User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 28th, 2004, 07:14 PM   #101
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
I don't understand this mentality. When you have a good day, do you cry when it ends? When you watch your favourite show on tv, do you cry when the credit roll? Personally, I feel bad about BAD THINGS, not good things. For something to exist, it has to have an end. That's reality. If you can't cope with HULLABALOO without getting upset, you obviously can't be happy about a damn thing.

I'll be smiling 'til the end, and then I'll go find something else to smile about.
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:46 PM   #102
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Dear Ravers,

The more you support and come out to Goodfellaz parties, the bigger/better/more frequent they can become. Our name may not be Hullabaloo, but I think you may find us to be an excellent substitute. Who knows, you might even like us better.

<3
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:02 PM   #103
enD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to enD
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid
I don't think there is anybody who has the cash flow and balls to start the hulla tradition of throwing big parties that involve UK headliners and amazing local djs every 3 months right now... What he really can do to help the scene survive is make his contact list public, so people who have the drive can easily throw big parties if they so desired ... Frolic has done so much for the scene...

Goodfellaz have been throwing large 2-room parties every 3 months for the past 2 years with multiple UK, US and local talent. We have been on vacation for the summer to concentrate on our 2-year anniversary happening on October 9th at Pulse. We will be back in full swing next week!

I wish the Frolics nothing but the best and want to thank them for some of the greatest memories of my life.

GOODFELLAZ says Goodbye on September 13th, 2008!
www.goodfellaz.ca
enD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:06 PM   #104
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
When you put it like that... we've been providing everything that people are always asking Hulla for. ::

Can't fight the power of name recognition, I guess.
pointy_sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #105
perry461
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Quite honestly, after about my second Hulla, I prefered GFZ, just the atmosphere seemed to be more.....iunno....just more....
perry461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 12:21 AM   #106
orbz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to orbz
^ more headliners?
orbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 01:43 AM   #107
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
Frolic... are you keeping the website, or with the end of Hulla, is that the end of the board?

PLUR,

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
chipakapockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 06:03 AM   #108
plureak
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to plureak Send a message via MSN to plureak Send a message via Yahoo to plureak
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules
I've been attending Hullas since '99 and there have always been rumours about "the last hulla".
All I know is that Frolic would make an announcement if it was the last hulla.
So everyone just calm down on that one.
I will have to agree that attendance is a total crapshoot lately and if you want big parties like Hulla (and Goodfellaz) to continue you HAVE to come out.

Personally, from a Goodfellaz perspective, I've noticed that alot less Americans are coming up than say in 2002-2003. Maybe our american Hullaboarders can shed some light on this? Thankfully there were alot of Newbs at Drift on a Dream, which is encouraging.

In terms of when parties are scheduled, unless you do like Hulla and announce what all of your dates for the rest of the year will be, its pretty hard to co-ordinate. TR tried to start a calendar for promoters to use to negotiate their dates & headliners, but it flopped. But I do agree that it is important that the parties are spaced well.

Alot of Michigan (probably 10-20 or so) people stopped coming, or made it less of a priority to come when Jim Object got burned. Its hard to support someone who has ill feelings toward your freind. Although he still promotes and defends you privately, there are loyalists who were/are really mad about the whole thing. He got us to started, but when he wasnt going, neither were we.
plureak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 08:52 AM   #109
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
Detroit What

i know tons of michigan kids that come out for HUlla... last time there were 6 or 7 that i myself talked to at Drift...
i think alot of the problem with coming to HUlla as of recent is our shitty economy... thanks president bush... and also the hassle of crossing the borders since 9/11 is increasingly obnoxious.... whatever..
this is sad... we all know this thread is over..
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 11:47 AM   #110
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by plureak
Alot of Michigan (probably 10-20 or so) people stopped coming, or made it less of a priority to come when Jim Object got burned. Its hard to support someone who has ill feelings toward your freind. Although he still promotes and defends you privately, there are loyalists who were/are really mad about the whole thing. He got us to started, but when he wasnt going, neither were we.

umm.....

aw hell, im not even gonna touch that one.
Old September 29th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #111
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Saiyan
umm.....

aw hell, im not even gonna touch that one.

i thought the exact same thing..wow....
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:38 PM   #112
dagapman
Hullaboarder

So guys, what do we have to say now... what is there to say?

