The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Drift on a Dream
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 19th, 2004, 05:08 PM   #26
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
I had a great time! I was with a bunch of newbies too! so I got to introduce them to everyone.. and yea.
This was my favvvourite rave i've ever been too.. I had soooo much fun!!!!
It was awsome! Music was good.. and like.. people were super niiiice and just everything was fun so yea. im gunna get sleep now lol
Old September 19th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #27
FEMME|FATALE
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polina
I had fun
it was perfect for a year away from partying party, if that makes sense

it was nice to see some people that i have not seen in a while some in 5 or more years- people from my childhood. weird to say the least

but the music lacked
i felt anyways
where was the cheese? where?
not at hulla i could tell you that

I say there should be another Anthems hulla- that would be awesome
please?

all in all it was intresting and i had a good time

>>>

Hi Polina ( It's Keron, btw )

Last edited by FEMME|FATALE : September 19th, 2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old September 19th, 2004, 06:51 PM   #28
Sputnik
Hullanewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xI'mNotYourStarx
OH OH OH!!...

Whoever gave me the hamptaro bracelet..with the little hampster thing on it..

I LOVE YOU!!!..I didnt see it till almost half way over..and then I was like.."OMG THIS IS AMAZING"

Was it this little guy?
Old September 19th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #29
xI'mNotYourStarx
Hullaboarder

Nope..It was the hampster off Hamptaro that wears the green hat..>.>
Old September 19th, 2004, 07:09 PM   #30
dancEaholic
Hullanewbie

Location: London(well really near london in the middle of nowhere) Ontario
Send a message via MSN to dancEaholic Send a message via Yahoo to dancEaholic
Cool Hulla Rocked My Green Strippy Toe Socks

[center]OMG... best party i have EVER been too, there were soo many great people to be met and not enough hours to dance. Although I did my fair share If any of you remember. twas great fun. I would like to say thanks to Anabolic Frolic for putting on an amazing hulla, was the first for me, had the time of my life. Partied it up with everyone on the stage, breakin down in the T.Dot town:P...

Met soooo many new fucking people, it was amazing. Will never forget the night.

Thank you friendship crew for my little book, helped me out a lot, will remember the night forever now. And to everyone else who signed it
Old September 19th, 2004, 07:52 PM   #31
skunkdiggity
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to skunkdiggity
OK before I go crash cuz I just got home, I had to post and tell you guys thankyou for making last night the best party of my life! I can't wait to see you all in Dec! I'll be posting pics so you can see who's "talking" to you-and oh yeah my name's Gina
Old September 19th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #32
Dakota
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancEaholic
[center]OMG... best party i have EVER been too, there were soo many great people to be met and not enough hours to dance. Although I did my fair share If any of you remember. twas great fun. I would like to say thanks to Anabolic Frolic for putting on an amazing hulla, was the first for me, had the time of my life. Partied it up with everyone on the stage, breakin down in the T.Dot town:P...

Met soooo many new fucking people, it was amazing. Will never forget the night.

Thank you friendship crew for my little book, helped me out a lot, will remember the night forever now. And to everyone else who signed it

Oh oh oh!! you're the cutie who was dancing all night in front of the stage....AND you were the cutie who competed in the dance contest the night before at the Beach Party (I remember becuase I helped judge it!) You are adorable...glad you had a fun time...Hulla always is a great party to attend!!! it was great meeting you and thanks for the candy!

<3
Old September 19th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #33
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to xdigitalxdreamx
BEST rave EVAAAARRR!!
dude that was the greatest party i ever went too!!
i thought it wouldkinda suck but the sets were awsome the people were asome the newbs i brought had a whicked time!
everyone loved my nurse costume lol
and and that dougal guy and that unibomber guy so fuckin kicked ass!

siouxsie
----+----what you want 2B! in this industry! use that NRG! hardcore chemistry!!-----+-----
Old September 19th, 2004, 08:42 PM   #34
Minkis
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Minkis Send a message via MSN to Minkis Send a message via Yahoo to Minkis
Talking newbie here!

ok...that ROCKED! my 1st rave ever, if u dont count DEMF
had a great time, met some people, had fun w/ glowsticks, got pictures taken, videos made
went to the beach afterwards, that was cool...
im DEFINITELY goin to the next Hulla!
MINKIS
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #35
xI'mNotYourStarx
Hullaboarder

..The best part ever...is the hugs...lol
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:04 PM   #36
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
awesome time last night. i met sooo many people from the board.
and to the mc that wore my mittens...that made my night!

p.s. nice meeting you sim!
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #37
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
Ok So last night was sooooo much fun

Ive been mostly sick for the past 3 days but didnt feel so bad most the night other than blowing my nose lots and my head feeling all retarted.

