The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Hullabaloo News & Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 12th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #26
Captain Cheddar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Cheddar Send a message via AIM to Captain Cheddar Send a message via MSN to Captain Cheddar
Hmm...that link I gave is broken. Milo, get a hold of me, I think I can get one or some of your mixes hosted temporarily
Captain Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 02:05 PM   #27
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cheddar
Neverlandgurl, I don't know why you brought me up in this thread...

From what I gather...Yowzas made this post after hearing Milo live on the internet. Nothing to do with me.

Also from what I gather, Yowzas opinion is only about that particular performance. He isn't speaking about anything else. To this point, the only people who seem to be contributing to this conversation are Bubbles, Glowraver, Yowzas, Apollo and Milo. He isn't flaming Milo, he is asking for some proof that he is Hulla ready since he wasn't too pleased with the mixing he heard live.

Yowzas, here is a link on the nemesis boards to one of his mixes.

http://www.dance4life.ca/mixes/Milo%20-%20Classy.mp3

Thank you Garrett for making up for the lack of common sense in this thread.
Y0wzaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #28
Milo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Milo Send a message via AIM to Milo Send a message via MSN to Milo
well if u call that sloppy, then i don't know how you could listen to any hardcore mix and be happy. take into account streaming encoding as well, severely degrades audio quality and makes it sound messy. my mixing was on point and i don't know where you're getting otherwise unless you weren't even listenning to my show. but whatever, i'll organize a live broadcast for you on the station if you'd like to show me how it's done with your leet skills and keen ear for music =)
Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 03:16 PM   #29
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Well, we will see his performance @ hulla? ok? I don't really know the guy, and I can most certainly give an opinion that is no way or shape tainted. So just chill...
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 03:30 PM   #30
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

Oh I'm completely chill.

and Milo, maybe you're right. Maybe it was the stream... you never know. It could've been a number of things....

but I know I wasn't the only person that heard it, either. So I know I wasn't imagining it. Don't worry about it man, we might as well just drop it.

Like I said, I'll be more than happy to listen to your mixes. I'll send ya mine if you like.
Old August 12th, 2004, 03:41 PM   #31
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
Yowza, dont start any more shit dude. Youre not helping.
Old August 12th, 2004, 03:53 PM   #32
liquid_nrg
Banned

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to liquid_nrg Send a message via MSN to liquid_nrg Send a message via Yahoo to liquid_nrg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0wzaS
Uh..I have no animosity. I don't know you fucking people. Im questioning a mix, not questioning lack of total skill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0wzaS
I'm VERY disappointed. I'm not at all impressed. Very sloppy, clashy DJ.

I dont think this guy's Hullaballoo material.

contradictions OWN!

liquid_nrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 04:13 PM   #33
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

Yeah yeah, whatever. I guess I probably could've worded it better. That was my first reaction to it, so I immediately judged.

Clashing HAPPENS.
Sometimes hi hats just dont go together well. Especially when you're mixing fast. Take a look at NLT. Sometimes Donny gets clashy. Nustyle clashes. Especially when its quick mixed. Doesn't make someone lack skill as a WHOLE. The sloppiness could attest for the CDJ and/or stream quality.... so obviously my opinion was probably premature.

Get off my sack, kthx
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:44 PM   #34
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cheddar
Neverlandgurl, I don't know why you brought me up in this thread...
my apologies, i haven't been able to live on the boards, so when i clicked on new posts both the thread about you and this thread came in the same flow. attitudes on here lately have been piss poor and it makes me laugh. sorry, my intent was not to start a fire and i apologize. *curtsy*

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 06:34 PM   #35
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
wow...
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:48 PM   #36
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverlandgurl
attitudes on here lately have been piss poor

you noticed too? I thought I was the only one.
GlowRaver4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #37
jules
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to jules
its the hullaboard
it has always been drama central
c'est la vie
jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #38
meisemily
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules
its the hullaboard
it has always been drama central
c'est la vie

i dont know what i'd do without my online hullabaloo soap opera
Old August 12th, 2004, 09:29 PM   #39
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

Sad to think this is supposed to be a fucking HAPPY board.

.... fucking ravers. way full of the drama. I remember why I dont go to parties too much anymore.
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:14 PM   #40
perry461
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Days of our Hulla-lives...

*plays that dramatic music soap operas always play*
perry461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:26 PM   #41
Captain Cheddar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Cheddar Send a message via AIM to Captain Cheddar Send a message via MSN to Captain Cheddar
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverlandgurl
my apologies, i haven't been able to live on the boards, so when i clicked on new posts both the thread about you and this thread came in the same flow. attitudes on here lately have been piss poor and it makes me laugh. sorry, my intent was not to start a fire and i apologize. *curtsy*
*curtsies back*
Captain Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2004, 11:14 AM   #42
perry461
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Ahh...gotta love the Rave drama.
perry461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:50 PM   #43
JIMNICRICKET
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to JIMNICRICKET
dude lay off the hate-a-rade
I <3 miloooo
Old August 17th, 2004, 11:11 PM   #44
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
oh man, yowzas brings his wonderful opinions to the hulla boards, yippie!! haha, im not being mean man, i think its pretty funny.

super opinionated thoughts, super defensive kids ^_^
its all it is here.

i must say though, every mix i've heard of milo's, and i believe i have three, i love em! its great stuff man, im sad ill miss you on stage at hulla -.-

however folks, just cause you can put out a good mix, doesnt mean you can spin live well. im sure milo will do GREAT, but just saying, dont judge a person off a mix. my first two mixes were ALRIGHTY, but if you got me live at that time, IT WAS BAD (it surprised me how much id have to get used to to play live well) my early mixes, know how many times i re did them? maybe a dozen or so times for the two ive given out at hullas (emotion & devotion, and outta control), and they were still not great mixes, haha! i really had no business putting out those cds, each of them had one HORRIBLE train wreck on em each, and oh so much galloping. however, since then (its been a year since the last), ive progressed well enough to where my newest mix im uploading, i actually got a near flawless mix the first time i put together the mix O.O only shaaarp ears will hear the slight offs that are always quiiickly fixed, and i still dont think i'd be prepared and ready enough for the hulla stage. Almost, almost ^_^

however, anyway, yeah, dont judge a dj by just ONLINE or cd mixes, because you can be very wrong. i like to hear a dj before knowing to want to book them or not. my two cents of the day

BUT im sure frolic and co. heard something other than just his mixes, or at least heard from people who witnessed him live.

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~

Last edited by okidam : August 17th, 2004 at 11:23 PM. Reason: to add more
okidam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2004, 07:24 PM   #45
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
without even thinking of anything Milo has done, i have the following to say..

take a listen to ANY dj out there... big time name such as Frolic, Brisk, Scott Brown.. whoever.. to the smallest bedroom dj just starting out. they ALL have a bad mix here and there.

hell... ive had my really off nights.. times when i couldnt mix two tunes in a bucket if presented with a stir stick... other nights i feel as though i could take out ANY dj on the planet with some of the stuff that i come up with.. like anything, everyone's preformance varies from day to day.

so.. with that being said, i can easily make the point that it was inmature of you to come out here and make comments such as this WITHOUT researching this further.. if he did a few live broadcasts and they were all kinda sloppy, then yes.. i could see your point, but you were basing this on one performance (and from the looks of it, only a short portion of it). Who says he wasnt having a bad night?

now... with that being said, i do enjoy what Milo puts out.
he's a talented individual, with a great style. I find him a pleasure to listen to, infact one of his sets is coming up next in my current winamp playlist! I dont need to go into the details of why I feel he's a good dj. Enough people here already have, and quite frankly, his mixes speak for themselves.

You say you also spin some music. Here's my challange to you. Post a mix, and let us critique your mixing and your style. Sure.. this might come off a bit brash, but hey... why not show us what quality mixing is... maybe you could teach Milo a thing or two, as YOU seem to think he's sub-standard quality.

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote