User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 18th, 2004, 03:36 PM   #26
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsweetcandie
lol, yes. Did i meet you in my brief time at hulla?

I have no idea... no one introduced themselves to me as "bonsweetcandie" :P
Old April 18th, 2004, 03:45 PM   #27
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
hmmm, i can't really remember either....lol
as probably (if i did) introduced myself as bon...
meh
Old April 18th, 2004, 03:48 PM   #28
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
no one intruduced themselves to me as bon either... so my guess is no.... and since I woke up late (7:45pm) and was supposed to meet people at 8:30... i got ready as quick as possible and jumped out... while on the subway... i realized.. in my haste to get ready and leave... I forgot to shave... my bald head with unshaven face... pretty nasty eh? lol no one everyone, other than the people who actually knew me, avoided me
Old April 18th, 2004, 03:48 PM   #29
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I never involve myself in security issues, but if you or anyone feel that something went down differently than how security thinks it did I would suggest calling the opera house later this week and speaking with the owner, Athena at 416-466-0313. She's a cool rational person and it's worth talking with her if there's more to the story. Other people have done this.
Old April 18th, 2004, 03:58 PM   #30
DaveKilljoy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DaveKilljoy
I thought it wasn an awesome rave, i realy liked anabolic and subsonic. I still gotta get more aquainted with the music though, i ahve only been to 2 other raves.

MSN | Davekilljoy@hotmail.com
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #31
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKilljoy
I thought it wasn an awesome rave, i realy liked anabolic and subsonic. I still gotta get more aquainted with the music though, i ahve only been to 2 other raves.

Not sure how to help you with the jungle part... but I can help a bit.. www.digitallyimported.com they have trance and hardcore internet radio streams
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:07 PM   #32
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
I only knew one jungle song played haha.
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #33
Seizure
Hullaboarder

I didn't know any of them... I was too busy sitting on the floor.. holding my head in pain... jungle always gives me a headache... except for Marcus Visionary at Enchanted.. that was the FIRST and ONLY jungle set I've ever enjoyed... since I started partying in 1999.
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:22 PM   #34
DaveKilljoy
Hullaboarder

Thnx seizure, i'm chekin out the happyhourradio. I have only been to one jungle rave, and it will surely be the last, i didnt enjoy it @ all, same basic beat and some shmo yellin stuff i cant understand.
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #35
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Thnx seizure, i'm chekin out the happyhourradio. I have only been to one jungle rave, and it will surely be the last, i didnt enjoy it @ all, same basic beat and some shmo yellin stuff i cant understand.

Amen. Now imagine having a huge headache for the entire jungle set at Hulla... that was my reality

Happyhourradio is good.. I haven't listened to that in a few years now....

The only streams I listen to on DI (DigitallyImported) are Hardcore, Hard Trance and Goa/Psy Trance ones... in fact.. I'm streaming the hardcore one as we speak... been streaming it since I got home from Hulla
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #36
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Quote:
and some shmo yellin stuff i cant understand.

hahaha, I agree with that!!! I never been to a jungle rave, and I'm never going to.
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #37
DaveKilljoy
Hullaboarder

Jungle is surely not my Bag. I think i saw you last night, I just got a glimps of your back. You were the one who made that shirt that said "i'm a weaver from the hullaborad" or sumthing on the back.
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #38
Seizure
Hullaboarder

I wouldn't really categorize them at 'jungle raves'... but the closest thing to a 'jungle rave' I've been to... would be Bittersweet and 2 Liquid Adrenaline parties... and all 3 of them sucked hardcore...
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:37 PM   #39
DaveKilljoy
Hullaboarder

Jungle is just a pain to us all, i say we abolish jungle once and for all. You with me Lads? =P
Old April 18th, 2004, 05:11 PM   #40
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
Say what? Spinz was Fucking amazing! best memory of the night had to be when he played that fugees track *me and my best girl running to the stage screaming w000t!*
Old April 18th, 2004, 05:18 PM   #41
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Jungle is just a pain to us all, i say we abolish jungle once and for all. You with me Lads? =P

I agree with you 100%...
Old April 18th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #42
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Talking

okay...so back to the reviews and whatnot

I missed the February Hulla due to other personal commitments, and I didn't realize how much I had missed the hullaba-atmosphere until last night. I dunno about everyone else, and maybe it's just me and my personality, but I always feel really good about myself at hulla...i make a lot of new friends, and get to know old ones even better...anywho, it's a good self-esteem boost right when finals are getting underway and goodness knows i need it

The music rocked as per usual...I thought Breeze was good, not the best I've heard at hulla (he didn't get us moving as much as others have/did) but he played some good tracks which always makes me happy. Frolic's set (complete with dancing behind the decks) was amazing. I danced hard, and pumped my foam finger in the air like there was no tomorrow. Silver1's set was really good...I enjoyed having him in the middle of the night/after Frolic...more energy from the crowd and he plays great tracks (mmm...pacific sun). I'm usually not a trance fan, but I found myself bopping along to subsonic chronic's set while I mingled in the crowd, so that was cool.

