User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 21st, 2005, 12:25 AM   #51
ravinjunkie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to ravinjunkie
do people still do that? wear name tags? (at the events not otherwise)
ravinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2005, 02:07 AM   #52
DNE Productions
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DNE Productions

That's me at Big Top, on the left in the black home-made PLUR t-shirt and long hair. Only pic of me I've been able to find on this site...no Foreverland pics

I still desperately want the first track Spock played in his techno set that night. Although the venue was definitely too big for the number of tickets sold, it was overall a wikkid night, loadsa great sets...spent a lotta time in the second room, which was no less amazing than the main room.

I unfortunately missed a lotta the ones before that, but hulla 3 and 5 were nicely packed, not jammed in so you couldn't move or anything, but enough that it never looked empty. At 4, I was doing a netmeet/nametag booth thing at the back of the room, so from my perspective it looked kinda empty, as it was a pretty big venue. But basically about 1/4 of the venue just wasn't being used, except for walking through, and from that perspective, it was decently full.
http://www.slushwear.com
SlushWear.com - Your online source for all your ski, snowboard and outdoor sport needs
DNE Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 12:26 AM   #53
SyKicK2
Hullanewbie

This might seem odd. but did you used to goto Seneca college at one point..and went to Hulla 3 ...if so I think I have a picture of ya from that party.
SyKicK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #54
DNE Productions
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DNE Productions
I did go to Seneca College for 3 years, and I did go to Hulla 1, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10. So it could be.
DNE Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 06:26 AM   #55
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid

Again , best etarded face ever! *Hands you a trophy*

Thanks, I am going to have it engraved to say: ASTRAL KID DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A RAVE WAS IN 1999 WHEN I WAS AN ETARD. HE ALSO DIDN'T MAKE IT INTO THE SCRAP BOOK.
- Thom Yorke
Saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #56
pixy lee
Hullaboarder

lost pixy pix

it sucks to have missing party pictures. I lost my camara (a disposable one...anyone find it?) at Space Invaders'00/E-by-Gum's last Hulla performance (the Docks) ...and my costume was soooo wikkid too! I was dressed like a "white love." that was a really special night for me, and I wish I had the pictures to look back upon, to put in the album to keep my lonely flyer company! met one of my very best friends that night, saved a life, and started a new chapter in my own life too.

As for attendance being a little lower at parties these days...
alot of the older party kidz who still have the vyybz in their hearts and minds can't make it out to all the events these days....work, bills, etc. seems to be getting in the way more and more. But it doesn't mean that anything is dying...just waiting for a big boooyaka chance to re-emerge. Brrrrukkin out los grande gunz when we can!
Then we be showing all the newbies what it is all about!
(not that the newbies are unwelcome or lesser or anything like that...it's just nice to be able to show the peeps who weren't there in '99 what it's all about, and what it should still be about )
pixy lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #57
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
^ maybe you people ought to get out to a party, if you really think that the whole scene is just lying dormant for "the right moment"

(which is me saying that you're wrong.)
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:16 PM   #58
pixy lee
Hullaboarder

just clearin' this up...

no no no that's not what i'm sayin, (ahhh yes..the scene is just waiting for my friends and i to burst back onto the scene and bring it back to life!!!! 1,2,3, OK CLEAR! )
i'm just sayin that, whenever i talk to alot of older party kidz, we all seem to agree that, although we're all still nuts about the music and the people and the overall scene, it's hard to get together every frickin weekend (and some weekdays) in big mobile gobs like we used to and hit parties, afterparties, etc, and still function on a somewhat 'productive' plane of existence. it's easy when ur like 18, 19, even 20, living at home, or on campus, or with like 8 other people in some krazy raver commune and paying like only $150 a month in rent, to just drop everything and party so hard that you never think you'll top that experience...only to do just that the following weekend.
lot's of peeps who even now work in the scene are travelling all over, and just aren't around to fill the local venues.

Ok. So yeah. Newbies. get out their and shake ur booties. give the 'good ol days' a run for their money...just don't forget why you started partying in the first place, and get bitter and jaded like some peeps i know...
there's nothing worse than a bitter jaded raver. yeesh.
better to have not ever ventured into the realm of ravedom at all.
pixy lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #59
S2S
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
I WAS AN ETARD.

What is that?
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:20 PM   #60
jarefox
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to jarefox Send a message via Yahoo to jarefox
*Said in his best Austrailia Accent*

OI, CHRIKEY !!!. S2S, A ETARD, is a kind of elephant, native the jungles of south Toronto. A very happy animal that it is. It enjoys eating blowpops but it is often found in groups near a lake or puddle. When in motion, they tend to frolic in a sort of wavey dance. This is often thought of as a pure form of "freedom of expression".

I once saw a discovery channel special on em. Facinating creatures they are.

HAHAHAHA.

(If you took offense to this. I'm sorry. Its my attempt at a midday joke)

Cheers,

Jare Fox

"A day without dancing is a day wasted"
jarefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:05 PM   #61
hauptma2
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to hauptma2
its kinda sucks, all good things was my first and last... *tear* and yes the scene has diminished quite a bit from what i've heard (and pics i've scene) but i think at ravers we can revive at least the vibe of the good ol' days. i started throwing parties in philly and so far they seem pretty good. i only get bout 300 people or so but i'm comfortable with that becausr the people at the parties really want to be there and arent jaded or trying to be trendy. i know i'm going to be a raver for life. i just love the music, the people, and the atmoshpere way too much to ever quit going to parties. when i take on that mentality i think the scene will endure. it will never be like it once was with thousand person parties, but as long as we rave with love in hearts the vibe will continue. i know i'll keep throwing parties, untill i go broke. i know this one guy whos been to my parties whose pushing 40 and has been raving since the "summer of love" thats a fuckin long time. i aspire to rave that long...

keep raving,
keep the love,
and we can never die...

-cory
Living Life @ 160 BPM
Less Than Three Productions
Old October 14th, 2005, 12:44 AM   #62
xtcFREAK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to xtcFREAK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
Oh god I can see myself in that picture! Fear. I love that guy on the stage! He was at every party with the "ANABOLIC IS GOD" tee shirt. He was so awesomely fucked of his face all the time. He told me he controlled the music with his glowsticks. Stage guy you rule!

I'd link you to old hulla pics but theres pics of me on there that no one wants to see... well people would to laugh so NO PICS FOR ANYONE. Especially me from Hulla 7 & 8 lol! 9 was a bit embarrasing too. lol thats where that one up there is from *cower*

he even had a shirt "xtcfreak" hence where I got my hulla name I have some pics of him from foreverland.. where did he go? looking for Jellibean too, short little blonde girl.. Hrm..

Jay
xtcFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote