Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Sail Away
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 20th, 2004, 07:20 AM   #1
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ~CrEaMy~ Send a message via MSN to ~CrEaMy~
Major Props For Sail Away... and Shout Outs...

I know that I could have made a post under any number of other threads to share my experience of Hulla. But something tells me it is more important to make a new thread. Hopefully in return, more people will be interested in reading it, and not just scanning through it.

I want to start out by saying that this party was off the hook. I truly have not been to as amazing of a party for close to the last 3-4 years. Your culture is awesome... everything there made me feel like I was walking into a Utah Rave 3+ years ago. It was the best feeling and vybe.

The Utah scene became jaded. People that were amazing Kandi Kids stripped their Kandi, and either threw them away or broke them. Their may be some kids that have hidden it in their closets as memories of the past. But for the most part, their are no true Kandi Kids in the Utah scene anymore. Part of this reason is because the new kids are coming in and wanting to be Kandi Kids. But they have no one to teach them. Kids now a days are considered as Plastic Kids by some... which is definitely a pretty huge diss. Kandi became so incredibly related to drugs, that people wanted to stop wearing their Kandi because of the name they were getting. For one reason or another Kandi Kids make up the largest part of a vybe at a Rave, whether sober or not.

I myself shed my Kandi and placed it in my closet. Sometimes I will bring it out and wear it to a party. But nothing is the same. However, I wore my Kandi with pride at Hulla. I did not wear near all of the Kandi I own. But I wanted to represent anyway. The one thing I wish I had the money and time for was to have made some Kandi to give away at this party. I felt like I missed out on an important part of Hulla. However, I am definitely going to make Kandi the next time I come out there.

One thing that I found somewhat intimidating and hard was coming out of my shell, and talking to people. Only myself and Onyx were there, and most of the time I was by myself. It was awesomehaving people introduce themselves, and showing that they cared. I have lacked being like that for quite some time now. But with your examples... I am going to become something more again.

Once again... the vybe was incredible; and I was sober the whole night. I couldn't have asked for more. You each gave me a reason to smile, and I felt like I was reborn. It has been a very long time since I have had someone come up and ask me if I was okay. It's been a long time since I have seen some one go out of their way to make me smile. It has been a long time since random people wanted to come up and start a conversation out of no where. The scene reawakened me, and I found that I was missing a part of myself. I truly want to become the person I was when I first started in the scene. With your examples I want to show the Utah scene what has been missing, and hopefully start to create a new feeling and vybe. I don't know that it could ever compare to what I felt in Toronto. But if you believe in something enough, anything is possible.

I want you all to know that I love you all, and the way that you represent a scene. I truly hope that it never dies. Please don't give up on the scene, don't get jaded, and don't bring people down with you. Keep the scene alive, and keep on dancing and keeping it real until I have a chance to come back down to dance the night away with all of you once again.

I want to give some special shout outs. I want to apologize about the fact that this is going to be pretty short, and more then likely I will miss saying your name. One of two reasons I might now shout out to you, would be:
1- It was to loud to hear what your names were at the party.
2- I find myself having a hard time to remember names for the most part anymore.

I want to give shouts out to all of the DJ's and MC's though first. You kept the party going, and jumping. I give you all major props for making the scene what it is. You are the reasons Raves are around. Your music definitely made me keep up and dancing virtually all night. It's been quite a long time since I have danced so hard. I have to admit that I have never felt much like I was into Happy Hardcore. But after this night, how can I turn away the amazing music you guys were busting out. You have made a believer out of me.

Anabolic Frolic- You were the main reason I brought Onyx out there. I want to thank you for helping me give her the most amazing night of her life. Thank you as well for taking a picture with her, and signing to CD's for her as well. And thank you for throwing such an amazing party. Also... for e-mailing me and showing how real and awesome you seem to be. I wish that I would have had the chance to meet you in person. But I guess I will have to wait until next time. I would however, like to let you know that one day I definitely want to bring you to Salt Lake. I'll keep in touch when it comes to these matters. Guaranteed!

Neverlandgurl - I want to say that it was truly awesome finally getting the chance to talk to you. I'm glad that you showed up, and that I was finally able to meet you in person. Thank you for giving me some Kandi to give out. It was awesome for you to do something like that. However, I kind of feel dirty because of it. Next time I will definitely bring out my own to give away. Thank you for talking to me about Hulla before it happened, and keeping me excited to come out there. I truly want to keep in touch with you, and attempt to make you a really good friend. Your truly worth it.

Candyraver and Jess - You two were the first people I introduced myself to at the party. You were in a way, the gateway to my night. I was timid about meeting people. But after I made the first step to meeting you both, things just fell into place after that. I want to let you both know that you seem like really cute little Kandi girls. Which definitely made me smile whenever I saw you kids around during the night. Hopefully I will have more chances down the road to get to know both of you better. By the time I come out for my next Hulla, I want to be comfortable with the two of you.

Skittles- I didn't get much of a chance to talk to you during the night. But from what I felt and saw you seem to be a pretty amazing person. One of which is in it's way the head of the scene. I look up to you for the vybe you gave out. Thank you for talking to me and giving me some insight to the Toronto scene. People like you were what I was going for. I only have one question for you however: What happened to the Cherry Beach party? Hope to talk to you in the near future.

Ashley - I do not actually know if you took my advice or not to get onto this board. But hopefully you do. I just want to let you know that it as awesome the way you treated me, and just came up and started a conversation. It was one of the things that made me smile the most throughout the night. I especially thank you for taking the time to introduce me to your friends. Hopefully we can stay in touch.

RallyRaver and girlfriend - You were two of the people I talked to the most at Hulla. And I definitely had a lot of fun being able to chat. I want to apologize for the little bit of drama that occurred, but I am glad that I was able to make it up to the both of you. Hopefully in the long run you both had an amazing night. I don't know that I will have enough money to come to Detroit next month, but we'll see. I definitely want to keep in touch with you kids however. Oh, and I hope that I got the right name?

(more continued in next post)
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:26 AM   #2
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

(continued from last post)

Onyx - I want to give you the biggest shout out of the night. And I have any number of reasons for doing as such. I want to first off say however, that I am going to speak my mind. Because for a thread like this it deserves to be open, and to be the truth. I am not going to hide behind my feelings in this thread. I'm sorry if this offends you... or makes you mad at me. It is not how I want it to be taken.

For anyone that met Onyx, you probably saw some amazing characteristics. She is fun loving, free spirited, happy, and one of the most amazingly beautiful Kandi Kids you might ever meet. Her soul is just as amazing as any other part of her. The whole package to some degree is perfection at it's best.

I want you to know that I love you. I know that you already know this, but once again it needs to be said. I truly wish that I could go back into time and correct the past. I would give anything for that opportunity. But I don't have any choice but to push on with the future. Hopefully one day I will be able to prove myself to you again.

I want you to know that I am incredibly happy that I was able to give you the most amazing night of your life. In some ways I hope that nothing will ever come close to comparing. I mean you deserve the very best, and deserve to have amazing things happen to you. I just want this to be untopable though. It makes me feel good knowing what I was able to do for you. Of course, if I ever get the chance to top it in the future, that's okay.

I did this for you... and I am glad that I was able to share it with you. A part of me that was dead because of the down fall of the Utah scene, got rekindled at this party. I want to be a better person. I want to teach new Ravers responsibility, and help them become really good people. I want to take people in and take care of them. I want to give back to the Utah scene, some thing it gave to me a very long time ago. I have my mind set... I just don't know how much I will be able to do by myself. But if I believe enough, anything is possible.

So, in away this night was definitely for me as well. I had the night of my life. The vybe was incredible. The only downfall of the night was the slight amount of depression. Things just went down hill for awhile that night. Part of the reason I haven't told you, is that I saw so many happy Kandi Kid couples, and it made me wish that I could be with you. I miss the way we once were. Two of the happiest and most in love couples in the scene. I wish I could have that back.

If we ever go back to Hulla, I hope that we are together when it happens. I know it would be that much more amazing with us.

I am letting you go for now. Find your wings and fly where ever you have to. And if things are meant to be, which I hope that they are. One day I will be able to make you incredibly happy again, and we can have a chance for the infinite future.

Once again... I love you... and I wish you the best for everything. You are truly amazing... and I have never doubted it. You're perfect in my eyes!

Oh... and by the way... I truly love HHC now. I'm glad I was able to experience it with you. I needed to get away from Salt Lake, and I am glad this is where we went. We can both grow from here, and I'm sure that we will.

Kids... keep on dancing... keep it real... and keep faith in your scene. The moment I get my finances straightened out, I will definitely be out there again dancing beside each of you.

For any of you that I didn't get the chance to meet. I can only hope that I have the chance next time round.

You are a big part of my life now... if you will keep in touch until I can be there again. I love all of you and what you represent. My love for your scene is amazing... and I miss you all already.

Much Love,
~CrEaMy~ Matt

P.S.- If any of this doesn't make sense, or whatnot. Its because it is now 4:13 am, and I am really tired. I couldn't sleep before... then when I was writing this, I got tired. But I had to finish. Lots of Love and PLUR to all of you kids.
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:46 AM   #3
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
^^ gawd damn man... took me a while to read but that sure made me happy reading it. I didn't get a chance to meet you *that i know of* but I'm really glad you had a great time. It's people like YOU that help keep the vibe alive.

