The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Birthday Funtopia 7
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 10th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #126
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
I don't see why everyone had a huge problem with Hixxy's set? I thought it was great. Mind you this was the first time me seeing him spin *droolz* I thought that Anabolic Frolic's set was AMAZING! My last 2 hulla's i'm always worn out and too tired or busy running around to even really listen but this time i was upfront and center for it and I LOVED it...one of the best sets..Dj wolf rocked the house quite nicley too So did Tyco. Music wise this hulla in my opinion has been the best party/hulla i've been too! Such great music spun by all and i obviously loved Tika & Scoots playing some cheese *licks* I LOVE cheese:P I justwish i had of gotten to see them the whole way through...i ended up showing up late

PR-*Bubbles_24*

MSN- Naughty_Hotty_16@hotmail.com

HeArTbEaTz
Old July 10th, 2004, 02:38 PM   #127
Toye
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles_2486
I don't see why everyone had a huge problem with Hixxy's set? I thought it was great. Mind you this was the first time me seeing him spin *droolz* I thought that Anabolic Frolic's set was AMAZING! My last 2 hulla's i'm always worn out and too tired or busy running around to even really listen but this time i was upfront and center for it and I LOVED it...one of the best sets..Dj wolf rocked the house quite nicley too So did Tyco. Music wise this hulla in my opinion has been the best party/hulla i've been too! Such great music spun by all and i obviously loved Tika & Scoots playing some cheese *licks* I LOVE cheese:P I justwish i had of gotten to see them the whole way through...i ended up showing up late

Let me guess, you weren't sober.
Old July 10th, 2004, 03:25 PM   #128
2+2=5
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 18 View Users Journal
+

I wish I had been inside early enough to be inside and hear Tika & Scoots set

so I could have had alot of songs to sing to...intstead of just a couple.

=

Death From Above 1979 is the greatest band of all time. GO HOME, GET DOWN!!!

Old July 10th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #129
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles_2486

Hixxy was henious, I kept asking people wtf was wrong with him... I couldnt believe my ears.... Frolic set would have been a little better if the sound system did not suck so much when he was on... Tika and Scoots were delicious, cheese overload

Wolf was awesome, him and Silver1 is what kept me moving.... It was also fun screaming D-MINUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, throughout D-minus set , good set.

Last edited by astralkid : July 10th, 2004 at 03:56 PM.
Old July 10th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #130
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
I wasnt happy with Hixxy's set either. Granted he mixed old and new which was great, but it wasnt as good at his set at Enchanted either. And I wasnt really happy with his Enchanted set. I have a few of his cds, and they rock his hulla sets

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old July 10th, 2004, 07:54 PM   #131
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
neither hixxy or storm seemed to into it, seemed like they werent excited at ALL
Old July 10th, 2004, 11:02 PM   #132
Sexy.kitten
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Sexy.kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
neither hixxy or storm seemed to into it, seemed like they werent excited at ALL

Yeah...maybe they didn't catch the hulla vibe!!
Old July 11th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #133
dj nofrills
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
Rowan I never saw you... then again I left after Hixxy played Toy Town. And that fucker didnt play the vocal mix. Asshole.

I think I saw you as I walked in but I wasn't sure if it was you .. by the coat check. Then I headed up to the front for the end of Hixxy ( damn, he was on early! ) and then I guess you left by the time I wandered back around. Maybe next year. haha
Old July 11th, 2004, 07:42 PM   #134
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
the vibe wasn't really the same last hulla... at least thats what it felt like... Sail away will still remain one of my fav. hullas though

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old July 13th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #135
Sexy.kitten
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Sexy.kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMGiRL
the vibe wasn't really the same last hulla... at least thats what it felt like... Sail away will still remain one of my fav. hullas though

I really regret missing sail away. I hear nothing but good about that party!
Old July 13th, 2004, 10:09 PM   #136
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

I liked sail away the best too. But because it was my first time seeing Hixxy i thought his set was really good

& Toye i didn't appreciate ur smart ass comment either..
Old July 14th, 2004, 12:52 AM   #137
weava
Friendship Crew

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
It was my first time seeing hixxy but i was dissapointed as well. I did thik the vibe was stronger at funtopia 7 than at my first which was accellerator....well maybe just cause i knew a few people this time. Im pissed i missed sail away though.
Old July 14th, 2004, 01:42 AM   #138
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

i've been to accelerator, Sail away and Funtopia and I felt the strongest vibe at funtopia, I wonder why everyone else disagrees?
Old July 14th, 2004, 02:18 AM   #139
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
If you had a great time don't let other people tell you otherwise. The recordings from the party are fantastic and speak for themselves.

One thing I have to say those is that it's offensive to me that anyone might say some talent were "phoning it in". Hixxy and Storm in particular went way out of their way to be with us that weekend at considerable hassle and expense (of giving up a lot of work back home). If you didn't like a particular set, fine ya can't win 'em all, but to allege that they didn't want to be there or didn't care is completely untrue and really insulting to them and to me. May I suggest that in the future if one were to be critical of a talent to be more constructive and less presumptuous of what they think someone might be feeling. Thank you.
Old July 14th, 2004, 08:03 AM   #140
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
Hixxy was great.. and Storm looked excited.. sometimes..
It was fun! it was all great.. everyone was great!
It's stuff like that that's making the vibe disapear... just be thankful they came
Old July 14th, 2004, 12:46 PM   #141
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Well said Chris. I totally agree. I thought Hixxy & Storm were both AMAZING! I think the only reason people thought that Storm wasn't as into it all the time was because he was tired! Give the man a break! How much hassel and shit did he go through to get here?? Exactly! He was probably worn right out. But that didn't stop him from putting on an excellent show. Anyone who mcs or even spins knows how hard it is to do what they did and i think that everyone should respect that. They did their best and i think it came off great. Hence..why i bought the cd pack
Old July 14th, 2004, 08:14 PM   #142
Toye
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toye
Haha.

Whatever.
Old July 15th, 2004, 01:43 PM   #143
weava
Friendship Crew

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
I really liked storm but I simply didnt enjoy hixxy's set. Im sure he was into it and I know they went out of theyre way to be there so im not trying to be critical of him as a person. I still love the tracks he has put out and i respect what he has done for the world of hardcore.
Old July 15th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #144
MAtRiCks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to MAtRiCks Send a message via MSN to MAtRiCks
I wont go commenting Hixxy's set until i hear it again with the cd pack, because i dont fully remember how it was... But i CANT understand how peoples can complain about Storm. like what the hell, he was amazing whole trough both sets he mced he was really energetic! ah anyway maybe its because i havent seen alot of mc (funtopia7 was my first rave with mc's ).
Old July 16th, 2004, 03:45 AM   #145
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
if frolic was upset about my comment, i am sorry, i dont think it was took correctly (i frequently word things wrong online) I only meant I felt like they were more excited at Enchanted than at Funtopia, that is all, simply MORE at one than the other, not that i thought they were not wanting to be there or anything like that, I exagerate a lot online, sorry...
Old July 16th, 2004, 10:48 PM   #146
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
If Hixxy didn't want to be there, why was he grinning like the Cheshire cat all night?

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old July 17th, 2004, 05:59 AM   #147
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
if frolic was upset about my comment, i am sorry, i dont think it was took correctly (i frequently word things wrong online) I only meant I felt like they were more excited at Enchanted than at Funtopia, that is all, simply MORE at one than the other, not that i thought they were not wanting to be there or anything like that, I exagerate a lot online, sorry...

Why do you feel you need to apologise... you are a paying customer and thus are entitled to your opinion.....