The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Accelerator
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 10th, 2004, 11:16 AM   #51
Sir Drake
Hullaboarder

This was the best party I have ever been too! But then again, when doesn't hulla put on a great party? The music kept me dancing all night which is pretty impressive when you consider I only got two hours of sleep the night before and it was my first party completly sober. Kevin Engery's set was amazing! I couldn't believe how great it was! I definatly need to buy that set when it comes out at the hulla store. I brought two newbies with me and they both had an amazing time and can't wait for the next party. See you then!
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:20 PM   #52
Sim
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
I had such a good time, for those who dont know what I look like, I had white/grey camoflauge pants and a white t-shirt. I also had green glowsticks for the entire night

So, the verdict? Incredible. 4 rave noobs and 1 hulla noob came along with me. Before we went, they were definetely skeptical. Well, they thought it was amazing and will definetely attend another. This is coming from people who only had a vague idea on what the sound of hardcore is before the rave.

and here come the shout-outs...

OK I met A LOT more people here from the boards then enchanted, so if you remember meeting me and I dont mention your name, dont be offended. Just gimme a reminder.

Keron - Dude you're hardcore. Despite your situation, you still made it out to hulla. amazing.

Dianejapa - Very nice meeting you. I hope I enhanced your night

Seizure - Didnt really chat much, but still got to meet ya

Skittles - The outfit rocked. Lookin forward to meetin up again

jebby182 - Nice seeing you again. Didnt really chat, but still got our points across.

AJ - not sure if you are on the boards, but nice talking to ya again

Jeff - Had a great time talkin (aka jumping around while shouting) to ya

da_giggles - Didnt really chat much, but still at least got to meet you.

swirski - I cant remember if we chatted much, but at least I remember talking to you

Poemi - Nice meeting you Again, not much chit-chat, but still great meeting you.

last but not least, peaceloveunity (Angie) - Im very glad I bumped into you. We didnt really hangout like last time, but am still just as glad to meet up with you as I was on the streetcar to enchanted.

All in all yet again, amazing.
Old February 10th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #53
kneeling
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to kneeling
Awww dont worry bout it Keron. Honestly, I knew u were kinda shy! =) its cute dont worry bout it honest. One day we'll have to see eachother again! *nods*
Old February 10th, 2004, 05:21 PM   #54
*STAR child*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *STAR child* Send a message via AIM to *STAR child* Send a message via MSN to *STAR child* Send a message via Yahoo to *STAR child*
OMG Its been 3 Years to the Month Since i hit a Hulla, Last time was an UNFUN experience. But you can tell i had a blast cuz my beetieful K-swiss' cameoutta dere BLACK eerg! Wheres ma toothbrush?? It's a night to remeba...hehe its was like going to my first hulla all ova again!!

Jeffy (Wolf )- Thank You soooooo Much Fer bringin Me You I can't Even begin to explain the amounts of fun That I had!!! You Outdid Yourself yet again. C'ya Tuesday fer Da Leafs game...BOOO Tampa!

To all Tha beautiful women Thanks fer being ma eyekandi all night...it was quite enjoyable.

Congrats Cris and Robin!!...Way 2 happy for ya guys! Keep it Real!

Keron- OMG! You Made me feel soo special. When I saw Ya my Heart like jumped half way across da room. Still lookin secksie as Hell! COME TO OAKVILLE DAMMIT!!! Luv Luv Luv!! *rapes ur Leg*

Bec and Fraser - OMG U 2 Are ta cutest. Sooo Beautiful!! *mwahs*

Ty- OMG told ya ud have fun..I love ya 2 mach!Hoora fer life size! (y'know wat i mean)

Joel - U tricked me...u said you weren't going!! LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIMMY- Move to Toronto!!...we luv u up here. Hooray fer beer!

Abbi- Isn't It Ironic? dontcha think?...question, did u accidentally take my hat back to Michigan witcha? I feel nakedness w.out ma purdy hat!!

Hope everyone got cd's if you didn't Then i didn't meetcha...lol.