Firstly Im so impressed that my cloud didnt fall down and gosh what a little lighting can do..it looked KICKASS! Gooooooo Decorations wooooooo!

But Id have to say the music itself wasnt as good as usual... Not enuff cheese.. but thats just me.
Chris Frolic's set was GRRRRREAT.. He was soooooo into it! I was way impressed with his dancing skills.. and i fully credit GAVIN for putting chris in such a good mood he felt the urge to dance

Other Highlights of the night:
Getting my Chi Chi's hat from Kyle (whats your name? LYle????? hehe)
This Sombraro (sp) is sooooooooo cool! THankyou!

Little Miss Muffett aka Melody comming in the front door and being super cute then giving me a lolipop 2 seconds later. Then just being so darn adorable and generous for the rest of the night! Welcome to Friendship crew for December!

Battling sean after he dropped me on my ass

Raving it up and dancing with just EVERYONE wooo go linedances girlies ! hehe

I had a great time!

And now im still sick.. but it doesnt matter!
Im gonna upload my pics now...
Kris*
Old September 19th, 2004, 10:27 PM   #38
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Um, Frolic don't EVEN think about not releasing Unabomber's set cause that first 20 or so minute of his set were just incredible
Old September 19th, 2004, 10:29 PM   #39
Sexy.kitten
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Sexy.kitten
I had an awesome time! The music was amazing. I met alot of the kids from the states and I got a ride to the opera house too!!! Kelly brought me a whole box full of her old candy clothes and they all fit me just right. I saw a few people I havent seen in a whille, so it was really nice catching up. I wish I had spent a little more time chatting it up with some of you folks but I was really enjoying just observing the crowd.....it was diffrent than what I would expect out of a hulla. A new vibe that was very nice, a mixed crowd for sure.
Old September 19th, 2004, 10:50 PM   #40
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
i can't believe people are bitching about the music.

you seriously wanna pay over $30 to go stand in the opera house all night and hear 24/7 a hundred times and heartbeats a hundred times and bullshit like that?
Old September 19th, 2004, 11:10 PM   #41
xI'mNotYourStarx
Hullaboarder

..So I just had a shower..and looked down at my legs..and they're COVERED in bruises...

...I don't remember ever getting hurt....o.0 And my teeth hurt...I should pay more attention to my surroundings I suppose....
Old September 19th, 2004, 11:10 PM   #42
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
theres this little thing.. thats illegal.. and cheap.. and makes every song sound totally different

makes things fun
you should try it
Old September 19th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #43
fREAKYjUNGLIST
Hullaboarder

the attendance was A LOT better than 7yr FOR SURE! :O
but still not a lot of people compared to what hullas used to drag in....
HOWEVER, the "regualars" weren't there!
and all the familiar faces were lacking *confused*.....
i had a good time though....
I honour the place in you where the entire universe resides. I honour the place in you of love, of light, of peace. I honour the place within you where, if you are in that place in you & I am in that place in me, there is only one of us.
Old September 20th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #44
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
I for one had a great time. I was happy to see some friends that I haven't seen for a while and met a lot of other great people too. And can you say newbies? All night kids were comming up to me and blurting out, "Hi, I'm a newbie!" What do you want a cookie. Sorry didn't bring any, how about a sticker

I think I enjoyed Dougals set more at the last Hulla he was at, but it was still good. Frolic's set was my favorite though. He really got the croud going.

Hope to make it back up to Toronto again soon!
Old September 20th, 2004, 12:37 AM   #45
The Real Trevvy
Hullaboarder

Drift on a Muffin

What to say about last night. My first hulla in about 2 years and I was really happy to see that everything was still the way I left it. Thanks Lisa for the Sobe, Muffin; thanks for the bed; Kristine: thanks for baby kermit and being YOU! Friendship Crew thanks for being smiley and really sweet! Sean, thanks for being drunk. and all you crazy party kids out there.... Rav to the Grav!!!!

