, but i had so much fun at this party

Tranzit's set would've been much more enjoyable if he hadn't dropped some mp3's of awesome tracks that just sounded like poo.

Virus w/ MC Gobstoppa - AMAZING - Pete is quickly becoming my favorite hulla mc, and I love da breakbeatz!!!

Hixxy and storm - so amazing, NEW YEARS DAY!!!

Chrisky - I <3 your remix of pleasure and pain

Frolic - It was great to hear some classic cheese amidst the new stuff PACIFIC SUN

Donny-minus - cheesy goodness as always

such an awesome vibe, I can't wait till accelerator!
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:22 AM   #93
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally posted by FaeryFae
It started out with someone handing me glow sticks, he said he cracked the wrong colors. Someone told me it was TrYpPy. If so thank you very much! I really had fun with them.

I remember that I did crack the wrong colours hehe. So why not give them out I wonder who said it came from me :P Not too many people know me.....yet Glad you liked them hun. Maybe i'll see you @ the next one and i'll just give you some for the hell of it
*HuGz*

Last edited by TrYpPy : December 10th, 2003 at 01:25 AM.
Old December 10th, 2003, 02:02 AM   #94
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Um, let's see... my second Hulla, was pretty good... Hixxy and Mc storm were amazing.... The vibe was awsome,.... Talked to a lot of people, and enjoyed myself... I dunno, I was the dude who was wearing the white shirt and blue tie, and black head band.
Old December 10th, 2003, 02:54 AM   #95
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally posted by CandyGirl23

Hixxy and storm - so amazing, NEW YEARS DAY!!!

Chrisky - I <3 your remix of pleasure and pain

Frolic - It was great to hear some classic cheese amidst the new stuff PACIFIC SUN

these were my favorite 3 tracks of the night! So awesome boys!
Old December 10th, 2003, 10:35 AM   #96
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Quote:
Originally posted by CandyGirl23
Tranzit's set would've been much more enjoyable if he hadn't dropped some mp3's of awesome tracks that just sounded like poo.

??? ???

i played 2 tracks off CD...
DHSS - grey
DHSS - yellow

I have Grey on vinyl, but it has a bad skip in it, and i didnt want to take the chance.. so i recorded it to CD from MY record at top quality into WAV format..

as for Yellow, it was also taken from a master copy, and was recorded at top quality.

There are two tracks on vinyl i played that sound quality lacks a bit..

Hixxy - Wanting to get high...
Fade/Banannaman - Please Be Mine

Please enlighten me..

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old December 10th, 2003, 03:12 PM   #97
RockerRaver
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to RockerRaver
alrite!! well i scanned through the review page and didnt notice ne one complain aobut some drunk idiot.. so i guess i didnt offend to many ppl

i admit i may have had 1 or 2 to many beers but im just glad i didnt do ne thing to stupid.. this is a mistake i will definatly learn from lol

as for the nite.. from what i can rememeber (not including the time my digi cam was missing, thankfull;y i found it at coat check, thanks to who ever turned it in, and whats up with that was it lose ur digi cam nite at hulla or sumthin?) it was AWESOME!!!!

good times.. alot better then i expected i was only counting a couple of sets to blow me away.. but from start to finish i was having a grand ol time!!

p.s. considering i dont rememeber much.. if i did do sumthin during my drunk rampage to offend i owe u my deepest appologies
Old December 10th, 2003, 04:27 PM   #98
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
I always always always post the last review for hullas
I don't know why I have been around computers since sunday but haven't gotton around to it.

I had a super time on Saturday
Missed tranzit and virus
We had to take a taxi from Barrie to Yorkdale on account of my friend being late
Got in around halfway through silver1's set and it sounded real good.
Marcus: Throwdown amazing jungle set, I usually enjoy hullajungle
Hixxy/Storm: Hixxy's set was good but I didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else seemed to but Storm is the fuckin man
Frisky: Cheeziest set in a long time mate
Frolic: does he ever dissapoint???
Elixr: Trance of the gayest variety
D-minus very good track selection but another set of yours ruined by mc kwik does this guy ever shut up!!!!!!!!!
there is no need to stop a set 4 or 5 or 6 times let the fuckin record play

The vibe was strong on Saturday
the whole robo pilot crew you guys rock and you know it
George you outfit was BOMB!!!!!!
2cb and krystal loads of fun!!!

And to the girl who freaked out on me because of my shirt use your friggin head
Anyone at a hulla covered in sweat, braclets and smiles if his shirt says "ravers suck" its a joke

good work frolic cyall on new years
Old December 10th, 2003, 06:31 PM   #99
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
^^^ditto on the MC Kwik thing...he really does need to just let the music go...Stopping to say something once, maybe twice a set is cool...stopping after every freaking song between 5 am - 6 am is completely unnecessary...If we're still there between 5 and 6, we are your hardcore ravers, quit yelling at us!
Old December 10th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #100
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
To be fair, from what I observed it wasn't Kwik who was stopping the music but our other "drunken master" (not so much a master, apparently ) D-minus who kept stopping the set, and Kwik was just doing his job and rolling with it.