The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Drift on a Dream
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 20th, 2004, 02:23 AM   #51
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Ok I forgot to comment on the mcs...

MC ED: Good flow, I was really into :.... Mc Jumper: um, who blessed you with the new rhymes? lol.. Seriously good job, even thought I still heard some old ones.... Kwik: U seem to have the same lyrics, EACH AND EVERYTIME <-- get it? , but he was allright cause he wasn't annoying...
Oh ya, thanks again Silver1, for dropping Let the Beat Drop, I don't think I ever heard an extented version of it, so wicked, amazing choon

Last edited by astralkid : September 20th, 2004 at 02:37 AM.
Old September 20th, 2004, 03:40 AM   #52
weava
Friendship Crew

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
w00t that hulla was insane

milo's set was un-fucking-believable as was most of the music all night...it was odd but refreshing to hear more hardcore than cheese

to whom i met or saw....

weaver - hope to hear ya during milo's set on the recordings LOL

pgh kids (darby, jamie, girl with bee suit) - keep it gangstah in pa and hit me up more often

dianejapa - nice to finally talk to ya, and the bracelet you gave me is piiiiimp

caresie(forget the rest of the name) - i met you at accelerator but it was nice to find out who you were on here

milo - awesome to meet ya bud, and incredible set

gobstoppa - hope to see you back on the stage soon, and tell your short girl friend who was at the bar that i apologize for anything my tall retard friend said....if you even remember who i was.....i bought you the vodka/oj when yours went flying lol

chip - pleasure to meet ya, shame i had to leave like immediately after cause one of my friends was passing out in the venue

a big apology to anyone who was offended by, attacked by, or otherwise by a really tall kid from pittsburgh....he was with me ill admit it lol

and to anyone i missed....yell at me...

awesome party for the time i was there....pissed i had to leave....oh well it happens

*edit*

travelsize - found ya at the bar with your emily/ eye chart shirt thing....not much to say, nice to have met ya

Last edited by weava : September 20th, 2004 at 03:43 AM.
Old September 20th, 2004, 03:52 AM   #53
kneeling
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to kneeling
Hulla was truly Amazing. Loved seeing old and new face's. =) Milo u did an excellent job sweetie, you were extremely energetic. Melissa and I rushed to opera house after getting caught up in a little situation sad that we missed half hour of ur set. But it was still awesum no doubt.
The songs were rawkin as usual!!!
It was nice seeing everyone having a good time!!
Shout outs 2 the people who made my night awesum!
Milo- Kept turning ur back tsk tsk tsk lol
Melissa- We dance it up like we always do, love yah
Orbz, David, Phil and Mike- You four are always lovely to see! <3
Ryan, and Ryan- Cheer up!!!! it was Hulla!!
Sean and Eric- I cant believe u guys came!! u diffinately made my night.
Rob, Sebastien, Clay, Kamil, Mehow and Carlos- Its always a blast having u guys around!
Tryppy- Nice seeing u again cutie!!
Andrew- My singing buddie!! always nice dancing to our song!

My list goes on!!!
Over all a good night!!! Hope to see you all at the next one!!!!
Jessica
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:29 AM   #54
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
such an amazing weekend. This was definitely one of the best hulla's i've been to. Quite a variety in the music, i met so many nice and amazing people, and everyone was just dancing and having a great time clear til the end of silver 1! I think MCED did a solid job of reviewing the music, and thanks to everyone for being a part of such a fun night! Can't wait til december!! (hopefully i won't have any finals the monday after it)

-Margaret
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:44 AM   #55
XSTACEY
Hullaboarder

amazing night
lots of friends
great music

Im ready to do hulla again tomorrow
Old September 20th, 2004, 10:23 AM   #56
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
i have limited time, but as previously mentioned one of the best hullas i have ever had the pleasure of attending!!!
it was soo refreshing to see everyone!!!AND meet lotsa new people!!!!
i am very very happy to have been a part of an amazing party!
thank you soo much to everyone who was there making it so amazing. i really really wish i could move to canada!!
i was very happy to meet the baby and to see soo many people who i truly missed:chris,robin,kris,bj,cait,stacey,karlos,mced,sunny, margaret, polina,timmay,carrie,jordan,nick,jules,james,darren,
leah,and meeting new people:muffin, tyler, dianejapa,gypsy,laura,marissa,ben, brandon,dylan,heidi,stefan,mike,erin and her boyfriend sean from ottawa and everyone else i forgot big hugs!!
music was amazing very good track selections displaying lots of diversity......loved having a dnb and tekno set in the scheme. all the mc's great job! congrats on your first hulla set jeff!!!! like i said i still have the xXx Ise xXx cd, your first demo, you totally have come a million miles
mced keep up the good work
the vibe was totally positive and the dance floor was moving!
yay friendship crew, i am very glad to have spent some time helping with setup/decor and kris that cloud was the shizzle! i knew it would be okay
thank you everyone again!
HAPPY HULLABALOO!!
Old September 20th, 2004, 10:47 AM   #57
xtcFREAK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to xtcFREAK
All in all, I had a good time. The music for the most part was decent, and the people was awesome. We almost stayed to the end , but the I really needed a cigarette!

Thanks to the friendship crew for taking on my girlfriend for the next party, she is sooo cute and friendly and will be a great addition! So to anyone who see's melody(the girl that was wearing the little bo peep type costume), give her a congrats!!!

Thanks everyone for a great party, it made up for the last one!!

P.S A big fuck you to the security, and a even bigger fuck you to the little fuckers ratting out people who were having a good time and not selling shit!!

Jay (veezee)

P.S Alex, yes i still remember your phone # .. i will call you!
Old September 20th, 2004, 10:48 AM   #58
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
Ok... so basically it's like this... I just got up... it's monday morning... Wow, what a weekend. From start to finish this was a good trip... The border coming into canada was a little sticky.. but nothing big. The ride up was great... weather was great. Met up b4 hand with some candi kids at the Marriot... got to make some new friends...
For the party... i was tired and had to nap b4 hand... the alarm in the hotel didn't go off... so i didn't get there until just b4 midnight... i missed most of frisky's set which was disapointing to say the least!!! O well... whoever played after frisky ( was it marcus visionary ) regardless.. dropped alot of jungle tracks.. had a very drum n bass sound to it... which is ok.. just not what i expect out of hulla... As for Unabomber... it was very remicent of Detroit for me... a little faster than a typical detroit track.. but the techy mechanical sound was there.. and the looming low basslines... really brought me back.. i noticed alot (correct me if this is wrog) Deathcore kids there... scary kids painted like Rob Zombie... um what is that about?! everyone has there following i suppose... As for Frolic.. i think it is across the board... hands down... best i've seen u spin EVER... u rocked OUT for SURE!!!!...
Dougal was good too.. not as into his set as i'd hoped... didn't look like he had put much effort into it that night... also his hands were shaking REALLY BAD??? SKETCH!!! LOL and as for Silver1... i really dug yur set.. kept me dancing till they turned the lights on !!!! i was there till the last track this time... was really nice to see everyone filter out into the streets... taking with them a night to remember!!!!

As for the Vibe.. it was amazing.. i met SO many NEWBIES... and alot of people from the board as well... MoonDancer... Enjoy the sombraro... i know i did.... and the rest of the girls at the door that got one as well... hope u liked em!!! pierced sparkles YOU ROCK... love the mittens.. they are great... Mr ME... i already knew u .. but it was still cool hangin at Hulla... Sonic Jubilee... met u finally.. thanks for all the fun.... hope u like yur blinkin beads... and Sexy Kitten got to meet you finally... as for anyone i forgot i'm sorry... I know i met kids from the minneapolis crew (carrie) and from the Buffalo crew... regardless.. i had a blast... i really enjoyed everyone... the bartender upstairs is SO damn cute... she gave me a little VIP sticker... which i lost in like two seconds... but still got my drinks 1st all night... to you , i love you!!!! the music all in all was good, but could have been better... there were definately down times in the night.. which was good... gave me time to rest... also i agree with the general concensus ... where was the cheese... i missed it a little... but nice to hear some fresh sounds!...
one more thing... MC Kwik is a hottie... Jumper you rocked my socks... really enjoyed watchin you enjoy yurself.. it's clear that you do!!!

alright party kids... thats all for now... until next time...
same happyhardcore... same brown hair.... same chichi's sombraro

Kyle
Old September 20th, 2004, 11:03 AM   #59
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
one more thing... MC ED... you rock bro... i can't believe i forgot to post this... but with all the shouts to give...
I have never met u ... and u don't know who i am... but was upfront while u were on stage... wearing the ChiChi's sombraro... u rock... a ton... thanks.. =)
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #60
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Yeah there were so many newbies, that was cool, but what was not cool was getting hit SEVERAL times by swinging glowsticks; if ur new to this shit, please don't try practising right in the middle of the dance floor.....
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #61
Mikey Estacado
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mikey Estacado Send a message via MSN to Mikey Estacado
For my first Hulla everyone made me feel so at peace. Thanx to all who showed me a good time. Especially the DJ's and all of my new online freinds I finally met and hung out with. Im definatelly looking forward to the next party and this time Ill bring newbies to experiance the energy like I did. Once again thanx and P.L.U.R to all.!!!!
Old September 20th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #62
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
Amazing... simply amazing!!

PLUR,

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
Old September 20th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #63
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Firsy Hulla I've missed in ages - glad it went off.

See you in December!
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:12 PM   #64
Polina
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Polina
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbz
i can't believe people are bitching about the music.

you seriously wanna pay over $30 to go stand in the opera house all night and hear 24/7 a hundred times and heartbeats a hundred times and bullshit like that?

it make it sound as though there are 2 cheesey songs out there..
its possible to to have a whole party and play lots of different (cheesey)songs through out (and it HAS beeen done)

and its not bullshit.. i think this NU HHC sucks... and the cheesy music is what brings the vibe into hulla. Without it its just another rave, or club even.

there are so many good tracks out there THAT sound different.. and if anything sounds repetitive and the same its this "NU" shit.

meh thats what i feel anyways.. i dont see how its your place to tell me i am wrong..

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can believe it, you can become it

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:35 PM   #65
ElectronicChaos
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to ElectronicChaos
Well, I came up from Buffalo for my first Hulla ever. I was never a fan of hardcore, but I've realized that I just wasn't exposed enough to it. The vibe was amazing and I was able to dance all night long. I was normally dressed and somewhat contrasted with the rainbow colors that were prevalent, but that difference really meant nothing to me. Though it was new to me, I felt right at home. With the exception of one foul-hearted individual, you were all very pleasant to be around and talk to. It's also nice to see people dance rather than sit in the corner and glare at you. LOL.

On another note, I may have to check out some hardcore a bit more in the future. I'll be at hulla again.
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:56 PM   #66
babyEjunglist
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to babyEjunglist Send a message via Yahoo to babyEjunglist
I definetly enjoyed myself at this party... was fukken awesome seeing everyone.. I missed u all.. good music... good vibe... all I gotta say is

Marcus... u threw down a fukken TIGHT ass set... represent and full respect to you
B'Oh!
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:57 PM   #67
babyEjunglist
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to babyEjunglist Send a message via Yahoo to babyEjunglist
also... how could I forget Dougal.. wow.. just wow
Old September 20th, 2004, 05:16 PM   #68
Milo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Milo Send a message via AIM to Milo Send a message via MSN to Milo
Deffinately an awesome night =) Thank you so much to everyone who made it in early to check out my set, I did my best not to disappoint =) and thanks to chris and robin for giving me the opportunity to play, it was truely a dream come true! All the sets were awesome, hearing all the new stuff coming from Dougal was amazing, deffinately a lot to look forward to.
Old September 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #69
hullachild
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to hullachild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polina
... and its not bullshit.. i think this NU HHC sucks... and the cheesy music is what brings the vibe into hulla. Without it its just another rave, or club even.

there are so many good tracks out there THAT sound different.. and if anything sounds repetitive and the same its this "NU" shit. ...

I agree with you Polina, I couldn't make it to this Hulla, but the tracks I've been listening to off Digitally-Imported's HHC Channel (which is like 24/7), well there's still the odd amazing cheezy song, but alot of the "NU" stuff is very familliar one song to the next. I actually had to bring out my old H2BHC chapters 1-4 and reminis in the cheezyness. It was, breath taking! Ahh, the good 'ol years. When most of the raves were still underground. What the hell happened.
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:16 PM   #70
ka0tique
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
you told your friends, and your friends told their friends, and so on and such and now I'm on the scene and I'm having a blast.

~ Damien SAEZ
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:57 PM   #71
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polina
it make it sound as though there are 2 cheesey songs out there..
its possible to to have a whole party and play lots of different (cheesey)songs through out (and it HAS beeen done)

Yeah thats true, but I didn't find that this hulla... there were A LOT of cheese, were u on the dance floor when dougal played "All About You"?. I think thats the last track he played, that is the BIGGEST cheese track I know of... .. Also Timebomb, 24/7, Come Alive, Sweet heart were some other tracks there were played...
Old September 20th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #72
willeo13
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to willeo13
Red face My First Rave!

on September the 18th 2004 I went to my first rave, it was drift on a dream. I hade the most amazing time. I now for the first time in my life feel I have a place where I belong! I love every one there and I thank every one who was responsible for putting on such a good show. I serously drifted away on all my fantasies and dreams. I made so many new friends witch I hope to keep for ever! I cant believe How amazing it was. Thank You so much to Ashley, Annie, Jessie, Jonas, Kirill, Noodle, Gypsy and every one who I met. I cant wate to see you all again at the next one. I miss you noodle. Thanks Hulla for putting smiles back on my face!
Will aka: Puppy
Ps. I loved being
Old September 20th, 2004, 11:48 PM   #73
ramennoodlerain
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ramennoodlerain Send a message via MSN to ramennoodlerain Send a message via Yahoo to ramennoodlerain
I miss u2!
I recived word that my car will be back in like 4 weeks ;(
But when it iz I'm comin to see your ass!
I guess I'll say to you too while I'm there ;P
Old September 20th, 2004, 11:51 PM   #74
tranceaholic144
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to tranceaholic144
Hahahaha i just remembered i saw some guy get bashed in the face by some girl who was dancing... I hope he's alright.
Old September 20th, 2004, 11:57 PM   #75
ramennoodlerain
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ramennoodlerain Send a message via MSN to ramennoodlerain Send a message via Yahoo to ramennoodlerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaholic144
Hahahaha i just remembered i saw some guy get bashed in the face by some girl who was dancing... I hope he's alright.

lol!
he probably didint feel it.