Anyhews...i need like another 12hrs sleep so Peace out Y'all.
Old February 10th, 2004, 06:45 PM   #55
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
$ 4 bucks? who, greed to the extreme... ha ha, good thing I sneak in my water bottle**** evil laughter****

oh ya and I forgot to mention D-MINUS set was awesome, very impressed, I was.

Last edited by astralkid : February 10th, 2004 at 06:53 PM.
Old February 10th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #56
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Quote:
Originally posted by chipakapockets
My darling Siouxsie and I got there late, because of several transportation mix-ups. The first being a missed train to TO, but that led us to meet a great group of amazing ravers on the GO Train!

After that, the street car we were in being crashed into by a car further backed things up! Soon enough, however, we were in the line-up, and then inside. I don't know if anyone from the board was involved in that venture, though. Except Siouxsie, of course!

Damn you and your accident! We waited so long for a streetcar that never came, then our taxis got hung up at the accident when we did get to it, and we had to double back and take King instead
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:00 PM   #57
orbz
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Sim
I had such a good time, for those who dont know what I look like, I had white/grey camoflauge pants and a white t-shirt. I also had green glowsticks for the entire night

Ohhhh, you were the one with the green glowsticks! Of course, now I remember!

:P
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #58
orbz
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Sim

Ohhhh, you were the one with the green glowsticks! Of course, now I remember!

:P
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #59
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
My Hulla review, abridged version:

Music = amazing. Mannik playing the Luna-C tune = amazing. Frisky's cd skipping = amazing. AC with E.N.D = tripleamazingholyshit. Pete and Ian on Silver1's set = hilarious.

TONS of newbies at this one, hope you all had a blast, and hope we see you again for the next one. Some people, however, were amusingly clueless;

The guys during Kev Energy's set who said "I'm not digging this music, is this really happy hardcore?" and the guys during AC's set who said "does this guy play any happy hardcore or what?" need to read the flyer a little more closely.

The guy who came up to me wondering what a loonie was worth, I can understand. Yes, we have the exact same thing here, but you don't see them much so I can forgive it. But the guy who came up with a handful of quarters and said "I don't know what these are" ... well, they look exactly like American quarters and they say "25 cents" on them. Your powers of deduction are lacking.

Anyway, definitely one of the best Hullas in a while and good to see so many people supporting the American hardcore, even if they weren't sure what it was.
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:11 AM   #60
Sim
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Of course, now I remember

Heh I thought so. Did I forget to say that I was the only one with green glowsticks? Ya I can be in multiple places at once.

...and I got nothin...
Old February 11th, 2004, 03:06 AM   #61
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1

Sim - yeah man! I always make it out, even if it's just for a short while. I still go to see old friends and make new ones! ...and to hear one or two tracks i actually know

Jess - yeah yeah now it's my turn to call! haha

Tiffany - ahhhh i still can't believe you were there. So many crazy memories flew all around when I saw you again. haha when you saw me it was like a OMFG look and hug...I was glad you showed up cause I really didn't believe it when I heard you were gonna be there. Also great that you had such a good time I'm coming to visit for sure sometime
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:53 AM   #62
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally posted by Keron_DaFunky1
and btw to the mohawk crew...you guys are in one of the best pics of the night!

haha.. nice.. where can I see it?

As for my review.. I had a good time.. was my first hulla since get hype and i enjoyed this one a lot more. Kevin Energy rocked it...ummm, the bar staff was a lot friendlier this time as well.

Shout outs go to anybody I met that associates with the Michael Jatas board.. youre all crazy.

GODS MUST RAVE FOREVER

oh yeah.. hullabaloo too.
Old February 11th, 2004, 12:46 PM   #63
enD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to enD
I had the best time.

Thanks Frolic for booking me to MC at this one. I had an absolute blast!

Big epic shout outs to everyone I met.

GOODFELLAZ says Goodbye on September 13th, 2008!
www.goodfellaz.ca
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:10 PM   #64
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
^^^^

book him again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #65
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
I had the best time of my life. The sets were awesome, I didnt have one let down!! I got 2 meet a ton of people, saw a bunch of newbies, I also saw some old heads that I havent seen in awhile!!!

