User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old June 15th, 2004, 12:46 AM   #51
princess.tima
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to princess.tima
or maybe people could stop popping pills like candy.
your pills, your grass
your tits, your ass
your laughs, your balls, we want it all
we want your soul.
princess.tima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2004, 06:05 AM   #52
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess.tima
or maybe people could stop popping pills like candy.

Maybe if they stopped making them look like sweet tarts
- Thom Yorke
Saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #53
princess.tima
Hullaboarder

hahaha!
Old June 19th, 2004, 02:21 PM   #54
Captain Cheddar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Cheddar Send a message via AIM to Captain Cheddar Send a message via MSN to Captain Cheddar
The story said "According to the family member's account, the friends had MDMA, commonly known as ecstasy. They took the capsules shortly after arriving at the after-hours club."

It sounds like they are relying on the family member's account...no drug test? It could have been anything...nobody knows what's in those things...she could've been drinking...this is sad...I highly doubt MDMA caused an over dose. And about methamphetemines putting holes in the brain. MDMA IS a methamphetemine.

MDMA - Methyline Dioxy Methamphetemine

I just wanna punch the people that eat like 7 or 10 in one night...I'm not going to explain. The people that know how the drug works know that you only need one. If you can't "get high" off of one, then your doing too many...I think quitting altogether is the best solution. If your taking ecstacy, everything your feeling is essentially a lie....plur nothing. Respect your body and brain...the last letter of what allegedly makes our kind tick.

Last edited by Captain Cheddar : June 19th, 2004 at 02:25 PM.
Captain Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2004, 10:19 PM   #55
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cheddar
The story said "According to the family member's account, the friends had MDMA, commonly known as ecstasy. They took the capsules shortly after arriving at the after-hours club."

It sounds like they are relying on the family member's account...no drug test? It could have been anything...nobody knows what's in those things...she could've been drinking...this is sad...I highly doubt MDMA caused an over dose.

I agree, a blood test should have been done (and probably was, but not made publicly available, due to requests of the family) to investigate the precise cause of her death. The family member, no doubt, decided that she would confess her account of the story to the media. This doesnt' mean that the mother and father of the "victim" saw it necessary to let the public know exactly what their daughter was on at the time of her death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cheddar
And about methamphetemines putting holes in the brain. MDMA IS a methamphetemine.

MDMA - Methyline Dioxy Methamphetemine

MDMA has a mehtamphetamine base. Actually, methamphetamines have an amphetamine base. Because it contains the chemical structure of another drug does not indicate it will cause the same damage as the similarly constructed drug. It does not even mean it will give the same affects as the similar drug. MDA does not act in the same way as speed... but it has an amphetamine structure in it.

MDMA causes alterations to the growth of neurons but, as of yet, has not been prooven to "punch holes in your brain." Technically, as of yet there is no concrete evidence to support exactly what MDMA does do to you. Different tests from different scientists show completely contrary findings. For isntance, claiming that it "dries out your spinal fluid" is a rediculous claim. The only way they can test for amounts of spinal fluid is after the subject is dead... that can and does alter the levels of spinal fluid in the body, making these tests absolutely worthless. Tests that many of the commonly believed "affects of MDMA on the human physiology" have been taken from several different studies which have since been prooven to be dismissable due to outside factors. A study performed in California (I might be wrong about where it was performed) on six lab monkeys which were injected with liquid MDMA was admitted, just this September, to have false results. Five of the six lab monkeys were injected with mislabeled vials containing liquid amphetamine (speed) instead of liquid MDMA. This can cause quite a swing in the results of a study. The results of this study have now been dismissed by the world's scientific community. Other tests were taken from a man who used MDMA throughout his life and, upon death, submitted his body to be examined for the affects of MDMA. Unfortunately, MDMA was not his only experimented with drug. The man's body had been abused by a long list of illicit and non-illicit substances. Studying this man's body and brain will never be able to proove the damages of use/abuse of any particular substance because of this.

In the end, it still is not known exactly what the negative long term affects of the use/abuse of MDMA are. Either way, I can guarantee they're not good. But spreading false information is a silly idea. When people find out that they have been being taught lies about drugs, they will in many cases assume that, since they were being lied to about the drugs, perhaps the drugs don't actually cause any harm to them. People should learn to preach truths or nothing about drugs. The only way to ensure a drug-free society and/or generation is through truth, not deceit.

