The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Accelerator
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old January 24th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #26
Race 2 Da Beat
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Race 2 Da Beat
YAY IAN!!!!!!!!!! GOOD STUFF HUN!

Kelly
Old January 24th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #27
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1

it should be if you want to smoke, you go outside and SUFFER in the cold...

I'm sick of suffering inside because of your inconsiderate habit
Old January 24th, 2004, 10:03 PM   #28
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Quote:
Originally posted by anabolic frolic
Because smoking is still allowed in Toronto for bars, the Opera House allows smoking in their balcony. People pretty much smoke everywhere and it's a difficult thing to enforce though. The laws in Toronto are changing soon though and won't be allowing smoking anywhere inside, and when that day comes then it will be a completely smoke free night, until then prepare to wash your clothes afterwards .

Venues might then start opening up a designated area outside.. like some backdoor parking lot thing for people that can't go without a smoke.. which is a great idea... as much as I love second hand smoke.. I'd rather not be inhaling that stuff at all... technically I'm not even supposed to go to raves... I'm 'allergic' to tobacco smoke.. or so the docs say... but I'd rather risk my health than stop doing something I love..
Old January 25th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #29
Toye
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toye
Quote:
Originally posted by okidam
or how bout those whom are of age, actually smoke where you are supost to?

so many underage smokers though

Eat me. Sure you only supposed to smoke in the bar but then against drugs are illegal. So until every last single kid there quits popping their pills and doing their morphine I could care less what they think or even the sober people think about my own smoking and everyone else's.
Old January 25th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #30
Toye
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Toye

Eat me. Sure you only supposed to smoke in the bar but then again drugs are illegal. So until every last single kid there quits popping their pills and doing their morphine I could care less what they think or even the sober people think about my own smoking and everyone else's.

I'm tired of hearing about these things when there are more serious matters at hand. If people like to smoke they should be allowed to smoke, it's legal unlike most of the things people do at Hulla.

I also think they should step up secuirity at Hullas, not only am I tired of people asking me if I want to buy drugs from them but I'm also tired tired of people who are high and telling me to take my smoking away from them.
Old January 26th, 2004, 11:12 PM   #31
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Quote:

I'm tired of hearing about these things when there are more serious matters at hand. If people like to smoke they should be allowed to smoke, it's legal unlike most of the things people do at Hulla.

I also think they should step up secuirity at Hullas, not only am I tired of people asking me if I want to buy drugs from them but I'm also tired tired of people who are high and telling me to take my smoking away from them.

"more serious matters at hand"? me taking e doesn't affect you unless i happen to irritate you by talking too fast... you forcing me to inhale toxic smoke has a real impact on me, in addition to being gross and irritating

step up security at hulla? strip searches?

Seizure... I dunno I was told I'm "allergic" to it too.. seems like a lot of ppl I know were.. but i've been around lots of smoke and smoked lots and I dunno wtf my doc was talking about. except in the sense that I'm "allergic" to it and my reaction is to get lung cancer and die
Old January 26th, 2004, 11:43 PM   #32
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
I haven't been able to really dance in YEARS because my asthma acts up terribly at parties. Your dirty habit is seriously affecting my ability to enjoy myself at a party that I paid just as much to get into as you did. You have the ability to take your smoking somewhere where it wont bother people, but I don't have anywhere to go if I need to get away from it and that puts my health at serious risk. If you can't have any sympathy for that, then you truly are an asshole.

Sorry to all my smoker friends who I may be offending, but that's the simple truth.
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:48 AM   #33
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
I really feel sorry for those with breathing problems. I myself do not smoke and will not attempt to tell others NOT to, but it would be nice if it were a little less cloudy in there this time around. It's not the best smell in the world that's for sure. Not to mention the ride home..you attempt to cuddle with your significant other and all you smell is the after affects from the night.
I agree with some posts here though. Any smoking should @ least be in the 19+ area. Although most are underage smokers..they should suffer. They shouldn't be smoking anyways. Didn't your mother ever tell you it's not cool hahaha
Just be curtious to others if your going to smoke.. and watch where you wave that thing.. getting burned on the dance floor sucks ass. Not to mention the disgusting mess is leaves on the floor.
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:55 PM   #34
Toye
Hullaboarder

Awwww you got asthma yet you are willing to go to a party where nobody follows the rules and will be party and dance in a crowded over-heated area all night long. Smart.

And no someone doing e does not effect me in any way, but it also does not entitle that person who is ruining their life to cry about smoking. You are already ruining yourself by doing drugs so why not throw in a little lung cancer?

Of course there are those are sober and do not smoke but if its a problem just don't come to Hulla and then the problem is solved.

Even with people only smoking in the 19+ area you are still inhaling the fumes, the place is not well ventilated and by the time it's 3 AM no matter where you are and where the smokers are you are still inhaling second hand smoke.