Onyx sounds like a amazing person....and trust me when I say this. I know just how you feel. That made me tear up. Your a g00d guy and keep it happy.
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #4
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Neverlandgurl - I want to say that it was truly awesome finally getting the chance to talk to you. I'm glad that you showed up, and that I was finally able to meet you in person. Thank you for giving me some Kandi to give out. It was awesome for you to do something like that. However, I kind of feel dirty because of it. Next time I will definitely bring out my own to give away. Thank you for talking to me about Hulla before it happened, and keeping me excited to come out there. I truly want to keep in touch with you, and attempt to make you a really good friend. Your truly worth it.
awwww it was great meeting you too kiddo and i'm glad you had such an awesome time. i didn't see much of you...but i did see onyx a lot at the front of the stage with me...she was fun
and don't feel dirty about me giving you kandi to give out...you needed it, i gave it..don't feel dirty cause i wanted you to have a super awesome hulla

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:56 AM   #5
meisemily
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
its times like this i wish my parents read message boards ha. they'd stop giving me shiznat
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:59 AM   #6
.:jess:.
Hullaboarder

Photos: 36  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to .:jess:. Send a message via MSN to .:jess:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:jess:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CrEaMy~

Candyraver and Jess - You two were the first people I introduced myself to at the party. You were in a way, the gateway to my night. I was timid about meeting people. But after I made the first step to meeting you both, things just fell into place after that. I want to let you both know that you seem like really cute little Kandi girls. Which definitely made me smile whenever I saw you kids around during the night. Hopefully I will have more chances down the road to get to know both of you better. By the time I come out for my next Hulla, I want to be comfortable with the two of you.

I'm glad you had such a good time, holly and i did as well. Its cool because it was both yours and my, first Hulla. Even though i don't remember actually meeting you, i really believe you're an awesome guy. Holly and I will both be at the next Hulla for sure, we hope to see you there, we'll dance the night away and have the night of our lives.
Hope to see you soon.
jess.
Old April 20th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #7
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
I didn't get to meet you but after reading your previous posts from before the party I'm glad that you did decide to make the trip up to toronto. Hullabaloo is definatly worth it!

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old April 20th, 2004, 04:29 PM   #8
kandieuphoria
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kandieuphoria
thanks

wow that almost put tears in my eyes. that just made my jadedness fade. i remember my first hulla...I rememeber wearing all the kandi I owned and unfortunatly i too have put most of it away. i really needed that. thanks, hope I get to meet you sometime
Old April 20th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #9
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
Glad you enjoyed it. Hullabaloo is sacred to me... its pure happiness.
Old April 20th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #10
Toye
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toye
Haha this reminds of what a smart move I made when I saw my ex and avoided her. Phew. ; p

For me the past is the past. : )
Old April 20th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #11
.:candyraver:.
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to .:candyraver:. Send a message via MSN to .:candyraver:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CrEaMy~

Awww thanx so much, it was really awesome meeting you too (and everyone else as well) I had an awesome night! This post made me really happy, it made me remember how much fun I had! YAY HULLA!
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #12
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:38 PM   #13
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
It's times like these I wished I didn't have ADHD and got bored of reading after the 3rd line
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:15 PM   #14
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Props to all the friends of Bart that I can't remember the names of =)

Heh, ADHD is awso... OMFG it's raining weeeE!
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:03 AM   #15
[SQUARE]
Hullaboarder

Its great that you enjoyed the part-ay

fun fun fun happy happy happy!
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:06 AM   #16
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
Aww... *wipes tears*

i wish i found you at hulla! i was totally looking for you!
Your post is amazing. Frolic should frame it in case he ever (for some crazy reason) gets sick of hulla, so he can remember how much we *need* Hullabaloos.

Much love
Old April 21st, 2004, 03:59 AM   #17
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

First off I just want to thank all of the kids that have responded.

I really believe that I will be coming up there again by the end of this year one way or another. So, I really want to get to know as many of you as possible in the mean time.

Much Love...
Old April 21st, 2004, 05:34 AM   #18
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
^^ you should try to make it out to the July 3rd Hulla. This one WILL top them all.

7 Year Hulla-Anniversary!!

*whoa... i just got chills thinking about this*
sooooooooo excited!!! haha Damn you Frolic for doing this to me! Damn you I say!!
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:57 AM   #19
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Yeah Frolic, why must you torture us with love. Ahhh, being happy and angry at the same time is too much!1!! AHHHHHH
*Explodes*
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:14 AM   #20
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Creammmmmmyyyyyyyyy, i HAVE to meet up with you next time for sure, no excuses. And holy shit u gotta come for July 3rd if you can, do everything in your power to try and make it!!
Seven is a lucky number after all! (atleast in some cases...)
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:22 AM   #21
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I'm glad you made it out and had such a great experience. I had thought of you while I was on stage and hoped you were out there somewhere.
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:31 AM   #22
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
Awe... see now didn't hearing that make it even more special?
Old April 21st, 2004, 04:15 PM   #23
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

Wow... I couldn't feel more special. For real...

If I work really really hard, maybe I'll be able to make it out there for the July party. Hmmmmm... I need to get cracking.

I want to say one more thing about your scene that I haven't felt in the Utah scene for a very long time.

I feel like I am actually wanted there, and that I belong again. It's the greatest feeling in the World!

Once again, I will definitely try my hardest to make it out to this next party for sure.

Much Love...
Old April 21st, 2004, 05:35 PM   #24
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
^^ yay for matt!!!!!!!
Old April 21st, 2004, 06:01 PM   #25
chEArbEAr
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to chEArbEAr