The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Drift on a Dream
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 20th, 2004, 11:59 PM   #76
tranceaholic144
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to tranceaholic144
Lol most likely... he seemed pretty happy about it... Yea it's messed up...
Old September 21st, 2004, 12:09 AM   #77
ramennoodlerain
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ramennoodlerain Send a message via MSN to ramennoodlerain Send a message via Yahoo to ramennoodlerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaholic144
Lol most likely... he seemed pretty happy about it... Yea it's messed up...

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 21st, 2004, 12:34 AM   #78
Minkis
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Minkis Send a message via MSN to Minkis Send a message via Yahoo to Minkis
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid
Yeah there were so many newbies, that was cool, but what was not cool was getting hit SEVERAL times by swinging glowsticks; if ur new to this shit, please don't try practising right in the middle of the dance floor.....

im a newbie to hulla, not glowsticks...however, i DID try something new...putting glowsticks together and twirling them like a baton...they kept falling apart, and i kept dropping them...(practicing right now)
soory if i hit u, ur probably talking aboot me specifically lol
Old September 21st, 2004, 12:43 AM   #79
ramennoodlerain
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ramennoodlerain Send a message via MSN to ramennoodlerain Send a message via Yahoo to ramennoodlerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkis
im a newbie to hulla, not glowsticks...however, i DID try something new...putting glowsticks together and twirling them like a baton...they kept falling apart, and i kept dropping them...(practicing right now)
soory if i hit u, ur probably talking aboot me specifically lol

haha.
So did you like the hit?
Old September 21st, 2004, 12:45 AM   #80
heidibear
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to heidibear Send a message via Yahoo to heidibear
i had the MOST WONDERFUL time at my first hulla, and i'd just like to say that EVERYONE i met was so awesome and nice, i got so many hugs and traded ALL my kandi, the vibe was so much better than at ANY party i've been to in the US. i didnt want to leave and i miss it already, it was great! i cant wait for the next one
Old September 21st, 2004, 12:51 AM   #81
Minkis
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Minkis Send a message via MSN to Minkis Send a message via Yahoo to Minkis
Talking

this isnt aboot hulla exactly, but the drive home...
afterwards, when i got to the beach, i put on candy bracelets and necklaces (the kind u eat)...and then i was driveing 5 hours in the sun... when i got home and took them off, my wrists and neck were multi-colored! i could lick my wrist and it tasted yummy! lol
Old September 21st, 2004, 12:51 AM   #82
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
hey heidi im glad you had fun!!! im glad i got to meet you briefly. you and stefan looked soo adorable
i hope that i get to see you again
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:07 AM   #83
psychosis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to psychosis Send a message via Yahoo to psychosis
this was my first hulla and it was just amazing the best party ever...Dougal had an amazing set as did D-Minus, Frolic and Frisky...Unabomber was crazy...i am so not missing an hullas now im addicted you can say its so different from New York/New England parties with their bullshit. Met a lot of cool people and everyone just loved my outfit(never fails when i wear my boy beater tank woo hoo!)

Also does anyone have any extra fliers for this hulla...i want one
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:44 AM   #84
ramennoodlerain
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidibear
i had the MOST WONDERFUL time at my first hulla, and i'd just like to say that EVERYONE i met was so awesome and nice, i got so many hugs and traded ALL my kandi, the vibe was so much better than at ANY party i've been to in the US. i didnt want to leave and i miss it already, it was great! i cant wait for the next one

I think I met youQ!!!!
I was freakin cause I met a bunch of people from MN and I used to live there!
I was wearing a white polar bear Back pack.

-Noodle
Old September 21st, 2004, 02:00 AM   #85
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
^^ you met me for sure!
We JUST got home...and I am dead, but i drove alll the way both ways, by myself, well with heidi and kevin but the boogers slept a lot...hehe
<3
i had an AMAZING time...all my newbies had the best time, which made ME have the best time, i left about 20 mins early because my body started rejecting the rave lol....
Mikey-im SO sorry i left early without saying bye, we went to the after party but left because we were so cold, i cant wait to rave with you again
rita- yay..thats all i have to say about you lol
jordan, my hotel crew, yes ALL 20ish of you, margaret, jen, kyle, noodle (a new noodle lol), nick, colin, katy, holly, ed, fil, diane, april and EVERYONE from the board i met, ryan, kaotique, chip, siouxie, weava, etc etc etc i had an AWESOME time with you

i was VERY disapointed on the turn out, seems liked there was about 1/3 as many people as usual there....cant wait till december, heidi and i decided we are going if it kills us lol
oh and hotel crew people msg me on here so i can talk to you all more *mwah*
Old September 21st, 2004, 02:05 AM   #86
sk3tch
Hullanewbie

That party was awesome!
here is an excerpt from my review on Crazy Mad Parties http://www.crazymadparties.com
feel free to check the rest of it along with party pictures if you get the chance!

"This was an amazing party, the perfect mix of music at this party, happy hardcore being thrown down by D-Minus and Anabolic Frolic, Unabomber adding his unique dark twist to the world of hardcore, and Marcus Visionary blowing everyone's minds with an unbelievable set of jungle. When asked if I was attending this party I was a bit skeptical as to whether or not I would fit in, seeing as I hadn't been to a 'official' happy hardcore party before (only been to mixed events such as Urban Music Festival) but when I saw Marcus Visionary and Unabomber were going to be there, I knew for sure this was the perfect time to become a hulla 'newbie'. From the minute I walked in I could feel the vibe was really good, with good people, great music, and amazing lighting there was no way the night could fail..."

hope you guys like the pics... I'm out
PLUR
Old September 21st, 2004, 02:08 AM   #87
*KanDie~AnGeL*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to *KanDie~AnGeL* Send a message via Yahoo to *KanDie~AnGeL*
well i have to add... it was great once again.... i'm going to try harder to make it to the next one... because i really would like to see everybody once again.... I just wanted the nite last forever..... (sad when it ends) well i hope to hear from u all later..

Nite....

www.kanditrade.com/

come and join us.....
Old September 21st, 2004, 02:18 AM   #88
ramennoodlerain
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
^^ you met me for sure!
We JUST got home...and I am dead, but i drove alll the way both ways, by myself, well with heidi and kevin but the boogers slept a lot...hehe
<3
i had an AMAZING time...all my newbies had the best time, which made ME have the best time, i left about 20 mins early because my body started rejecting the rave lol....
Mikey-im SO sorry i left early without saying bye, we went to the after party but left because we were so cold, i cant wait to rave with you again
rita- yay..thats all i have to say about you lol
jordan, my hotel crew, yes ALL 20ish of you, margaret, jen, kyle, noodle (a new noodle lol), nick, colin, katy, holly, ed, fil, diane, april and EVERYONE from the board i met, ryan, kaotique, chip, siouxie, weava, etc etc etc i had an AWESOME time with you

i was VERY disapointed on the turn out, seems liked there was about 1/3 as many people as usual there....cant wait till december, heidi and i decided we are going if it kills us lol
oh and hotel crew people msg me on here so i can talk to you all more *mwah*

YAY!!!

OMG I hate making the 13 hour drive from Detroit to Coon Rapids by myself, I cant belive you drove back by yourself!

Glad to see you kids made it back safe.
I should be headed out visit my friends out there around October so maybe I'll catch up with you kids then?
I heard a dirty little rumour ( after I left mn of course ) that theres parties all the time in mpls.
Old September 21st, 2004, 02:32 AM   #89
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
^^^you heard WAY wrong lol....there are never parties here, club events, yes, parties no...well when WE throw them there are, hit me up on PMs so we can meet up when you are here
Old September 21st, 2004, 09:47 AM   #90
butrfly_god_s
Hullaboarder

Send a message via Yahoo to butrfly_god_s
I had so much fun at Drift on a Dream! The responses that I got for my costume were incredible and really made my night (I was the girl with the pink and white tube/predator hair). It's so much fun to dress up not just because you get to look different, but also because it is such an awesome way to meet everyone. This was my third Hulla, but the first time I dressed up. I have never met so many great people! Jen, you rock, such an awesome girl! Suzie, loved the nurse outfit! Tinkerbell(I don't even remember your real name) thanks for so many wonderful hugs! Noodle, hope to see you on LJ! I know I met so many more people, but as time wears on I lose more of my memory. It was still greet meeting everyone else!! The music was good, and I had a lot of fun dancing. I'm glad that Dougal came back, and had a really nice set as well. Chris' set really caught my ears though, but I was so exhausted by the time he came on. My body just can't handle parties like it use to. I had been up since 6 am that morning to go to work, blah. Unfortuantly, we left after Frolic's set since I was so tired, and had a long drive home Hopefully next time I will be more rested to go all night. Anyways, thanks for the memories kiddies, hope to do it again soon!
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:22 AM   #91
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
Ok, here it goes:
Milo: Your set surprised me, it was alot better than i thought it would be

Hujib: Laid down 2 of the 3 tracks I wanted 2 hear
[run to me & bring me round to love]

Frisky: I usually love your sets, but..iunno it was lackin

Marcus: Not really into jungle and stuff, but he laid down some arite tracks that got me movin

Dougal: His set got better and better as it went on [was it me, or did his set sound shorter than an hour????]

Frolic: ...i dunno, not what i expected......

dminus: His set was arite, no complaints really

unabomber: WORST SET EVER!!! <--NOT INTO IT AT ALL! WAY 2 SLOW FOR A HULLA!

silver1: <3 it!! and the fact his final track was deep inside ...was awesome!!

This hulla was pretty wicked because i had my friend [jenny] come from N.B, i brought my best friend [ursula], that was awesome in itself... and karli ended up comin and came up to me while bring me round to love was on. I met alot of cool people and got a wicked blue/white dolphin from the friendhsip crew throwin out stuffed animals

all in all it was a real good night! Thanx frolic, friendship crew, security, everyone who made hulla possible once again!! SEE YOU ALL IN DECEMBER!!

cheers
Old September 21st, 2004, 12:49 PM   #92
raversteve
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to raversteve Send a message via AIM to raversteve
Hello and thank you to everyone at this rave. Like alot it was my frist hullabaloo and so far the best rave ive ever been to. Ive been to raves in pretty much everypart of the Midwest here in the states it was just a party big party of pure plurific ravers. I give props to the DJ's you were all awesome anabolic and everybodies daddy you guys are likes gods. everybodies daddy you were the first MC i have ever heard live and it was awesome. i sent you an email but dude you play from the heart with passion and love and that is so awesome. i dont know if any of you notice but at times durign the FREE party E.D. didn't have more then like 5 people at that tent and he was still laying it down. i lost my voice screaming so hard at hulla and i plan on doing it again next year just 2x as hardcore as this year. wiat i mean in december. im glad to hear that alot of newbies also came to this hopfully this means the scene will get bigger. i heard from some vetern friends that it didn't seem like many people came compared to years before thats not cool cuz i just found this. you guys didn't play alot of the classic songs and thats still cool cuz i heard them all 3x over in my 9 hr drive from indiana. to Mr and Mrs Frolic thank you for bringing the baby out it meant alot to me to be able to see him (we have exact same birthdays) and he was soooooo cute and even had candies ill be sure to bring him one in Dec. the crowd was awesome good vibes except for the weird kids at the free party but people tell me thats the type u find at free parties. im glad i could hook up that one girl who was just sitting down cuz you gave a freind a front you so deserved it. i was the kid with the blue stars and hearts t shirt if any of ya saw me i dont remeber names well at parties. the girls were awesome you guys were smiling you asses jumping around just talkin to me so so many happy kids. i really learned alot about the whistle and putting down a beat hopfully it wasn't all in my head and i actually sounded dumb and messed songs. next time im bringing more hat clippies for you all cuz everyone should have at least 100 i think. everytime i go take a shower i find anothe sticker somwhere on me and it just brings back the memories. i will see hopfully all of you and more in Dec. keep the scene alive PLUR.
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:26 PM   #93
fuhrab
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to fuhrab
I had a good time but was disappointed with Dougal's set. I thought he should have played a far more ecclectic mix of old and new tracks. D-Minus is always a pleasure, especially when one doesn't get the opportunity to hear him live very often. Frisky was good, Frolic was all right, Hujib was all right. Marcus was "eh" but that's due to genre issues. Unabomber, I thought, was good (being open minded about it).

The vibe was all right, but I was expecting a few more people to show up. All in all, I'd rate this as a 7-8/10.
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:29 PM   #94
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

wow steve...talk about rambling lol
how was the border crossing with no voice, i thought about you when we were crossing....
see ya soon!
Old September 21st, 2004, 02:08 PM   #95
Sonicjubilee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Sonicjubilee
so like i had such a blast at this hulla. everything went awesome in my opinion. I loved all the sets. i didn't want the night to end. so glad i got to meet and talk to so many people. I just felt like i was being pulled in 20 different directions all at once. to everyone i chatted with, i'm sorry i couldn't spend more then 5 minutes standing still. i was just really wired and like zipping from here to there. Yay so come december i better be seeing heidi, kev, and raver steve. This time i wanna be a passenger and not a driver.
Old September 21st, 2004, 02:18 PM   #96
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

^^ we are probably all going to take the bus, it sucks, but it cant be bad with a lot of people and not much is worse than driving over 20 hours yourself......
Old September 21st, 2004, 03:49 PM   #97
Sonicjubilee
Hullaboarder

Quote:
^^ we are probably all going to take the bus, it sucks, but it cant be bad with a lot of people and not much is worse than driving over 20 hours yourself......
i always hear how much the bus sucks, but some ppl, non-ravers, keep telling me to take the train from chicago to toronto.
that could be fun and exciting, maybe
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:13 PM   #98
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

yea bus tickets are 138 dollars, which is gunna cost us more because gas the whole way was about 120 dollars, but i dont care, i cannnnnnot drive 20+ hours each way, 2000 some miles in 5 days again, cant cant cant
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:17 PM   #99
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
^^^ when you came up for the other hullas didn't you drive?
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:26 PM   #100
Sonicjubilee
Hullaboarder

Quote:
yea bus tickets are 138 dollars, which is gunna cost us more because gas the whole way was about 120 dollars, but i dont care, i cannnnnnot drive 20+ hours each way, 2000 some miles in 5 days again, cant cant cant
mayhaps next time i'll help drive, or we take my car, or IDK its in flippin december i really should not be planning this out right now, lol.
but if your bus stops in chicago, maybe i'll hop on and join y'all