It's true that, no matter how tight they make club security, people are going to continue to find ways to sneak drugs in or, if all else fails, take them before entering the club/event of destination. Many people still do drugs for the fact that they are "rebelling" by doing something illegal. This adds quite a bit of glamour to drug use for many many people (mostly teens). I theorize that the laws against drugs are the reason they are being used so frequently. Look at Holland, sporting one of the world's lowest drug use-per capita rates!! Although drugs are illegal in Holland, the police have not enforced drug laws in over thirty years. The first few years (as much as a decade, I think... I can't remember right now) drug use soared among their population, but then burned itself out. As one of Holland's political leaders (I can't remember if they have a president, prime minister, etc.) quite aptly put it, "My country has succeeded in making drug use boring." By not enforcing the laws and allowing drugs to be, in essence, "legal," the idea of doing drugs and "doing something you're not supposed to" - being a rebel - vanished. After the brief climax due to the fact that many people most obviously thought to themselves, "holy crap!! If it's legal, I'm gonna try it!" drug use plummeted in the country. That has prooven to be a very effective means of elliminating drug use in their country. Just the same, though, I suppose that wouldn't really work to prevent the tragedy at hand if the girl was completely intent on using ecstasy. If she was doing it "just to be a rebel" or something to that effect, then it deffinitely would have stopped it.

PLUR,

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Last edited by chipakapockets : June 19th, 2004 at 10:28 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention much about the original topic of this thread... that's bad... and rude... and derailing a thread!!
chipakapockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2004, 01:22 AM   #56
Sexy.kitten
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Sexy.kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipakapockets
I agree, a blood test should have been done (and probably was, but not made publicly available, due to requests of the family) to investigate the precise cause of her death. The family member, no doubt, decided that she would confess her account of the story to the media. This doesnt' mean that the mother and father of the "victim" saw it necessary to let the public know exactly what their daughter was on at the time of her death!

MDMA has a mehtamphetamine base. Actually, methamphetamines have an amphetamine base. Because it contains the chemical structure of another drug does not indicate it will cause the same damage as the similarly constructed drug. It does not even mean it will give the same affects as the similar drug. MDA does not act in the same way as speed... but it has an amphetamine structure in it.

MDMA causes alterations to the growth of neurons but, as of yet, has not been prooven to "punch holes in your brain." Technically, as of yet there is no concrete evidence to support exactly what MDMA does do to you. Different tests from different scientists show completely contrary findings. For isntance, claiming that it "dries out your spinal fluid" is a rediculous claim. The only way they can test for amounts of spinal fluid is after the subject is dead... that can and does alter the levels of spinal fluid in the body, making these tests absolutely worthless. Tests that many of the commonly believed "affects of MDMA on the human physiology" have been taken from several different studies which have since been prooven to be dismissable due to outside factors. A study performed in California (I might be wrong about where it was performed) on six lab monkeys which were injected with liquid MDMA was admitted, just this September, to have false results. Five of the six lab monkeys were injected with mislabeled vials containing liquid amphetamine (speed) instead of liquid MDMA. This can cause quite a swing in the results of a study. The results of this study have now been dismissed by the world's scientific community. Other tests were taken from a man who used MDMA throughout his life and, upon death, submitted his body to be examined for the affects of MDMA. Unfortunately, MDMA was not his only experimented with drug. The man's body had been abused by a long list of illicit and non-illicit substances. Studying this man's body and brain will never be able to proove the damages of use/abuse of any particular substance because of this.

In the end, it still is not known exactly what the negative long term affects of the use/abuse of MDMA are. Either way, I can guarantee they're not good. But spreading false information is a silly idea. When people find out that they have been being taught lies about drugs, they will in many cases assume that, since they were being lied to about the drugs, perhaps the drugs don't actually cause any harm to them. People should learn to preach truths or nothing about drugs. The only way to ensure a drug-free society and/or generation is through truth, not deceit.

It's true that, no matter how tight they make club security, people are going to continue to find ways to sneak drugs in or, if all else fails, take them before entering the club/event of destination. Many people still do drugs for the fact that they are "rebelling" by doing something illegal. This adds quite a bit of glamour to drug use for many many people (mostly teens). I theorize that the laws against drugs are the reason they are being used so frequently. Look at Holland, sporting one of the world's lowest drug use-per capita rates!! Although drugs are illegal in Holland, the police have not enforced drug laws in over thirty years. The first few years (as much as a decade, I think... I can't remember right now) drug use soared among their population, but then burned itself out. As one of Holland's political leaders (I can't remember if they have a president, prime minister, etc.) quite aptly put it, "My country has succeeded in making drug use boring." By not enforcing the laws and allowing drugs to be, in essence, "legal," the idea of doing drugs and "doing something you're not supposed to" - being a rebel - vanished. After the brief climax due to the fact that many people most obviously thought to themselves, "holy crap!! If it's legal, I'm gonna try it!" drug use plummeted in the country. That has prooven to be a very effective means of elliminating drug use in their country. Just the same, though, I suppose that wouldn't really work to prevent the tragedy at hand if the girl was completely intent on using ecstasy. If she was doing it "just to be a rebel" or something to that effect, then it deffinitely would have stopped it.