I had so much fun getting stickers from the bartenders upstairs, painted by Kristine, and stickered on my face by lisa... All in all I loved Dougals set and of course the frolic'ing one himself hyped me up with his brand of happy tunes, all this and more brings me to a fitting phrase that I will say now....

I NEEDED THAT!!!!!

Trev
Old September 20th, 2004, 12:46 AM   #46
Polina
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Polina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEMME|FATALE
>>>

Hi Polina ( It's Keron, btw )

Where were you???????

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can believe it, you can become it

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:01 AM   #47
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by fREAKYjUNGLIST
the attendance was A LOT better than 7yr FOR SURE! :O
but still not a lot of people compared to what hullas used to drag in....
HOWEVER, the "regualars" weren't there!
and all the familiar faces were lacking *confused*.....
i had a good time though....

yes Ashley, I know, most of us regulars werent there!! Kinda odd that we all missed the same hulla. but I promise you, WE'LL ALL BE THERE FOR DECEMBER!!!

Quote:
i can't believe people are bitching about the music.

you seriously wanna pay over $30 to go stand in the opera house all night and hear 24/7 a hundred times and heartbeats a hundred times and bullshit like that?

it seems to me that a lot of people are "stuck" on certain songs, or one genre. Granted, I wasnt there, so I dont know what was, and what wasnt played. But its obvious that it wasnt HHC all night. And someone mentioned Anthems. Dont they start to get a lil old? Try something new

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:10 AM   #48
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Where do I begin?

I felt kind of out of it at the start of the night... But things just kept getting better and better. The night took a huge upswing when we goaded Cait in to drifting along with us. Came in just at the end of Hujib's set... the detailed search blew me away... One step short of a finger up the batty.

Getting inside, it was good to see all kinds of familiar faces. Had a drink and a chat with Dougal, who was looking kind of lost and scared in the bar. The usual 19+ insanity started up, and continued straight through to the end.

Frisky's set was gorgeous as usual. Epic track selection, and beautifully mixed.

Marcus & JD were mind blowing too. The length and creativity of the mixing, and the selection of jungle/dnb anthems had me rocking out proper.

Dougal was quite solid. He played a healthy mix of new stuff, older stuff, EP stuff, and other labels. Jumper brought some fresh material, and that unbelievable stage presence.

Frolic was a joy to work with. A few newer anthems, and all kinds of madness from the crowd. I couldn't believe the vibe on the dancefloor, and the energy that was coming back to me. I've never played for such a crowd in my life.

I had to rest during D-Minus' set, 'cos I was utterly spent, but I heard a lot of proper choonage being pushed out. Respect on the 4am remix! B'oh!

Unabomber's 'Tribute to Z103.5' set was his traditional goodness, dirtiness, and creativity. A lot of DJ's could learn a lot from watching him at work.

Silver1 did an excellent job of changing up the tempo, and bringing up the energy for the last set to a point where nobody wanted to leave. John Gotti's Revenge and Deep Inside were long overdue for a Hulla return. A pleasure as always to tag along for your set.

Shouts to all the wicked peeps who came up and said hi throughout the night. So much love in that room, so much positive energy. Hullabaloo is alive and well in each and every one of you, and I can't wait 'til December when we get to do it all over again. Thanks to the Frolics for 20 of the best nights of my life. Thanks to Kris, Andrea, Stacey, and the rest of the friendship crew for all your hard work. Thanks to the DJ's and MC's for running things like it's supposed to be.

Shouts to Athena, JD, Anna, Chrisky, Donny, Wendy, Mike, Tamara, Polina, Karlos, Mandy, Cait, George, Dougal, Margaret, Paul, Ashley, Elliot, Jeff, Tommy, Bob, Andy, Pete, Jenn, The Twins, Timmeh, NoFrills, and everyone I forgot. It was a sublime weekend that I won't soon forget.

Above all, thanks to everyone who knows the words.

B'oh!

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:48 AM   #49
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
man you ROCKED the mic thats for sure

wow

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:54 AM   #50
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Yeah, I forgot... Jumper was really good! It blew me away I liked his new lyrics a lot more than I have in the past. And I'm glad Frolic laid down such an awesome set for your first time with him, ED

When I heard that Silver1 dropped Nothing Is Forever I literally almost cried. I can't believe I missed that... I'm soooooo fuckin upset about that.