The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Drift on a Dream
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 26th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #26
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
damn straight, this tag will be fun!
Old August 26th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #27
SunnyDays
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to SunnyDays
man.....glowsticks, running and ninja's? Ok i'm pumped now

All I really need in life is a pair of sunglasses and a set of glowsticks.
Old August 26th, 2004, 10:44 PM   #28
mostlyMANIC_xx
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to mostlyMANIC_xx
sounds like fun; but what would happens if someone were to tag a person who has absolutely no fucking clue whats going on. Then for this individual who was just tagged, to then turn and look at you (as you just poked them or something like that)and look at you like you're crazy (not the good crazy either), followed by them giving you a hug, saying high (and yadda, yadda ya- but forgetting to mention the tag aspect of said encounter), maybe for them to even trade kandie, then wanders off (possibly run- depend on your aproach to the situation)... the game possibly being ended by this unaware, non-tag-playing individual, who is actually the one who is 'it'. Thats just one theory; second one... there is probably be several people at any given time, wandering around trying to tag someone, evolving to the point were everyone, except maybe one person, thinks they're it. But all this aside, I am so in!
Old August 27th, 2004, 11:51 AM   #29
Sonicjubilee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Sonicjubilee
so what if when you tagged a played you handed them a chip/card saying they were it? How cool it it had the directions on it too. then ppl that didn't initially know about it could play too!!!!
Old August 27th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #30
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicjubilee
so what if when you tagged a played you handed them a chip/card saying they were it? How cool it it had the directions on it too. then ppl that didn't initially know about it could play too!!!!

thats a good idea
Old August 27th, 2004, 12:19 PM   #31
SunnyDays
Hullaboarder

Quote:

I second that notion
Old August 27th, 2004, 12:30 PM   #32
happy1
Hullaboarder

how about glowstick ninjas?
Old August 27th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #33
SunnyDays
Hullaboarder

My friend is bringing What we like to call "Glow-chucks". It's just two glowsticks tied together with a 4 or 5 inch string. It's pretty cool. But maybe I'll advise we garb himself in black with a swadling mask so only is eyes are showing. All would fear the raving ninja.......
Old August 27th, 2004, 02:59 PM   #34
*twinkles*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to *twinkles*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananee
Are you going to wear urban ninja warrior pants? (aka ufo's?(see the what are you wearing thread(I think it's that thread anyways))) But I digress...

YEAH ORBZ AND HIS NINJA PANTS STUFF! (he wins) umm.... no. but i'm sure other hulla ninjas will be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlyMANIC_xx
sounds like fun; but what would happens if someone were to tag a person who has absolutely no fucking clue whats going on. Then for this individual who was just tagged, to then turn and look at you (as you just poked them or something like that)and look at you like you're crazy (not the good crazy either), followed by them giving you a hug, saying high (and yadda, yadda ya- but forgetting to mention the tag aspect of said encounter), maybe for them to even trade kandie, then wanders off (possibly run- depend on your aproach to the situation)... the game possibly being ended by this unaware, non-tag-playing individual, who is actually the one who is 'it'. Thats just one theory; second one... there is probably be several people at any given time, wandering around trying to tag someone, evolving to the point were everyone, except maybe one person, thinks they're it. But all this aside, I am so in!

ok. #1: there will be a set group of people to START off playing the game all meeting at the same time in the same place (that iwll be decided upon closer to the date) and we'll all know who is it at that time and all that rule crap.
#2: The card idea (\/\/\/) is AN AWSOME one, and i'm SO on it. It will have the 'rules' for people who don't know how to play, and it will be interesting enough that if someone get's Tagged and doesn't really know what's going on, they WILL READ THE CARD bcuz it will look so awsome! But really, if you're It, you can't just Tag any ol' person- it's gotta be someone who's playing- that's why i started this so early so enough people could know about it ahead of time and wouldn't be asking, "hey wtf is going on w/ all these crazies chasing each other and poking everyone?" if you're playing, you'll know who's It by the way they're acting, and if you're not playing, but recognise what's going on and WANT to play- it's easy enough to simply look at whoever's It, smile playfully, and RUN LIKE THE NINJA YOU ARE away from them so they know you are playing, too.
#3: Eventually it will die. people get tired, decide they don't want to play anymore- and when you're It for long enough you'll just hand the card/button/'I'M IT' thing to anyone and mosy on your way to the dancefloor. _BUT_ you will remember for ever and ever that you played Raver Tag at Hulla with a whole shit load of people and it was THE MOST FUN THING EVER!

