The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Accelerator
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM   #1
candykates
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to candykates Send a message via MSN to candykates Send a message via Yahoo to candykates
Talking Accelerator Reviews!!!

ok kiddies - its now after 6 and hulla is offically over... i didnt get a chance to make it out to this one, so i want reviews, pictures and i wanna know what the special 3o'clock surprise was!
now, i am going back to bed... and when i return i expect posts about the party!! *looks at outer space crew espically, since i know you guys have a computer "like right there!" haha*
*muAh* <3 Kates

tell me, am i right to think that there could be nothing better...?
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:17 AM   #2
Ophelia
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 41 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Ophelia Send a message via MSN to Ophelia Send a message via Yahoo to Ophelia
Mrs. Frolic is Pregnant was the surprise

and it's too bad you missed the party.. It was one of the best hulla in a long time.. phone i'll finish later
while the limousines wait in the street."
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:23 AM   #3
Ophelia
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Ophelia Send a message via MSN to Ophelia Send a message via Yahoo to Ophelia
Yeah there was soooo many people.. some people I haven't seen at a party in like 2 years! *Cough. Cough Malglo*

So yeah Robins pregnant.. she says she's due at the end of Aug September.. whenever he or she decides to come out

Best hulla of 2004 by far lol no seriously maybe it was my night.. but i actually came home happy i spent the money to go
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #4
newbee04
Hullaboarder

It was so much fun, it was my first hulla and rave. Everyone there made me feel so welcomed. I made many new friends and I plan to go to the next hulla!!!
Old February 8th, 2004, 11:43 AM   #5
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Great party.... too crowded though.... I need space to have a seizure on the dancefloor... oh well... I still managed to enjoy myself... mainly cuz I was able to say hi to soooo many people.... which is like the funniest thing... cuz on the hullaboard I was nominated at the 2003 Hullaboarder Least Likely To Be Met... that alone I find hilarious... since so many people LOVE my company.. ::

I don't normally pick favourite sets... but for a hardcore party... Chiclet made my night... the best set of the night.. in my books.. even better than Kevin Energy.. which was like... NUTS....

Chris/Krystal - happy bday to both, late one for Krystal which I missed... YAY.. I got the pic I wanted of the bday couple! (was celebrating Krystal's too cuz I missed it)
Ashy - You looked just as tired at hulla that you did at Timebomb
Molle - I promised you a night to remember.. everything didn't go as planned but still glad you had a GREAT time
blondbunny - Pleasure finally meeting ya... great person ya are!
Moondancer - Likewise... the outfits changing all the time.. I love them! Whatever you said to your Friendship Crew about not giving me a red whistle, it worked... I got a pink one!
DJ Saiyan - Didn't talk to ya much.. or really at all.. but still good to see the older crew I remember..
Psyclone - Likewise, didn't talk to ya at all.. but still great to see people around
unkelfukkr - I'm glad I could help you with your little problem at hulla and things turned out great
Dakota - haha same thing that happened with blondbunny.. we just kinda bumped into each other as walking in opposite directions.. lol... all I can say is.. you rock!
Ophelia - Didn't say much to ya, but 'hi' and a wave is still better than nothing!
LosferWords - OMG! You're nuts! Too bad we didn't see that 'trademark' smile
Swirski - Dammit! I went to the stage before Chiclet's set... cuz that's what I heard.. then find out you meant AFTER her set.. dang.. no free cd for me
astralkid - I can't believe you recognized me.. heh.. that's nuts!
dea - You handed out whistles! First time I remember you doing that!
Myrana - Dunno if it was you... but it looked like you... who gave me the pink whistle... and if that was you.. I thank thee for breaking the red whistle streak..
Team robotpilot - You three never let me down with the outfits! So cute!
Spunn - Didn't say much to ya.. but always good to see familiar faces.. sorry about not accepting the candy.. it would have made me throw up soonafter
DynamicDuo - I was wondering who this guy checking my journal every so often was... and now I know!
DJ Wolf - Great set! I loved the gabber track you threw in!
freakyjunglist - I've seen you before.. just never said hi! his time I did!
meisemily - Saw ya.. don't know why I didn't say hi.. kinda seemed like you were avoiding me
dianejapa - Saw you many times throughout the night.. didn't know it was you though till Chris told me that time we said hi at the front of the stage...
Poemi - Saw ya several times throughout the night... it almost seemed like you wanted to say hello.. but didn't.... I so wanted to.. even a little "hi" and a wave... but meh.. I dunno why I didnt :/
Sim - I vaguely remember you... but I do remember you being there... hi again!
Trippy - haha met ya upstairs near the window... fun times!
Jam_Girl - heh.. same place... same time as above

PS - If I forgot anyone.. I'm sorry.... it was just an incredible night! Brain isn't functioning perfectly at the moment... let me know if I left you out.. I'll make special shoutout to yas!

*** CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRIS (ANABOLIC FROLIC) AND ROBYN (MRS FROLIC) ON BABY FROLIC!!!

Last edited by Seizure : February 8th, 2004 at 11:47 AM.
Old February 8th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #6
djOpel
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to djOpel Send a message via MSN to djOpel
Thumbs up

wow, that sure was interesting.
Ive been partying a number of years now, but never been to a Hulla. Been to many a Nightmare and Destiny, but never stumbled into a Hulla....

Got there around 11, nasty lineup outside, and it was freeeezing. But im thin, and cold eats thru me quickly. Finally got inside, met up with my new friend Vida and chatted it up with her for a while...
Cruised around the 19+ area for most of Chiclet's set...her set was awesome, best one ive heard from her....the Hulla crowd seemed to like it too

Kevin Energy was rockin'...really smooth mixer, his set pounded that place.

One thing i have to commend Hulla on, the sound. Those were massive cabinets, awesome sound, even up in the 19+ area. Found it weird there was no dj booth up in the chill area, but thats just me thinking of various Nightmares.

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Frolic on the happy news, best wishes to you both Enjoy the cds...

Wayyyy too many people to list and all that, i should sleep for god sakes :P
Old February 8th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #7
babyEjunglist
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to babyEjunglist Send a message via Yahoo to babyEjunglist
OMG where to start???

I didn't get their till 11 30...so many last minute delays...
FRISKY.. getting in their was a mess and I was doing too much running around to even hear it unfortunately... but I caught stay here forever and that was just great!!!!
CHICLET.. eew that did not start my night off good .. sorry im just not a trance fan..
KEVIN ENERGY.. I knew this set was going to be explosive.. AND I WAS RIGHT.. holy shit he opened with the ready or not remix.. I will never forget that.. the rest of the set was just .. unbelievable!
ANABOLIC FROLIC.. all I have to say is.. superb as usual... and WOWOWOW u ended with field of dreams.. that was too good for words! CONGRATS!
D-MINUS.. ok I really liked this set.. so many good choons.. I LOVE that remix of LUCKY STAR!!! *drools*
AC SLATER.. gooood set I really enjoyed it and Im not sure if it was you who dropped PAY ATTENTION.. if it was u.. GREAT!
SILVER1.. BIRTHDAY BOI!!!!!!!!! NICEEE JOB.. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DROPPING "DO IT LIKE WE DO"!!!!!!!!

"U AND ME BABY AINT NOTHING BUT MAMMALS SO LETS DO IT LIKE THEY DO ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL"!!!!!!!

Other songs that made my night.. YOUR SHINING (of course) .. Rock you softly, Hold you tonight, Ordinary People, FLOWERS NEED THE RAIN.. I LOVED IT, Addictions....

quick shots.. and it was SOOOOOOOO great seeing so many old faces WOW!
Angela.. I FEEL... ALIVE...LOL.. ANGELA? that was awesome
Mike... omg we were making fun of everything.. ur nipple sticker...then about people hitting us with the elbows (amputteess) HAHA
Brandon.. wat can I say? Sorry you weren't feeling well.. MUAH!
Natasha.. thanks for the drawing on my arms... and my bak.. ur nuts and I luv it!!!!!
Woody...always good times!!!! lol ur climbing up the ladder..boo trance!!! haha
Rob...YAAAYY!!!!!! Congrats with the girl!! I AM THE RAVER BABY THO!!!
MC 2-CB... omg u make me laf... HAPPY BDAY.. your mc'ing is fukken siK!! Too bad I didn't run into 'u know who' HAHAHA! Kandikidd.. ur soooooooo adorable ITS ALL ABOUT LAND BEFORE TIME.. THAT WAS SO CUTE!
Seizure it was great running into u .. u always looked tired tho lol.. I didnt see u dance.. not even a "little bit" just a "little bit" ahah.
XRaVeRX.. hey hun!!! YAY we actually got to CHILL and dance this time.. but I did end up losing u towards the end I emailed u chek it
Skittles ha fun times.. im glad I ran into u again...just not at an after party so we could get lost again..ur pants rok.. along with ur sweaty hat haha
Bunny...thanks for the compliments.. ur fukken adorable... detroit... pffttt