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:36 PM   #66
Poemi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Poemi Send a message via Yahoo to Poemi
END and AC fucking rocked to the max. SERIOUS. SO SERIOUS. THIS TREMBLING FIST!

I had an amazing time. Definitely the best hulla I've been to. The bartenders are such bitches though. I really disliked them alot. They need to settle down.

It was awesome to meet Keron finally, no soup for you! And Amy and Andrea too. And thanks Tranzit for the CD, definitely made the drive back lots more tolerable.

OH! Spunn! You didn't give Jenn her note! HEY!

And of course, <3 Robotpilot - Teva, David, and Leslie. Awesome outfits as usual, you guys are just amazing.
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:39 PM   #67
robotpilot
Hullaboarder

~so much good~

thanks to one & all
for an amazing time!

Old February 11th, 2004, 04:39 PM   #68
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally posted by Poemi
The bartenders are such bitches though. I really disliked them alot. They need to settle down.

Not as a bas as digital outlaws... they were stealing peoples change at that party and claiming it as extra tips.

But yeah.. I did get the same fake hard luck story this time about not getting paid and relying on tips.. but I'm not going to get picky since the one girl was nice to me about it.
Old February 12th, 2004, 08:23 AM   #69
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Quote:
Originally posted by Skittles17
Hullabaloo is like ecstasy -- you want it, you crave it, you can't live without it.. and before long, you get addicted to it. And then one day, you overdose on it, damn, that's a big mouth to fit Hulla into!

Didn't I have this as my signiture a while ago? I'm glad to see others incorporate things that come out of my head onto themselves
Quote:
And of course, <3 Robotpilot - Teva, David, and Leslie. Awesome outfits as usual, you guys are just amazing.

I think her name is Lindsay, not Leslie.
Old February 12th, 2004, 11:29 AM   #70
pinkbunny511
Hullaboarder

Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to pinkbunny511 Send a message via MSN to pinkbunny511 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunny511
oh my god, hulla was AMAZING. it was my first hulla.My crew came from detroit, and it was WELL WORTH IT. kevin energy = wow. everyone did an amazing job, and i wont miss the next one for the world!
If you think life is bad now, how would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. You get eaten once. It takes four minutes to get hard, only two minutes to get soft. You share your box with 11 other guys, but worst of all, the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mom! So cheer up, your life isnt that bad!

AIM: pinkbunny511
yahoo: pinkbunny511311
Old February 12th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #71
Dakota
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Dakota
Quote:
It was awesome to meet Keron finally, no soup for you! And Amy and Andrea too. And thanks Tranzit for the CD, definitely made the drive back lots more tolerable.

It was so great meeting you too.....and I'm in LOVE with the picture we took...tee hee....seriously, you are sex my dear!

see you at the next Hulla...maybe?
Old February 13th, 2004, 01:55 AM   #72
Poemi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Poemi Send a message via Yahoo to Poemi
I hope I'm going to the next one, I gotta start saving right now. ^^
Quote:
Originally posted by Seizure
I think her name is Lindsay, not Leslie.

??? Really? Oh, geez, I'm usually really good with names. I'm such a jerk!
Old February 13th, 2004, 08:02 AM   #73
robotpilot
Hullaboarder

i'm positive lyndsey will forgive you

so long as you promise to come back soon :P

Last edited by robotpilot : February 13th, 2004 at 08:05 AM.
Old February 13th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #74
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Quote:
The bartenders are such bitches though. I really disliked them alot. They need to settle down.

Which bar are you referring to, upstairs or downstairs? Could you tell me what they were doing? I'll speak with the management and get it addressed.
Old February 13th, 2004, 04:48 PM   #75
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
I know a lot of people were not recieving thier $1 change after purchasing a bottle of water with a five dollar bill. I know most people will probably leave the $1 as a tip but the fact that they were assuming this and not giving change was not something that made me that happy. It is already 4 bux for water (where else in Canada does it cost that much for water?) so I think they are already making money off of us purchasing it. I just refill mine anyways so i really don't mind, but if the Opera House doesn't pay thier emplyees that isn't my problem.

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl