Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 20th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #1
mallownimbus
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 15 View Users Journal
Unhappy first hulla disaster...

situation...
my buddy armahn, evan and i are walkin back to the hotel to get ready for hulla. it's about 6-ish which should give us plenty of time. we pass by a strip club and armahn being all super horny and upset about not getting laid the night before decides he wants to go on in. i tell him go on and have a blast but just make sure he's back at the hotel before 8 to be ready for hulla. he heads on in and evan and i head back to the hotel. we make it there in about 15 minutes and start gearing up and resting up a little bit. i had to lay down for a bit (cuz i have a mild case of scoliosis and a pinched nerve which doesn't help that i've been walking around all day).
it's gettin close to 8 and i call armahn to see where he is. he says he's walkin back right now and he will be there soon. i tell him be back in 20 minutes or we are leavin without him and he won't get to go to hulla(as if he even wanted to go in the first place). and 20 minutes was plenty seeing as evan and i made it to the hotel from the strip club in less time than that. we waited for a full hour. he still doesn't show up. so i try calling 3 times and he doesn't answer his phone. i give up, evan and i go to hulla without him. from what me and evan gather he has already forfeited his ticket to hulla. so we get to the door and i have an extra ticket so i give it away to some random person trying to get into hulla too.
saiyan's set was rockin hardcore! and in the middle of jarefox's set armahn shows up inside hulla. he's buggin me about his ticket but i told him i gave it away. i asked him where he was the whole time. he tells me he just blew over 200 bucks at the strip club and he went to get a shiatsu massage right after i told him to be at the hotel in 20 minutes. i give him my last 30 bucks to get another ticket and try to find evan to get another 10 for him. meanwhile he starts bitchin and whinin to mrs frolic and the friendship crew about how i gave his ticket away. i leave because it just broke my heart to think that the good people of hulla, the friendship crew or even the famed mrs. frolic could look at me in a different light.
it seemed as if i was the one that was wrong in the matter. but the reason i came up there was because of hulla. it was my dream. he didn't even want to go to hulla in the first place. he said it was weak and he'd rather hit up the bars since he was legal in t-dot, and try to get some t-dot poontang. and armahn said he was gonna lend evan, his own brother, some money to go to t-dot and he doesn't. i drained my own bank account to make sure evan can by drinks at hulla since he flat out broke since the money he was gonna borrow from armahn was never intended in the first place. i knew that i could have a blast at hulla being sober and if i could contribute to anyone's fun then i would. and i don't even get paid back the money that i used to book all of our reservtion for hotel, tickets, until the last day of our stay in t-dot. armahn can go and blow 200 bucks in half an hour at a strip club and another 40 or so getting a massage which he thought was gonna be one of those "special" massages(get a load off by a massuese). yet he can't pay me back for the reservations from the start of our trip.
there's so much more to this but i hate to go on and on and on. i just want to know if i made a mistake here. was it my own fault that my first hulla was not enjoyable for me?
Old April 20th, 2004, 09:00 PM   #2
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Note to self: Don't take Armahn next time
Old April 20th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #3
perry461
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
What he said ^^^
Old April 20th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #4
travelsize
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travelsize Send a message via Yahoo to travelsize
I don't think you were the one who made the mistake. You're friend couldn't get himself back to the hotel in time, when you told him you'd be leaving and he wouldn't be able to get in if he was late. That should've kept him from bitching about you giving away his ticket. HE was the one who was irresponsible, and spends all that time and money at the strip club and then masseuse (how the hell do you blow 200 at a strip club when you know you're going out to a party?). Don't get me wrong. He's you're friend and there may be some other facets to the whole thing that I don't know about, but it seems to me like he made the mistakes and was being selfish. Just my opinion on it. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good time.
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #5
ehKz
Hullaboarder

hrM... $200 at a strip club, or a couple of beers for a segzy raver?

I just cant decide
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:07 AM   #6
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
wow... i would have just stayed at hulla... your friend doesn't sound like much of a real friend anyways!

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:11 AM   #7
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
U and ur friend seem VERY different, I suggest u find another friend

Last edited by astralkid : April 21st, 2004 at 12:19 AM.
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:22 AM   #8
CRAYOLA-KYD
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to CRAYOLA-KYD Send a message via MSN to CRAYOLA-KYD
your friend sounds like a bitch...i would have just stayed at hulla and made the best of it...
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:26 AM   #9
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
You shoulda stayed and punched him
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:27 AM   #10
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Definitly would have stayed here. There is no way i'd ruin part of my night looking for my friend when a hulla is going on
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:41 AM   #11
mallownimbus
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seizure
You shoulda stayed and punched him
i woulda but i didn't want to have anyone that didn't know of the situation think i was a bad person or anything. i mean i was there trying to be welcomed into the culture that i've viewed from afar for so long. and for me to have every1 look at me and think i was a prick for just hitting this guy in the face. plus i was already bummed. i was afraid the friendship crew were already looking down on me for being a "bad friend".