... wow there were so many other ppl but im falling asleep typing this.. so if I forgot u.. dont take it personally!!

OVERALL.. thanks for an awesome party.. congrats to frolic and mrs frolic.. wow the crowd went nuts wen u announced that!! haahah... A MEMORABLE NIGHT FOR SURE... and to the guys outside handing the flyers.. I LUV U.. ur fukken hilarious.. destinys website.. I DIDN"T FORGET :P!! haah

-Ashley
Old February 8th, 2004, 01:37 PM   #8
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Old February 8th, 2004, 01:54 PM   #9
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to xdigitalxdreamx
FUCK IT WAS AMAZING AS FUCK!! omg omg omg omg that was the coolst thing the best thing ive ever done lol i traded like lall my kandi! i have like none of my own kandi lol its sooo cute! everyone was soo adorable! ahh! and eyeopener came of and me and chip were lie all snuggleny and singing the words n such cuz its like OUR SONG lol it was soo adorable1 i was like running around and taking pics of everyone! like ppl i didnt even know i was all fuck youre cute!! camera!! now!! *dance dacne dance* ahh! me and chip were like giving eachother backrubs n such and he was giving me one and somg random guy came up and started giving me a lightshow with these cool strobelight dealys and it was soooo pretty! and ppl were like standing there just like staring at us and someone was like " LOOK AT HER!!! " lol lol al these ppl were like I LOVE YOURE PANTS! lol and like everyone was like saying how beutiful i was and like hugging me and trading me kandi! lol yeah i m like a fucking huge compliment whore haha so i was all like WHOO! ppl think im cute! lol! everyone was like saying i was cute i loved it! ahh i got alot of like crazy gropey hugs! like ppl would come up and like full out hug me and like rub me up right infront of my bf!
meh i was quite warned about the touchy feely ppls so i guess its just all part of the raveness so i didnt care tooo much

lol glsticking was soooo fun!! hheheheehhe omg that was the best night of my entire life!!!!!!!! i sucked i had to leave early but it still had an awsome time!! im gonna stay the whole night next hulla!!

IT WAS AMAZZZZZINGGGGGG!!!!!! hehehhe ZING! :P I LOVE YOU CHIP!!

PLUR
rave on
siouxsie! P.S MC-2CB! I LOOKED FOR YOU EVERYWHERE EVERYWAYS! BUT I COULDNT FIND YOU! I STILL HAVE YOURE B-DAY KANDI i didnt give it away lol its one of the few kandi's i have that i made! lol everyone was like alll trading n such lol i had so much fun i hope you had a great birthday!

siouxsie
----+----what you want 2B! in this industry! use that NRG! hardcore chemistry!!-----+-----
Old February 8th, 2004, 02:03 PM   #10
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Oh yeah.... I knew I forgot at least one person... I'm sorry! kandeegurl2! I wouldn't have even found you if MC 2-CB didn't point you out.. heh
Old February 8th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #11
Ophelia
Hullaboarder

Seizure I am way impressed that you can remember that many people you ran into! wow

and Oh that was you that waved.. i'm a dumb ass.. haha.. I didn't know what you looked like hahah and no one told me it was you!
Old February 8th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #12
Glim
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Glim
And Frolic said never again for a Hullabaloo Anthems... I would say that was an Anthems the next generation last night.. an it was WiKiD!! I was there for 9:30 till 4 and the music was just simply one of the best thrown down lineups I've haerd in a Looong time.

Special Congrats to Chris on his new blessing in his family.