Quote:

I third it- i'm totally on that card. it will be big and ...wait... i already wrote about this... ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDays
My friend is bringing What we like to call "Glow-chucks". It's just two glowsticks tied together with a 4 or 5 inch string. It's pretty cool. But maybe I'll advise we garb himself in black with a swadling mask so only is eyes are showing. All would fear the raving ninja.......

that's amazing. you're my hero. can i PLEASE find you and get a picture with your Glow-chucks? ohemgee....

ok- so i'm officially more excited than i've ever been about any other party in my LIFE- woah!

old hullaboard account= twinkley_star
PR & TR= same name as here: *twinkles*
Old August 27th, 2004, 04:27 PM   #35
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
I wanna play.
This is crazy cause back in the day I used to play this all the time at parties but then i would get to high and my eyes would shake and that would be the end of that. i feel bad now cause so many games ended with me being it.. lol

not this time.. This time I'll kick ass

Purerave: Acorn143
Old August 28th, 2004, 11:52 PM   #36
CaNaDiAn-X-3001
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to CaNaDiAn-X-3001
This sounds soo crazeey...
Why have I not heard of raver-tag before this?!?
I want in for sure...
Keep me posted...
Way to show initiative on this Twinkles... need help organizing or anything let me know ... maybe i can give a hand... not that i can think of anything that would require large amounts of set up etc but meh u never know... it sounds pretty self-explanatory tho...

Oh you also might want to make a couple cards/buttons etc... u know, have a couple ppl be 'it' at once to start off... if say 5-10 ppl were 'it' the game wouldnt die out as quick... might not be as fun at first but over the course of the nite it would prolly drizzle down to only 1-3 ppl being it ... but it would almost definitely last all nite...just a thought anyways...

PeAcE
DM
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #37
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
everyone needs to be aware of Skittles and Xtine (Pierced Sparklez) We're going to attached with leashes. LoL. dont ask, its for fun and games. LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old August 29th, 2004, 10:32 PM   #38
Sonicjubilee
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles17
everyone needs to be aware of Skittles and Xtine (Pierced Sparklez) We're going to attached with leashes. LoL. dont ask, its for fun and games. LET THE GAMES BEGIN

sounds hawt
Old August 29th, 2004, 10:55 PM   #39
spider_man_dravin
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to spider_man_dravin Send a message via Yahoo to spider_man_dravin
i am in for it
Old August 29th, 2004, 11:30 PM   #40
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Quote:

ah crap you blew our secret!!! ah well, looks like were going to have to plan another one. watch out, were going to be unstoppable!
Old August 29th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #41
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Quote:

hehehe, just make sure not to clothesline anyone when you are running around playing tag! :P
Old August 29th, 2004, 11:57 PM   #42
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
hehehe, just make sure not to clothesline anyone when you are running around playing tag! :P

yeah i was thinking about that. haha. hopefully that wont happen. but if we do decide to run in different directions.......i apologize in advance!

...but it wont happen. IT WONT!
Old August 30th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #43
*twinkles*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to *twinkles*
wow guys- i'm so excited about this- thanks for all the super ideas and interest!!!! this will definately help make Drift more exciting than it already would be! thanks CaNaDiAn-X-3001 for your offer, but like you said- there really isn't too much to DO- just make up the card/buttons, but i'll definately have enough time to do that what with being all BUSY at university right! keep promoting this to your raver buddies and we'll hopefully have a fantastic game goin on AAAALL NIGHT LONG!
Old August 30th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #44
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedsparkles
yeah i was thinking about that. haha. hopefully that wont happen. but if we do decide to run in different directions.......i apologize in advance!

...but it wont happen. IT WONT!

i'm goin to be on you like white on rice
Old August 30th, 2004, 01:40 PM   #45
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Quote:
i'm goin to be on you like white on rice

eeeeeeeep!! well at least now we know not to hurt anyone.
we are the team of the century. oh yessss!!!
Old August 30th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #46
weava
Friendship Crew

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
count me in!

how about instead of a carf or something we go all out....like

someone gets like a 5XL white t shirt something real big that says IM IT on it real big and when you tag someone you give em the shirt....well that might be a little too advanced but....

hmm how about a chain/necklace of some sort to put the card idea on. so it wont get lost as easily

this is gonna be sweet
Old August 30th, 2004, 10:40 PM   #47
Sonicjubilee
Hullaboarder

*pokes Weava*

TAG!!!!
YOU'ER IT
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:04 AM   #48
Weaver
Hullaboarder

*Runs from Weava*
Old August 31st, 2004, 01:07 PM   #49
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to xdigitalxdreamx
boo yeah!! raver tag sounds like so much fun

siouxsie
----+----what you want 2B! in this industry! use that NRG! hardcore chemistry!!-----+-----
Old August 31st, 2004, 01:51 PM   #50
Flutter_BYE
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
there should maybe be ONE general rule

no tagging on the stairs of death!!!

someone could honestly break a leg!!