RIP hulla, the rumours were true
Old September 29th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #113
jules
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to jules
Quote:

I'm not talking about just 10-20 kids from Michigan...I'm talking 100's of kids from all over the states, far and wide. And you can be as loyal to him as you want, sucks that you're gonna have to miss out on a great party over drama

anyways.

I would like to say on behalf of myself and Tyco, today is a very sad day for us. Not only has Hullabaloo been a major part of our lives for the last 5-6 years, without Hulla my life would be completely different.
Without Hulla there would be no Goodfellaz, no Outer Space Records, no Hardcore Scene in Toronto.

I will always have a very special place in my heart for Hulla, a place where some of my best memories exsist, a place where I met alot of my best friends, a magical place.

Chris & Robin, I completely understand that you need to move on. Thnnk you so much for so many years of great parties, great memories and all of the support you've given me.

-Jules
jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 03:18 PM   #114
integrrac
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to integrrac Send a message via Yahoo to integrrac
i firmly beleive if it weren’t for hulla i wouldn’t know any of my friends up north. if it wasn’t for the hullaballoos i would have never gone to outterspace on a sketchy sunday. i would have never found out i could mc with timmy on new years. i would be in essense hardcoreless. siting in pittsburgh never haveing known what i was missing. lets make the last few count. and to make sure nothing like this happens to any other production comapanies any time soon. GO TO PARTIES bring your friends. suport hardcore. beleive me in pittsburgh there isn't any and if i didn't have toronro to go to then i dunno waht i would do
Old September 29th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #115
perry461
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules
I'm not talking about just 10-20 kids from Michigan...I'm talking 100's of kids from all over the states, far and wide. And you can be as loyal to him as you want, sucks that you're gonna have to miss out on a great party over drama

Jules you know as well as I do that no matter what happens in this scene there will always be drama and people choosing sides.
Old September 29th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #116
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
^^^that is their choice. and not the point of this thread at all.

I'm gonna miss hulla in a big way. I was lucky that rochester used to have tons of hardcore when i first discovered it, but once GAG disappeared toronto was really the only place i could go. I have met so many amazing people, heard so much awesome music, and will never forget the feeling when the music cuts and you're there singing along with 800 people to whatever anthem happened to be playing. You don't find that anywhere else (yet).... and i think this has proven to everyone that you need to support as much as possible.

RIP Hulla, you will be missed. And i will be there dancing my ass off for the last 4!
CandyGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 06:59 PM   #117
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Quote:

I'm sorry, but this is pointless. If you admit that Jim harbours no ill will (and for the record, I personally have made amends), what do you hope to achieve by bringing this up? If you've forgotten, Jim was one of my closest friends; you cannot possibly understand the situation fully, meaning that continuing to feel angry about a situation that did not/does not really affect you is absurd.

Private issues should remain private, in any regards. If you can't do it out of respect for me, or for Goodfellaz, then do it out of respect for Jimmy. Nobody likes to have their dirty laundry aired publically and archived for posterity.
pointy_sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:24 PM   #118
perry461
Hullaboarder

*raises hand*

Who?
Old September 30th, 2004, 04:50 AM   #119
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
Sorry everybody. Lets drop this part.

Its terrible to see Hulla go. I met my best freind at a Hullabaloo, and have met countless other people who became really important to me because of Hullabaloo.

Support it as best you can until its gone, and continue to come for the rest of the Toronto hardcore scene.

Understand that its the attendees that make Hullabaloo great so wherever you go, as long as youre all there, its gonna be just as good.
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:25 PM   #120
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
^^^
and that's why i love you

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #121
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
*claps for jim*

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
itsgigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 01:26 PM   #122
perry461
Hullaboarder

*sigh* I hate being left out of the loop...
Old September 30th, 2004, 02:21 PM   #123
shuko_x
Hullaboarder

Im sad to see hulla ending. But be thankful that Chris and the gang get to go out in style. Most promotions just die in obscurity or declare finishing unexpectadly without a proper goodbye. My first event was Make Believe and ive been partying ever since (well not so much in the past couple of months...school..work ). Hell half of my knowledge of the scene and music came from this message board. But like Objectview said...as long as u keep it hardcore..the vibe will still be alive. To be honest I prefer the Goodfellaz parties and I hope they keep on stong for years to come. Plus on top of that u have smaller promotions and little hardcore parties here and there than when hulla started.

Its too bad though. It would have been nice for hulla to get its own label going and become like a future dance, elation or slammin vinyl. c'est la vie.
Old September 30th, 2004, 03:00 PM   #124
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
my first hulla was get hype, and i attended every one till accelerator... i havent been able to get to a hulla due to no car, then no cash and shitty car, and now its that me and my gf want to be a bit more serious about life, and for her hulla gives too much temptation, and there hasnt been anyone since accelerator that ive really wanted to see. So, i havent been to any hulla's since.... i miss it terribly, but i have to pick and choose what i do. Getting to see someone like Bang, or CLSM, is higher on my priority list on my supposed one distant party a year (although those two put em two months apart, but im technically not paying almost anything to see clsm.......)

A lot of michigan kids that i know went to hulla's, and havent as much recently is because they've dropped from our community and small "scene" if you can even call it that, have grown up and gone past, ect. plureak, just to simply state, i think you are VERY wrong on your point, i think you might only speak for yourself...

but, there are a series of michiganders who still go quite often to Hulla; kandijunglegrrl christi has gone quite often, and there are always others who end up going. There never was like 20 kids from michigan, all at one time at a hulla. somewhere between 10-20 perhaps...

yeah, im finding trying to live life is absurdly hard when you only have one car between you and your gf... and one consistent regular job (for my wedding dj job is off and on)

The last hulla next summer will be my last hulla, along with everyone else. I will definitely be attending to send off this wonderful production company frolic has run for so long, and to close it out with everyone else who comes.

Frolic, i hope you make sure you'll have the space to get everyone who wants to get to their last hulla ever... i wonder if a crap ton of people will come out of the woodwork?

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~

Last edited by okidam : September 30th, 2004 at 03:04 PM.
okidam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:09 PM   #125
ananee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ananee Send a message via MSN to ananee
My first hulla was Funtopia 7. I am really sad that in total I will only attend six (Funtopia. Drift and the final four... There are only four left right?)
But at the same time I feel privelaged because I actually got to attend these parties. I had friends who a year ago were convinced that the whole rave scene here was completely dead. I learned about PLUR, candy kids, HHC, and raving in general from these people, and for years, it was the stuff of legend for me. Then I found Hullabaloo, and I asked if this looked like the right kind of thing, and my friends went berzerk, saying that they seriously thought hulla had ended. Now they will get to see her out proper, and I have finally been able to stop just hearing the legends, and actually get to be a part of the legend.
Frolic is sending Hullabaloo out proper. She deserves to be celebrated, and not just fade into oblivion. We have one last year to celebrate with eachother this happy dreamlike escape that we have found. One more year to show strangers and friends alike Peace Love Unity and Respect. We have the chance to show our gratitude to the Frolics and everyone else who has made Hullabaloo possible by making this last year the best year.
This is a bitter-sweet time, it is the end of an era, but it is also exciting. All of everyone's love of the scene can keep the scene alive, the torch is being passed and we have to support that.
Our scene is like a family, it changes from generation to generation, and no two parts are alike. Some generations are smaller and some are bigger. The names change, but you'll always be able to see a family resemblance when you look at the pictures of the smiling faces of the previous generation.
I am not going to let the end of hulla be the end of my raving experience, and I am also not going to miss her end for the world.
I for one and hopeful for the future of our scene.

Makes you think don't it?

Last edited by ananee : October 5th, 2004 at 03:14 PM.
ananee is offline   Reply With Quote