PLUR,

Chip

Very beautifly put sweetie I recomend that others take time to read this.
Sexy.kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2004, 02:44 AM   #57
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Quote:
MDMA causes alterations to the growth of neurons but, as of yet, has not been prooven to "punch holes in your brain."

Sorry, it isn't even prooven that MDMA causes alterations in the growth of neurons, but there are alot of research results pointing in that direction.

PLUR,

Chip
Old June 21st, 2004, 03:33 PM   #58
princess.tima
Hullaboarder

here's a thought:
don't want an ecstasy related death? don't take it.
Old June 21st, 2004, 11:24 PM   #59
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

The only way to encourage people not to take a drug, such as ecstasy, is to tell them the truth about it. That's why I put that there. If you want to spread bullshit to everyone about drugs, like saying "LSD stays in your system for seven years" when people find out the truth, guess what? They normally stop looking there. "Oh... I've been lied to... this drug must be safe" is a common result of realizing the common misconceptions behind many drugs. If people are lied to about drugs, it only encourages use of drugs, because most people don't bother to do the research in the first place, hence putting themselves in dangerous situations.
Old June 21st, 2004, 11:43 PM   #60
Xphox
Hullaboarder
Penguin Bashing Champion! High Score: 3235 

Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Xphox Send a message via MSN to Xphox
Right.... If your friend is too fucked up to even talk, and you know it's not cause they are stuck in the k hole.. maybe you should get some freaking help.

Last summer, one of my friends was on some sort of anti-depressent, and decided to drink... None of us knew he was on this pill, but he had this glazed over look in his eyes.. right then and there we called an ambulance, thinking he must have taken something without telling us. The ambulance got there just as he started to seizure. He's find now, they pumped is stomac, and he stayed alive. If we would have waited 10 min. like he asked us, he would be dead.

I'm saying this because, you know when something isn't right... don't try to be all tough, and walk it off..

Just like people who know they are going to puke, but refuse to get up, and puke.. They try to hold it, and explode all over the place...
Xphox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2004, 03:32 AM   #61
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

I think in this case, it may not have been only lack of knowledge that brought this situation on, but fear of the reaction of the authorities (in this case, perhaps both legal/medical authorities and the parents of the sick teenager).

People deffinitely need to learn to admit when they're too messed up to be able to handle themselves. Or better yet, not to put themselves in that situation when such an event is a possibility.

I guess in this case, though, there really wasn't any thought that that would be a posibility.

PLUR,

Chip
Old June 22nd, 2004, 03:38 AM   #62
Sexy.kitten
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Sexy.kitten
Yeah, personally I know my limits and I know when I cross them. I think it would be hard to not know when you have crossed your limits.
Sexy.kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 10:12 AM   #63
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy.kitten
Yeah, personally I know my limits and I know when I cross them. I think it would be hard to not know when you have crossed your limits.

Sometimes your limits may be that one pill. How do you know what you are getting. And dont give me the I know who I buy off of thing, because they dont even know what you're getting.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 06:09 PM   #64
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
another thing to remember is mixing drugs is incredibly dangerous... people know their limits w/ one drug (say alcohol, as that girl had been drinking) and decide to mix it with e.. next thing you know their eyes are rolling back in their head and they're convulsing. People find their limits with one drug and decide to start mixing em to get stronger effects or they're in the mood for the effects of another drug. After hearing a friends story of mixing alcohol and e this past weekend, i'd never consider that ever again (only did once, and have since quit using all drugs... ) Taking a strong stimulant after depressants is a huge shock to your body and can cause cardiac arrest.
CandyGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2004, 12:52 AM   #65
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
I think that more people should research about the drug before they take it and know what to do in case something bad does happen. At mine and Laura's very first party we took pills for the first time. But while mine was great she didn't react well to it. Partly because she was paranoid. But she started getting tired and stuff and no one really knew what to do. It turns out everything was okay. After her sitting down for a few hours she was eventually back up dancing with the help of some great friends. But that scared me. The next day i spent the day researching anything i could find on E. Now i know ALOT about it. I've talked to people about it so i know what to do if something were to go wrong again. The first mistake the girl made was drinking. You're not supposed to drink and take E at the same time because of the dehydration that occurs. Her friends weren't all that bright either.....If you choose to take E at least know what it is ur taking. I know that no one has any possibly way of knowing what's in a pill but at least know the side effects..like know about drinking too little water or too much water..or being too hot..just little stuff like that could probably save a life...