Also another thing with the asthma, the smoke machines are gonna be there and those things plug up your lungs a lot more then second-hand smoke.

And when I say step up security I don't mean strip search (though it would be a good idea because that would take down the drug usage by about %50) what I mean is the secuirity always fails to search some of the most likely places to stash drugs, they do it with me all the time and I always point it out to them. I see some people not even get searched once in a while.

Message for Frolic to give to the female security staff, tell them to check those girl's bra. If the girls don't like other girls touching their breasts, they can stay out of the party because most girls stash all their drugs right there and all their friend's drugs too.

I find it funny how people are so defensive with the drugs but completely attack smoking, haha. Sad.
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:06 PM   #35
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
^^^ this is the most absurd thinking ever...
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #36
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

^^^ agree

Toye : I noticed there is not birthday set in your profile. Is that because you are an underage smoker? Just wondering Cause if you are.. it's pretty hypocritical to be metinoning greater security searches. Perhaps they should start looking better @ your fake ID used @ the store to buy your smokes..or just start ID'ing you. I can't see someone over the age of 19 speaking like this.
All we can trying to say is to please respect others on the dance floor. No one is saying DO NOT SMOKE to your face.. just respect the fact that THIS IS an inclosed area and IS against the law everywhere else *expect in T0*. This law will be passed there as well soon enough. So in the meantime, try to keep smoking to a minimum if you are going to do it. Just like those "e" takers will.

Last edited by TrYpPy : January 27th, 2004 at 06:23 PM.
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:41 PM   #37
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

Send a message via ICQ to dianejapa Send a message via AIM to dianejapa
toye, im sorry, and i usually never do anything but avoid confrontation on the boards, and i like to try and get along with everyone, but i think your opinions are really rude and inconsiderate. people who do drugs are only harming themselves, but when people choose to smoke they're effecting everyone around them too.

i know that while it's still legal in toronto that it won't be stopped. but i believe the rule is that you have to smoke upstairs. at least that way the smoke's just floating up more towards the ceiling instead of blowing around directly downstairs where people are dancing. at least then people who don't like smoke aren't so directly exposed to it. enforcing this rule would also get rid of the underage smokers seeing as the balcony is 19+. i think if security should do anything maybe they should just tap on the shoulders of smokers downstairs and ask them to step upstairs.

and as for your lack of sympathy to people with breathing problems, you can go smoke yourself to death. maybe when develope some sort of horrible lung problem you'll realize how valuable your breath is when you're scared shitless and gasping for breath. grow up
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #38
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Look out, it's time to break it down flamewar style!
Quote:
Awwww you got asthma yet you are willing to go to a party where nobody follows the rules and will be party and dance in a crowded over-heated area all night long. Smart.

Are you actually implying that I am unintelligent because I choose, on occasion, to go out with my friends and listen to music despite the fact that somebody might be BREAKING THE RULES and smoking on the dancefloor? Somebody please point out to this kid that his/her statement is displaying a far greater degree of stupidity than anything I could possibly have done.
Quote:

And no someone doing e does not effect me in any way, but it also does not entitle that person who is ruining their life to cry about smoking. You are already ruining yourself by doing drugs so why not throw in a little lung cancer?

I am not "ruining myself by doing drugs", as you so eloquently put it, and even if I were it would be a choice that I have made for myself. Your refusal to smoke in the designated smoking area which has been so conveniently provided for you is a choice that is affecting everybody you come into contact with.
Quote:

Of course there are those are sober and do not smoke but if its a problem just don't come to Hulla and then the problem is solved.

I work at Hullabaloo. If I were to stop attending, my friends would have to sell you your glowsticks without my expert assistance. How about you stop coming to Hullabaloo? Then a LOT of people's problems would be solved. Your logic leaves much to be desired.
Quote:

Even with people only smoking in the 19+ area you are still inhaling the fumes, the place is not well ventilated and by the time it's 3 AM no matter where you are and where the smokers are you are still inhaling second hand smoke.

That is true, and that is something that I am willing to accept. However, unless people like you KEEP it in the designated area, we will never have the luxury of breathing relatively clean air all the way until 3 am. Because of you, the air is unbreathable by midnight.
Quote:

Also another thing with the asthma, the smoke machines are gonna be there and those things plug up your lungs a lot more then second-hand smoke.

I have never seen a smoke machine at a Hullabaloo. Please submit recent photos of this smoke machine, so that I may reconsider my entire argument and declare you king of the fucking rave.
Quote:

I find it funny how people are so defensive with the drugs but completely attack smoking, haha. Sad.

