hullachild
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to hullachild
I agree with Chip
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:46 PM   #27
perry461
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
I agree with Karen....too many times have I heard "Oh!! I'm so gonna be there!!" than they bcak out at the last minute for whatever reason. The scene....not just Hulla in general needs everyone to support it and go out and have fun...but not to the point where its all about drugs either....new talent is always a help, but the talent can't do it on their own....raves need everyone to be able to survive....
perry461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:58 PM   #28
ananee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ananee Send a message via MSN to ananee
Chip, you didn't step on my toes...

Talking to my ex-raver friends, they became jaded arround 2000 when they say the scene went all to shit (I am a newb and don't know more than hear-say about anything prior to Funtopia 7). They also say that seeing people get taken advantage of at parties is a real turn off so is unfriendlyness. I have mannaged to bring one vet back into the fold, and 4 newbs, and I am trying to convince another vet to give it one more chance. My best friend (the vet I have already brought back) said that the thing that made raving so special was the sense of acceptance and commeraderie that was felt between everyone, strangers or not. I have seen this at my 2 parties (and so has he), and this is what matters more than anything else: The ATTITUDE in the room. If you go and have a great time and meet great people you'll be more likely to come back and bring more than if you go and see a bunch unhappy situations masked in drugs.
People also say that they simply have outgrown it. That this was a phase that they went through and now they have moved on. And the world and the scene and the media's view of the scene have all changed as well over time. We can't turn back the clock to 1998.

Makes you think don't it?
ananee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 06:43 PM   #29
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
I totally agree with Karen too. I remember when i first started raving with everyone we did EVERYTHING to get to parties. and i mean EVERYTHING. Like not going wasn't an option. and that wasn't even just to hulla's that was to ANY party. Then for some reason the last couple months everyone seems to be like"well i don't feel like partying this weekend, or i have to do this" what the hell happened to everyone? I've only been raving for 9 months and already i see a HUGE change in the people and the scene.

I think it's kinda sad

PR-*Bubbles_24*

MSN- Naughty_Hotty_16@hotmail.com

HeArTbEaTz
Bubbles_2486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 07:06 PM   #30
perry461
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Well.....some people work ya know....
Old September 21st, 2004, 07:10 PM   #31
hullachild
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to hullachild
I posted while Karen was posting so didn't get to read it till now. And yes I do agree that some how attendance must be brought up. This next Hulla has to be one that will bring back the Vibe everyone carried so highly. I can't attend EVERY party, but I'm gonna be sure to make it too as many as i can and bring as many ppl as i can with me.
hullachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 08:40 PM   #32
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
I think the blame lies also on the promoters...

In the last 2 months or so alone there has been about 5 small parties and 5 or 6 free beach parties... and there are about 2 huge big parties coming up October and several smaller parties happening in November and hulla of course on December... of course, ppl can only chose on average 2 or 3 parties based on the amount of $$$ they have or just not having enough energy to make it to all...

So, for u all promoters out there, take it down a notch a little...

Btw, December hullas always are the biggest, if Frolic just broke even on Sat, I'm sure he's going to make some $$$ on December

Last edited by astralkid : September 21st, 2004 at 08:44 PM.
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 09:20 PM   #33
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid

In the last 2 months or so alone there has been about 5 small parties and 5 or 6 free beach parties... and there are about 2 huge big parties coming up October and several smaller parties happening in November and hulla of course on December... of course, ppl can only chose on average 2 or 3 parties based on the amount of $$$ they have or just not having enough energy to make it to all...

I kind of like the freedom of choice :P

That, and free parties. I don't think that less parties is the answer.

I beat the internet....the end guy was hard

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers of the Future

anyone who's anyone knows who deek is ... you're all internet stars
Psychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 09:36 PM   #34
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
^^^ i agree but promoters could do a better job planning the dates so more people could go to all the parties instead of some going to each...
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:32 PM   #35
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid

Btw, December hullas always are the biggest, if Frolic just broke even on Sat, I'm sure he's going to make some $$$ on December

Yes, december is always the biggest hulla, but you must take into consideration what else is going on that month. Not too much. I have a feeling that this December, things will be a little different. You have BANG coming one week after Hulla. That will def put a hurt on.

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:56 PM   #36
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles17
I have a feeling that this December, things will be a little different. You have BANG coming one week after Hulla. That will def put a hurt on.

This is EXCATLY what I was talking about, please promoters if you don't want to go broke and make the scene dissappear, work with each other and plan accordingly
Old September 21st, 2004, 11:09 PM   #37
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
What everyone needs to do who wants the scene around is start recruiting. Raise awaremeness. Some people don't even know about raves. Let people know. Show them what you're into. Let them listen to the music, see what raves look like. Tell them stories. Let htem know about parties you're going to, how much tickets are... where they can get them... help them arrange transportation. Get them to come. I've never met anyone who didn't have fun at a rave. If enough people start going and having fun, they'll start going back. The thing that brough in quite a few ravers, when it was big in the news, was that they heard about what it was like, and wanted to give it a try. People don't hear all that crap now. There isn't all this negative crap (it was still publicity, however) in the news about raves anymore. Well, now and then perhaps. But not like when raving was a "fad." So we need another advertising power. Us. Word of mouth. The way it was before the news. Just let people know about it. Tell them how fun it is... and get them to attend.

You have to show what the scene's like in the way you act, too. Represent the scene with your own attitude. And just like... don't hide that your'e a raver. Let people know, and be friendly and kind with everyone. The biggest fear alot of people have about raves, is that they'll be looked at strangely for going... that they "won't fit in." You need to just ease people into it. I know from a lot of people I've met, that many people would actually be interested in going to atleast one rave (usually ending up loving raving afterwards). That would help out. And if they're the kind of people that will continue the vibe... then the vibe stays strong. Everyone's just got to work together.

PLUR,

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Last edited by chipakapockets : September 21st, 2004 at 11:11 PM.
chipakapockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2004, 03:07 PM   #38
skunkdiggity
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to skunkdiggity
I agree totally I have at least 3 ppl who want to come with me Dec 11th-hope they don't flake!
Old September 22nd, 2004, 10:40 PM   #39
enD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to enD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles17
Yes, december is always the biggest hulla, but you must take into consideration what else is going on that month. Not too much. I have a feeling that this December, things will be a little different. You have BANG coming one week after Hulla. That will def put a hurt on.

Actually September and February are the biggest hullas.

Throwing parties is a risky business in 2004. It seems like every time a new event is announced it is like a crap shoot as far as attendence is concerned. There are no guarantees these days and it sucks.

I really hope hulla keeps going. It is healthy for our scene to have variety. And it's also good to have promoters that take production seriously. I know that every time I go to a hulla the sound will be banging, the lights will be wicked and the vibe will be strong. I can count on one hand the production companies in the city that still hold these ideals true and to lose one of them will be a sad, sad day.

Oh Skttles,

There will be 3 huge hardcore parties in December...

Hulla, Bang and Goodfellaz New Years Eve.

GOODFELLAZ says Goodbye on September 13th, 2008!
www.goodfellaz.ca
enD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2004, 10:56 PM   #40
perry461
Hullaboarder

Hey, Ian...where were YOU at Hulla?
Old September 23rd, 2004, 12:05 AM   #41
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Hulla if it ends, will simply not end like this,it will end when Frolic is all ready and stuff, and it will end with a bang, big headliners, amazing vibe, as Frolic closes the night with Heart of Gold, as 1,000+ ravers singing along to it
Old September 23rd, 2004, 12:08 AM   #42
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
hulla forever.

Purerave: Acorn143
Acorn143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2004, 01:57 AM   #43
heidibear
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to heidibear Send a message via Yahoo to heidibear
i like the way she thinks. ^^.

i had THE best time at my first hulla, and to see it go so soon would break my heart. of course things end, and they always change, but to have something so wonderful end simply because not enough people do or can come out and support it would make me super sad. the reason things end is because people give up on them, and you should never give up on something that makes you happy, as i know hulla makes so many of us happy.

i want to see more than a few hullas.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 02:06 AM   #44
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
i will still party where ever i can get my fix, but i have been around the world and never felt the hulla vibe other than at hulla...i know that WE make the vibe...but i dont know what it is about hulla that makes just the right people come to make the vibe...
heidi and i were talking tonight and if we had the money we would pay to make hullas happen and for everyone to be able to attend them, 5 times a year a rave saves my life...brings me back to even, reminds me there ARE good people in the world...people who really care...strangers who will hug you because they see you look like you need a hug, people who walk past and comment on how nice you look simply because they think you look nice and not because they want something from you, people who care about you as much as they do about themselves....if the world where a hulla ive said...things would be as close to perfect as i could imagine..
CareSieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2004, 10:58 AM   #45
enD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to enD
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry461
Hey, Ian...where were YOU at Hulla?

I was sick from the Beach Party the night before.
enD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2004, 01:27 PM   #46
perry461
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by enD
I was sick from the Beach Party the night before.

Aww...shitty...hope you're feeling better man.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 02:36 PM   #47
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by enD

Oh Skttles,

There will be 3 huge hardcore parties in December...

Hulla, Bang and Goodfellaz New Years Eve.

New Years is given!!! Hey Ian, I need to talk to you about something
Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:19 PM   #48
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
i think i will cry for about a year if hulla ends, i am not suure i could party in toronto anymore...

What, no love for the Fellaz?

It will be sad when Hulla ends, but that doesn't mean that the whole scene has to end with it.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:33 PM   #49
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipakapockets
What everyone needs to do who wants the scene around is start recruiting. Raise awaremeness. ...

New people are great, but were do all the old people go? I'm been *raving* for 6 years. Most people i meet at parties just started in the past year. At Drift on a Dream a big portion of new people that i met said it was their first party. New people are comming in. I'm more worried about where all the old schoolers are going. Why is there this notion that you "outgrow" the rave scene? Hippies didn't "outgrow" the hippie scene.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 10:46 PM   #50
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busta
New people are great, but were do all the old people go? I'm been *raving* for 6 years. Most people i meet at parties just started in the past year. At Drift on a Dream a big portion of new people that i met said it was their first party. New people are comming in. I'm more worried about where all the old schoolers are going. Why is there this notion that you "outgrow" the rave scene? Hippies didn't "outgrow" the hippie scene.

People move on with their lives. Not everyone stays in the scene. People come and go as often as parties do. Its that simple. Some end up getting married, having a family, some go to college, and yes, there are the jaded ones out there too. Its up to the ones in it today that matter. Not who was here yesterday.