i still plan on hitting him across the face with his skateboard though. and say something like" u took something i love that makes me truly happy and hurt me.... now it's time to return the favor..." and whack right across the face.
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:44 AM   #12
Seizure
Hullaboarder

I was joking about the punching... violence has no place in the scene... I was at a Nightmare party 4 years ago called Hard By Nature... one of my sober parties... and this guy I knew bumped into another guy accidentally while dancing... and that other guy took a hissyfit and was about to start a major fight.. until 4 or 5 of us stepped in just to make the other guy back off.. and after 2-3 minutes of badmouthing.. he did with no punches thrown.

PS - The Friendship Crew don't look down on anyone. That's why they are the "Friendship Crew".
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:48 AM   #13
mallownimbus
Hullaboarder

thanx for the advice and input every1. i was worried that i would never want to go to another hulla ever again. but the hulla crew is a glimpse into the future of what i have been searching for. i still don't know what that is but, i'm one step closer at least. thanx again
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:54 AM   #14
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
Give it another shot, but if you bring this guy along, make it clear he can lose his ticket if he doesn't meet up with the group on time.

I agree violence has no place... I almost got into a fight at one rave, some stupid drama(over a girl of course, and both of us misunderstood the others position completely)... thank god I had the discipline to just stand there when the kid throttled me, or it would have been bad. But it still ruined the night mostly... I had fun up until that point, but that sucked.

Oddly I'm friends with the guy now(and still friends with the girl)... sincere apologies get significant respect from me, especially when followed up by showing that the original screwup was actually an isolated incident.
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:42 AM   #15
KittyKittyKitty
Hullaboarder

man, i thought that with where this story was going, i thought the guy got murdered or something.
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:17 AM   #16
Seizure
Hullaboarder

/me takes the machine gun out of Kelly's hands.
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:21 AM   #17
DirectDrive
Hullaboarder

hahaha yeah man you're too nice

smack that bitch in the teeth hahaha
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:18 AM   #18
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
you came from WISCONSIN and you just LEFT hulla, you ARE in the wrong for that, no no no to LEAVING....
If I brought someone with me to Hulla, and they were being a dillweed, I would let them wonder toronto by themselves, told him to go get drunk as that is what he wanted to do anyways.
You should not have let anyone RUIN a HULLA for you, my first hulla my boyfriend and I broke up AT the party, and I still had a GREAT time...screw um if they are gunna be a jerk. I might be driving to Hulla in July from Minneapolis, so if you wanna go, you could catch a ride..that is if you arent gunna be a dillweed haha what a fun word that is
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:39 AM   #19
ehKz
Hullaboarder

"...and this guy I knew bumped into another guy accidentally while dancing... and that other guy took a hissyfit and was about to start a major fight."

If you can't handle someone bumping into you once in awhile, then there is no place for you at hulla. It happens, you , and it's delt with
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:47 AM   #20
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Mallow you're friend sounds like a dick, im sorry to say it. If one of my friends did that shit to me I would freak out and probably remain pissed at him until I either took a few weeks to calm down or he made a really big apology. I do think you were alittle crazy to leave, but i guess if you weren't having fun cause of that bastard then it wasn't all that bad of an idea. Oh well, next time you come, you have fun, don't bring ur friend, find me and say hi, and have the hulla of your life.
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:31 PM   #21
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
bumping into people is one thing I like about hulla... not the bumping itself, but the way that the person to apologize isn't necesarily the person whos fault it is, its whoever can react first and express the apology sooner.
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:34 PM   #22
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehKz
"...and this guy I knew bumped into another guy accidentally while dancing... and that other guy took a hissyfit and was about to start a major fight."

If you can't handle someone bumping into you once in awhile, then there is no place for you at hulla. It happens, you , and it's delt with

You obviously didn't read my post.. since I never said it happened at a Hulla.
Old April 21st, 2004, 04:29 PM   #23
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
your friend sounds like a douchebag.

you should've left him somewhere in toronto and headed home without him.

hehehehe.

*evil*
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:09 PM   #24
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seizure
You obviously didn't read my post.. since I never said it happened at a Hulla.
Well, you're right about me not reading your post . But to back up my statement I witnessed a person get angry because another bumped into them.
Bumping into people is fun for many reasons, such as when I bump into a person we usually had a good conversation after
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:23 PM   #25
Seizure
Hullaboarder

I bump into so many people... they just look and nod... and when people bump into me.. likewise.. I just look and nod.