The MCs were great. It was SOOOOOOOO nice to see MCED back safe and sound on the stage where he belongs. Gobstoppa reciting lines from homestar runner made my night...i seriously almost wet my pants. Jumper giving the shout out to his daughter was super cute...i'm interested to see how she turns out in 15 years

And as always, the people absolutely made my night. After not hullaing with Jordan or Sunny since September, it was so great to be with them again. The Brits (Emma and Peter...if you didn't meet them you really missed out!) were absolutely great...Hopefully we'll get to party with you in the UK sometime! Tryppy and Jamgirl (and co.) were great (thanks for all the hugs Tryp...definitely the best of the night). MC 2C-B Chris wearing the tie we bought you was awesome, and krystal it's always a pleasure. Sims it was great to finally put a full body with the avatar...you're super cute and I look forward to hanging out with you again in July...Ditto with MoonDancer Kris! You're always such a sweetheart on the board, but I was beginning to think maybe you didn't really exist in real life Can't wait to see you again! Seizure I totally saw you as I was leaving and waved and said "hi!"...I'm sorry I didn't see you beforehand! I'll make more of a "seizure seeking effort" next time The Rochester crew was great as always...we live so close, we should really all hang out more often! Kelly and Mr. Magoo you were great...always a lot of fun to dance with! To everyone else I saw and have thus forgotten in this post, I haven't forgotten you in my hulla heart

To the people who weren't there (Robotpilot crew, Kates and Louie, Carrie, Oki, Kandeegirl Jennnnnnn, etc) we really missed you a lot...you get so used to seeing people and then they're not there and it's weird. Hopefully we'll all catch up in July (or sooner!)

Pictures will be up soon hopefully...if my computer stops hating me that is...I'm gonna go take a nap

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine

Last edited by itsgigglegirl : April 18th, 2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old April 18th, 2004, 05:32 PM   #43
tranceaholic144
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to tranceaholic144
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsweetcandie
Say what? Spinz was Fucking amazing! best memory of the night had to be when he played that fugees track *me and my best girl running to the stage screaming w000t!*
Yea, i don't know why you guys are bashing Spinz, he was amazing. Jungle is amazing... I totally forgot that Jungle was gonna be played last night, when it came on i was going crazy
Old April 18th, 2004, 05:32 PM   #44
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Jungle is surely not my Bag. I think i saw you last night, I just got a glimps of your back. You were the one who made that shirt that said "i'm a weaver from the hullaborad" or sumthing on the back.

YEP that was me lol.
Old April 18th, 2004, 05:33 PM   #45
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
oh yeah...and to the newbies who begged for bracelets from me: that's really lame and not at all in the spirit of it...I ran out of ugly kandi early in the night...i guess i need to start making more for the mooching masses
Old April 18th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #46
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Decided to go last minute but was stopped by technology* long story*..... Glad u all had fun, see u @ LOTR
Old April 18th, 2004, 05:56 PM   #47
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgigglegirl
oh yeah...and to the newbies who begged for bracelets from me: that's really lame and not at all in the spirit of it...I ran out of ugly kandi early in the night...i guess i need to start making more for the mooching masses

Which is exactly why.. when jaime_rayne started that thread.. asking for edvice for hulla... I mentioned NOT TO ASK PEOPLE FOR BRACLETTES... it annoys us all... I dunno why you gave it to them... if a newbie asks me for a braclette... I'll just say "No, these aren't for giving away"... but if a newbie offers a trade... I might consider..
Old April 18th, 2004, 06:18 PM   #48
DaveKilljoy
Hullaboarder

I"ve never asked anyone for bracelets, no matter how nice ravers are its juss not cool to impose. How many raves untill i am not a newbie anymore..i'm currently at 4..
Old April 18th, 2004, 06:20 PM   #49
Seizure
Hullaboarder

You got another 4 months to go.. at least
Old April 18th, 2004, 06:26 PM   #50
DaveKilljoy
Hullaboarder

Blast...all hulla's are @ the opera house right?