I would also like to send out 2 very huge thank-yous to: The really big security guy for clearing the bathroom hallway (that was just retarted down there at one point you couldnt move in or out!) and for being a great example of what good seurity should be; he was nice an not pushy or rude KEEP HIM ON THE PAYROLL (tho I found all security was great last night he just stood out above the rest) and #2 To the Guy in the guys washroom with the colone (sp?) NO MORE SMELLY RAVERS!! YAY!!

Keep up the good work and the great parties

CHEERS!
Old February 8th, 2004, 03:56 PM   #13
pixie_midget
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pixie_midget Send a message via AIM to pixie_midget
well, unfortunately i wasn{t able to go. living in cancun and all it kinda made it a little hard to go. i hope all in all it was awesome, and i can{t wait to check out the pictures from last night. all i could think about last night was man i{m missing hulla, and can{t see any of my friends. i just want to say i miss everyone and i hope last night was a blast. Q, Ty dawg, Mike Raverkittie, mark, hullababy, shane, fazio, dynamic uno, jess, emily muffins and anyone else i didn{t mention, which i know is alot of ppl, hey whats going on, hope you had fun, and the weather didn{t treat you too bad. here its about 27 degrees give or take a bit. And just so you know i had my own hulla lastnight. just imagine a raver walking down the streets of cancun totally fucked up, and everyone looking at me, lol.
A C slator, i can imagine you rocked as usual and anabolic frolic congrat, i can only imagine last night ws a huge success for you yet again. D-Minus, gobstopper and everyone same to you.
as for me right now, i am heading to bed. i haven{t slept yet, and am still fucked up (which is normal here) but i just had to write a little something before i went to bed. i couldn{t get hulla off my mind.

Adios mi amigos, y yo voy a hulla soon.

p.s. lemme me know when you have hulla pics posted and i will send the warm weather your way, lol.
*:·.
.·:*
Old February 8th, 2004, 04:28 PM   #14
snowBL(i)ND
Hullaboarder

Unfortunatly, I couldnt make it out for this one =/
Sounds like I missed a good one.

Was the flyer for the next party released after this hulla, or am I going to have to wait?
Old February 8th, 2004, 04:52 PM   #15
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia
Seizure I am way impressed that you can remember that many people you ran into! wow

and Oh that was you that waved.. i'm a dumb ass.. haha.. I didn't know what you looked like hahah and no one told me it was you!

Normally I can't remember that many people I ran into... but last night was just weird overall.... so anything was possible... you can't even begin to try to understand how my memory works.. I'll remember what people look like without even meeting them before...
Old February 8th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #16
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to dianejapa Send a message via AIM to dianejapa
that was by far the best hulla id ever been to. i had so much fun. even tho none of my b-lo crew came. its not as if i didnt know a ton of other people there tho. and i did meet up with some other people from the boards that id never met before. so i wasn't lonely in the least. i couldn't stop dancing! well i had to a few times to catch my breath, but for the most part my feet didn't stop moving. it was so great!

and once again congrats to the frolics! i seriously can't wait to be a mother someday... you two are going to make great parents. you should get the baby all candied up and get pictures taken. that would be so uber cute lol
Old February 8th, 2004, 05:35 PM   #17
perry461
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
This was my second Hulla and there was sucha good vibe as always! The people were great, the music was uber rocking, and the whole thing in general just got my so trippin! I ran into so many familliar faces, and quite a few new ones! Can't wait until the nextr Hulla in April!
Old February 8th, 2004, 05:56 PM   #18
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by babyEjunglist
Seizure it was great running into u .. u always looked tired tho lol.. I didnt see u dance.. not even a "little bit" just a "little bit" ahah.

Meh.. wasn't in the best of moods... but far from tired... and I couldn't dance... I found this hulla to be moreso overcrowded than past ones... in order to have a seizure on the dancefloor.. i need space... i danced for a while when there was space downstairs.. but that was well before you got there... there was space on the upper balcony toward the end... but meh... i can't dance so far away from the vibe... it was near dead up there... just you wait till April!

But I did manage to score two pics of you!

and

Last edited by Seizure : February 8th, 2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old February 8th, 2004, 06:07 PM   #19
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Totally amazing...

First walked in and had to go through search and I believe Dj Mannikl was playing Power of Love, so pissed that I couldn't dance to it, love that track.....

Went in, so many people on the front, naturally that's were my spot was....

Just wanna thank to whomever layed down Prince of Darkness, fucking amazing, hehe, I was hoping someone would played it, made my night.....

The vibe amazing, all the hulla board people I ran were friendly.,, nice meeting u all.....

Positives:

- Music

- Vibe

- Lightning

-People

Not so positive:

- The bath room thingy dude

- No red bull selling

- The coldness.

Amazing party.....

Pics:

http://www.photoaccess.com/photo/album.jsp;jsessionid=9FADA6B6CCAF5B6E78DE3B3FFF06666E?cb=PA&svr=web2

Anybody know of any free better image hosting please post the addy

Last edited by astralkid : February 8th, 2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old February 8th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #20
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Five out of Five frogs for my first hulla!!

(btw astral i THINK, THINK mind you not for sure, that silver1 played prince of darkness)
Old February 8th, 2004, 06:34 PM   #21
twinkley_star
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to twinkley_star Send a message via MSN to twinkley_star Send a message via Yahoo to twinkley_star
Quote:
Originally posted by astralkid
Totally amazing...

Pics:

http://www.photoaccess.com/photo/album.jsp;jsessionid=9FADA6B6CCAF5B6E78DE3B3FFF06666E?cb=PA&svr=web2

Anybody know of any free better image hosting please post the addy

try using photobucket(dot)com. it's free and easy and amazing!

Hulla was AMAZING with a captial hardcore! the atmosphere was so great and the people and the music and the everthing! crongrats to Frolic and Robin!!!!! *smiles all around* i met so many amazing people and got to make out with some adorable people! back massages and light shows and dancing up a STORM.... woah... i don't think i can wait until april for the next one!
-love
Old February 8th, 2004, 06:45 PM   #22
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
^^ thanks...

Lets try this again... if don't work, torontoraves.com even review the link is working....

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:47 pm Post subject:
Good party, full review later....

Last edited by astralkid : February 8th, 2004 at 06:50 PM.
Old February 9th, 2004, 02:08 AM   #23
--Smooth--
Hullaboarder

Send a message via Yahoo to --Smooth--
Wicked party!
-one of my fav hullas I'd say!

Chiclet-was awesomE!
Well the whole thing was awesome.

and yes there was a good amount of people there.. but I have a bad back and its acting up so i wasnt able to dance full out anyway so no room didnt bother me.

hope everyone had a good time-
and a safe trip home.-

Michael/smooth/--trance--
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:53 AM   #24
dj mannik
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to dj mannik
Quote:
Originally posted by astralkid
First walked in and had to go through search and I believe Dj Mannikl was playing Power of Love, so pissed that I couldn't dance to it, love that track.....
musta been wolfy, here's what i played (i think)

becks & donna - dynamite
"bittersweet symphony" juicy cuts 7
scott brown & rab-s - now is the time (brisk remix)
ham, demo & justin time - the big spill
the vinsta - different level
anon - panic attack (ruff mix)
demo & ad man - pleasure & pain (justin time remix)
"cold as ice" vgt 3
"music sounds better with you" squashed 1
vinylgroover & trixxy - john gotti’s revenge
stompy - i believe
eruption - surrender (force n styles remix)
midas - cant stop myself (ham remix)
ham, demo & justin time - here i am (brisk’s analog mix)
northern lights - love of my life (brisk mix)
brisk & vinylgroover - freedom 2 dance (triple j remix)
scott brown - i dont need nobody
luna-c - round again

Last edited by dj mannik : February 9th, 2004 at 06:56 AM.
Old February 9th, 2004, 07:47 AM   #25
raveDave
Hullaboarder
towerball Champion! High Score: 6380  Spy Hunter Champion! High Score: 12470  Roulette Champion! High Score: 58500  Flash Poker Champion! High Score: 50100 

Location: Detroit Rock City!! No seriously we have really cool rocks here!!!
Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
That was by far the greatest Hulla I've ever been to. Even if it was my first.

The only downside to this weekend was that my car was stopped and searched at the border coming back. My (well, let's call them weapons of mass destruction) were in my pants so they let me go. Hehe. Other than the parking ticket & the cold, this weekend rocked. The people were great, the music was great, even the venue was great.

See you all in April,
dave
and basslines.