PR-*Bubbles_24*

MSN- Naughty_Hotty_16@hotmail.com

HeArTbEaTz
Bubbles_2486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2004, 04:48 AM   #66
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Speaking of E particularly, people who do their research will most deffinitely find that street ecstasy is not pure MDMA. If you decide to take it, knowing these risks, then you obviously acknowledge and accept them, or you really shouldn't be making yoru own decisions.

If someone is going to take a drug without doing the research on it themselves, they are putting themself in a dangerous situation.

It is true, the girls should have known not to mix ecstasy with alcohol but, unfortunately, alot of people do, because their friends will tell them how "great it feels" or that it's "not dangerous at all." Sadly, alot false things are taught to people about drugs through word of mouth. Alot of people over-hydrate on ecstasy because they're told to drink alot of water, or do other silly things that can cause them to become sick, or even die, when doing these things while having MDMA in their system. This girl is a prime example of this.

Know your drug. Know your body. Know your mind.

If you're going to do a drug, regardless of the fact that it is MOST DEFFINITELY bad for your health, research it first. As more and more emphasis is placed on people not doing drugs, it will inevitably become a more and moer tantalizing "forbidden fruit." The only thing that can really be done to stem the flow of casualties is to encourage people to know what they're doing, through personal research.

PLUR,

Chip

Last edited by chipakapockets : June 24th, 2004 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Printer 3 keeps having misfolds and other errors... didn't know when I'd get back to this.
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:07 AM   #67
Saffron
Hullaboarder

^^ sometimes I agree with you. This is one of those times.
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:16 AM   #68
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

If you agreed with me all the time, then you'd be my mental clone. I'd just prefer that if you don't agree with me you don't bite my head off!! :P If we get along, it makes the world a happier place!

When it comes to stuff like this, I really know what I'm talking about (although peoples agreement with my oppinions will doubtlessly vary). I've done enough research projects on this shit through highschool to have developed a strongly backed oppinion. That's why I'm pro-legalization for alot of substances. Holland has boasted one of the world's lowest drug-use per capita counts. Why? Because it has legalized drugs, removing the "forbidden fruit" aspect of them. Within less than a decade of ceasing enforcement of drug laws, Holland succeeded in making drug use "boring." That same thing would happen here. However, there would also be the negative affect of a rapid increase in drug use, before this were to occur.

PLUR,

Chip
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:03 PM   #69
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

never say "leaglization", that word scares the shit outta ppl, use "regulation" then they wanna hear more, believe me it works, think about it.........
GlowRaver4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:27 AM   #70
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Yeah... that's a good point. Thanks. Maybe that'll get a little bit better of a reception of my ideas from some peoples.

PLUR,

Chip
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:41 AM   #71
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

when ppl hear legalization, they think free-for-all drug use, while driving and working and everything. If you explain that regulation is the key, they seem to be more receptive. I always reference the way we regulate alchohol, cuz it's a legal substance that the average person can relate to. Just mentioning it cuz spreading the word on "responsible regulation" is the only way we are gonna be able to change things. GET ACTIVE PEOPLE!
Old June 25th, 2004, 05:19 AM   #72
Saffron
Hullaboarder

You cannot compare alcohol with chemical drugs. Cmon now.
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #73
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

Not compairing the drugs to alchohol, just the way that we regulate them. I'm for the regulation of marijuana only. I'm saying that we should regulate marijuana similar to the way that we regulate alchohol. I'm not down for other drugs yet. Let's take this one small step at a time. I think we all agree that marijuana is not nearly as harmful as most "harder" drugs. If anything, I think the drug laws should be made harsher for other "harder" drugs. And also made harsher for things like driving while under the influence. Just my opinion.
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:46 PM   #74
princess.tima
Hullaboarder

why just marijuana?
most drugs have medicinal properties. why discriminate?
and i still say that if you don't want to risk dying, don't take anything that's potentially dangerous. it's not rocket science.
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #75
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
You cannot compare alcohol with chemical drugs. Cmon now.

You're absolutely right. Alcohol kills more than 10 times as many people.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote