Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Sail Away
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 20th, 2004, 11:09 PM   #26
tranceaholic144
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to tranceaholic144
Iunno, why people have to pop pills at raves, i have just as much fun without none of that shit... Blazing on the other hand, if its natural, i'm in
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:24 PM   #27
Sim
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Iunno, why people have to pop pills at raves, i have just as much fun without none of that shit... Blazing on the other hand, if its natural, i'm in

Most people who have never rolled before will say that. It truly is a magical experience being at such an event on such a drug. But if you have tried it before and you still feel that the pill wont make the night any better then it already is, then all the power to ya.

My first Hulla was sober. I had tried the stuff many times before that, but wanted my first Hulla experience to be sober, so I could properly judge just how good it is I had an incredible time

Anyway back on topic. I forgot to shout out to Weaver! Nice meeting ya.
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:30 PM   #28
Dakota
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Dakota
Never dosed at a hulla...and I have the best time....that's just me though....i'm crazy anyway....so drugs would make it worse!!!
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:32 AM   #29
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbz
^ you're gonna "inform" Fantino & co? I gotta see this.

A round of applause for Frolic and Toye's posts.

And I'd just like to say that it makes me absolutely disgusted and horrified how so many people that I've gotten to know in the scene will buy a pill at a party, pop it, and not even be able to tell me the colour or the print on it. Those of you who put yourself (and a lot more) at risk like that: you're MORONS, plain and simple. M-O-R-O-N-S.

I agree with you, I have in the past bought a pill at a party, and took it, without knowing what exactly it was, but I have NEVER bought a pill from someone I didnt know personally and who doesnt use the pills themselves. I guess my point is just because the pill was bought at the party, doesn't mean its not from someone they know.
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:35 AM   #30
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
And even if someone tells you it is for example a *blue dove* ... what exactly does THAT tell you at a party? Not a heck of a lot except for the colour and pretty picture on the pill. That really has very little if nothing to do with what the pill is made of! You rarely ever know with e. So if you take it, you are taking that risk. But by now everyone knows that anyways!

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:58 PM   #31
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
Okay? Why is everyone so concerned with what everyone else is doing at the party? You went to have a good time so do it. And stop worrying about everyone else. If people choose to do E than thats their decision. People really need to lighten up. It's Hulla! Just go, have fun, dance and stop worrying about everything!

PR-*Bubbles_24*

MSN- Naughty_Hotty_16@hotmail.com

HeArTbEaTz
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:57 PM   #32
Sim
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles_2486
Okay? Why is everyone so concerned with what everyone else is doing at the party? You went to have a good time so do it. And stop worrying about everyone else. If people choose to do E than thats their decision. People really need to lighten up. It's Hulla! Just go, have fun, dance and stop worrying about everything!

Ravers tend to look out for each other to ensure that everyone has just as good a time as themselves. If people stopped worrying about each other, I dont think the vibe would be as great as it is
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:02 PM   #33
Q-Pid
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybodies_Daddy
What's so wrong about 'newbies' and 'young kids' getting all mashed up at Hulla? It's been like that since I started going, and as long as they're safe, responsible, and look after each other, then more power to them. Hulla has always been a younger crowd. It's always been a PLURry crowd. It's always been the best crowd, hands down.

I fell in love with ravers again this weekend, and that's 'cos of the happy vibes from so many of those kids you're bashing.

As for the media, they can go fuck their hat.

That is all.

MCED

seriously man! "vibe" is a word that i hardly ever hear any more, much less a word i would use to describe the contemporary rave scene. but come sail away totally brought the vibe back, couldn't believe how happy everyone was. brought back some wicked memories of times when they were all like that. as i see it, the vibe at hulla's just getting better and better, and i hope it continues to do so (at least for a couple more years whereupon i'll just be too embarrassingly old to contiue attending these things)
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:25 PM   #34
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
sim- exactly. I don't really worry much if people are dosing, but I do care that they are keeping themselves resonably safe. The only 100% safe harm reduction practice is of course abstinence, but there are plenty of other ways to dramatically reduce the potential harm, and I make a point to mention them if someone seems to be ignoring them.
Old April 21st, 2004, 03:59 PM   #35
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctraverboy
sim- exactly. I don't really worry much if people are dosing, but I do care that they are keeping themselves resonably safe. The only 100% safe harm reduction practice is of course abstinence, but there are plenty of other ways to dramatically reduce the potential harm, and I make a point to mention them if someone seems to be ignoring them.

U make it sound like having sex ............

Anways, its none of your business what people put in their bodies, wow just because u know what label or pic is on a pill doesnt make you u any more aware ... Get over it, people will dose, having a good time is paramount... So cut off this elite attitude of yeah I know my dealer personally or I read before I dose crap
Old April 21st, 2004, 05:38 PM   #36
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
I forgot to shout out to Weaver! Nice meeting ya.

Right back at you Syro..er..Sim!!!!!!
It was nice to meet you too!! lol
Old April 21st, 2004, 06:07 PM   #37
options
Hullaboarder

I've not seen cold medicine passed around, but I've seen aspirin and worse. For a while there were Blue Supermans going around, which were otherwise known as a certain otc sleeping pill I've seen that one tried once or twice. Made me mad, thinking some kid might get hurt...

Last edited by options : April 21st, 2004 at 06:13 PM.
Old April 21st, 2004, 06:18 PM   #38
2+2=5
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 18 View Users Journal
+

if i saw kids at ANY rave having sex, i'd kick them in the head.

there's NO need for that. and there's no excuse for it, either.

=

Death From Above 1979 is the greatest band of all time. GO HOME, GET DOWN!!!

Old April 21st, 2004, 07:06 PM   #39
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
I started goin 2 parties when I was younger. And yes, its the same then than it is now. Granted, alot of things have changed, but its the same vibe, same type of people, and thas what makes it as special as it is. b/c no matter who they are, or how old they are, their there for the same reasons that ur there for. As for the drug use. Frolic made it very clear in his post! How old were some of u when u took ur first pill?

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:47 PM   #40
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid
U make it sound like having sex ............

Anways, its none of your business what people put in their bodies, wow just because u know what label or pic is on a pill doesnt make you u any more aware ... Get over it, people will dose, having a good time is paramount... So cut off this elite attitude of yeah I know my dealer personally or I read before I dose crap

You're a fucking idiot. Knowing what you put in your body is not elitist, nor is wanting to help others to know what they put in their bodies. Nobody here is being a dick but you, everyone else is just having a civil conversation about HELPING PEOPLE TO BE SMART. Nobody is saying that you shouldn't take drugs, just that if you choose to you should be intelligent and informed about that decision.

In the future, please make sure that you're not making a complete ass of yourself before you go trying to start a fight where there was none before.

Last edited by pointy_sticks : April 21st, 2004 at 09:47 PM. Reason: typo :p
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:29 PM   #41
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
if you buy a polka-dot tetrahedron at a party and eat it and throw up for an hour and pass out in the corner, maybe next time you buy you should at least look at the pill to see that it's not the exact same bad pill you ate last time. i'm saying that people i talk to very often don't even do this, as demonstrated by their inability to describe the pill in any way to me.

to the ppl who tried to point out that i was being an idiot - thanks for coming out, but knowing what pill you're eating does have value, whether you believe it or not. why do you think pill testing websites list pills based on the print? they may as well just list all the results without any information on what each pill is, by that logic. really, they may as well not even exist.

if i buy at a party, which i've only done a very small number of times, im very cautious about the pill... before dropping it, i'll taste it, and back when i railed, i would rail a tiny bit of it to try to get some idea of the content that way. field-testing and using your brain is tricky at 2 am in a dark venue without a testing kit and with security breathing down your neck, but eating a totally unknown pill is like crossing the street with your eyes closed
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:52 PM   #42
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointy_sticks
You're a fucking idiot. Knowing what you put in your body is not elitist, nor is wanting to help others to know what they put in their bodies. Nobody here is being a dick but you, everyone else is just having a civil conversation about HELPING PEOPLE TO BE SMART. Nobody is saying that you shouldn't take drugs, just that if you choose to you should be intelligent and informed about that decision.

In the future, please make sure that you're not making a complete ass of yourself before you go trying to start a fight where there was none before.

Firstly, no need for the language... Secondly,where on earth did I say in my post that your an elist if you know what you put in your body... Do not twist my words, my comment was in direct reponse to the person who said he was safer because he knew who he bought the drugs from and put down the other person because he didnt personally know his dealer... . Drug awarence does not equal knowing your dealers first name or knowing the cute little pictures stamped on your pill. If you cannot understand that then your really are lost. My point: Everytime you take a pill, your at a risk. You minimise the risks by not mixing pills or taking large amount of alcohol and most importantly knowing your limit...Thanks for trying to conceptualize my post though.

Last edited by astralkid : April 21st, 2004 at 11:04 PM.
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:19 PM   #43
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by options
I've not seen cold medicine passed around, but I've seen aspirin and worse. For a while there were Blue Supermans going around, which were otherwise known as a certain otc sleeping pill I've seen that one tried once or twice. Made me mad, thinking some kid might get hurt...

It was NyQuil! hehehe or as the dealers referred to them. "white zorros" They were white with a *N* on them. When turned on it's side though it looked as if it was a *Z*...
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:22 PM   #44
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbz
if you buy a polka-dot tetrahedron at a party and eat it and throw up for an hour and pass out in the corner, maybe next time you buy you should at least look at the pill to see that it's not the exact same bad pill you ate last time. i'm saying that people i talk to very often don't even do this, as demonstrated by their inability to describe the pill in any way to me.

to the ppl who tried to point out that i was being an idiot - thanks for coming out, but knowing what pill you're eating does have value, whether you believe it or not. why do you think pill testing websites list pills based on the print? they may as well just list all the results without any information on what each pill is, by that logic. really, they may as well not even exist.

if i buy at a party, which i've only done a very small number of times, im very cautious about the pill... before dropping it, i'll taste it, and back when i railed, i would rail a tiny bit of it to try to get some idea of the content that way. field-testing and using your brain is tricky at 2 am in a dark venue without a testing kit and with security breathing down your neck, but eating a totally unknown pill is like crossing the street with your eyes closed

True... does shmee party sober?
Old April 22nd, 2004, 01:30 AM   #45
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Pid
seriously man! "vibe" is a word that i hardly ever hear any more, much less a word i would use to describe the contemporary rave scene. but come sail away totally brought the vibe back, couldn't believe how happy everyone was. brought back some wicked memories of times when they were all like that. as i see it, the vibe at hulla's just getting better and better, and i hope it continues to do so (at least for a couple more years whereupon i'll just be too embarrassingly old to contiue attending these things)

It's true. Shit was intense in that motherfucker.

MC Everybodies*IFeelLikeFuckinCussin*Daddy

Hot + Dirty
Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:25 AM   #46
Toye
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybodies_Daddy
It's true. Shit was intense in that motherfucker.

MC Everybodies*IFeelLikeFuckinCussin*Daddy

Hells yeah.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:21 AM   #47
SoUrKiD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SoUrKiD Send a message via AIM to SoUrKiD Send a message via Yahoo to SoUrKiD
i never buy a pill off some one i dont know... i always ask what they are b4 i buy them... if ive heard bad things then i know but at least i know what im getting....

ive only gone to 4 hullas.. the first 2 i was on something and the next 2 i was sober.... besides some stuff that pissed me off and my legs killing me... sail away was my fav.... my first hulla i did get really sick but i knew the pills cuz i had done them the 2 times b4 that... the second one i was in the washroom for like an hour cuz i wasnt feeling well but that was from a lot of reasons not just the pills...

as for ppl taking care of others.. the first time i did E it was my best friend that i did them with.. i kept wandering off and she kept sending ppl to look for me.. she was very caring about if i was ok....

i always meet ppl when im not feeling good and they always ask if im ok and what im on even if im not on anything at all...

at hulla i have a paramedic that i always go to... he knows who i am (not by name) and all...

even thou i had a good time at sail away i noticed that i wasnt very social like usual... i talk to the ppl i knew or my friends knew but i didnt really talk to any of the younger kids... i just couldnt be bothered to
Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:52 AM   #48
pinkbunny511
Hullaboarder

Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to pinkbunny511 Send a message via MSN to pinkbunny511 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunny511
I think that no matter what party you go to, there's likely to be some sort of substance abuse, wether it's you, or your friends, or anyone. But the point is, you know what you are going for, and that's what gives the vibe. You go there to have fun, you can't be focused on if other people are fucked up, or doing anything, concentrate on YOU having fun.
If you think life is bad now, how would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. You get eaten once. It takes four minutes to get hard, only two minutes to get soft. You share your box with 11 other guys, but worst of all, the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mom! So cheer up, your life isnt that bad!

AIM: pinkbunny511
yahoo: pinkbunny511311
Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:23 PM   #49
Poemi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Poemi Send a message via Yahoo to Poemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fREAKYjUNGLIST
seriously...i am disgusted with the scene...
too many newbies on pills...FACK! fufilling the stereotype of the "raver" image in the media....sick and tired with it....
and a couple trying to have sex in the corner! WTF!
anniversary hulla might be my last till feb.....

What do you expect? Its a rave.

If stuff like that bothers you, a rave is the last place you should go haha
Old April 22nd, 2004, 01:05 PM   #50
pinkbunny511
Hullaboarder

Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to pinkbunny511 Send a message via MSN to pinkbunny511 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunny511
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaholic144

hmm natural? well, lets see, all chemicals are thrown together to produce these pills. If you really think about it, everything is natural, we just mix a few things with other stuff and there's your pills. So really, pills do in fact come from a natural substance. Then again, i could be totally wrong, i don't know much about them. It's all good