Where, in this thread, did anybody make the statement that drugs were ok? You are basing your argument on an assumption that has no factual merit, and thereby negating any relevance that your statement might have borne to the topic at hand. I am in no way defending drug use, but as it does not affect me personally I have nothing to say on the matter. You wouldn't either, if you had the slightest hint of an intelligent thought in your head. Alas, here we are fighting on the internet like children. I don't presume to think that this will have any effect on you whatsoever, because you have clearly made up your mind that we are all inferior beings for caring that your wanton rule-breaking is threatening our health and happiness, but if I can encourage even one person on this board to dismiss you for the imbecile you are then it was all worth it.

Douchebag.
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:25 PM   #39
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

*appluads pointy_sticks*

one more little thing about fog/smoke machines. ive never had a problem breathing from those personally. whats coming out isn't really smoke, like its not made from burning things. i don't know what it is but it hasnt bothered me yet. my boyfriend has one in his room and although i don't like the weird smell/taste its definitly nowhere as bad as cigarette smoke
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #40
psyklone
Hullaboarder

Oh snap!

Old January 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #41
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Tobacco Facts
Quote:
Studies indicate that nonsmokers are also adversely affected by environmental tobacco smoke. There are 4000 chemicals in tobacco with 100 identified poisons and 63 known drugs which cause cancer. The most talked about drug in tobacco is nicotine. Nicotine is vasoconstrictor and a nerve toxin, it has been classified as a class I insecticide. Other poisons include: Arsenic, Cyanide, Formaldehyde (used to embalm bodies), Ammonia Bromide (a toilet cleaner )- Ref. 1. Each year, because of exposure to environmental tobacco smoke, an estimated 3,000 nonsmoking Americans die of lung cancer, and 300,000 children suffer from lower respiratory tract infections.

Ok...3,000 non smokers die from lung cancer? Tell me something. When was the last time you heared someone die from second hand pill popping. Just a question.

Btw.. warning on the gross picture on that webpage. Yuck! Granted im sure she's 60+ years old and smoked all her life but there is no way Ecstacy would do that to you. And if you bring up the fact that Ecstacy can wreck your BRAIN.. granted.. but there aren't THAT many people out there that abuse the substance. Unlike smokers who possible smoke packs a day.

Just my two cents again.
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:26 PM   #42
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by dianejapa
*appluads pointy_sticks*

one more little thing about fog/smoke machines. ive never had a problem breathing from those personally. whats coming out isn't really smoke, like its not made from burning things. i don't know what it is but it hasnt bothered me yet. my boyfriend has one in his room and although i don't like the weird smell/taste its definitly nowhere as bad as cigarette smoke

Some people who have difficulty breathing in the presence of steam or high humidity are sensitive to smoke machines, but they are harmless to the majority of people. Even many of those with asthma.

I don't much care for them, but they don't cause me any trouble. I rather like the flavour, actually.
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:33 PM   #43
Toye
Hullaboarder

Wheee! Mission accomplished, sorry for not reading the replies.

But instead of complaining about smoking on the board why don't you go tell a security person at Hulla if you see anyone smoking and I'll tell a security person if I see anyone with drugs.

Sound fair jerks?

BTW Frolic, the smoking ban is gonna hurt buisness, its not all that great. We have had it here in Kingston for months now and every place has been hit along with a lot more fighting at the bars and other stuff that is jsut plain old bad. But oh well.

If smoking is so bad they should just make it illegal.
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:06 AM   #44
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

i think this thread should be locked. its beyond the point of intelligent debate.

i'm sorry i even started it. the title was only to grab attention, i was only trying to raise awareness to the fact that last hulla was the smokiest i'd ever seen and that i thought it was getting a little out of hand. i feel like this whole argument is my fault because it was my thread. i never said that people shouldn't smoke at all, but i had hoped maybe people could at least not chain smoke all night or try and stick to the designated area and respect others. peace, love, unity, respect. some of the things that have been said here are severely lacking plur. call me an idealist, but there's enough arguing and hate in the world, and i love hulla because for one night we can escape that. so lets not argue with each other. if you have an opinion, theres a way to voice it without calling names, and being rude. i'm sorry if that sounds dumb to some of you, but i really believe that
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:42 AM   #45
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
The no smoking law hasn't affected business in London in any way... and I haven't noticed any other non - attendance related change due to the ban either. I am just going to go ahead and agree with everything that pointy_sticks said and add only this... Toye : you seem like a really grumpy person and for this reason how about you don't grace us with your presence at accelerator... I really don't get how with an attitude like yours it could possibly be your kind of rave anyways.

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old January 28th, 2004, 01:11 AM   #46
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

I agree, this thread needs to go now. I said my piece, I'm not going to give in to this person's blatant attempts to start shit. There is an obvious lack of respect going on here, and I'm sure we're all well convinced as to whose fault this is.

Frolic? KandeeJen?
Old January 28th, 2004, 01:16 AM   #47
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

I've reported Toye's most recent post to the moderators.

Hopefully this thread will be closed before things get any stupider in here.